Anyone bought from diecast-toys.com (minineopet)

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Spyderman

Spyderman

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 448 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars, Formula 1, NBA, NFL, golf
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Welly, Maisto
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:57 PM

Hey I just wanted to know if [support DX sponsors] (more commonly known as minineopet on Ebay) is any good from any of your past experiences dealing with them. I have heard that they are linked with diecast models wholesale who obviously don't have a good reputation on here. I just wanted to know if they are safe to purchase from. Thanks for the help.
"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   el docum

el docum

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,419 posts
  • Favorite Brands:All nice models
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 27 June 2011 - 03:08 PM

I think you should read this post :

http://www.diecastxc...n-to-deal-with/

#3 OFFLINE   C2turbo

C2turbo

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 306 posts
  • Interests:Cars
  • Favorite Brands:Highway 61

Posted 27 June 2011 - 04:07 PM

I am ashamed to admit that I ordered a Welly GT3RS from Minineopet and it was shipped in a Priority Mail Flat Rate box with some crumpled shipping paper as cushioning. While the model arrived undamaged, the plastic window was totally smashed in and made displaying the model in the box impossible. To make a very long story short I emailed them a couple of times with no response, then made a demand which finally received a very rude, curt response telling me to "F OFF." I don't know their background but they have horrible English and lousy customer service. I would review them as 100% SCAM!!!  :occasion14:
Brendan

#4 OFFLINE   Spyderman

Spyderman

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 448 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars, Formula 1, NBA, NFL, golf
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Welly, Maisto

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:19 PM

thanks for the info guys
"If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna

#5 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,888 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exact Detail

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:24 PM

This is a notorious sweatshop that could be closed by INS anytime. Buyer beware!
Justin

#6 OFFLINE   rotormotor

rotormotor

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 675 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Later.......
  • Proud Citizen of: nz

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:53 AM

first i found out minineopet and dmw were one and the same i asked about combined shipping and got exact same copy and pasted replyPosted Image

i had a bunch of models on my watchlist from both sellers, as combined shipping to NZ was by far the best on ebay but the posters here with bad experiences and dmw own replies in those threads confirms my resolve to NEVER buy from them...

Edited by rotormotor, 28 June 2011 - 02:54 AM.

#7 OFFLINE   b-ry89

b-ry89

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 5,450 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, Movies, Paranormal, UFO, Photography.
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, GT Spirits, Norev, Hotwheels Elite (Ferrari)

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:04 PM

This might be a case by case thing, but I've never had any problem ordering from Minineopet. I purchased my Kyosho F40 LW, HWE 599 GTO, and AUTOart R32 GTR from them. Not supporting LA sweatshops, but its just that I haven't had a problem with them....yet.
Brian's Recent Haul(s):

AUTOart Chevy Corvette C7 Z06
AUTOart Lamborghini Huracan
Triple 9 Nissan Skyline GT-R (R35)

#8 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Die-cast Happy Clappy!

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,096 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho,GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:11 PM

I thought I heard that Minneopet and WDM were the same organisation - and to steer clear?????    :icon_scratch:

MOTORHEAD - 21ST CENTURY - MOTORHEAD ALRIGHT!!!

Fast Eddy's

Weddings........................and .....................FUNERALS!

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,061 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models

Posted 21 September 2011 - 05:35 PM

View Postmairandeddy, on 21 September 2011 - 04:11 PM, said:

I thought I heard that Minneopet and WDM were the same organisation - and to steer clear?????    :icon_scratch:
That's what I read too.

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#10 OFFLINE   mobius

mobius

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, and Elite.

Posted 24 September 2011 - 04:14 PM

I've ordered about 12 models from [support DX sponsors] and minineopet (their alias on eBay) and have never had a problem - models always arrive in a timely manner and they always double-box their shipments. The only problem I encounter here-and-then is on their site: [support DX sponsors]. 1 ouf of 4 times or so after I place my order and paid, they would get back to me 1-2 days later that the model is actually out-of-stock. They'd cancel the order and I would always get my money back. So I've learned to always e-mail them first before placing an order, and they usually respond within 24 hours.

#11 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Die-cast Happy Clappy!

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,096 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:16 PM

View Postmobius, on 24 September 2011 - 04:14 PM, said:

I've ordered about 12 models from [support DX sponsors] and minineopet (their alias on eBay) and have never had a problem - models always arrive in a timely manner and they always double-box their shipments. The only problem I encounter here-and-then is on their site: [support DX sponsors]. 1 ouf of 4 times or so after I place my order and paid, they would get back to me 1-2 days later that the model is actually out-of-stock. They'd cancel the order and I would always get my money back. So I've learned to always e-mail them first before placing an order, and they usually respond within 24 hours.

Hey Mobius....I don't understand this bit....  :icon_scratch:

Fast Eddy's

Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   rotormotor

rotormotor

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 675 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:33 PM

View PostCraig T, on 21 September 2011 - 05:35 PM, said:

View Postmairandeddy, on 21 September 2011 - 04:11 PM, said:

That's what I read too.

yes thats correct, i asked them a particular question about combined shipping to NZ and within 24 hours got the exact same 5 line reply copy and pasted from both sellers

Edited by rotormotor, 24 September 2011 - 07:34 PM.

#13 OFFLINE   S40

S40

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,733 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:56 PM

View Postmairandeddy, on 24 September 2011 - 05:16 PM, said:

View Postmobius, on 24 September 2011 - 04:14 PM, said:

Hey Mobius....I don't understand this bit....  :icon_scratch:

The forum has censorship implemented where if you state the name of a diecast store competitor it'll automatically change it to support your DX sponsors. From what I understand, this was implemented with the old ownership.

#14 OFFLINE   rotormotor

rotormotor

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 675 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 02:22 AM

right.so you would have to spell them out with underscores in there or spaces then? w_h_o_l_e_s_a_l_e....   hahaha

i used to belong to a plastic kitset forum where if i posted the ' wankel'  rotary engine it would come up 'bank' rotary engine

had to space out the w  word ...

#15 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Die-cast Happy Clappy!

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,096 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:39 AM

View Postrotormotor, on 25 September 2011 - 02:22 AM, said:

right.so you would have to spell them out with underscores in there or spaces then? w_h_o_l_e_s_a_l_e....   hahaha

i used to belong to a plastic kitset forum where if i posted the ' wankel'  rotary engine it would come up 'bank' rotary engine

had to space out the w  word ...

Hahahaha!   :lol:  

Thanks for the explanation S40!    :occasion14:

Fast Eddy's

Posted Image

#16 OFFLINE   agvancouver

agvancouver

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts,Film photography
  • Favorite Brands:autoart, kyosho, norev, maisto, tamiya
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:06 PM

there was a seller from coquitlam, that posted on craigslist in the vancouver area, with the name minineo. i was
going to buy from him, but when i emailed him he replied back saying he actually made a mistake from the posting
and actually wanted 4x more the original price. hmm.. interesting.

that's the warning i made on craigslist.
http://vancouver.en....2601104763.html

i wonder if that's the same person.
View my photos!
www.redbubble.com/people/adriangeronimo

#17 OFFLINE   Scott_S

Scott_S

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:53 PM

I've bought from Wholesale & Minineopet and have never had any problems with them . I did notice when I got boxes from them though that the address was the same.

#18 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:12 PM

I have used both parties, whether they are the same person or not. Never had any issues with minineopet, quite the contrary. When the red 458 Italia came out I received it with what seemed to be a broken mirror. It turned out that part was not broken, but just popped out, so all I had to do was stick it back into the hole in the door. Also there was some play in the rear wheels, which was easily fixed by pushing the wheels all the way in on their axle. However, before I fixed it I contacted the seller - minineopet, and just as promised, I received free shipping on my next order. Models always came fast and very well packed.

Regarding D_M_W I was, still am and I plan to continue using their services. Their owner is actually Russian if I am not mistaken and so is the girl who answers the phone and processes the orders. everything from them has always arrived super fast and very well packed. The perfect example was Alonso's Italia, which I received today. It was rolled in bubble wrap and then put in a box, which has the name of the website printed on the box. This means they order boxes made for them, which in general is not done by someone who doesn't care.
The only issue I ever had with them was actually more of a FedEx screw up. DMW sent a $350 package without filling "signature required" space. FedEx lost the package, but claimed that they delivered it, when I gave them specific instructions not to leave it if there is no one home. They claimed it was left on the porch, when I don't have a porch and live in an apartment building. Anyway, FedEx claimed the blame was DMW's and that they should either refund me or resend the order. DMW basically said "we mailed everything and have the receipt to prove it, so we are not refunding you or sending you anything". Now these things happened and depending on personal opinion either party can get blamed, but my finger is pointed at FedEx and I am still a DMW customer.

#19 OFFLINE   Wizard1692

Wizard1692

• DX Community
  • 1 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Franklin Mint

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:56 AM

Yes.I bought a number of Highway 61 cars from them.Most of the cars I received had

broken,loose and missing parts.The box and packaging was questionable.

I attempted to work with the seller to get the missing parts.It looked like they were going to help but then they changed

their mind and said to send them all back.I eventually got my money back but had to pay the return shipping

which was $40.I would not recommend them at all.

#20 OFFLINE   Bakasan

Bakasan

• DX Community
  • 75 posts
  • Favorite Brands:cmc
  • Proud Citizen of: my

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:14 PM

Can someone please post the street address for minineopet? I'd like to finalize a written complaint I have typed up to the California BBB but somehow I managed to lose their street address.

#21 OFFLINE   E Rod_017

E Rod_017

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4,669 posts
  • Interests:Cars cars and more cars
  • Favorite Brands:Anything that has great detail for low prices

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:57 PM

The only good thing about DMW is fast shipping and large pictures of their products. both times I ordered from them either I had to reorder or the item was no longer in stock. I might be wrong but I'm sure 21 items left means it's in stock.
TO SEE MY COLLECTION CLICK RIGHT HERE!!!
THANKS FOR THE 20,000 VIEWS!!!!!

#22 OFFLINE   RobL

RobL

• DX Community
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

My limited experience with the neopet folks has been satisfactory.  Orders were shipped quickly, packaged decently, and they sent a replacement part when I found one car was missing a side mirror.  At the time, most of my purchases were fairly low-end models, and looking at my collection I don't think I have any of them left!  I'm longing for the days of KayBee, TRU, and other places where you could actually set your eyes on the cars.

#23 OFFLINE   Bakasan

Bakasan

• DX Community
  • 75 posts
  • Favorite Brands:cmc
  • Proud Citizen of: my

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

It seems that a common thread of second-hand models being sold by these guys and then they get kudos for sending a replacement or missing part. Why not just buy from a legit outfit to start with and save the time and money?

#24 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*

Posted 18 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

View PostBakasan, on 17 May 2012 - 09:40 PM, said:

It seems that a common thread of second-hand models being sold by these guys and then they get kudos for sending a replacement or missing part. Why not just buy from a legit outfit to start with and save the time and money?

How many models have you personally bought from them?

#25 OFFLINE   ragjr

ragjr

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 715 posts
  • Interests:wasting my hard earned cash in diecast cars, The Phillies drinkin beers and daydreaming about a shopping spree at The Mecum Auto Auction.
  • Favorite Brands:GMP/ Lane Exact Detail

Posted 18 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

I hate to say it but i have nothing negative to say about DMW.  I would be careful, seeing all these negative reviews "well where there is smoke there is fire!"  I however have bought at least 12-15 models from them and this does not include the gifts I received from my wife and parents.

The cars were packed fine and arrived quickly.  One time I ordered a 1969 Camaro Z-28 by ERTL, they had a great deal on it.  The hood is a little odd and has a strange gap, I forced it open and broke it.  I told them of this and they sent FEDex to my house, picked up the old one and shipped me a new one no questions asked.

Again with this many members complaining I would tread very lightly, I however have had at least 20 cars from this site (not the e-bay store) and never had an issue.

I'm not sure where the second hand or used comment came from but that is completely not accurate, all the models had sealed boxes and straps in tact.  Just my two cents.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use