9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cat777

cat777

• DX Community
  • 93 posts
  • Favorite Brands:cmc
  • Proud Citizen of:gr

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:05 PM

So here is my story about my order from the above website (both are the same company) about 1-2 months ago.

I was searching for a CMC Auto Union Engine waitting patienly for it to show up on ebay or somewhere until a friend tells me that he found one at the above website. I had second thoughts because I saw many rare models at bargain (normall retail) prices but my friend reassured me that he had bough before from them and he went on and bought the Auto Union Engine and a Maserati Birdcage. My first thought was, if he has such rare models why doesn't he put them on ebay? I got the answer shortly after.

Anyway I thought why not and order from them the Auto Union Engine and the Maserati Bircage as well but I was more excited to find the Autoart Ford GT test car in stock! I paid for the models and waited for the postman to ring my bell! But of course this didn't happen otherwise I wouldn't write this story in this section. I got an email from them that the item is not in stock and that they cancel my order. I replied by asking which item 1, 2 or all and never got an answer. Immediatelly I checked my credit card to see what charges I had but fortunatelly they didn't charge me anything and I thought okthese thing happen, they're not very profetionall but at least they're not thiefs.

Of course I notified my friend (who had already paid them) for this situation and now things start to get wrong. From what he told me he had to send many mails and faxes to get an answer and after some time their answer was that although they didn't have the engine thay wouldn't refund his payment because they got in a lot of trouble and cost to find the Birdcage! So they kept his payment for both items with the promish to deliver only one!! He is still waitting...

I understand if a seller doesn't bother to update his website regurarly or doesn't bother to answer emails but he cannot charge more than agreed because he has the upper hand. This would never hapen if it was an ebay transaction and at least I could have been warned but other users from his feedback and my friend could make a claim for his money.

From now on all my internet buys will be from ebay, all major web stores have an ebay account anyway.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,888 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exact Detail
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:39 PM

Very sorry to hear about this. Thieves do what thieves do. I don't mean to be insensitive but at this point there's not much excuse for buying from these liars and expecting anything other than what you got.
Justin

#3 OFFLINE   tonyg54

tonyg54

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 5,910 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart, Minichamps

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:43 PM

My sympathies, alot of people experienced the same thing as you. However, and I am not trying to be a jerk, i just googled them and at the bottom of the page was a caution from other people about buying from them. It only took 0.35 seconds for me to find a reason not to share my CC # with them. As they say, if something is too good to be true, it probably is.

I hope it works out for all of you and PLEASE, watch your credit card statements each month. They are very shady.

#4 OFFLINE   Diecast24/7

Diecast24/7

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,888 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exact Detail

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:44 PM

View Posttonyg54, on 28 December 2011 - 02:43 PM, said:

PLEASE, watch your credit card statements each month. They are very shady.

Very wise advice for anyone whose ever surrendered their credit card number to these thieves, Tony.  :occasion14:
Justin

#5 OFFLINE   mosteller

mosteller

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,514 posts
  • Interests:Primarily post -WWII and pre-1980 sports cars and road racing cars.
  • Favorite Brands:CMC

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:22 PM

Without question, they are the worst dealers I've ever been involved with.
Bob
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and ambition.

#6 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,374 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:55 PM

If I were your friend I'd be looking at going legal, or if he used a credit card, get the card company involved. The fact that they couldn't get his model is their fault not his, they can't charge for two items & then only send one! but if I were him, I'd be wanting all the money back.

Edited by Craig T, 28 December 2011 - 08:00 PM.

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#7 OFFLINE   juju396

juju396

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 292 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars, fast bikes, fast women. =)
  • Favorite Brands:I'll take one of each pls...

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:05 PM

Similar thing happened to me about a few years back... ordered an Autoart Ford gt carbon #4 & a few other items totaling out ~750.. no invoice, no anything.  A week passes, I call them up - they say it's currently in route to one of their "warehouses" and will be another few weeks before it'll arrive to my door.  I ask why did it state it was in stock on the website, the operator said it was a technical error.  I then calmly stated that I expect a full return within the next 24 hours before I contact my cc for a chargeback.  They complied - but to this day it left a sour taste in my mouth in regards to collecting.  Thank heavens we have reputable vendors such as diecastfast, speed showcase, scale18 to name  few.  From that point fwd - I made it a priority to only deal with vendors that supports the community - not just an outfit that only tries to make a buck (ahem diecastmodelwholesale).  

For anyone searching exoticar.com / hollywoodmodelcar : STAY AWAY!!

#8 OFFLINE   UDPride

UDPride

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 433 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AutoArt

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:18 PM

Ordered a Kyosho 512BB way back when from these folks and it arrived okay, but two subsequent orders were never fulfilled. Never been back.

I wouldnt steer clear of the online stores however. Far safer than Ebay.  All it takes is a single phone call to your CC company to get a charge retracted and put it in dispute. Your CC is on your side, not the merchant, and the merchant only has so many days to prove the charge is valid -- which they cant because they cannot or will not ship product. When most merchants see theres been a chargeback, they capitulate and dont bother fighting.

Edited by UDPride, 28 December 2011 - 09:19 PM.

2006 CAYMAN S GUARDS RED | 1988 911 TURBO COUPE GUARDS RED | 2005 BMW M3 COUPE PHOENIX YELLOW

#9 OFFLINE   Craigj3534

Craigj3534

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 104 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:07 AM

I'll add my 2 cents:  I thought I had made a sale of an extra NIB 1:18 AUTOart XJ13 Jaguar from my collection, but the buyer cancelled as he saw that exoticar/hollywoodmodelcar showed on their site that they were in stock for only $139.  Fat chance; no one has any new old stock of these!

Edited by Craigj3534, 02 February 2012 - 09:08 AM.

#10 OFFLINE   Cuda Jeff

Cuda Jeff

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 9,595 posts
  • Interests:Movie & TV vehicles, Police cars
  • Favorite Brands:Hot Wheels Cult Classics
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:04 AM

I'm quite surprise they're not out-of-business yet ... with all the horror stories we hear/read from them since the last couple of years! They should be close for good!

View Postcat777, on 28 December 2011 - 02:05 PM, said:

... but I was more excited to find the Autoart Ford GT test car in stock! ... but ... I got an email from them that the item is not in stock and that they cancel my order

View Postjuju396, on 28 December 2011 - 08:05 PM, said:

... ordered an Autoart Ford gt carbon #4 & ... no invoice, no anything ... I ask why did it state it was in stock on the website, the operator said it was a technical error.

Hey, if you guys are still looking for the AutoArt Ford GT Test Car carbon #4 ... I got one on Ebay "right now" for sale ...

http://www.ebay.com/...em=110815328222
item  # 110815328222

:occasion14:
**** Click my banner to see my entire 1/18 collection ****

**THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE 375,000+ VIEWS**

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use