#1 OFFLINE   rossoGTO

rossoGTO

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,786 posts
  • Favorite Brands:KYOSHO
  • Proud Citizen of: jp

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:52 AM

I'm fairly new to this Forum and I'm a freakin Japanese guy what do I know......But reading several threads and replies from different topics reading them back and forth, up and down it seems that many collectors here hates the die-cast brand AUTOart..!    A lot of you will agree with me.  I love AUTOart for their variety of cars they make, but I own only a few models from them.    Here are just some reasons why I hate AUTOart.

1.  Their prices fluctuates all the time.   I mean one model I got from them is the 1:18 REVENTON.  I loved this model simply because quality is there and it was cheap!   I got it for Y8,300 YEN   which equals to $ 83.00 brand new!
How come the Veyron, Mclaren F1, CCX, and the Pagani Zonda R are $ 200 plus dollars.?  Why can't all models be the same price?  A stupid Gallardo is more expensive than a REVENTON.  I don't get it!

2.  Their marketing strategy stinks!!!   I think they need to listen to people like us of what we want to see in their line-up.   After all we are the consumers.  We ( not all ) buy their stuff.  They produced so many version and colors of the Veyron...........but why didn't they build the EB110 yet?  What's taking so long??      They build several Diablo.............but where is the Diablo GT or maybe the SE30?  I don't see the problem, same F'n base!    The Z06 was a success ( one of my other Autoart model ).........are they gonna make the ZR1?  

3.  They announce models to be built, we all know it will take years in the making before you see this in to a reality.  Take for example is their LP640 which they promise it will be out 2010.  2011 already and it ain't here. They are unpredictable company brand.   They like fooling people.  I hate surprises!  If you are gonna say you're gonna build a model this year then build it.  Stick to the plan!

So these are just some reasons why I hate AUTOart.   I loved their old models though.  Pretty simple and cheap back then.  Like what they say in America,  " these were the good old days! "
What about you people any moans, groans, and complains about this brand as to why you hate it?!  I'd like to know.   Thanks for allowing me to vent.  ARIGATO!!!!Posted Image  Let's drink!

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   emmanouil

emmanouil

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,520 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: gr

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:10 AM

More or less I agree with you, but talking about myself I wouldn't hate or love any company or any hobby. I keep these strong feelings for people and very certain ones!
In our discussion now, I have about 130 Autoart models, which I like very much. They produce many models I would like to have but since they are quite expensive I certainly do not buy them. Maybe I will buy them after a couple of years in case I found them second-hand or in special offers. So Autoart lost a very loyal client. I do not hate Autoart, I just pass by and wait for the certain chance to get the model I desire in the price I think it deserves. As it is usually said here and I 100% agree, I also recollect the first years of Autoart releases (around 1999 if I remembeer well), when we had great models in quality and theme in very competitive prices.

Edited by emmanouil, 16 January 2011 - 04:10 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   Super Snail

Super Snail

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,174 posts
  • Interests:Sportscars, Prototype racers, Motorcycles, Cobra's, GT40's, Porsche
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:28 AM

A lot of member here do not hate AUTOart at all, there are a number me included that do not like their actions toward stockist and their pricing policies. 10% increases in price with every new release is not warranted no other company has raised it prices so high or so quickly. I can agree with most of the pionts stated but most compaines seam to be informing people that such and such a model is going to be released never to be seen Exoto for one.

Edited by Super Snail, 16 January 2011 - 04:31 AM.

Steve

#4 OFFLINE   F355spiderMan

F355spiderMan

John

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 586 posts
  • Interests:Cars, video games, football, food, guns.
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:59 AM

Their price. Yellow and white paint on plastic parts. Emblems/scripts.

#5 OFFLINE   silverstar189

silverstar189

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 724 posts
  • Favorite Brands:cmc & exoto

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:18 AM

Autoart keep raising prices because they probably realise that collecting can be classed as a form of addiction and they realise that a good proportion of collectors will still buy at higher and higher price points because they feel compelled to in order to keep their collection complete. It's not just autoart, minichamps have done this recently as well.

#6 OFFLINE   Teejay

Teejay

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 900 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: pt

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:33 AM

I donīt hate Autoart, but there are situations that I dislike...

1- They say they will produce something, even give it the number code and then they simply donīt do it. Just happened on the 997 Turbo.

2- They donīt keep to their release dates! Best example is the CCX.

3- They donīt reply to all the customers that send them e-mails. Happens to me, I sent 3 messages asking for future releases, only got 1 reply.

4- They donīt produce models that everyone loves and that are always in the collectors wish list. EB110, Jaguar XJ220, Mclaren MP4, etc. etc.

5- Quality control should be better for models with this price. But itīs getting better in the latest models I got!

About the prices... we all hate that their are getting more expensive! But the cars are getting better so we get a small compensation!

RossoGTO, the Zonda has to be more expensive than the Reventon, it has a lot more parts and detail!! Judging by the pictures, it will be an incredible model! I donīt know if it should be that more expensive but itīs a different kind of model. Take the Mclaren or the NSX, they are quite better then your regular Autoart model.

#7 OFFLINE   Johnypham

Johnypham

Me gusta!

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 349 posts
  • Interests:Football (soccer if you will). And all diecast stuffs
  • Favorite Brands:BBR; AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: vn

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:27 AM

don't keep your hopes too high - I originally thought R390 was a perfect piece only to find several QC problems... Some minor flaws just hide themselves from those photos: they can just put a decal some where; it would still look great at first, don't get me wrong, but after a few twitching around you soon find your model a little bit overrated
Do let me know when I said something wrong guys. Regardless of whether it's diecast or my incompetent grammar or my lack of lexical resources, plz let me know. Trust me, you 'r doing me a great favor :-)

#8 Guest_[KRAFTIG]_*

Guest_[KRAFTIG]_*

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:43 AM

I think hate is a strong word...  My only complaint would be the movement on suggested retails over the last several years, seems not to be moving in-line with the rest of manufactures, which in turn is destroying the hobby for most collectors.  If this doesn't correct itself or stop all together I can see this hobby being extinction like the dinosaurs of the past. Overall I give AUTOart thumbs up for their quality and range of subjects, keep it up!!

Edited by [KRAFTIG], 16 January 2011 - 10:09 AM.

#9 OFFLINE   Florin

Florin

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,481 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Minichamps, Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:10 AM

For me it's not really hate, I had many QC issues with their models, though I have to admit the latest AAs that I've got were not as bad as before.
Even though I don't find many of their latest releases interesting, one has to admit that they definitely have a large variety of models that they offer - pretty much something for everybody. However, that takes me to the main point: prices. At an average of over $100/model, diecast collecting is getting really expensive.

But on the bright side, the competition is there with the likes of Welly and Sunstar raising their detail levels and Norev closing in really fast on Kyo/AUTOart/Minichamps...
But...but...but the Chinese labor rates!

#10 OFFLINE   Mclaren_F1

Mclaren_F1

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 2,089 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, AUTOart, Kyosho & PMA

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:17 AM

Then only reason I HATE AUTOart is because they come out with so many models so fast.  Faster than I can afford to buy them all...  Oh, and their prices too. (comparing to Exoto's prices, AUTOart isn't that bad.  Comparing to CMC's prices, AUTOart is BAD)   Other than that they're doing great, and recently have been delivering upon their promises.  Their new top of the line cars are better higher in quality, accuracy and details than many Exotos.  :gaah:

Edited by Mclaren_F1, 16 January 2011 - 10:19 AM.

Reza
Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   Redline8000

Redline8000

• DX Community
  • 22 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Hot Wheels Elite

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:58 AM

I dont hate auto art but they are quesstionable with their scale

#12 OFFLINE   Mungojerrie

Mungojerrie

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 568 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:06 PM

Price and lack of relevant subject matter. They should buy-out Maisto so they would inherit an enormous range of models to perfect. Maisto is an entry level company with TONS more models to choose. I just wish they were in the same league as AUTOart in terms of detail.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 OFFLINE   johneli1

johneli1

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:Mainly 1/18 Lamborghini diecasts but also Ferrari and any other super exotics!
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart/Kyosho

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:13 PM

I don't hate AutoArt at all but, like someone said earlier in the thread, I wish they wouldn't produce quite so many models that I want! Mind you I wish they'd hurry up with the Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera, the LP 670-4 SV and any other Lambos they're considering. Also, stabalise the pricing!

#14 OFFLINE   DevilR1

DevilR1

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 1,588 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto,Autoart,Kyosho

Posted 16 January 2011 - 12:24 PM

No hate here, they are pretty much the only company who makes most of the stuff I like and they do a pretty good job on them, so why would I hate?
Yeah ,the prices could be lower, but isn't like that with everything in life?  All the stuff I like for my bike, cost a lot too. What do you do?
Posted Image

#15 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,888 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exact Detail

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:00 PM

If I had to list the top 20 models in my collection, probably 8-10 of them would be AUTOart. When AUTOart was good, they were damned good and now the same is true of how rotten the company has become. Notice I said "company" and not their subject matter or quality. I will never be persuaded to agree that a new AUTOart release (as they exist now) is worth is $280. If I'm not going to buy a CMC or Exoto at that price, AUTOart will certainly never get my $ cause their products pale in comparison. It's also a valid claim that AUTOart QC has caused many of their former customers to vow never to buy from them again.

Opinions vary just as experience and perspective differ. I don't expect an 18 yr old kid with 90% AUTOart models to understand or accept what I'm saying but the fact that my livelihood has been centered on this industry for the last dozen years or so and I own a warehouse full of thousands of diecast cars probably means I am entitled to an opinion just like everyone else. Posted Image
Justin

#16 OFFLINE   El Cheapo

El Cheapo

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,221 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach. But not really.
  • Favorite Brands:Biante, Classic Carlectables
  • Proud Citizen of: nz

Posted 16 January 2011 - 01:13 PM

View PostMclaren_F1, on 16 January 2011 - 10:17 AM, said:

Their new top of the line cars are better higher in quality, accuracy and details than many Exotos.  :gaah:

Just vomited in my mouth a little bit   :lol:   :lol:

I don't hate AUTOart. But there's things I dislike, such as their choice of materials and their tendancy to focus on exotics. Of course their pricing ethics can be added to that as well.
Posted Image

#17 OFFLINE   mobius

mobius

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, and Elite.

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:17 PM

I kinda have a love-hate relationship with AutoART. The only reason why I buy AutoART is because even if they're more expensive than they should be, they're still be best you can get for your money if you buy them used such as through eBay. MR is certainly the best, but who can afford to pay $400 for a 1/18 model of a Murcielago? As for your thoughts on the Pagani Zonda, it's $280 because this is their premium model - quality meets or exceeds that of CMC, etc. AutoArt's Zonda has over 400 individual parts! And being that CMC usually goes for $300, I guess thier asking price for the Zonda makes sense. And yes, I agree, some of their pricing is whack. Why does their Muricelago model cost the same as the Reventon that just came out? I opened my Murcielago model and the model literally only contains 12 pieces inside - totally not worth their asking price of $122. In my opinion, the Reventon is the best bang for your buck because it's a really really good model, and they usually go on eBay for only $90. I paid $40 for my stupid ugly looking Bburago Reventon model!!

And you've really earned my respect because you have an interest in the ZR1. Usually, the only people that like Corvettes are Americans. For instance, it seems like Europeans are always bashing the Corvette because it's an American car.

#18 OFFLINE   Mungojerrie

Mungojerrie

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 568 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:45 PM

You have a point about the 'Vette, Mobius. BUT, my favorite episode of Top Gear has Jeremy falling in love with his ZR1 for the day...

Goes to show, it doesn't matter where you live, you can still adore a car for what it is and what it represents.

:gaah:

Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 OFFLINE   mobius

mobius

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, and Elite.

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:47 PM

View PostMungojerrie, on 16 January 2011 - 03:45 PM, said:

You have a point about the 'Vette, Mobius. BUT, my favorite episode of Top Gear has Jeremy falling in love with his ZR1 for the day...

Goes to show, it doesn't matter where you live, you can still adore a car for what it is and what it represents.

Posted Image

I haven't watched this particular episode. But in another episode of his, he compares the ZR1 to the R8. In that episode, he bashes the ZR1 about its lack of control and lack of finesse compared to the R8.

Edited by mobius, 16 January 2011 - 03:49 PM.

#20 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,888 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exact Detail

Posted 16 January 2011 - 04:07 PM

The R8 headlights look like a 16 yr old went to the corner hardware store and glued on some cheap rope lighting. I just can't get past that. :gaah: I'd trade an R8 for half of a ZR1.
Justin

#21 OFFLINE   Thorst13

Thorst13

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 2,864 posts
  • Interests:.
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit, HWE.
  • Proud Citizen of: no

Posted 16 January 2011 - 06:48 PM

I don’t hate AUTOart. In fact, nearly 50% of my displayed collection is AUTOart.

That said, they are not without flaw. My biggest concern is their continued increasing prices, their questionable business ethics towards loyal customers and retailers.

My focus is also a lot more on quality now when the prices have sky rocketed,
While I love the four McLarens I've bought over these last months, all of them had quality issues.

The silver one had several small ones described in my first impression thread.
The platinum one had a hood I had to fix because it wouldn’t close properly.
The black one had extremely wobbly wheels which made it impossible to roll, the right side compartment also had a loose magnet.
The white one's left door only opens about halfway before it starts to rub into the paint.

All my CCX's had problems too.
Posted Image

#22 OFFLINE   acisne

acisne

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,816 posts
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Favorite Brands:Anything that is has value for my money

Posted 16 January 2011 - 07:57 PM

Like most, I DON'T hate AUTOart. Like Thorst said, I own a lot of them but I now can't justify the price increase. There was a time where they were a solid value and no one ever had QC problems. I used to put them away without looking opening the boxes, but now, you MUST inspect them the minute you get them.

Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)

#23 OFFLINE   Pumcy

Pumcy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 660 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart and Kyosho

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:31 PM

I'm also in the camp that doesn't hate autoart.
I have quite a few of them and plan to buy more in the future.

If they were cheaper, i'd buy a lot more of them. Just in the last week i received my CCX. I have been dying for one of these since they were announced. What is that, like 5 years ago?
It wasn't until this year when i got a bunch of money for christmas that I decided to jump on it. I even weighed it against buying 4 cheaper models as an alternative. 200 is just too much for a model for most people.

What I hate is the direction they are going. The higher the prices get, the harder it is for more and more poeple to justify the purchase of them. It makes it extremely hard for new people to start into this hobby. It also drives people out of the hobby as well.
Unfotunately, AUTOart is not the only company guilty of that. Mattel with their Elite line have been creeping up the prices for a while now. If you're like me and collect supercars, there isn't much choice anymore. Hotwheels makes the Ferrari's. They've gone up in price over the last 2 years. They've gotten better, but the price is still hard to swallow. Kyosho and AUTOart make the Lambos. It used to be the Kyosho's were the more expensive models. Now you can find them a fair be cheaper than AUTOart Lambos.
I'm sure the same stands true for other subjects like muscle cars.

There's 3 ways to make more money on your products.

1. sell more volume
2. cut corners and make more profit per unit
3. increase price to make more profit per unit

AUTOart chose the greedy way. They opted to go for 2 and 3.
If you choose to increase prices and alienate a good portion of your customer, you better make sure your product it top notch or the few that can afford your stuff may not come back.

The sad truth is, if AUTOart falls it will be a huge dent in this hobby. It will leave a gap that will be hard to be filled. If they don't smarten up they may find their sales volume will drop too low, and we'll all be sorry if that happens.

#24 OFFLINE   mox

mox

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,539 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:34 PM

I don't hate AUTOart either. GMP? Them I hate.

Like everyone else here, I do hate the direction AUTOart has been heading for some time. I have a feeling it's going to be at best harmful and at worst ruinous to the future of the hobby. One only has to look at the number of collectors who are being forced to either severely limit their purchases or simply stop buying all together. In a few years they've gone from selling great models that nearly anyone could afford to selling good to excellent models that are approaching the threshold where only the rich can afford them.

John
Posted Image
DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How To's, Facts and FAQ

Driving an automatic and thinking you're a skilled driver is like playing Guitar Hero and thinking you can play guitar.

Serious collectors don't buy budget models? Hahahaha...that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard

#25 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,036 posts
  • Interests:Theology, motoring, and art
  • Favorite Brands:Spark, HPI, Bizarre, and Premium ClassiXXs

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:00 PM

View PostPumcy, on 16 January 2011 - 08:31 PM, said:

Unfotunately, AUTOart is not the only company guilty of that.

While I'm not exactly an AUTOart enthusiast these days, I once enjoyed partaking in their offerings. But, like everyone else, I just can't justify their prices for what you actually get.

Yet, for me AUTOart is not the swine of the die-cast manufacturers. Nah, I personally consider Exoto, specifically Tony K., to be the ultimate bottom-feeder and villain of our beloved die-cast hobby. While AUTOart is not wearing wings and a halo these days, Exoto seems to be more than proud to display their ugly horns and teeth. I can't say that AUTOart is necessarily a thief, liar, or scammer; however, I can say that and more about Exoto. Thus, I respectfully withhold my hate (or strong dislike) for the small California-based company who thinks they can spit in the face of its loyal customers and still make it into the Diecast Hall of Fame.

There's my two cents and quite possibly the most negative, trite, and distasteful rhetoric you'll ever hear out of me.Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use