“Wholesale Diecast Models” & “Deartoy30” are a dangerous combination to deal with!

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Eclectic Diecast

Eclectic Diecast

• DX Community
  • 6 posts
  • Favorite Brands:All
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:32 PM

“Wholesale Diecast Models” & “Deartoy30” are a dangerous combination to deal with! This article is for those who were on the fence with their opinions of or thoughts that these two diecast sellers were honest in nature. We found and uncovered some very disturbing truth about these companies and felt the need to share it with the diecast community and ask that you let others know. You take a very big chance in dealing with these retailers if you ever come up against a problem with your purchase. Normally, we would never get into great length to tell a story such as this, but we were maliciously and illegally attacked by this retailer. And I’ll be damned if we’re not going to report what happened to warn others after what we went through with them.

We initially posted a story here about how a problem we had with “Wholesale Diecast Models” went from bad to worse. You may want to read that story before continuing here. But as it turns out, that was only just the beginning! In a nutshell about the previous story, after receiving a new diecast model with missing parts from “Wholesale Diecast Models” we were not given the satisfaction of a proper solution as we in fact needed to contact the diecast manufacturer to get a proper resolve. As a result of buying this item on Ebay, we left a factual negative feedback voicing our opinion of the treatment that we received. The following day we were sent a threatening email that included the following statement from “Wholesale Diecast Models” “What is your problem and why did you leave this negative feedback for no reason? I will ask you nicely to revise it." We didn’t respond but we we’re thinking you’re going to ask us “nicely?” really Or what?! Well, the "or what" didn’t take long to find out...

As a seller on Ebay, we received a purchase the following day from the Ebay user “Deartoy30.” Many of you know this user as a diecast retailer. What you may not know is that “Wholesale Diecast Models” & “Deartoy30” are one in the same company! That’s right folks. We have all the indisputable solid evidence to prove that fact. And using this second user ID, their intention was clear. Retaliation was being planned against our Ebay seller account for our buyer account having given their “Wholesale Diecast Models” account a negative.

Within 24 hours after they made the purchase from us, they sent an email that said and I quote "If you do not send a total so i can pay i will leave negative feedback." They in fact within 2 days of making the purchase made good on their threat by slamming us with that negative feedback and a single stars rating across the board to our Ebay seller account for no other reason than to issue a payback! We were luckier than other buyers on Ebay who also owned seller accounts because unlike other buyer/sellers, we caught this connection between the two users in time before they pulled their premeditated vindictive act. You heard me right again... this was not the first time they did this to another buyer on ebay.  In fact, after doing some digging, we uncovered indisputable and now documented proof of no less than 4 unquestionable attacks on other Ebay users carried out in the same manner within a 6 month period of time. Those of you who are familiar with how hard it is to keep a small seller account in good standing on Ebay know what this can do. Whenever the opportunity allowed itself upon their receiving negative feedback from a buyer, “Wholesale Diecast Models” took advantage by trying to damage that buyer’s seller account. This was a clear attempt at not only retribution, but another way at which they maybe figured to lessen their competition of sellers like them that were selling similar items in the diecast marketplace. We along with several others on Ebay felt that we were not treated right as buyers and so we left honest negative feedback justifiably so. But as sellers ourselves we’re needing to look over our shoulders because of “Wholesale Diecast Models” vindictive nature and illegal use of Ebay user accounts?

Needless to add, we reported all the information that we uncovered to Ebay with full details including links to similar horror stories that these people have pulled on buyers outside of Ebay for good measure. Ebay immediately removed the negative that we received. And those of you who have dealt with Ebay and negatives know just how impossible a task it actually is to get a negative removed. Well, it took Ebay all of about 5 minutes to remove ours once we reported it. That alone should tell you that Ebay clearly knew that what this seller was doing to us and had done in the past to others was wrong. However, both seller accounts continue to sell unabated. Why? Because they make Ebay money... A lot of money. Had this been a smaller seller, they would have been suspended and thrown off the site! So this article also reports our displeasure with Ebay’s part in facilitating a company that has repeatedly broken both Ebay policy and actual law by using a combination of ebay user accounts as a tool to carry out a calculated premeditated effort for extortion and anti-competitive acts. Still think that “Wholesale Diecast Models” is a company that you want to go on giving your business to?

It’s a shame because they really don’t need to use these kinds of tactics with the volume they do. That’s what makes this a very serious and amazing issue because as a company of such stature, they should be setting examples for others to follow. And the same can be said of Ebay for not at the very least, suspending this company’s ability to do business on that site for no less than a short period of time. All “Wholesale Diecast Models” needs to do is accept the fact that they are going to have problems and to take care of them the best they can. And if they still have a buyer that is dissatisfied, not to retaliate against them by trying to ruin that buyer’s seller account on Ebay or worse. Consider that if we had accepted Paypal on Ebay(which luckily we don’t) or had not caught this in time and allowed their “Deartoy30” account to use our merchant services account, we could have been at risk for more damage with chargebacks and even a frozen Paypal account! The person running this diecast company has no idea how serious what he’s doing is or how it can come back to completely destroy his business. This article is a perfect example of that. If we really wanted to, we could have sued them and easily won the case. We’ve certainly documented every detail in the event that we would ever need it.

So, for all you diecast buyers out there, especially those that also sell on Ebay, be very careful. Personally for us, we will never do business with “Wholesale Diecast Models” or any of their many other affiliated aliases, especially “Deartoy30” ever again. They lost what could have turned out to be a great customer for them and at the same time maybe gained a watchful eye on the way they do business from this point forward. Very foolish indeed!

Edited by Eclectic Diecast, 19 May 2011 - 09:57 PM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Mclaren_F1

Mclaren_F1

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,089 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, AUTOart, Kyosho & PMA

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:39 PM

They're both the same people and just to prove that I bought a car from Deartoy30 and returned it and they both blocked me from buying from them.  I suggest just like what we did to JK jr. we should all buy cars from them on eBay and return them and they will block us all.   :wavetowel2:
Reza
Posted Image

#3 Guest_TOR35_*

Guest_TOR35_*

Posted 19 May 2011 - 09:47 PM

F'in scumbags.

#4 OFFLINE   rvlyssup

rvlyssup

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 405 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:25 PM

Include minineopet as the other ebay ID.  Products comes from the same address in downtown Los Angeles:

1907 E 7th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90021

That crap that they just pulled is totally against eBay policy.  Of course I am not surprised that eBay won't do a thing, its all about the $$.

I want to buy a Silver e92 & a Black or White e93  :wavetowel2:  & the one with the best price are these guys.  I decided I was going to go without.  Hopefully, I find them & if not, oh well...   :icon_scratch:

Edited by rvlyssup, 19 May 2011 - 11:13 PM.

Yep...still a Vag-Gun-Stang-freak. :adore:
PSALM 13.1 - 13.6

#5 OFFLINE   dbonser

dbonser

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 1,284 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Ebbro, HPI, Spark

Posted 19 May 2011 - 10:53 PM

Thanks for the warning. I had 2 items from Wholesale Diecast Models on my eBay watchlist but they will now be removed after reading this. I buy and sell but I'm one of the little guys so every bit of negative feedback hurts and why take a chance with these evil people? Seriously, that's what I would call evil.

That's unfortunate as they have some 1:43 models that no other U.S.-based seller has and they have them for about $15.00 less than the cheapest I can find them overseas. After hearing this I will gladly spend the extra to support an honest, independent UK-based retailer I've never had any problems with.

It would be great if someone, anyone, else in the U.S. carried more 1:43 rally models. Until then I will keep shopping overseas...
-- Douglas

#6 OFFLINE   ozzibaz

ozzibaz

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 642 posts
  • Interests:Diecast, Cars, Motor racing, Racing Games, Lego, Photography, Sci-Fi/Action/Animation movies/tv shows
  • Number of Models:about 140
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Biante, Hot Wheels Elite
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:02 PM

Thanks for all the warnings.

It's really a shame, because with the range of models they have that I like, often not available new and together anywhere else, and good prices, I would have otherwise been likely to purchase from them at some point.  I wouldn't have guessed they had that many issues as their ebay feedback is pretty good for such a high volume....  now I know why!

Edited by ozzibaz, 19 May 2011 - 11:04 PM.

#7 OFFLINE   Eclectic Diecast

Eclectic Diecast

• DX Community
  • 6 posts
  • Favorite Brands:All

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:53 AM

View Postrvlyssup, on 19 May 2011 - 10:25 PM, said:

Include minineopet as the other ebay ID.  Products comes from the same address in downtown Los Angeles:

1907 E 7th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90021

That crap that they just pulled is totally against eBay policy.  Of course I am not surprised that eBay won't do a thing, its all about the $$.

I want to buy a Silver e92 & a Black or White e93  :wavetowel2:  & the one with the best price are these guys.  I decided I was going to go without.  Hopefully, I find them & if not, oh well...   :icon_scratch:

Yes, thats correct... their accounts are all in fact using the address 1907 E 7th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90021
. Thanks for adding that. Please let us all know if there are any other accounts or addresses that this company uses so that we can stear clear.

Edited by Eclectic Diecast, 16 June 2011 - 01:27 PM.

#8 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,041 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:16 AM

They sound very childish to me.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#9 OFFLINE   John@cdr

John@cdr

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 393 posts
  • Favorite Brands:GMP

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:16 AM

Im NOT defending them at all but do they run multiple businesses out of the same address ? I have 2 business Ebay accounts but use the same address. They are 2 seperate businesses though and the one doesnt sell diecast cars while the other does from time to time. Just curious but its still BS and surely shouldnt be allowed in there case.

#10 OFFLINE   carbonsigma

carbonsigma

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 5,138 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, MR

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:20 AM

View PostCraig T, on 20 May 2011 - 06:16 AM, said:

They sound very childish to me.

Posted Image
+1. I'm not that surprised by their dirty tactics, one look at their responses to negative feedback left by buyers is enough to tell you that this place is run by a bunch of imbeciles. I have purchased from them without problems before, but I'm going to be a lot more careful now and would rather spend a few more bucks buying from someone legit.

Posted Image
Collection | Shoots
Latest: 1:1 1999 Nissan Skyline BNR34 GT-R V-Spec

#11 OFFLINE   rvlyssup

rvlyssup

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 405 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:02 AM

Actually, nothing wrong with what you just stated John.  We have a selling & buying account.  What kills me is when these idiots use multiple accounts for retaliatory negative feedback.  Now bidding on their own items, well that is another story...

Edited by rvlyssup, 20 May 2011 - 10:56 AM.

PSALM 13.1 - 13.6

#12 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,888 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exact Detail

Posted 20 May 2011 - 10:50 AM

You can post all the facts and figures you want but there's one reason why DXers will keep buying from them: cause they're a nickle cheaper than anyone else! This just confirms what we already know about them: they're ruthless and deceitful and if you keep playing with fire, you're gonna get burned.

These people are Ukranian foreign nationals operating out of a dumpy little rathole in one of the most run-down sections of downtown LA. If anyone wants pics, I'll get you some next time I'm down there. If I remember right, they're sandwiched in between a weekly motel with drunks milling around out front with Mad Dog 20/20 bottles and a sleazy cocktail lounge.
Justin

#13 OFFLINE   JSB 33

JSB 33

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,416 posts
  • Interests:Family, Cars (1:1 & 1:43) Automotive books, Guns, yard work and gardening
  • Favorite Brands:M/C, Spark, Bizarre

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:28 PM

Could you provide pictures of the cocktail lounge?  :wavetowel2:
Jeff
"When politicians are arrogant enough to think they can plan and control life better than free people, people suffer."

Posted ImageE Rod_017, on 23 July 2012 - 11:34 AM, said:

Reason why 1:43 scale cars aren't that popular because most people including me(sorry it I offend) consider them toys and not Collectable model cars. .

Should you collect 1:43?

The Paladin

In my opinion, no if you can afford 1:18 models. First of all, most people will think of them as toys, while 1:18 models can look as something classy if you have a few.

Like things in a smaller scale? Try Scale143
Click on my banner to see my website
Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   dbonser

dbonser

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 1,284 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Ebbro, HPI, Spark

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:29 PM

View PostDiecast24/7, on 20 May 2011 - 10:50 AM, said:

You can post all the facts and figures you want but there's one reason why DXers will keep buying from them: cause they're a nickle cheaper than anyone else!

I wouldn't buy from them for a nickel savings but when they are the only one in this country selling a model for $15 less than anyone else I can find it is tempting. However, they have not gotten a penny of my money and they will not be getting any of my money ever.

Edited by dbonser, 20 May 2011 - 12:30 PM.

-- Douglas

#15 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,888 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exact Detail

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:32 PM

View PostJSB 33, on 20 May 2011 - 12:28 PM, said:

Could you provide pictures of the cocktail lounge? Posted Image

If I can get all the down-n-outs and vagrants out front to roll their mattresses up and move out of the way for a minute.Posted Image   This joint is SEEDY, man!
Justin

#16 OFFLINE   CarNutty

CarNutty

Nutty1

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 228 posts
  • Interests:Sky Diving, Scuba Diving, Flying, diecast collecting.
  • Favorite Brands:Acme, GMP, Minichamps, Norev

Posted 21 May 2011 - 04:53 AM

View PostDiecast24/7, on 20 May 2011 - 12:32 PM, said:

View PostJSB 33, on 20 May 2011 - 12:28 PM, said:

Could you provide pictures of the cocktail lounge? Posted Image

If I can get all the down-n-outs and vagrants out front to roll their mattresses up and move out of the way for a minute.Posted Image   This joint is SEEDY, man!

So, Wholesale Diecast Models, Deartoy30 and Minineopet also run a rundown weekly hotel catering to LA's less than Social Elite and a Seedy Cocktail Lounge likely frequented by rentable merchandice?  Why doesn't this surprise me in the least? Photos of it would be cool!

#17 OFFLINE   acisne

acisne

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,816 posts
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Favorite Brands:Anything that is has value for my money

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:50 AM

You can post all the facts and figures you want but there's one reason why DXers will keep buying from them: cause they're a nickle cheaper than anyone else! This just confirms what we already know about them: they're ruthless and deceitful and if you keep playing with fire, you're gonna get burned.

These people are Ukranian foreign nationals operating out of a dumpy little rathole in one of the most run-down sections of downtown LA. If anyone wants pics, I'll get you some next time I'm down there. If I remember right, they're sandwiched in between a weekly motel with drunks milling around out front with Mad Dog 20/20 bottles and a sleazy cocktail lounge.

I didn't know that Lindsey Lohan was into diecast?   :wavetowel2:

Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)

#18 OFFLINE   supercars

supercars

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,321 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts and Cars
  • Favorite Brands:UT, Welly, Autoart, Kyosho

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:19 AM

Thanks for the warning! I didn't know Minineopet was the same company as these scums. So far, I don't think I have bought anything from these companies and it appears to stay that way. Taking a potential risk and headaches such as the one you described is certainly not worth the small savings to me.
Posted Image

#19 OFFLINE   simpip

simpip

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 526 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: it

Posted 21 May 2011 - 03:35 PM

View Postacisne, on 21 May 2011 - 06:50 AM, said:

I didn't know that Lindsey Lohan was into diecast?  Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 OFFLINE   rotormotor

rotormotor

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 675 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Later.......
  • Proud Citizen of: nz

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:16 PM

i too had a few diecast on my watchlist,autoart 1967 mustang,ertl general lee and sunstar deloreon from 'WDM' and 'minineopet'

they were appealing as they combine shipping ($50US for 1 and $70US for 2 or more)

now i have to add 'deartoy30' to my notebook blacklist.its a real pain ebay dont have a blacklist system you can add sellers/buyers to bring up a flag or block such users.

Edited by rotormotor, 21 May 2011 - 07:17 PM.

#21 OFFLINE   mlokren

mlokren

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 425 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Highway 61, GMP, Kyosho, AUTOart, etc.

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:54 PM

Yeah, I looked it up on Google Earth.  Not the "better" part of Los Angeles, from what I can see.  Funny that the Google Earth image has "For Lease" signs on the building, though there's no telling when the image was created.

#22 OFFLINE   rotormotor

rotormotor

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 675 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Later.......
  • Proud Citizen of: nz

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:33 PM

View Postmlokren, on 21 May 2011 - 07:54 PM, said:

Yeah, I looked it up on Google Earth.  Not the "better" part of Los Angeles, from what I can see.  Funny that the Google Earth image has "For Lease" signs on the building, though there's no telling when the image was created.

reminds me of my mate.he came home after work was on google earth street view looking at his street and suddenly realised his car wasn't in the picture on his front lawn...thought someone had stolen it.Posted Image  went racing outside...then it dawned on him...

I teased him for weeks about that..

#23 OFFLINE   rvlyssup

rvlyssup

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 405 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:06 PM

View Postmlokren, on 21 May 2011 - 07:54 PM, said:

These people are Ukranian foreign nationals operating out of a dumpy little rathole in one of the most run-down sections of downtown LA.

Justin is pretty much right on...dump is in a sh!tty part of downtown, been there before to check it out.  Place is squeezed between 2 buildings with 7th running 1 way if I remember correctly.  Ironically, it is the part of downtown that the city is trying to renovate, converting buidings into condos & lofts.  Such a metaphor seeing uppity folks running with the down & out...
PSALM 13.1 - 13.6

#24 OFFLINE   118autos

118autos

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 269 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:14 PM

All very good things to take into consideration!

Not defending them.. just stating my personal facts...

Minneopet... 21 models

Deartoy30/WholesaleDiecastmodels = 12 models.

Total of 33 models dating back as far as September 2004... not a single damaged model or issue with transactions.

My ebay feedback has always been:  "Fast to ship and packed well.. and great multi-car shipping discounts."

Again.. not defending them.. I am just glad that I have never had to ever deal with a damaged model or needing any sort of "after purchase" issue. <Knock on Wood>

This thread was an eye opener for sure... thanks for the warning.

-Grant

#25 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,041 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:09 AM

View Postrotormotor, on 21 May 2011 - 07:16 PM, said:

...now i have to add 'deartoy30' to my notebook blacklist.its a real pain ebay dont have a blacklist system you can add sellers/buyers to bring up a flag or block such users.
You can block users from bidding on your items, my lists got pretty long now (any idiot who sells me junk gets put on it)

But yeah you are right, it would be great if they allowed you to add a list of sellers you want to avoid. I have a few too, but it's down to memory :(

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use