• DX All-Stars
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,699 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: us
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Exact Detail

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:40 PM

View Posttonyg54, on 07 February 2011 - 11:51 AM, said:

View Postacisne, on 07 February 2011 - 11:27 AM, said:

Good to see the response from Mark. But I am surprised that more companies are not going through the same financial squeeze as GMP is.

They very well may be but wouldn't dare be as open as Mark was.

Scary times, scary times.

Totally agreed! GMP's open communication is extremely commendable and refeshing. I am very pleasantly surprised to see Mark's response and can only imagine how they felt when they realized that half of their financing had dried up.

As DX no doubt represents a much larger segment of GMP customers, it would be nice to have Mark join us here as well. Posted Image

Justin

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#27 OFFLINE   tonyg54

tonyg54

• DX Administrative Staff
  • PipPip
  • 6,347 posts
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart, Minichamps

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:28 PM

View PostDiecast24/7, on 07 February 2011 - 12:40 PM, said:

Good to see the response from Mark. But I am surprised that more companies are not going through the same financial squeeze as GMP is.

Totally agreed! GMP's open communication is extremely commendable and refeshing. I am very pleasantly surprised to see Mark's response and can only imagine how they felt when they realized that half of their financing had dried up.

As DX no doubt represents a much larger segment of GMP customers, it would be nice to have Mark join us here as well. Posted Image

I'll shoot him a note and see if it's willing to join if he hasn't, we were emailing this morning.

#28 OFFLINE   JSB 33

JSB 33

Silver Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,491 posts
  • Interests:Family, Cars (1:1 & 1:43) Automotive books, Guns, yard work and gardening
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:M/C, Spark, Bizarre

Posted 07 February 2011 - 01:31 PM

GMP Mark sure showed the way to handle a crisis and address the most important people in the world, his customers.
Well done! :twocents:

If only every diecast related business (or magazine) knew how to do this.....
Jeff
"When politicians are arrogant enough to think they can plan and control life better than free people, people suffer."

Posted ImageE Rod_017, on 23 July 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

Reason why 1:43 scale cars aren't that popular because most people including me(sorry it I offend) consider them toys and not Collectable model cars. .

Should you collect 1:43?

The Paladin

In my opinion, no if you can afford 1:18 models. First of all, most people will think of them as toys, while 1:18 models can look as something classy if you have a few.

Like things in a smaller scale? Try Scale143
Click on my banner to see my website
Posted Image

#29 OFFLINE   mosteller

mosteller

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:Primarily post -WWII and pre-1980 sports cars and road racing cars.
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:CMC

Posted 07 February 2011 - 05:48 PM

Thanks for the response Mark. IMO, GMP sets the standard for great customer service and I truly hope they will overcome their present financial difficulties. The hobby would be sorely hurt by their departure.
Bob
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and ambition.

#30 OFFLINE   DC4ME

DC4ME

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1,365 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: ca
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:CMC BBR

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:10 PM

There is no question that they are a good group of people with families that are supported by this company. I wish them ALL THE VERY BEST!
Gilles

Posted Image

#31 OFFLINE   Florin

Florin

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,626 posts
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Minichamps, Kyosho

Posted 07 February 2011 - 06:51 PM

View PostDiecast24/7, on 07 February 2011 - 12:40 PM, said:

I have nothing to add, what you guys said are exactly my thoughts. Good to see GMP is here to stay.
But...but...but the Chinese labor rates!

#32 OFFLINE   Blitz

Blitz

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,932 posts
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:depends on the subject matter

Posted 07 February 2011 - 10:41 PM

Whew!  I'd hate for my only source of StreetFighters (Pro-Touring cars) to bite the dust.   :twocents:

On a serious note though, I'm really surprised to see so many individuals have a negative experience with them.  

#33 OFFLINE   Autobahn

Autobahn

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2,426 posts
  • Interests:F1, TopGear, and the St. Louis Cardinals
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Kyosho, Hot Wheels Elite

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:05 PM

Mark's candor about GMP's situation is refreshing.  I know there was some talk about the future of Tom's Garage.  I haven't been a member for a few years now, but some current members were wondering about the future of that program.

Going forward, GMP's strategy seems sound, so I hope they can work through their current financial situation.  It makes sense to have the Acme line focusing on products around the $100 price point and premium products like the Masterpiece Ferraris and Corvettes at a higher price point and level of detail.  I'm still trying to figure out what to do with my 1965 Corvette diecast.  I hope GMP will be as receptive to my request for a resolution as they were in the past.
Matt

Recent 1/18 Purchases:

Norev W222 Mercedes-Benz S-Class, Black Obsidian
AUTOart Porsche (997) 911 GT3 RS, Grey Black with Guards Red contrasting color

Visit thewheelhouseclub.com for great discussions about cars, diecasts, and more!

#34 OFFLINE   Super Snail

Super Snail

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,387 posts
  • Interests:Sportscars, Prototype racers, Motorcycles, Cobra's, GT40's, Porsche
  • Proud Citizen of: gb
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Exoto, CMC

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:49 PM

Impressed with how GMP handled that, seams to be the banks are at the middle of this again, it’s a case of we’ve made the mess but we’ll just pull up the Draw Bridge and watch every ting fall a part but we’ll be OK. Now if another company would only do the same!
Steve

#35 OFFLINE   mox

mox

Bronze Member

• DX All-Stars
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,429 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 08:56 AM

View Postmosteller, on 07 February 2011 - 05:48 PM, said:

Thanks for the response Mark. IMO, GMP sets the standard for great customer service and I truly hope they will overcome their present financial difficulties. The hobby would be sorely hurt by their departure.
I find that very amusing.

John
Posted Image
DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How To's, Facts and FAQ

Driving an automatic and thinking you're a skilled driver is like playing Guitar Hero and thinking you can play guitar.

Serious collectors don't buy budget models? Hahahaha...that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard

#36 OFFLINE   Morbo-Zim

Morbo-Zim

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: nl
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:AutoArt, Kyosho, BBR, CMC, Hotwheels Elite, Exoto, GMP

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:25 PM

GMP Ferrari's are on sale all over the place in Europe now, there's something stirring in the pot for sure. Discounts of 30 - 45%  Posted Image

If it's not die-cast, it won't have a crumple zone

#37 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

Bronze Member

• DX All-Stars
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,699 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:41 PM

It's called "cash crunch." Too bad they weren't open to doing business with us years ago or I'd be more than willing to take a pallet of their stuff at a deep discount, but no thanks!

Justin

#38 OFFLINE   Morbo-Zim

Morbo-Zim

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1,883 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: nl
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:AutoArt, Kyosho, BBR, CMC, Hotwheels Elite, Exoto, GMP

Posted 13 March 2011 - 02:24 AM

View PostDiecast24/7, on 12 March 2011 - 05:41 PM, said:

It's called "cash crunch." Too bad they weren't open to doing business with us years ago or I'd be more than willing to take a pallet of their stuff at a deep discount, but no thanks!

It seems they've opted to not prolong the Ferrari license to save costs and have to get rid of F stock because of that. This also means no further development allegedly. The extra cash won't hurt either I'm sure.

If it's not die-cast, it won't have a crumple zone

#39 OFFLINE   GMPMark

GMPMark

• DX Community
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:15 PM

I understand based on the above we (GMP) must have done something in the past you did not agree with. For this I apologize. I assume we had our reason at the time, but not knowing the situation, I can't really give an explanation.

We definitely understand that you do not need us here, but for what its worth from a manufacturer's point of view, comments like the above are concerning. If an administrator of this forum has an obvious negative bias for whatever reason, they are going to be very hesitant to participate. It's just too easy for  negativity to take over and become the norm without a administrator to keep things positive and constructive. In the end, the hobby should be enjoyable and an overall positive experience.    

BTW, we are dealing with the Ferrari pricing and it has nothing to do with a "cash crunch".

#40 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

Bronze Member

• DX All-Stars
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,699 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 02:35 PM

View PostGMPMark, on 23 March 2011 - 02:15 PM, said:

I understand based on the above we (GMP) must have done something in the past you did not agree with. For this I apologize. I assume we had our reason at the time, but not knowing the situation, I can't really give an explanation.

We definitely understand that you do not need us here, but for what its worth from a manufacturer's point of view, comments like the above are concerning. If an administrator of this forum has an obvious negative bias for whatever reason, they are going to be very hesitant to participate. It's just too easy for  negativity to take over and become the norm without a administrator to keep things positive and constructive. In the end, the hobby should be enjoyable and an overall positive experience.    

BTW, we are dealing with the Ferrari pricing and it has nothing to do with a "cash crunch".

Hi Mark and welcome to DX. Posted Image Direct communication from manufacturers is certainly commendable and I wish more would address concerns publicly.

I'm not sure what you mean by "obvious negative bias" but are you saying that Admins on the forum shouldn't have an opinion, especially when it's based on many years in the hobby and industry? Posted Image  Are you overlooking all the very positive comments I've made about GMP? All-in-all I think you've been treated very fairly on DX.

Justin

#41 OFFLINE   Ducati-900SS

Ducati-900SS

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 8,810 posts
  • Interests:Muscle Cars, Guitar Playing, Sportbikes, Woodworking and Plastic Model Kit Building
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Minichamps

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:30 PM

Mark,
As many of us are hobbists/customers, we rarely get (if ever) get any direct contact with the manufacturers.  It would be great to see you on the forum regularly!  Reading through this thread (and countless others that have been established for GMP models), there are many fans here on DX that enjoy the cars your company produces.  There's lots of rumors going around in the hobby and it would be refreshing to see more manufacturers come out to squash rumors and to provide us there real deal scenario.  

Posted Image

Sean

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How To's, Facts and FAQ

Posted Image

Click HERE for my 1:1 Plymouth 'Cuda restoration project

Later in the evening, you lie awake in bed; With the echoes of the amplifiers ringing in your head; You smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said... - Turn the Page by Bob Seger

#42 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

Bronze Member

• DX All-Stars
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,699 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:19 PM

Posted Image with Sean! To that end, could you answer some questions for concerned hobbyists, Mark? Posted Image

Is the GMP now a brand of the bankruptucy court? Or owned by banks? Will any factories in China still do business with GMP?

Justin

#43 OFFLINE   Road Runner 72

Road Runner 72

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 7,017 posts
  • Interests:Diecast ;)
  • Proud Citizen of: cx
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Biante/GMP

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:38 AM

Mark I'm willing to help where I can, with any cheap Camaro's you need moved, the Tom's Garge idea was a cool Idea I was a member for a year (Thanks Jeff for that heads up back then, about the Camaro)but being in Australia postage was a deal killer for me, and the price hike this side from the shop's that stocked them was crazy, but just not as popular as our aussie car's.

Nice of you to pop in Mark & feel free to reply to some of the questions raised, I'm not intrested (a little prick eared maybe) in the past between you and Justin's dealings as that's between the two of you.

Cheers

Mike
Mad Mike
Posted Image

#44 OFFLINE   John@cdr

John@cdr

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 401 posts
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:GMP

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:54 AM

View PostDiecast24/7, on 27 March 2011 - 08:19 PM, said:

Posted Image with Sean! To that end, could you answer some questions for concerned hobbyists, Mark? Posted Image

Is the GMP now a brand of the bankruptucy court? Or owned by banks? Will any factories in China still do business with GMP?

Justin,

Really ????  Does it matter if GMP files bankruptcy (dont know doesnt matter to me) like GM, Chrysler and others and dumps old debt coming out of it stronger and still in the business ? Do we really want another diecast manufacturer leaving the hobby ? Sorry man just took it as an assumption maybe to harshly.  

What ya need to worry about is if JKjr goes BK then continues his online show, THAT would piss me off. GMP restructuring is just business from a well established company that I doubt owes its customers any cars and is doing so due to the economy. JKjr doing it is more of him walking with customers money and still continuing to flourish.

:occasion14:

#45 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

Bronze Member

• DX All-Stars
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,699 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:08 PM

The assumption is that nothing has changed at GMP. Mark's username suggests the same and I see advertising under that brand. It's not okay to ask what the current situation is?  Posted Image  Mark and I have had no "dealings" and there is zero history. Please review very positive comments in this thread I've made about GMP. I'm confused by the assumption so I went back and re-read my posts and I'm still confused, John. After all, isn't the title of this thread "GMP In Trouble?" What should we be discussing here, if not that?

Justin

#46 OFFLINE   tonyg54

tonyg54

• DX Administrative Staff
  • PipPip
  • 6,347 posts
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart, Minichamps

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:04 PM

I have seen no mention by Justin wishing anything bad on GMP. I think maybe some people should read more than just the last 3 posts before commenting on who is saying what. Mark mis-understood Justins response to" cash-crunch" and things appeared to have gone awry from that point.

I think the over-whelming tone of this thread is of support and concern. Justin asked perfectly appropriate questions.

#47 OFFLINE   simondc07

simondc07

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3,349 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Sports, Finance, Poker, and the Wild
  • Proud Citizen of: au
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Exoto, CMC, GMP

Posted 28 March 2011 - 04:21 PM

I hope Mark that you can steer GMP out of its current finance situation. I currently have a few GMPs and your recent Ferrari series is just what the doctor ordered. PM if you want to discuss moving some of these cars as I will try and help where possible. Good luck

Posted Image

#48 OFFLINE   John@cdr

John@cdr

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 401 posts
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:GMP

Posted 28 March 2011 - 08:11 PM

View PostDiecast24/7, on 28 March 2011 - 12:08 PM, said:

The assumption is that nothing has changed at GMP. Mark's username suggests the same and I see advertising under that brand. It's not okay to ask what the current situation is?  Posted Image  Mark and I have had no "dealings" and there is zero history. Please review very positive comments in this thread I've made about GMP. I'm confused by the assumption so I went back and re-read my posts and I'm still confused, John. After all, isn't the title of this thread "GMP In Trouble?" What should we be discussing here, if not that?

Justin..... just making a comment. After I read the WHOLE post before typing the last think I typed.... again, just making a comment. Never stated GMP was being bashed here, thats not how I read it...... its all good. Just figured why go there...but I will shut my mouth now, LOL (like ever happens) and eat my tea and crumpets (what the hell are these) and watch all that is diecast unfold.

#49 OFFLINE   ACMEMark

ACMEMark

• DX Community
  • 17 posts
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:ACME

Posted 08 April 2011 - 08:43 AM

Hi Guys,
Just to try and reply to a few questions/comments from above: no, GMP has not filed bankruptcy and may never do so. In fact, depending on how things work out, Acme may be able to reinstate the brand. It will just take time to let things take their course and see what is possible. Yes, GMP still has a good relationship with the factories, so that is not an issue.  We've tried to be very open about what's happening so people know the truth rather than base opinions on conjecture or unknown.

Sorry I was a little irritated about an earlier post "Too bad they weren't open to doing business with us years ago or I'd be more than willing to take a pallet of their stuff at a deep discount, but no thanks!"  Just sounded like we were being written off due to some past "deed"  Not a big deal but it's hard not to take posts about the company you work for as personal. It has been EXTREMELY difficult around here lately so things like this might seem "larger" than they really are.....if my reply seemed out of place, I apologize.

#50 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

Bronze Member

• DX All-Stars
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,699 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 12:50 PM

No need to apologize, Mark. As always, we appreciate the honesty and communication. Posted Image

Justin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use