• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

• DX Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 8,125 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 22 February 2016 - 03:53 PM

Hey Jazzy!! :nice:  I just noticed this part of the Showcase today and have been peeping through some collections!! :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:  You have some really nice additions in your Showcase man!! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  I just wanted to say "Hi!" and let you know that I have found a new treasure spot on DX today!! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#102 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,300 posts
  • Favorite Brands:doesnt matter as long as it is good
  • Proud Citizen of:au

Posted 24 February 2016 - 10:11 AM

View PostD N, on 22 February 2016 - 03:53 PM, said:

Hey Jazzy!! :nice:  I just noticed this part of the Showcase today and have been peeping through some collections!! :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:  You have some really nice additions in your Showcase man!! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  I just wanted to say "Hi!" and let you know that I have found a new treasure spot on DX today!! :occasion14:

Thanks David. it has been a long while since the last time i updated my collection thread. Got about a dozen more models added since most notable one is probably the CMC Ferrari 250 California. Here is a snap of my recent haul from another local collector. 6 mint Kyosho models for 300 bucks.. pretty happy with the bargain hunt.

Posted Image

#103 OFFLINE   Alexandre Lucas

Alexandre Lucas

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 262 posts
  • Interests:Model cars, Dioramas and all kind of hobbies.
  • Number of Models:A lot.
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of:br

Posted 26 March 2016 - 12:07 PM

Nice models. You have a great variety of rare europeans. Love all of them!

#104 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,431 posts
  • Interests:Family. Diecast. LFC. Movies. Top Gear UK.
  • Favorite Brands:Gulf & Martini Porsche's.
  • Proud Citizen of:uk

Posted 26 March 2016 - 01:21 PM

Thats an epic haul there, Congrats mate  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Posted Image ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If one does not fail at times, Then one has not challenged himself "

Ferdinand Porsche.

My Showcase Pictures.... Click here

#105 OFFLINE   g3org3y

g3org3y

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,018 posts
  • Interests:Bavarian Motor Works
  • Favorite Brands:Anything BMW flavoured
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 02 April 2016 - 09:34 AM

Nice trio of Beemers in the last haul, the M3 is especially nice. :nice:
:adore:Posted Image Because fanboy.

#106 OFFLINE   fanof124

fanof124

Vince

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Interests:Writing, painting, music... and many more...
  • Favorite Brands:Franklin mint, and many others...

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:32 PM

View Postjazzy426, on 06 January 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

it has been almost half a year since my last update on my collection thread. I have acquired about a dozen more models since and here are some highlights.. I managed to snap some quick photos while family was out earlier so... here they are.  :rolleyes:

Two Porsche 901 from CMC. I got the beige one initially for half price and couldn't resist to pass up the cheap Irish Green 901. Nabbed it brand new for $150. Also got myself a red Schuco 356 convertible during eBay 20% sale. Model came from private collection and although it is mint but there are already random spots of paint blisters and blemishes. :(

Posted Image

Posted Image

Two gorgeous red heads from CMC. The 250 GT SWB and 250 Testa Rossa.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The 250 Pontoon has been on my grail list shortly after I got the not so good Bburago 250 TR. Finally got one after 3 years. I actually still have all 3 250 series from Bburago in red and i been contemplating of shooting some comparison pictures between them and the higher end version of each namely the GTO, LM and the TR. Hopefully i will be able to do that in a near future.

My last order from CK models Oct last year. Was totally shocked to learn that the parcel reached AU in less than a week time. That was mighty fast of DHL.

Ottomobile BMW 750il and the chunky E12. And the cheap Minichamps SLS pair at the bottom right corner.

Posted Image

And the modest but impressive Porsche 991 From Welly in red. My most recent victorious haul on local market is probably that red UT 993 RS between the silver 993 Carrera S and the red 959. A grand total of 25 bucks. Plus anotjher 25 for a silver UT 911 GT1. Both brand new in box with straps on and everything. The seller obviously isn't a collector and was actually happy to see someone drove 50km all the way to pick these 2 models up from him.

Posted Image

I also managed to complete my 944 evolution in red.. with the 924 CGT being the missing link all these while...

Apparently i took some close up photos on them couple months back but never get around to post them. I thought I got a bargain with the 924 CGT for just $60 but if i knew the troubles and craps I got into i rather be paying the retail price. First off the seller is from a tiny tin town in Borneo so i had to get him to send to my parent's overseas address and I've told him to pack it carefully before sending it. The guy went overboard and wrapped the model with layers of bubble wrap. Great. But he completely forgotten about the side mirrors and he didn't secure the model properly to the base so the porsche was bouncing up and down on its way to my parent's address. Needless to say the model arrived damaged with both mirrors snapped off (one was already broken but glued back and that was mentioned in the description so that's fine but the good side one was snapped off due to his incompetency. The plastic undercarriage was broken in pieces too and one of the front wheel came loose. Took me hours to have to darn thing fixed and mirrors glued back. And to my horror the guy never pay attention to the windscreen wipers as one of the wiper was broken and nowhere to be found. And I dont know if it was the tropical weather or not the car suffered a rather bad case of paint rashes.

Still, I knew the risk before i conducted business with him and I have prepared for the worst. At least he didn't just take the money and ran away and I still pretty much got a somewhat broken model that was originally bought in Japan (the YEN pricetag was still on the box) So other than all these annoyances the model still display well providing you don;t look too closely. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

And this is my "misc" cabinet with various bits and pieces and models that can't be placed into the main display cabinets anymore due to lack of space. Notice the horrible grey Lamborghini Estoque I got there? I dreaded that model for years but somehow it doesn't look that bad anymore after it has been rebadged by Motormax. I got it when i went to redeem store credits at local hobby shop as it was about to expire and I wanted to at least walked out with something unique on that day. My mind was set on Motormax or Mondo Motors' Reventon but they were sold out. So i settled for this as the Estoque is probably the "largest" model my credits could afford. Plus they had 20% sale that day so I managed to squeeze in a Hot Wheel Elite One's BTTF Delorean by chipping in additional 4 gold coins. :) Now I just need a find a cheap non Bburago Reventon to accompany that Estoque...

Posted Image

Nice collection, missing a few dioramas to display though

#107 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 07:02 AM

Another year has come and gone. This year marks my sixth year milestones in my scale model collecting journey. After receiving unexpected Bburago Bentley xmas present this pushes my 1/18 model past 300 mark.

Here are snaps of my collection as of now. Hope you guys enjoy trawling through the 80 plus pictures.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by jazzy426, 02 January 2017 - 07:10 AM.

#108 OFFLINE   ironsim

ironsim

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,214 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, CMC, GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:29 AM

Very nice and huge collection, I see some models I would love to add in there :10:

#109 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:47 AM

I caught a new addiction lately. Something sparked me to look for an Autoart Mazda Cosmo Sport just about last week and somehow my attention drifted to the GTRs. I've been trying to stay away from Japanese car models all these years because they can get expensive quickly. Stumbled across these 2 beauties while trawling on eBay at reasonable prices and the seller is local some more. Made a deal with him and picked them up today. They are absolute beauties in person and they have been on my wish list for the longest time and i have just crossed them off recently largely due to the inflated prices on used market and that put me off from ever collecting them.

Now i have to go hunt for a silver R33 to complete my GTR trinity.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#110 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,431 posts
  • Interests:Family. Diecast. LFC. Movies. Top Gear UK.
  • Favorite Brands:Gulf & Martini Porsche's.
  • Proud Citizen of:uk

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:13 AM

Thats one hell of a collection right there mate. :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :10:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Posted Image ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If one does not fail at times, Then one has not challenged himself "

Ferdinand Porsche.

My Showcase Pictures.... Click here

#111 OFFLINE   guggga

guggga

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,489 posts
  • Favorite Brands:No preference.
  • Proud Citizen of:in

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:38 AM

Congratulations Jazzy!  Those look perfect in silver!

#112 OFFLINE   ironsim

ironsim

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:24 AM

Very nice adds, I got that R32 not to long ago too :occasion14:

#113 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:59 AM

View Postironsim, on 02 January 2017 - 09:29 AM, said:

Very nice and huge collection, I see some models I would love to add in there :10:

Thanks ironsim. Some of the rarer models took sheer luck and lots of patience to hunt them down.

View PostDave7872, on 02 March 2017 - 07:13 AM, said:

Thats one hell of a collection right there mate. :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :10:

Thank you Dave. I don't have the discipline to stick to one theme so i ended up with bits of everything LOL There are just too many gorgeous cars out there that i just love to have.

View Postguggga, on 02 March 2017 - 07:38 AM, said:

Congratulations Jazzy!  Those look perfect in silver!

Yea I thought so too that is also one of the reason they caught my eyes on eBay. I hope I can find a R33 in silver but it looks like white is the most common one.. now if only my Kyosho R35 GTR is also in silver then I could have a silver GTR quartet but i only paid 50 bucks for it so beggar can't be chooser right lol.

I also managed to score 2 UT 993 in the past month locally. a mint green coupe and fiery red GT2 for the price of a old Maisto..

Posted Image

still missing a cabriolet, Turbo S and the Evo street.

#114 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:06 AM

View Postironsim, on 02 March 2017 - 08:24 AM, said:

Very nice adds, I got that R32 not to long ago too :occasion14:

Thanks this R32 is absolutely gorgeous brilliantly done. Very happy with the purchase and that satisfaction of knowing everything opens.

#115 OFFLINE   kitefighter

kitefighter

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 650 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho AUTOart

Posted 20 March 2017 - 06:14 PM

Great comparisons - great pictures.

#116 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:45 PM

Finally completed my skyline trinity in silver. But my quest to get the elusive silver R33 didnt go smoothly. Because I wanted a silver R33 so my shopping option becomes quite restricted.
First I tried with a popular shop in HK that shows they have silver R33 in stock. i placed order with them but Paypal account was not charged and didnt hear anything back from them over a week. Wrote them emails and even called them and they didn't bother with any follow up reply. Finally learnt from their staff that man the facebook site that the car is out of stock.

Disappointed, I went to Autoart's official site and see how much would it takes for it ship one over to me. And the silver one was listed as available when i last checked just 2 weeks before. To my horror, the silver R33 page went from Add to cart to Sold out... Somehow i have a feeling that if I don't act soon I might have to cough up a lot of $$ for one once they are completely gone from the market. I came across a few R33 on eBay and Oz sites but none of them are what I am after it is either LM blue or Z Tune edition...

At the end I found a shop in Sydney that has the exact silver.. Coughed up 200 bucks for it and a week later it arrived..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Luckily the damage was only to the rear wheels and suspension as they are easier to fix and surprisingly none of the loose debris caused any scratches to the rest of the car.  Took me all night to piece together all the pieces like solving puzzle and glued them back. The car looks okay now but obviously it is no longer mint. Somehow I suspect Autoart's packaging for this particular model is flawed because there is another silver R33 that has the exact same type of damage on eBay UK not long ago. Plus I suspect the shop might have kept their stock in bad condition because the metal wires are rusty. Even the door hooks are rusty and even the rubber band became brittle and broke off when i tried to pull it. Even the window box plastic frames have degraded. The plastic just snapped off when I tried to dismantled them. Miraculously the car doesn't seem to show any obvious paint rashes or rust. Car seems mint apart from crushed undercarriage.

Snapped some group pics with his siblings after I sorted out the poor car...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#117 OFFLINE   ironsim

ironsim

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:54 AM

Man that sucks to receive a model like that...but nice to see it repaired!

#118 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:13 AM

View Postironsim, on 11 April 2017 - 06:54 AM, said:

Man that sucks to receive a model like that...but nice to see it repaired!

Thanks ironsim. I think i have the worst of luck when i try to complete my trio set in the same colour. Similar thing happened when i bought the Autoart 924 CGT to complete my 944 evolution line up in red and the car arrived completely battered. snapped mirrors, and front wheels and suspensions all shot and it wasn't an easy repair at all because of the steering mechanism.

#119 OFFLINE   Alex SZ1996

Alex SZ1996

• DX Administrator
  • Pip
  • 4,590 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Japan, Italy and more.
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Kyosho, Pocher
  • Proud Citizen of:dk

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:19 AM

i have seen a bunch of problems of this kind with the AUTOart Skyline R33 GT-R. i had a white one arrive like that, with totally shattered chassis.

Posted Image

i had it exchanged for another that arrived in good condition.
recently i saw some AUTOart damaged like this on ebay too.

#120 OFFLINE   drivinghermad

drivinghermad

• DX Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 8,890 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Peako,Frontiart,Amalgam

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:03 PM

:omg: Sorry to see your model like that but at the same time it's great to know you made it presentable again .Fantastic trio and enjoyable photos of them. :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :yahoo: :occasion14:

#121 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:41 PM

View PostAlex SZ1996, on 11 April 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

i have seen a bunch of problems of this kind with the AUTOart Skyline R33 GT-R. i had a white one arrive like that, with totally shattered chassis.

i had it exchanged for another that arrived in good condition.
recently i saw some AUTOart damaged like this on ebay too.

Ah yes there was a silver R33 with broken rear wheels just like mine on eBay UK couple weeks ago. It was a cheap buy but i didnt go for it as i wanted a mint R33 and wasn't looking to a repair job. And the darn thing I paid premium for still ended up just like the broken one on eBay. :mad2:

It appears that this particular model has some issues with the way it is screwed down to the base plate. it looks as if a few shakes and vibrations would knock the model off. In your case the repair would be more challenging i think especially with the steerable front wheels. Good that you were able to exchange for a mint one.

View Postdrivinghermad, on 11 April 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

:omg: Sorry to see your model like that but at the same time it's great to know you made it presentable again .Fantastic trio and enjoyable photos of them. :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :yahoo: :occasion14:

Thanks Darren. On the plus side, i get to examine the intricate details on the rear suspension while i pieced together the broken plastic bits. Probably not an area we would normally look when admiring a model.

The model sits lower on the rear and the front looks a bit jacked up... i believe this is how the model looks like from the reference pictures I saw online? It is almost like the front is sitting on stock suspension and the rear has been lowered with superlow spring. :icon_scratch:

#122 OFFLINE   ironsim

ironsim

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 6,214 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:48 PM

Yeah thats what I saw on the pics too jazzy, I liked the blue version but ended with the R tune matte black which has a better stance and wheels imo, a great model with the carbon parts too!

#123 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:24 AM

I won't mind the LM blue at all but since i sort of committed to the silver one I had to find the sonic silver R33 and that restricts my purchase option. I was also offered the highly desirable midnight purple version by Network shuttle but that wasn't the colour i was after. :(
The R tune matte black is the new release isn't it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use