#1 OFFLINE   Babaluma

Babaluma

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: gb
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Exoto

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:00 AM

A quick bit of advice wanted here, I have followed a link about the Maisto Audis which looked cool enough for me to get one. I saw they also did a version of the BMW V12 Le Mans car. I have found a Maisto and a Kyosho version for similar prices both with opening engine covers, from the pictures it's difficult to tell which is the better model and there does not seem to be many indepth pics online.

So which should I get?

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   audirs6

audirs6

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,467 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: si
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:1:18 autoart, CMC, Kyosho, Exoto, BBR, MR, Tecnomodel 1:43 Audi

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:04 AM

I saw Kyosho V12 model.. And It's really good model.. For me much better than Maisto Audi models ;)

#3 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrative Staff
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,439 posts
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Older Kyosho/Exoto/CMC/FrontiArt/UT Models

Posted 28 November 2011 - 04:04 AM

If you really like the car get the Kyosho, if not then the Maisto will hold up just as well. I went Maisto as I can't stand the car! It's only becaue it won Le Mans that I bought it. Also the Maisto is very cheap to buy! Mine cost £10

Also check that the engine cover can be removed on Kyosho, some of them are sealed.

Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   Babaluma

Babaluma

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 07:30 AM

Cool thanks guys! At the moment the Kyosho is very cheap and has removable engine cover, as it is a very love or hate car I am hoping I can get a bargain. I have not got the Maisto Audi delivered yet, I have never bought either brand before so it will be interesting to compare them. There are too many cars I like that are not made by the high end guys so I have started exploring some other options and these versions got some good reviews but without pics it is always hard to judge. If I get Maisto Audi and Kyosho BMW it will be some nice variety for the collection! I quite like some of the weirder looking Le mans cars of recent times like the Bently Speed 8 etc but I admit the BMW is a bit bizarre looking, like a pig or something with those silly front vents.

Next one on the list if the Minichamps BMW M1, now that is a beauty IMHO;)

#5 OFFLINE   Gavin

Gavin

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 7,373 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: us
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Kyosho

Posted 28 November 2011 - 09:17 AM

I have the Maisto & am impressed with it (same detail level as the Audi Prototypes & Porsche GT1's...I always wondered if it was worth upgrading to the Kyosho.

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• PipPipPip
  • 13,439 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 11:51 AM

View PostBabaluma, on 28 November 2011 - 07:30 AM, said:

Cool thanks guys! At the moment the Kyosho is very cheap and has removable engine cover, as it is a very love or hate car I am hoping I can get a bargain. I have not got the Maisto Audi delivered yet, I have never bought either brand before so it will be interesting to compare them. There are too many cars I like that are not made by the high end guys so I have started exploring some other options and these versions got some good reviews but without pics it is always hard to judge. If I get Maisto Audi and Kyosho BMW it will be some nice variety for the collection! I quite like some of the weirder looking Le mans cars of recent times like the Bently Speed 8 etc but I admit the BMW is a bit bizarre looking, like a pig or something with those silly front vents.

Next one on the list if the Minichamps BMW M1, now that is a beauty IMHO;)
Yep the silver 'kidneys' really let the car down, it looks ok apart form those!

The Speed 8 is a must!! I have the pair (number 7 winner & number 8 second place) they are awesome! Shame they're sealed though. Watch out for folk asking over £100 for each car, that's too much imo.

Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   Babaluma

Babaluma

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:03 PM

Yeah I will check the Speed out, Spark isn't it? I will stick up a review when I get the Maisto Audi and if I win the Kyosho BMW, different models of course but I can give an idea which feels like the better model. It's odd but sometimes you can get an expensive model that has bags of detail but just somehow misses the spirit of the car, while a cheaper car may really capture it. My Minichamps Porsche 917 Pink Pig is cheap and cheerful but I love it while the Minichamps Porsche 956 just doesn't do it for me for some reason despite being a better model in many ways.

#8 OFFLINE   Gavin

Gavin

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 7,373 posts
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Kyosho

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:06 PM

The Bentley Speed 8 is by AUTOart...awesome looking model.

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Silver Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 17,882 posts
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Kyosho,GMP

Posted 28 November 2011 - 02:12 PM

Just a mo Babs - how come you can Kyos for the same price as Maistos???  :icon_scratch:

I know Maisto have had their triumphs, and Kyo have had their duffers - but essentially they are not in the same ballpark ,,,

i've not seen either model, but for the same money I would not hesitate to take the Kyo..... :twocents:

MOTORHEAD - 21ST CENTURY - MOTORHEAD ALRIGHT!!!

Fast Eddy's

Weddings........................and .....................FUNERALS!

Posted Image

#10 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• PipPipPip
  • 13,439 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 03:50 AM

View PostBabaluma, on 28 November 2011 - 02:03 PM, said:

Yeah I will check the Speed out, Spark isn't it? I will stick up a review when I get the Maisto Audi and if I win the Kyosho BMW, different models of course but I can give an idea which feels like the better model. It's odd but sometimes you can get an expensive model that has bags of detail but just somehow misses the spirit of the car, while a cheaper car may really capture it. My Minichamps Porsche 917 Pink Pig is cheap and cheerful but I love it while the Minichamps Porsche 956 just doesn't do it for me for some reason despite being a better model in many ways.
You must have got a great deal on it as usually they're about £130

View Postmairandeddy, on 28 November 2011 - 02:12 PM, said:

Just a mo Babs - how come you can Kyos for the same price as Maistos???  :icon_scratch:

I know Maisto have had their triumphs, and Kyo have had their duffers - but essentially they are not in the same ballpark ,,,

i've not seen either model, but for the same money I would not hesitate to take the Kyo..... :twocents:

Odd really - the Maisto can be had for under £20 if you look around etc. The Kyosho is about £40 if you're lucky, so either the Kyosho is a steal or that's one expensive Maisto car!

Babaluma - how much are they up for?

Posted Image

#11 OFFLINE   Babaluma

Babaluma

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:44 AM

The Kyosho is about £6 at the moment, I am scared to tell anyone unless they steal it;) I think it has maybe slipped under the radar....until now!

PS I think the fact that not many people like the car helps!

#12 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• PipPipPip
  • 13,439 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 11:52 AM

Oh right, I thought the Kyosho was a straight sale, didn't realise it was an auction - it won't sell for £6

Posted Image

#13 OFFLINE   joeyo387

joeyo387

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 917 posts
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:None...

Posted 30 November 2011 - 12:20 PM

I was tempted to get the Maisto, but ultimately went with the Kyosho because the Maisto had big treads on the tires. Especially on a model where the tires are so visible in the back, I wanted slicks for accuracy's sake...
A focused or planned collection can tell a story, while a random collection talks mostly about the collector. Neither is better than the other, it's personal choice - Woobs
Posted Image
My Fastest Cars in History collection and my BMW Motorsport collection.

#14 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Silver Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 17,882 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 01:35 PM

Babaluma - here's a link to a YouTube vid for the Kyosho V12 if it's any use to you!   :wavetowel2:

Fast Eddy's

Posted Image

#15 OFFLINE   Babaluma

Babaluma

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:23 PM

Cool thanks for the advice. Craig T the Minichamps Pink Pig , if that was what you were asking, was about £60 so not a bad deal I thought!

Yes the Kyosho is still at auction not in my sweaty little hands yet! I am doing the old weighing it all up on Ebay chore, trying to take into account postage, any import tax etc, you really need a calculator! I am actually waiting to here back from Markus on this forum as he has one he may be pursued to sell! I would much rather buy off an enthusiast than some random Ebay thing.

#16 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• PipPipPip
  • 13,439 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:17 AM

£60 for the Pink Pig car is a steal ! Nice one!

If the Kyosho LMR is in the US & you're in the UK you'll get stung for import duties. If it's in the EU you're ok, no duties.

Posted Image

#17 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Silver Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 17,882 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 07:02 AM

I'd stretch to £60 for the pig....great find - congrats Babs!  :clap:    How about some pics?   :hope:

Fast Eddy's

Posted Image

#18 OFFLINE   agvancouver

agvancouver

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts,Film photography
  • Proud Citizen of: ca
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:autoart, kyosho, norev, maisto, tamiya

Posted 04 January 2012 - 03:21 AM

here's mine if pictures will help you out a bit.. i dont have the kyosho version, but i been contemplating buying one..
it's the one with the beck's sponsorship decal on it. and it has red mirrors, with little antenna's on both sides..

Posted Image

Edited by agvancouver, 04 January 2012 - 03:22 AM.

View my photos!
www.redbubble.com/people/adriangeronimo

Also tagged with Kyosho, BMW, Maisto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use