“Wholesale Diecast Models” & “Deartoy30” are a dangerous combination to deal with!

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#176 OFFLINE   Pontiacrich

Pontiacrich

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 279 posts
  • Interests:SCUBA, Photography, Musician (drummer), Diecast
  • Favorite Brands:Lane Exact Detail, Hiway 61, Auto World, Acme
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 12 May 2014 - 09:51 PM

View PostBynx, on 12 May 2014 - 09:33 PM, said:

The COllectors Guild is located in Kingston, Ontario. Ive been there a few times and got some good deals. The store is fairly large and packed with everything diecast. A small friendly staff makes the visit pleasant. They mainly do mail order thus their email address is www.diecastbymail.com
Id highly recommend them as their prices are reasonable and they have a nice selection. They put out a catalogue 3 or 4 times a year as well as having everything online.
Thanks Bynx!

I've used them before, I just wanted to know what their reputation was from the fine folks on this site.
Live to Dive...All the rest is just Surface Interval!
Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#177 OFFLINE   kevinb120

kevinb120

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, TSM

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:18 AM

I don't know, I've bought a few dozen cars from them both WDM and Mineopet both on ebay and the websites and had no issues(I was buying from them well before I found DX).  I've had a couple sealed models with defects they promptly sent slips and I sent them back for exchanges.  One was even a HWE 348 they were repeatedly offering on auction to clear stock that I bought at about 1/2 price on auction(around $45 shipped) that I received with issues and they exchanged it no problem.  They've also taken some pretty low-ball offers on items and I got perfect brand new models.  Not to say I don't try to hit up Replicarz, Mintmodels, and Minimusclecars often first, but they do have a huge selection and they've been 100% with me :dunno:  They may be running at as low a margin as possible but often when there is a hot new release they're the ones who bought more then enough to still have stock long after others sold out.  Check out older HWE or CMC's still available, when others bought 10 to stock they bought 100.  When other favorite retailers get an item I want and it shows 3 available, I don't want to have to make the decision right now every single time to get something. I guess I've been lucky, but it is what it is.

Because of the 'reputation' here I tend to automatically skip listing deals I see from them here just to not receive flak, like the Autoart Esprit V8 and Espada I both bought from their website for $65 friggin dollars, I just keep it to myself.

Edited by kevinb120, 18 January 2015 - 10:24 AM.

#178 OFFLINE   mkhabbaz

mkhabbaz

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Interests:Engineering. Cobas. Gardening. Animal husbandry. The Bachelor/Bachelorette.
  • Favorite Brands:Highway 61

Posted 18 January 2015 - 06:37 PM

My only problem with them is that they CLEARLY shill bid their own auctions.
I'll take that one and that one and that one!

Take a look at my Muscle Cars! Vroom Screech Beep!
http://www.diecastxc...nged-diecaster/

#179 OFFLINE   iluda1551

iluda1551

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 495 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Shoes, and etc...
  • Number of Models:45 and rising
  • Favorite Brands:Maisto, Ottomobile, and UH
  • Proud Citizen of: kr

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:17 PM

Okay now I understand why those stupid auctions rise about 10 to 20 dollars about every 6 hours now... That is just shameful. And it's always Minnopet on WDM's auctions. Stupid is what I gotta say, but I did buy a car from them once and I ordered another car and they told me it was broken and refunded me before the car was even shipped from their website so I think I'll try to keep on buying from them only for lower end cars though. For high end cars I will always look on the for sale topic here on DiecastXChange :occasion14:
Currently trying to come back in the hobby
Latest Pickups
1/18 Maisto Mercedes-Benz AMG GT
1/18 Bburago Ferrari California T Hardtop
1/18 Maisto Jeep Wrangler Willys
1/18 Bburago Porsche 911 GT3 4.0

#180 ONLINE   ///M meister

///M meister

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1,904 posts
  • Interests:Cars, BMW, F1, New England Patriots, TV, Pop! Vinyls, Star Wars.
  • Number of Models:Not enough
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit, OttOmobile, HWE, Welly
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:31 PM

I have only ever had 1 model from wholesale diecast models, my 1:18 greenlight bullitt mustang (the first release without the figure). I bought it in October last year and it arrived in the uk 9 days after it was sent from LA and i never had to pay any customs charges. Car was perfect, no damage or qc issues. I would buy from them again.

TOM

My 1:18 road car collection:
http://www.diecastxc...ers-collection/

#181 OFFLINE   Racer 6c

Racer 6c

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:"Racing is life, everything before or after is just waiting." Travel, photography, Formula 1, SIM racing, family.
  • Number of Models:I have right around 110 1/18 scale racing(F1 and Le Mans) models.
  • Favorite Brands:MINICHAMPS F1, AUTOart racers, Exoto models - not the company or owner

Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:02 PM

I have a WDM wishlist of about 6 models or more that I would like to buy from them.  I am glad to hear they do good business.  All the items I want are all "Buy It Now," so it sounds like I should just do it.  Do they accept offers on BIN listings?  If I could get a deal on a 6+ model sale, that might make me pull the trigger.

#182 OFFLINE   schuifelhoofd

schuifelhoofd

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4,935 posts
  • Interests:Too much & not enough time
  • Number of Models:+220
  • Favorite Brands:Ertl, AW, AUTOart, Highway61.....
  • Proud Citizen of: be

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:09 PM

View PostRacer 6c, on 23 July 2015 - 03:02 PM, said:

I have a WDM wishlist of about 6 models or more that I would like to buy from them.  I am glad to hear they do good business.

After all the hussle in this topic, you really think about buying from them in good faith? Read the entire topic first.
Yeah, they do good business. You would too if you sell returned items to other customers.

Sven's collection on DX
Sven's collectors registry (got list) on Scale18

#183 OFFLINE   sash07

sash07

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 545 posts
  • Number of Models:35
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, GT Spirit, Norev, HWE
  • Proud Citizen of: za

Posted 24 July 2015 - 12:36 PM

From my experience with them, the newly released models that I purchased from them were always perfect whilst the only older release/sold out (HWE 360CS) model I got from them had a lot of defects. Probably was returned by another customer then sold to me.

I would only advise buying a newly released model from them.

The one good thing about them is that they always mark the value of the package as $10, which means custom charges are minimal.

Edited by sash07, 24 July 2015 - 12:41 PM.

#184 OFFLINE   wrx_triggerhappy

wrx_triggerhappy

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4,805 posts
  • Number of Models:Lost count
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, ERTL, SC, Greenlight

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:59 PM

honestly, I've never had issues with them ever. They have even cut prices for me when i've inquired plus with a flat $12 shipping for gazzongles of models you can't argue with it. They are prompt if there has been a problem with a model...which has only been one case.

I've had more issues from small collectors selling than these guys any day of the week.

Posted Image

Sam

Recent Additions:
Not much since the wife controls me and the money and the 93 octane isn't cheap!

my collection

#185 OFFLINE   b-ry89

b-ry89

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 5,429 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, Movies, Paranormal, UFO, Photography.
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, GT Spirits, Norev, Hotwheels Elite (Ferrari)

Posted 24 July 2015 - 02:58 PM

I've purchased 30+ models from them over the years and I honestly can say that I've never had any issues from them. While I don't have an opinion on their business practice (diecast sweatshop and what not), I don't anticipate not buying from in the foreseeable future. In fact, I have at least 3 models on my watch list from them right now.

Edited by b-ry89, 24 July 2015 - 03:31 PM.

Brian's Recent Haul(s):

1/18 AUTOart Mazda RX-7 Savanna
1/18 AUTOart Lamborghini Murcielago
1/18 Kyosho Bentley Mulsanne Speed

#186 OFFLINE   lateapex

lateapex

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,734 posts
  • Number of Models:70-80
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, Schuco, Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: no

Posted 24 July 2015 - 03:26 PM

I only bought one car from them, it arrived slightly damaged in the wrong box.

#187 OFFLINE   Josh

Josh

• DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 8,904 posts
  • Number of Models:350+
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOART Highway 61 Hot Wheels Elite Ertl Authentics

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:37 PM

They probably sell more models than anyone else therefore they have more complaints. Still I mostly avoid them as their prices really are not that great anymore, at least not for what I am looking for.

Feel free to View My Collection Thread
http://www.diecastxc...and-collection/

It is an excellent source of Carbohydrates! Posted Image

#188 OFFLINE   kevinb120

kevinb120

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,063 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, TSM

Posted 16 October 2015 - 12:19 PM

Used to be you could go to their website and order direct as a lot of items were cheaper(no ebay fees).  Now they tend to be a little higher on their website, probably due to their Amazon presence more then ebay.  I've ordered a few more since my last post and still no issues. I have seen them auction returned models with issues clearly listed in the auction(s).

#189 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,062 posts
  • Interests:Pink supercars and ugly French cars
  • Number of Models:175
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:37 PM

I hate buying from these guys, but sometimes they are just too cheap to pass it up. I received a model from them a couple of weeks ago completely destroyed. There was nothing worth saving. I asked for a refund, they asked for the model back, I shipped and once it arrived to them I got my money back. I know they used to be hard to get your money back, but buying though eBay has made it safer.

#190 OFFLINE   Landy-Fanatic

Landy-Fanatic

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 217 posts
  • Interests:Anything involving a Land Rover
  • Number of Models:200+
  • Favorite Brands:Universal Hobbies
  • Proud Citizen of: za

Posted 17 October 2015 - 03:55 AM

This is all good to know. I had models from Minineopet on my watchlist (not anymore after reading this), but have never bought from them as their postage charge is just too much. Fortunately WDM doesn't post to South Africa so I wouldn't get caught in their web.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use