DiecastXchange Forum banner

1/18 HONDA NSX BERLINA BLACK - AUTOART SIGNATURE

13K views 31 replies 21 participants last post by  piyoimut 
#1 ·
#2 ·
This is my favorite car, love it. nice pictures. I still have to take some pictures of mine

#7 ·
Great pics! Your photography skill is awesome, always enjoy seeing your pics.

I have both the Revell and AutoArt, both red

Here's the AUTOart:

And here's the Revell for comparison, to see how far the diecast car advanced over the last 15 years....
(sorry for the so-so pic quality)

#11 ·
Very nice. I went back and forth on black and red for a long time. Finally decided on the red since to me it represents the very first time the NSX appeared. That and it was in seemingly low numbers and my OCD would've regretted not having the potential to get it. This black version is very sexy. I would've preferred they had done the model year before the nose upgrade because I like those wheels a LOT better. I'm hoping they do more colors too...namely the Monte Carlo blue, Type-S Imola Orange Pearl, and Type-R Championship White.

#12 ·
Excellent model of a seminal car. The NSX is what spurred Ferrari on to raise their game after the 348s.
I wish they do a Alex Zanardi version and also a white one that Senna owned and drove @ Suzuka (with great incar footage of heel n toe and de-riguer 80s white socks LOL)

G
#13 ·
Really great model. The seats look like a picture of the real car. Everything on this model looks top notch and the pictures are really good. I personally like the black, but it is not going to make it in my collection.

Excellent model of a seminal car. The NSX is what spurred Ferrari on to raise their game after the 348s.
I think this is a pretty wrong statement. Performance wise Ferrari have always been improving with the same tempo with each new model, from before the 348 and ever since. The coincidense is, that 348 came out at the same time Luca di Montedzemolo came behind the helm of Ferrari and said that the way things were being done is over. The NSX was aimed squarely at the Testarossa and it was a better performer. Nothing to do with the 348 which was the reason why things changed at Ferrari and they upped their quality. Meanwhile Ferrari made two more Testarossas after the NSX and did not change much on them.

#14 ·
It is crazy looking back at the comparison Motor Trend and the other magazines used to do with this car. It never really fit with anything out there. The stacked it up against the RX7, 300Z, and other Japanese cars and smoked it, but was much more expensive. Then I would see it up against Ferrari and Porsche and do more then just keep up and was much cheaper. This was such a wonderful car and never seemed to get its due here in the States,

#21 ·
I just recently sold my last two Kyosho NSX's. It wasn't until I sat them side by side with the Autoart that I realized that the AUTOart is much crisper in details. It's hard to put into words but I don't regret it. I was pretty sure that the official announcement WAS the Type-R? Either way, seeing is believing.

#22 ·
Somehow missed this thread......awesome model Ayd!! Thanks for the many pics!

And tanayast, thanks for the comparo ancient and modern

#23 ·
This is my current favourite car in my collection. I was waiting for the price to drop but had to balance that with the fear that once out of production, the prices would rise. I got the model from J M Toys UK, at a good price and have totally fallen in love with this model. It looks stunning in every detail and is a good pair up with Kyosho's outstanding Skyline R32 GT-R.

Here they both are on my windowsill.

#25 ·
The Red Ones are out of stock.. harder to find.. but the Type R version is coming.. Red, Champ White, Yellow. :)

I have to say that this 1:18 Autoart NSX is the one model that helped my decision to jump into 1:18 DX arena.
this model is pretty close to the 1:1 (both the beauty and often "weird" on some angles -> maybe due to the age compared to the newer exotics, like seeing the 70's Lotus Esprit vs the 90's)

I don't like the old 15 front and 16 back rims on it though..

#27 ·
Saw a black NSX last night driving home.....oddly it had the honda badges which probably isn't hard to switch out but my understanding was that the "honda" NSX was outlawed in the US so the acura NSX took take it's place in the US. Am I wrong in that understanding?! The car was gorgeous and I tried taking pictures but driving with the flow of traffic while trying to do a photo shoot was beyond my abilities. Regardless......the NSX.....deeeeeelicious!

#30 ·
Either it had the jdm tails on the car so the center piece has the H embossed on it. Or the owner just stuck a honda H on the back after removing the acura sticker on the inside. You can tell its the jdm talis if the signals are amber. Many NSX owners like the tinted jdm tails so they just buy those and put them on but you would then have to remove the Acura badge in the front and put on the black H badge to match the rear. Its badge Acura here to sound better to cater to the brand snobs but in Japan its just Honda NSX.

#28 ·
I don't think it was so much outlawed as Honda of America thought Acura would serve that price point better (from a service & prestige perspective...which is more important in the US than other markets) than Honda.

I saw a black one at a small car show a month or so ago...it had Honda badges as well. Its a common, easy swap. I think the styling has aged really well.

#29 ·
the Autoart "red" Honda NSX is a reallllllllly realllllyyy tough find to go with my honda s2000!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.