SchrodingersBox

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 538 posts
  • Favorite Brands:MiniChamps, HPI, GMP
  • Proud Citizen of:†ca

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:20 PM

View PostDiecast24/7, on 17 January 2011 - 02:01 PM, said:

I'll take that with a heavy dose of sarcasm, but I'll take it nonetheless!Posted Image

haha No, Justin.  Having grown up on the internet I do not use sarcasm on it.  When I do it is explicitly obvious.  So take the compliment!

View Postmox, on 17 January 2011 - 02:12 PM, said:

Although I don't go along with the cost side of your arguement, I think we sort of agree on the fact that it comes down to AUTOart charging what the market will bear. As long as people are willing to pay increasingly higher prices, AUTOart will continue to push the price envelope. And that is entirely their prerogative, and their customers are apparently quite content with the situation as well. However, I stand by my earlier statement that this will not end well for the diecast hobby.

Really I was just pondering the cost theme to stoke the idea that there is more than is obvious working to affect pricing.  I don't necessarily believe everything I wrote, but was just thinking and tossing it out there for someone to show me another side, so thanks for the challenges! :D

And while I'd agree it's possible this won't end well for the hobby, it could equally catalyze a unification of enthusiasts to deny AutoArt their plan.  It's like any other social structure in the regard that it is what we make of it.  Sadly it isn't a hobby enough people are passionate enough about to do something like, make a change.  We've got wars to fight and mouths to feed.  On that bombshell, it's more possible than any other direction we could go in.

Glad I cashed in when I did!

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#52 OFFLINE   mox

mox

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,429 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:30 PM

View PostSchrodingersBox, on 17 January 2011 - 02:20 PM, said:

I'll take that with a heavy dose of sarcasm, but I'll take it nonetheless!Posted Image

haha No, Justin.  Having grown up on the internet I do not use sarcasm on it.  When I do it is explicitly obvious.  So take the compliment!

Although I don't go along with the cost side of your arguement, I think we sort of agree on the fact that it comes down to AUTOart charging what the market will bear. As long as people are willing to pay increasingly higher prices, AUTOart will continue to push the price envelope. And that is entirely their prerogative, and their customers are apparently quite content with the situation as well. However, I stand by my earlier statement that this will not end well for the diecast hobby.

Really I was just pondering the cost theme to stoke the idea that there is more than is obvious working to affect pricing.  I don't necessarily believe everything I wrote, but was just thinking and tossing it out there for someone to show me another side, so thanks for the challenges! :D

And while I'd agree it's possible this won't end well for the hobby, it could equally catalyze a unification of enthusiasts to deny AutoArt their plan.  It's like any other social structure in the regard that it is what we make of it.  Sadly it isn't a hobby enough people are passionate enough about to do something like, make a change.  We've got wars to fight and mouths to feed.  On that bombshell, it's more possible than any other direction we could go in.

No, I'm sure that's never going to happen. The people who aren't buying these models either don't want them, or simply can't afford them any more. Those that are still buying them say they're unhappy with the price, while at the same time paying it. We've been having this discussion for years at DX. It's their money, they can do what they like, but accepting whatever is thrown their way isn't going to change anything.

John
Posted Image
DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How To's, Facts and FAQ

Driving an automatic and thinking you're a skilled driver is like playing Guitar Hero and thinking you can play guitar.

Serious collectors don't buy budget models? Hahahaha...that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard

#53 OFFLINE   SchrodingersBox

SchrodingersBox

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 538 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:36 PM

:occasion14:

#54 OFFLINE   mox

mox

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,429 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:41 PM

View PostSchrodingersBox, on 17 January 2011 - 02:36 PM, said:

:occasion14:
Pretty much sums up my feelings too.

John
Posted Image

Driving an automatic and thinking you're a skilled driver is like playing Guitar Hero and thinking you can play guitar.

Serious collectors don't buy budget models? Hahahaha...that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard

#55 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,700 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exact Detail
  • Proud Citizen of:†us

Posted 17 January 2011 - 02:55 PM

View PostDiecast24/7, on 17 January 2011 - 12:48 PM, said:

View PostRattlerGUNZ, on 17 January 2011 - 12:25 PM, said:

I just found out that MR.LEE closed the warehouse in MONTREAL,so all the AUTOart models will be coming from California to Canada.Nice Xmas Present to the ppl at the Warehouse Mr.Lee   Posted Image

Are you serious, Johnny? (Where the hell have you been, by the way?)

This is earth-shaking news!Posted Image  Getting on the phone right now to a friend/competitor who moves alot of AUTOart but refuses to deal with Gateway Global in Calif. cause of all the lies they've been caught in. He loved the Canadian warehouse and had all his stuff imported. Will report back!

This from my buddy.

I will be able to discuss with you further next week.

It's what we've been saying for years in threads right here on DX. It's not good for the hobby and is leading us down a path of no return.
Justin

#56 OFFLINE   Pumcy

Pumcy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 720 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart and Kyosho

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:48 PM

View Postmox, on 17 January 2011 - 02:30 PM, said:

No, I'm sure that's never going to happen. The people who aren't buying these models either don't want them, or simply can't afford them any more. Those that are still buying them say they're unhappy with the price, while at the same time paying it. We've been having this discussion for years at DX. It's their money, they can do what they like, but accepting whatever is thrown their way isn't going to change anything.

I am one of those people.
I am not happy that I have to shell out 100+ to get the models I want, but for me there isn't much alternative.
If I collected Muscle cars, then I'd be able to move on. That's not what I collect though. Muscle cars don't mean anything to me as I didn't grow up in that era, and I never had a family member with one. (that's not a shot against anyone that love muscle cars)
Supercars are my thing, and while AUTOart doesn't have a monopoly of them, the vast majority of the subject matter I'm interested in comes from AUTOart.
When faced with quitting this hobby or pay more for each model, the decision is clear to me; I have to pay more per model.
I'm not ready to give up collecting so I'll pay what I have to.

That being said, I won't be buying a Zonda R for 280+. I wouldn't pay 200 for a CCX, I'm damn sure not paying that much for Zonda.
If prices keep going up, then I'll just have to give up this hobby. I've already severly limited my new purchases in the last year or so. There's certainly deals to be had in the used market, but I won't be looking at the new market as much anymore.

Edited by Pumcy, 17 January 2011 - 04:49 PM.

#57 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,700 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:59 PM

View PostPumcy, on 17 January 2011 - 04:48 PM, said:

I am not happy that I have to shell out 100+ to get the models I want, but for me there isn't much alternative.
If I collected Muscle cars, then I'd be able to move on. That's not what I collect though. Muscle cars don't mean anything to me as I didn't grow up in that era, and I never had a family member with one. (that's not a shot against anyone that love muscle cars)
Supercars are my thing, and while AUTOart doesn't have a monopoly of them, the vast majority of the subject matter I'm interested in comes from AUTOart.
When faced with quitting this hobby or pay more for each model, the decision is clear to me; I have to pay more per model.

That being said, I won't be buying a Zonda R for 280+. I wouldn't pay 200 for a CCX, I'm damn sure not paying that much for Zonda.
If prices keep going up, then I'll just have to give up this hobby. I've already severly limited my new purchases in the last year or so. There's certainly deals to be had in the used market, but I won't be looking at the new market as much anymore.

I don't envy your position, Kevin. I think collectors like you are finding out just what we've been saying for years now: continuing to pay AUTOart's ever-increasing premium for their products is carte-blanche approval of everything they're doing and that's bad for the hobby. Personally, I would deeply resent a company that was single-handedly forcing me out of this hobby.

And while you and I won't pay $280 for the Zonda even if we really want it, there are others who say "Worth every penny!" and buy it with relish.
Justin

#58 OFFLINE   Pumcy

Pumcy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 720 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:10 PM

View PostDiecast24/7, on 17 January 2011 - 04:59 PM, said:

I don't envy your position, Kevin. I think collectors like you are finding out just what we've been saying for years now: continuing to pay AUTOart's ever-increasing premium for their products is carte-blanche approval of everything they're doing and that's bad for the hobby. Personally, I would deeply resent a company that was single-handedly forcing me out of this hobby.

And while you and I won't pay $280 for the Zonda even if we really want it, there are others who say "Worth every penny!" and buy it with relish.

Oh i definitely resent them for it.
I reluctantly buy their models once in a while because they are mostly beautiful pieces, but I simply don't have the income needed to buy these anymore.
The sad thing is, my salary has doubled since I started in this hobby, yet I still find it harder and harder to buy as many models as I once did.

There will always be people out there that are willing to buy things for whatever price. Hopefully AUTOart smartens up and realizes that there aren't that many people that collect diecasts, and they often can't afford models of this price range.
If I had the money to buy all the models I wanted, I probably still wouldn't as a 1:1 sportscar would be a better thing to spend that money on. I buy these models because I can't afford the real deal.

I'm not just realizing that it's bad for the hobby. I've always known that it's a bad situation we're in. Unfortunately it's not the hardcore collectors like us that AUTOart are marketing too. They seem to be going more for the casual collector that wouldn't mind spending 200 for a model of their favorite car. They don't worry so much about the price because they may buy 1 or 2 and move on.
The price increases really affect the habitual collector, and not so much the casual collector.

Edited by Pumcy, 17 January 2011 - 05:14 PM.

#59 OFFLINE   rossoGTO

rossoGTO

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Favorite Brands:KYOSHO
  • Proud Citizen of:†jp

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:35 PM

" More young idiots out there with money to burn, "  Ouch!!!   I'm kinda old so " don't forget old idiots too like myself are out there burning money. "   Idiot or not it's the feeling of satisfaction and happiness I get when I look at my models.  After all why do we collect these models anyway??    It don't matter, a model can be only a dollar, or as much as $500 or more, if it brings joy and you can still afford it why not?!!!!!    And these idiot is spending his own money and not asking nobody else for that matter.

#60 OFFLINE   Pumcy

Pumcy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 720 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:55 PM

View PostrossoGTO, on 17 January 2011 - 05:35 PM, said:

" More young idiots out there with money to burn, "  Ouch!!!   I'm kinda old so " don't forget old idiots too like myself are out there burning money. "   Idiot or not it's the feeling of satisfaction and happiness I get when I look at my models.  After all why do we collect these models anyway??    It don't matter, a model can be only a dollar, or as much as $500 or more, if it brings joy and you can still afford it why not?!!!!!    And these idiot is spending his own money and not asking nobody else for that matter.

That's the issue at hand though.
the way the prices have increased recently, more and more people are finding that the CAN'T afford them, but there are still people out there that can and will buy them, so it give AUTOart no real reason to lower prices back down, or even stop raising the prices more.

As long as they are still selling models, they will continue to increase prices, and force out collectors.
If you can afford to buy them, and don't have buyers remorse when you do, then more power to you. The simple fact is, there really aren't that many collectors like you out there anymore.

#61 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,700 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:57 PM

View PostPumcy, on 17 January 2011 - 05:55 PM, said:

View PostrossoGTO, on 17 January 2011 - 05:35 PM, said:

That's the issue at hand though.
the way the prices have increased recently, more and more people are finding that the CAN'T afford them, but there are still people out there that can and will buy them, so it give AUTOart no real reason to lower prices back down, or even stop raising the prices more.

As long as they are still selling models, they will continue to increase prices, and force out collectors.
If you can afford to buy them, and don't have buyers remorse when you do, then more power to you. The simple fact is, there really aren't that many collectors like you out there anymore.

Very well put, Kevin. Listen, this is not a issue of morality - it's just a hobby. But if we're going to get right down to it, supporting a post-2002 AUTOart can not be a good thing for the hobby in my opinion.  :occasion14:
Justin

#62 Guest_TOR35_*

Guest_TOR35_*

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:16 PM

I'd be all over Norev if they made decent JDM's. Until then though (and add the fact that in my case, AUTOart's are easily accessible in my area), I will be buying models of cars that I like and right now AUTOart is producing them.

#63 OFFLINE   rossoGTO

rossoGTO

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:22 PM

As a Japanese guy, I understand some of us got other responsibilities to take care of besides our hobbies.  But where do you draw the line?   A person like myself isn't gonna make a big difference whether I stop buying Autoart or Kyosho, or etc...!  They will still produce expensive models to this date.  We, here as members of DX can go to their doorsteps and complain and tell them not to buy their product if they don't lower the prices......let me tell you they're just gonna laugh at our faces because we don't own the world.    We can stop buying their models OK I give you that credit.   What about the other young and old idiots out there all over the world that is not a member of DX or any other diecast forums that wanna buy AUTOart products?
We cannot stop AUTOart from producing whatever they wanna produce.  And it's no longer my business whether they raise their prices every month or not.    You like a model, but it's expensive!   Don't buy it.  Simple.   But I'm not gonna stop and pretend I don't like to buy something that I want just because other people feel that it is out of their price range.  

Look,  my neighbor bought a 1:1 Nissan GTR R-34 ( used ) I want that car so bad, but I accepted the fact that I will never own one because I cannot afford it, but I'm not going in to a Nissan dealership and telling them I'm not gonna buy your car because the pricing is to high.   Some of us can / and some of us can't afford things in this world.   That's reality!!!

#64 OFFLINE   SchrodingersBox

SchrodingersBox

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 538 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:23 PM

I'd just like to clarify that a large chunk of the 'idiot' comment I made was self-derogatory.  I've paid a premium for a number of models I shouldn't have. No regrets though! LIVE IN THE MOMENT DUDES!!

#65 OFFLINE   118supercars

118supercars

• DX Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 5,483 posts
  • Interests:Cars, photography, nature/outdoors.
  • Number of Models:60
  • Favorite Brands:none

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:26 PM

Hate is too strong of a word for me, I'm just not a very hateful or angry person in general, but I do strongly dislike AutoArt.  Yes, I love the AutoArt models in my collection, but as a company, I think they are the lowest of the low, for several reasons:

1. Their models are overpriced and I will not be told otherwise.  No way are the NSX, Veyron, CCX and their other current models worth $200 when years ago they were making the Diablo GTR and Panoz GTR-1 for $50.  I really don't see any upgrades in quality, let alone enough to justify the price costing 4x higher.

2. Bad color choices.  I hate that their CCX only comes in ugly orange or boring silver or black, that along with the cost is preventing me from buying one.  They could have made blue, yellow, red, white, green CCX's but instead that awful orange  :occasion14:

3. mac47 and Nicadraus and anyone similar to them.

4. They replaced UT, which was in my opinion everything a diecast company should be, now AutoArt has become the opposite of UT.

5. The bullshit press releases that they put out, expecting collectors to give them sympathy.

I could probably think of more, like the behind the scenes issues that Justin and other salesmen have with them, but that is all from me for now.
Posted Image

#66 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,700 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:33 PM

View PostrossoGTO, on 17 January 2011 - 06:22 PM, said:

As a Japanese guy, I understand some of us got other responsibilities to take care of besides our hobbies.  But where do you draw the line?   A person like myself isn't gonna make a big difference whether I stop buying Autoart or Kyosho, or etc...!  They will still produce expensive models to this date.  We, here as members of DX can go to their doorsteps and complain and tell them not to buy their product if they don't lower the prices......let me tell you they're just gonna laugh at our faces because we don't own the world.    We can stop buying their models OK I give you that credit.   What about the other young and old idiots out there all over the world that is not a member of DX or any other diecast forums that wanna buy AUTOart products?
We cannot stop AUTOart from producing whatever they wanna produce.  And it's no longer my business whether they raise their prices every month or not.    You like a model, but it's expensive!   Don't buy it.  Simple.   But I'm not gonna stop and pretend I don't like to buy something that I want just because other people feel that it is out of their price range.  

Look,  my neighbor bought a 1:1 Nissan GTR R-34 ( used ) I want that car so bad, but I accepted the fact that I will never own one because I cannot afford it, but I'm not going in to a Nissan dealership and telling them I'm not gonna buy your car because the pricing is to high.   Some of us can / and some of us can't afford things in this world.   That's reality!!!

And I completely understand that! But at the same time, if I choose not to buy from them, support them in any way or promote them because I'm opposed to them for whatever reasons, that's okay too, right? It wouldn't change the diecast landscape, but it would give me satisfaction knowing that I'm not personally supporting them, especially when it means making a sacrifice to do so.
Justin

#67 OFFLINE   diecastcarsgroup

diecastcarsgroup

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 379 posts
  • Favorite Brands:As long as it represents the car I want in a proper way.

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:02 PM

Hahaha! Hypocrisy! You don't like AUTOart probably cause you can't afford it.  If you don't like AUTOart and still buy it, then you're 100% an addict to it, Why? 'Cause you just CAN'T GIVE IT UP.  This is what AUTOart has been manipulating most hobbyists ever since the rapid price increase -- they got these type of hobbyists by the neck.  If you don't like AUTOart and buy them NOT, or just buy some other alternative brand you think is satisfactory to you despite the difference in quality and craftsmanship, then kudos to you... 'Cause YOU'RE IN CONTROL of YOUR HOBBY and not the HOBBY in CONTROL OF YOU!

AUTOart is a business and it's out there for the money.  You can hate them and flame them but there will and always will be hobbyists who are willing to burn money for luxurious items such as AUTOart's model cars.
| JOJO BEE | AUTO-ART-&-PERFORMANCE | OTTO ART N PERFORMHANS | DIECASTCARSGROUP ® |

#68 Guest_Badhabits_*

Guest_Badhabits_*

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:30 PM

Ya the pricing point , well taken. Up for the most part yet they don't offer much more detail or improvement quality wise. They are at GMP prices but not quite there as far as detail.

But fit any finish and variety I love. Closing of the  Mtl warehouse would/does suck if they now come from USA to us in Canada. Just ups the price to get them.

My list  of AutoArt wants must be well over 80 cars . But price keeps me from buy AT THIS TIME or recent years as many as I used to. Cut in haft or less my buying of AUTOart. SUCKS too.
But would not have room for that many more anyways , not including my wants from the other makers.

You guys ever notice atleast on Ebay how much AUTOart , Import and exotics cars hold there value and or go up and stay up, versus any American muscle cars.
Sort of like when they took over pretty much the real car market.

Can I afford them yes and no.  Me >>less money and even lesser brains, LOL. Should I be buying diecast in general ?
No. More important things need and better to put money on around my house/my life. BUT ADDICTED until broke or dead.

As far as best diecast maker if you look at detail / accuracy / quality and price  is HWY-61. No exotics or imports though.
If non of these high detail and more accurate and better quality makers never came along I would have been quite happy with makers like Maisto, RoadLegends/Yatming/Greenlight etc.

#69 OFFLINE   rossoGTO

rossoGTO

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:37 PM

I respect everyones opinion here.   No matter what you think about this situation it all boils down to one thing.  At the end of the day you are still a collector, or hobbyist, or whatever you wanna call yourself.  We're here on this forum because we simply loved cars.  We all have different reasons why we have cabinets, or furnitures full of these models.   As a collector who loves model cars it doesn't matter how much you paid for your models.  It's the fun and the joy that it brings is what matters the most!  
If some people here saying that others will turn away from collecting, and quitting just because one brand decides to up their prices then good luck to you.   There is other alternatives you know.  You still have Maisto, Mondo Motors, and MotorMax.   Or for those who wanna spend a bit more you're lucky because you have Norev, and Hotwheels Elite.  Now if you wanna slip in more cash you're in luck because you have Kyosho, Minichamps, and Autoart.   For those who have deeper pockets you got BBR, MR, and Exoto.    And finally to those who are blessed with lots of cash and want that one of a kind models you got Versus, APM, MDS, and WMS!   We got lots of choices gentleman.  Take your pick that matches your wallet.Posted Image

#70 OFFLINE   El Cheapo

El Cheapo

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,302 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach. But not really.
  • Favorite Brands:Biante, Classic Carlectables
  • Proud Citizen of:†nz

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:46 PM

I think that if AUTOart went the way of making all their releases limited editions, it would go some way justify their prices. But also, it might possibly help a few shops. People might feel more inclined to pre-order models from their local brick and mortar diecast shop so that they wouldn't miss out.

It works in Australia. Models are often produced to limited editions, based on the amount of pre-orders placed. And quite a few diecasts become sell-outs. Sure, it might not save all shops, and people wont make millions overnight, but it would at least entice more traffic to these shops, and perhaps create a few new customer bonds. I pre-order all my most wanted Australian purchases from my Aussie retailer (I live in NZ) mostly because I know he'll look after me by sending me one of the best in the batch, and occasionally giving me specials. That sort of bond might turn people away from buying their diecasts online (ebay, etc).

Edited by El Cheapo, 17 January 2011 - 07:47 PM.

Posted Image

#71 OFFLINE   mox

mox

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,429 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 08:06 PM

View Postmox, on 17 January 2011 - 02:30 PM, said:

Kevin, are there no other cars that appeal to you? Because there's a lot more out there than supercars and muscle cars. I empathize with your situation, but maybe you can find a way around it.

John
Posted Image

#72 OFFLINE   Super Snail

Super Snail

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,387 posts
  • Interests:Sportscars, Prototype racers, Motorcycles, Cobra's, GT40's, Porsche
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC
  • Proud Citizen of:†gb

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:03 AM

I really donít think that pointing out faults with a company makes you a hater of that company, itís more important to bring these points out in to the open and discus them like open minded individuals than to start calling each other names. Most companies at some time do things that we donít like be it on pricing, creating colours for a model that never existed or re releasing limited editions itís good to see what other people think; this is one of only a handful of websites that allow this to happen. Other website would have banned and locked this thread with in minutes of it being started. But what does that do; nothing. Problems donít get discussed and every thing in the garden is smelling of roses, but in reality whom are they kidding only them selves, youíre still being taken advantage off. Diecastexchange is a great place to be.
Steve

#73 OFFLINE   Scalainj

Scalainj

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,102 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, HPI, Neo

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:33 AM

Ethics and morals aside i 'love' (insert sarcasm, cynicism and general British black humour comments here) having my pants pulled down and being bent over on a monthly basis by Jimmy. But enough of my personal life   :rolleyes:

I don't hate Autoart, not do i even dislike them and i'm continuing to buy there new releases at the biggest discount i can find. And whilst that is a collecting ethic i apply to all purchases i find with other manufacturers i will look for a discount less if that makes sense.

I will buy your models mate - but as at close to trade as i can and although i know this only affects the supplier (who still makes some cash) it does make me feel as if i'm giving you a truly Royal Two Fingered Salute. This makes me feel better.

Exoto on the other hand will have to perform tricks to get me to spend much on them. Proper tricks at that, none of this sleight of credit card nonsense

I find myself not actually caring anymore but thats probably because i can still afford them and on the outside i'm not bothered.
That probably seems a little cold and clinical but this to me is a hobby. If it was my livelihood (and i know a lot of the dealers) i would be spitting brick and looking up the word Molotov to see if it had a use

But now when i look back, when Autoart started pushing their prices upwards in big chunks, my collection changed focus to 1/43 and thats where its heading with 1/18s being 'halo' purchases so the whole AUTOart thing whilst i like to think has not really bothered me has subliminally pushed me into the little scale.

I just however bought the Mac F1 so i'm a hypocrite. Also please feel free to call me an idiot. Its a proper step up for me in reality   :occasion14:

Andy
When you have nothing good to say, best say nothing.

It only has 140 horses. I exercise them daily

#74 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,700 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:07 PM

View PostSuper Snail, on 18 January 2011 - 05:03 AM, said:

I really don't think that pointing out faults with a company makes you a hater of that company, it's more important to bring these points out in to the open and discus them like open minded individuals than to start calling each other names. Most companies at some time do things that we don't like be it on pricing, creating colours for a model that never existed or re releasing limited editions it's good to see what other people think; this is one of only a handful of websites that allow this to happen. Other website would have banned and locked this thread with in minutes of it being started. But what does that do; nothing. Problems don't get discussed and every thing in the garden is smelling of roses, but in reality whom are they kidding only them selves, you're still being taken advantage off. Diecastexchange is a great place to be.

Thanks for that, Steve. Basing membership into a community solely on whether the individual praises a specific brand is ludicrous. How can that possibly be a good thing? For all the glory that AUTOart recieves on DX, we do hold their hand to the fire when needed. One way or another, all opinions will be given voice and the community will have to decide for themselves what to believe.

View PostScalainj, on 18 January 2011 - 05:33 AM, said:

Ethics and morals aside i 'love' (insert sarcasm, cynicism and general British black humour comments here) having my pants pulled down and being bent over on a monthly basis by Jimmy. But enough of my personal life  Posted Image

I don't hate Autoart, not do i even dislike them and i'm continuing to buy there new releases at the biggest discount i can find. And whilst that is a collecting ethic i apply to all purchases i find with other manufacturers i will look for a discount less if that makes sense.

I will buy your models mate - but as at close to trade as i can and although i know this only affects the supplier (who still makes some cash) it does make me feel as if i'm giving you a truly Royal Two Fingered Salute. This makes me feel better.

Exoto on the other hand will have to perform tricks to get me to spend much on them. Proper tricks at that, none of this sleight of credit card nonsense

I find myself not actually caring anymore but thats probably because i can still afford them and on the outside i'm not bothered.
That probably seems a little cold and clinical but this to me is a hobby. If it was my livelihood (and i know a lot of the dealers) i would be spitting brick and looking up the word Molotov to see if it had a use

But now when i look back, when Autoart started pushing their prices upwards in big chunks, my collection changed focus to 1/43 and thats where its heading with 1/18s being 'halo' purchases so the whole AUTOart thing whilst i like to think has not really bothered me has subliminally pushed me into the little scale.

I just however bought the Mac F1 so i'm a hypocrite. Also please feel free to call me an idiot. Its a proper step up for me in reality   :occasion14:

Andy

That's the attitude, Andy. Posted Image  Someone related to me that one of our haters was smearing me because I claim to "hate" AUTOart but continue purchasing their products. First of all, what have I purchased?  Posted Image  I'd really like to know cause I don't see it in my collection. They also said I had no right to criticize them if I'm still buying their products. Now, that makes a whole lot of sense. So you're only allowed to criticize models that you don't own. More convoluted logic from the "other side."
Justin

#75 OFFLINE   Scalainj

Scalainj

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,102 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, HPI, Neo

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:34 PM

Frankly i believe anyone can critisise anything model they wish too, as long as its constructive, well reasoned and not done to deliberately cause offence.

We cannot all agree, or all like the same thing, but we can all have an opinion we can express whether we own none, one or one thousand.
And we should express that opinion respectfully. This forum is not about polictics or religion its is about scale models of all types and sizes.

Its a hobby, a pastime, not something anyone should argue about. Its supposed to be fun.

Justin. I do not know whether you have or have not bought an Autoart recently, or not so recently but whether you have or not is no reason not to have or express an opinion.

Go for it, you are forum meister. I might or might not agree with you but i'll discuss that with you just as if we were down the rubber dub, propping up the bar over a pint or three. With enjoyment, having a laugh, enjoying a bit of banter.

Can you virtually taste it. Mmm a pint

Andy
When you have nothing good to say, best say nothing.

It only has 140 horses. I exercise them daily

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use