• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,304 posts
  • Interests:Family. Diecast. LFC. Movies. Top Gear UK.
  • Favorite Brands:If its a Porsche... It'll do me!!
  • Proud Citizen of: uk

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:21 PM

Wow James.... Thanks for the heads up on this seller, Glad my purchase did not go through now... :occasion14:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Posted Image ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If one does not fail at times, Then one has not challenged himself "

Ferdinand Porsche.

My Showcase Pictures.... Click here

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#27 OFFLINE   The Collector

The Collector

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,566 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:36 PM

View PostDave7872, on 21 March 2015 - 06:21 PM, said:

Wow James.... Thanks for the heads up on this seller, Glad my purchase did not go through now... :occasion14:

No problem buddy - diecast disaster averted :nice: .  As I say, I don't have any direct experience with this seller, just what I've seen in this thread and some similar comments elsewhere.  Having said that, if you wanted to roll the dice knowing that you can fall back on paypal and/or your credit card, they do have a post on their facebook talking about a problem with processing of online orders and offering a 15% discount code.  I don't like to reward poor sellers but hey, just thought I'd let you know as a 40-50 Euro discount is nothing to sneeze at :nice: .

#28 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,304 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:38 PM

Just to update this a little, I took a huge gamble as I thought the price for the 1/18 Spark Porsche GT3 RS was pretty good compared to what others are asking. The seller seems to be giving me the run around big time.

I have opened a dispute with PayPal over this matter just tonight.

It is sheer incompetence in my opinion. They gave me a tracking number that was delivered to someone else here in the UK. I asked the seller, DO YOU HAVE A MARTIN CROSS ON YOUR CLIENT LIST........ ERM.... YES WE DO!!

Bloody idiots.

Very happy I used paypal to pay for this model.

I have taken screen shots of the DHL Express site that clearly shows the tracking info, And clearly shows that the model was signed for by someone other than me.
I have also taken screen shots from the sellers website that clearly shows my name and address and my order number. And the date that I paid.

Just for proof if needed by PayPal.

So, Now lets play the waiting game.

Silly me!!

Edited by Dave7872, 02 April 2015 - 03:39 PM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Posted Image ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ferdinand Porsche.

#29 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,853 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:43 PM

Sorry to hear this Dave, what a bunch of muppets they are! I hope you can get one.

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#30 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,304 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:11 PM

I just hope this is enough to scare them into sorting this Craig. I would really like the model other than a refund.

It is sheer stupidity on their part eh, Or is it just a BS excuse to keep hold of my cash for a while?

Would you do anything else besides what I have done ?

Ferdinand Porsche.

#31 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,853 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:30 PM

I'd have done the same thing. I don't think it's a ruse to keep your money etc. It's pretty silly of them to have send it to the other bloke. Have they asked him to forward it on to you when he gets it ?

Posted Image

#32 OFFLINE   wrx_triggerhappy

wrx_triggerhappy

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4,882 posts
  • Number of Models:Lost count
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, ERTL, SC, Greenlight
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:58 PM

Sorry to hear about this Dave - it really sucks when a seller is out to screw EVERYONE!!!! This man should be banned from ebay!!  :mad2:

Hope paypal beats em down and gets you your money back!!

Posted Image

Sam

Recent Additions:
Not much since the wife controls me and the money and the 93 octane isn't cheap!

my collection

#33 OFFLINE   The Collector

The Collector

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,566 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:08 PM

Oh well Dave, nothing ventured nothing gained hey :nice: .  I'm sure you'll either get the model or your $ back but the model would be preferable.  Kind of hard to believe anything this seller says I think.  Almost any other seller you would assume there has been a genuine mistake but it's hard to know what's going on with this guy.  Good luck getting it all sorted.

#34 OFFLINE   Josh

Josh

• DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 9,039 posts
  • Number of Models:350+
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOART Highway 61 Hot Wheels Elite Ertl Authentics
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:14 PM

Sorry to hear about this Dave, it is these types of transactions that make me want to just be a dealer so I can get the cars I want without having to trust in these idiots some times.

Feel free to View My Collection Thread
http://www.diecastxc...and-collection/

It is an excellent source of Carbohydrates! Posted Image

#35 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,304 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:58 AM

View PostCraig, on 02 April 2015 - 07:30 PM, said:

I'd have done the same thing. I don't think it's a ruse to keep your money etc. It's pretty silly of them to have send it to the other bloke. Have they asked him to forward it on to you when he gets it ?
Thanks guys.

I have just rung PP over this matter, They can not believe how the seller could do something so stupid. He said it clearly states on my PP that the seller should also post to my PP shipping address. Which they didn't. I gave him as much info as possible, He has been on the DHL Express site with the tracking info I gave him and could not believe they sent it to someone else.

He escalated my claim straight away. They have 10 days to reply to PayPal. Or on the 11th day I will be issued a full refund.

If this one fails and I get a full refund, I have my eye on something really special   :nice:

:occasion14:

Ferdinand Porsche.

#36 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,304 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:57 AM

Haha, Strange how Mini911 said paypal would not help me, PP sent them the escalated claim, they have responded straight away, although they have ignored my emails.

This made me laugh, They gave PP the same tracking # that proves it was sent to someone other than me!!  Dumb ass.

Ferdinand Porsche.

#37 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,304 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 03:00 PM

Haha, Just tried to chat with Mini911 whilst they were online. on their website.

David Mason

Hi

Have you heard from Paypal

Prior to me sending that, They were showing as online.

Their reply.

Customer Service
We apologize for keeping you waiting. Our operators are busy at the moment, please leave us a message with your email address and we'll get back to you shortly.

My reply.

David Mason

Haha, Are you ignoring me?

And you said PP would not help me over transit problems

They could not believe someone was stupid enough not to ship to my registered PP address

They are ignoring me completely at the moment!!!

Ferdinand Porsche.

#38 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,853 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 03:38 PM

Dave, I know you wrote in your SU what happened, but please can you put it in here too.

Thanks

Posted Image

#39 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,304 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 04:29 PM

Sorry for the late reply guys.

Well after buying the Spark GT3 RS on the 22nd of March, The trouble started within a couple of days to be honest.

First thing that struck me was the fact that after I had bought and paid for the model, They never even sent me any form of confirmation email, And I mean nothing, Not even an email confirming that they had my order and that they had received my money!!

After chatting with them, They told me that their server was down, Strange considering they were chatting with me online at the time!!  They assured me that they have my money, and that the order will be dispatched with 3-5 days.

Sure enough, They gave me a tracking number, But only after I had contacted them through their site again. Still no email confirmation from them.

So, after this the fun and games started, But still they assure me that its on its way and should reach me soon.

Tracking number supplied, After nearly 5 days, Sent with Bpost, But practically impossible to track.

After chatting with Mini911 yet again, They assure me its on it way. By this time the alarm bells were ringing in my head. So told them I was getting in touch with PayPal, Mini911 tell me that PP wont help, As its a transport issue.

So a day after being told that, I try and track the model again, Still nothing, Mini911 say try this tracking number, So I try it, Hmmmm DHL Express say its been delivered to another person. Mr Martin Cross in Brentford UK. I only found this out after being told by Mini911 to ring DHL Express myself.

Mini911 assure me that its a big mix up, I asked them, Do you Have a Martin Cross on your client list??  Their reply, Yes we do.

Enough is enough I thought, And contacted PP straight away about this.

Told PP what had gone on, And then they escalated it straight away to a claim!!

Now this seller is that stupid, They gave PP the exact same load of rubbish they had given me!!   PP person said they should of known were to send the model, To my exact registered PP address.

So after 11 days I contacted PP again, They told me that the model had been returned to the seller..... OMG I thought.  PP tell me that there is no way that the seller is having the model and my money, Thats if the model had in fact actually been returned to them!!   So tonight they issued me with the full refund for the exact amount that I paid this scammer of a seller.

I have berated myself big time for not heeding the warning in this thread, I just thought I would get a semi decent bargain. Which I clearly did not.

So, The moral of this story is avoid this seller at all costs guys.

Edited by Dave7872, 14 April 2015 - 04:37 PM.

Ferdinand Porsche.

#40 OFFLINE   15windowDub

15windowDub

• DX Community
  • 7 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Burago

Posted 07 May 2015 - 01:43 PM

Hi Guys

Just to say unfortunately it looks like I have fallen foul of this seller, usually priding myself in searching a company first, I kind of dropped the ball of finding this thread over an impulse purchase...

Seems Mini911 is still taking orders (Pre-Orders) on an already sold out 1/18th Porsche 911 'Sport Classic' from GT Spirit.

Money paid through PP a month ago, Pre-Order delivery date has been changed twice on his site, his email address is returning emails saying it's full and mail can't be delivered, telephone number has been disconnected.

Have escalated claim with PP, but I guess what is more frustrating is that a seller can carry on using PP when he clearly has no intention of sending anything out and this has now been happening for a while now....

Fortunately I have now discovered GT Spirit so will now buy direct, unfortunately I have missed out on the Sport Classic, but hopefully will get funds returned in due course and learn a valuable lesson

:)

#41 OFFLINE   nido997

nido997

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,238 posts
  • Interests:Porsche, German Cars, Modelcars, Motorsport
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt/Kyosho/Minichamps/Norev/UT
  • Proud Citizen of: de

Posted 07 May 2015 - 09:48 PM

OH , I´m sorry for all that 15windowdub!
it is just frustrating that he is able to keep on "selling" and "dealing" without any restrictions , even 4 year after my case. This is madness , can´t nobody stop him from stealing and cheating after all these incidents ? I still don´t get it ....
PORSCHE IS MORE THAN A CAR
PORSCHE IS A PHILOSOPHY

Posted Image
I´m having a Time - Out from collecting Die-Casts right now !
I´m selling my WHOLE collection here : http://www.diecastxc...porsche-models/

#42 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,853 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:53 AM

View Post15windowDub, on 07 May 2015 - 01:43 PM, said:

Hi Guys

Just to say unfortunately it looks like I have fallen foul of this seller, usually priding myself in searching a company first, I kind of dropped the ball of finding this thread over an impulse purchase...

Seems Mini911 is still taking orders (Pre-Orders) on an already sold out 1/18th Porsche 911 'Sport Classic' from GT Spirit.

Money paid through PP a month ago, Pre-Order delivery date has been changed twice on his site, his email address is returning emails saying it's full and mail can't be delivered, telephone number has been disconnected.

Have escalated claim with PP, but I guess what is more frustrating is that a seller can carry on using PP when he clearly has no intention of sending anything out and this has now been happening for a while now....

Fortunately I have now discovered GT Spirit so will now buy direct, unfortunately I have missed out on the Sport Classic, but hopefully will get funds returned in due course and learn a valuable lesson

Sorry to hear about this! I hope you get your money back on it. The thing is though as it's a pre order & expected soon Paypal might not actually refund you as the seller hasn't actually done anything wrong.

It's worth noting that the model is delayed due to QC problems at GT Spirits end, they said last week that it would be delayed by three weeks.

Posted Image

#43 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,304 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:38 AM

Craig is quite correct, My local dealer has told me that GT S has recalled practically every single model, As the wrapping paper inside the box seemed to be sticking / binding to the paint on the car. I think I would rather wait a while longer, Than have a model turn up ruined.

And as for Mini911.... :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

Ferdinand Porsche.

#44 OFFLINE   15windowDub

15windowDub

• DX Community
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 12:45 PM

Thanks for the update guys.

It would be nice to think it is just a QC issue and that there is still a chance it will turn up, just a shame that no response from the seller leaves a bad feeling that it's a con.

The feeling you should expect is like being a kid on christmas morning... Not waking up to an empty tree and a note stating "Santa doesn't exist...' lol

JP ;)

#45 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,304 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 05:47 PM

Hey JP, Sorry I dont know your actual name. I would not hold my breath for taking delivery of any single model from MOFO911.

Can I ask you please mate, Can you take a few mins to introduce yourself to us all in the welcome / exit thread??

http://www.diecastxc...xit-stage-left/

Lets us know who you are, and what your in to etc.

Cheers

Dave.

Ferdinand Porsche.

#46 OFFLINE   15windowDub

15windowDub

• DX Community
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 04:18 AM

I'm not on Facebook but searched for GT S and just tortured myself with seeing all the photos of the 997 Sport Classic images loaded on the 15th April.....

Looks like I will need to search further for one, if you guys hear of one for sale or any ideas where to look would be much appreciated...

Cheers JP :)

#47 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,304 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 05:39 AM

View Post15windowDub, on 09 May 2015 - 04:18 AM, said:

I'm not on Facebook but searched for GT S and just tortured myself with seeing all the photos of the 997 Sport Classic images loaded on the 15th April.....

Looks like I will need to search further for one, if you guys hear of one for sale or any ideas where to look would be much appreciated...

Cheers JP :)
Message sent to you.

Ferdinand Porsche.

#48 OFFLINE   15windowDub

15windowDub

• DX Community
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:18 AM

Quick update, unlike previous guys, I have had no contact from Mini911, regardless of using his message send via his site, his info@ email, his different Paypal email...

Fortunately he has until tomorrow to respond to my escalation through PayPal which will hopefully mean if no contact, immediate return of funds.

Cheers

:occasion14:

View Postnido997, on 07 May 2015 - 09:48 PM, said:

OH , I´m sorry for all that 15windowdub!
it is just frustrating that he is able to keep on "selling" and "dealing" without any restrictions , even 4 year after my case. This is madness , can´t nobody stop him from stealing and cheating after all these incidents ? I still don´t get it ....

View PostCraig, on 08 May 2015 - 02:53 AM, said:

View Post15windowDub, on 07 May 2015 - 01:43 PM, said:

Hi Guys

Sorry to hear about this! I hope you get your money back on it. The thing is though as it's a pre order & expected soon Paypal might not actually refund you as the seller hasn't actually done anything wrong.

It's worth noting that the model is delayed due to QC problems at GT Spirits end, they said last week that it would be delayed by three weeks.

View PostDave7872, on 08 May 2015 - 03:38 AM, said:

Craig is quite correct, My local dealer has told me that GT S has recalled practically every single model, As the wrapping paper inside the box seemed to be sticking / binding to the paint on the car. I think I would rather wait a while longer, Than have a model turn up ruined.

And as for Mini911.... :gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

Edited by 15windowDub, 16 May 2015 - 07:59 AM.

#49 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,853 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:43 AM

The 997 SC is out now - I got mine earlier in the week, so they should be shipping them if they've not done it already.

Posted Image

#50 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,304 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 02:16 PM

Just show them a link to this thread Jon. That should do it.

Ferdinand Porsche.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use