Kyosho R8 received with a broken front lens cover

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mobius

mobius

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, and Elite.
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:06 PM

Hi guys. I've just been having bad-luck with these 1/18 Kyosho R8's lately. A Kyosho R8 V10 (sepang blue) that I ordered 2 months ago arrived with one of the rear light lens detached. In that case, I simply super-glued it back. Two days ago, my Kyosho R8 4.2FSI (V8 version) arrived, and first thing I noticed upon examining the model was a missing front lens cover. I was like, "ok, so it's gotta be somewhere in the box, and I'll just glue it back on". Nope, right there on the bottom of the box, was the clear lens cover.....broken right in half! No matter how I glue it back, there's going to be an obvious crack running straight down the middle. Especially a huge bummer because I've wanted this model in Suzuka-gray since last autumn....and now that I got, I got a damaged one. Picture below:

Posted Image

I've messaged Kyosho through their online messaging system indicating I was interested in ordering that part - I wasn't able to find a contact e-mail. I paid a good price for the model (~$76 with shipping brand new) and the seller did a good job of packaging it - so I'm not thinking of returning it just for this minor thing. Since this is the 2nd Kyosho R8 model that arrived with the lens detached - it has got to be Kyosho using poor gluing techniques or something.

Has anyone had success with ordering die-cast replacement parts from Kyosho? Does anyone have any suggestions on gluing these 2 clear plastic halves together as-to eliminate the appearance of the crack as much as possible? Or even better, does anyone have a damaged Kyosho R8 for-parts in which I can buy this lens cover from you?

Edited by mobius, 18 September 2011 - 05:10 PM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   audirs6

audirs6

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,066 posts
  • Interests:Photography
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart and CMC
  • Proud Citizen of:si

Posted 18 September 2011 - 05:17 PM

Try to put Maisto's on it.. But I think this won't fit :/
http://www.modelldea...heinwerfer.html

With Kyosho costumer service.. Is baaaaaaaaaad.. Really bad.. I can't get replacement window for my M5.. ( Now I don't want to spend another 100€ for destroing one ( Becouse I allready spent arround 240€ for parts and stuff ).. Sold mine in progress and I will buy another in blue and replace exhaust )..

#3 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,062 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:01 AM

I had a BMW M3 Cab model arrive like that, oddly the lense cover was inside the car! Luckily it's in one piece so I can sort it.

Yep if you can't get one you'll have to look for one to take it from, or ask to return it, but that seems a last resort. Good luck with it.

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#4 OFFLINE   SimonV8

SimonV8

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:Scale "detailed" models, and REAL muscle cars. Im also a mechanic.
  • Favorite Brands:GMP

Posted 19 September 2011 - 09:40 AM

Kyosho don't seem to be able to take much movement, I got a Kyosho BMW Z8 over the weekend, ok i knew it was damaged, and thought i'd be able to get parts from Kyosho, but no way of getting spares, So i ordered a Welly Z8 off Ebay for $5.00 and i'll use the parts from that to make good my chrome dealer edition.

#5 OFFLINE   mobius

mobius

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:04 PM

View PostSimonV8, on 19 September 2011 - 09:40 AM, said:

Kyosho don't seem to be able to take much movement, I got a Kyosho BMW Z8 over the weekend, ok i knew it was damaged, and thought i'd be able to get parts from Kyosho, but no way of getting spares, So i ordered a Welly Z8 off Ebay for $5.00 and i'll use the parts from that to make good my chrome dealer edition.

I haven't heard back from them yet. I can sorta understand your BMW Z8 situation because they no longer produce that model - not since 2002 I believe. But the R8, it's a model that Kyosho is still churning out from their factories. And I would find it really hard to believe that they don't produce any little extra amount of these lens covers - especially the fact that Kyosho produces over 20 variations of the R8 - colors, editions, spyder vs. coupe, V8 vs. V10, etc. I also figured - how could customer service possibly be worse than Autoart's. This hobby is starting to tick me off - I have over 5 models that needs parts and everytime I've contacted customer service; nothing is ever heard back or ever gets resolved. Not only that, most of these defects are a result of their crafsmanship - not from me mishandling my diecasts. For the amount of money I'm spending on these little tiny diecasts; and the profit margin they're raking in, I expect much better customer service.

Edited by mobius, 19 September 2011 - 07:06 PM.

#6 Guest_[KRAFTIG]_*

Guest_[KRAFTIG]_*

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:34 PM

View Postmobius, on 19 September 2011 - 07:04 PM, said:

I haven't heard back from them yet. I can sorta understand your BMW Z8 situation because they no longer produce that model - not since 2002 I believe. But the R8, it's a model that Kyosho is still churning out from their factories. And I would find it really hard to believe that they don't produce any little extra amount of these lens covers - especially the fact that Kyosho produces over 20 variations of the R8 - colors, editions, spyder vs. coupe, V8 vs. V10, etc. I also figured - how could customer service possibly be worse than Autoart's. This hobby is starting to tick me off - I have over 5 models that needs parts and everytime I've contacted customer service; nothing is ever heard back or ever gets resolved. Not only that, most of these defects are a result of their crafsmanship - not from me mishandling my diecasts. For the amount of money I'm spending on these little tiny diecasts; and the profit margin they're raking in, I expect much better customer service.

Who did you contact?  Can you provide the email address?

#7 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,062 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 20 September 2011 - 03:01 AM

I does suck if they say that they can't help especially if they are still producing the model.

I had the same with Corgi with a model that had been out two weeks, it was missing a mirror & they said it was an old model - I wrote them quite a stern email & asked they look again (bearing in mind they have a dedicated spare parts dept) they came back with 'sorry we were looking in the wrong place, we will send it out to you' thankfully they did so I was happy (I thanked them etc lol)

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#8 OFFLINE   mobius

mobius

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:55 PM

View Post[KRAFTIG], on 19 September 2011 - 08:34 PM, said:

View Postmobius, on 19 September 2011 - 07:04 PM, said:

Who did you contact?  Can you provide the email address?

There was no e-mail address provided. When you go to "contact" on the Kyosho website, there's a message system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use