Jump to content


Exotics at Redmond Town Center 03/24/12

verctor noble mclaren FF lambo

  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mark

mark

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,292 posts
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:34 PM

First 'cars and coffee' of the season for us.  Nice weather, good size turnout.  

http://s833.photobuc...-at-RTC_032412/


MarK

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

  • DieCastXChange.com



#2 OFFLINE   simondc07

simondc07

    Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3,309 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Melbourne
  • Interests:Cars, Sports, Finance, Poker, and the Wild
  • Proud Citizen of:au
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Exoto, CMC, GMP

Posted 24 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

Thanks for sharing Mark. Brings back some lovely memories of my week in Seattle last year. We spent a week at my mates place in Redmond but unfortunately couldn't make it to a 'cars and coffee' meet.

Some real exotica there. That yellow Vector M12 is a real rarity. I had a chance to inspect it up close at the Concours Italiano and it is a real oddball. What are your thoughts on the new McLaren? Did it look good in person, as photos so far leave me a little undecided.

Furthermore what is the story with the XC Ford Falcon Cobra Coupe - that is a real rarity in Australia, let alone US. Couldn't be many over there at all.

Posted Image


#3 OFFLINE   118supercars

118supercars

    Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4,987 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Humboldt County, California
  • Interests:Supercars, model cars, racing games, geography and traveling, astronomy and astrology
  • Proud Citizen of:us
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:UT Models

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:39 PM

Wow, you're so lucky to have seen a Vector M12!  One of my favorite cars  :clap:
Posted Image
Mike K | my collection topic
Lover of '90s supercars and concept cars. Latest additions: Bburago Aston Martin V12 Vanquish Otto Mobile Venturi 300 Atlantique
"The world will be saved by beauty" - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

#4 OFFLINE   Phatboi101

Phatboi101

    Member

  • DX Moderating Team
  • Pip
  • 2,306 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia
  • Proud Citizen of:au
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Hotwheels Elite, BBR, APM

Posted 24 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

Wow some real rarities there.
The Vector is the standout, looks very well kept.
Is the 599 the superamerica 45 one-off?
Incredible to see an XC Cobra as Simon mentioned, even over here.
Thanks for sharing.

Mondial-Models.com custom projects:
612 GT | 288 Evoluzione | F40 LM & F355 GT | 288 GTO | F40 GTE


#5 OFFLINE   SMD001

SMD001

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 188 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Warren, Ohio
  • Proud Citizen of:us
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:depends on day

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:11 PM

There is a dealer in Canton Oh (about 40 min from me) that has two Vectors including the stars and stripes one off.

#6 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*
  • Guest

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

View PostPhatboi101, on 24 March 2012 - 01:50 PM, said:

Is the 599 the superamerica 45 one-off?

It is a "regular" 599 SA Aperta. Just from the picture you can tell that it has different grille, hood, fenders, wheels, roof, interior and color.


That Vector looks mint and is pretty rare, but its design did not age very gracefully.

#7 OFFLINE   mark

mark

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,292 posts
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:07 PM

View Postsimondc07, on 24 March 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

Thanks for sharing Mark. Brings back some lovely memories of my week in Seattle last year. We spent a week at my mates place in Redmond but unfortunately couldn't make it to a 'cars and coffee' meet.

Some real exotica there. That yellow Vector M12 is a real rarity. I had a chance to inspect it up close at the Concours Italiano and it is a real oddball. What are your thoughts on the new McLaren? Did it look good in person, as photos so far leave me a little undecided.

Furthermore what is the story with the XC Ford Falcon Cobra Coupe - that is a real rarity in Australia, let alone US. Couldn't be many over there at all.

You know - the vector kind of looked like a kit car to me.  Didn't look very refined.   I was surprised and happy to see that car here.  The McLaren?  Doesn't seem to differentiate itself from other cars in theat class very much.  Beautiful looking car, just not overly exciting to me.  I think I've seen that Falcon at local shows before - may even have been at one of the weekly meets.  That's the only one of those I've ever seen.

Mark

#8 Guest_[KRAFTIG]_*

Guest_[KRAFTIG]_*
  • Guest

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

Thanks for sharing mark... I like!

Posted Image''Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*
  • Guest

Posted 24 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

View Postmark, on 24 March 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

View Postsimondc07, on 24 March 2012 - 12:47 PM, said:

Thanks for sharing Mark. Brings back some lovely memories of my week in Seattle last year. We spent a week at my mates place in Redmond but unfortunately couldn't make it to a 'cars and coffee' meet.

Some real exotica there. That yellow Vector M12 is a real rarity. I had a chance to inspect it up close at the Concours Italiano and it is a real oddball. What are your thoughts on the new McLaren? Did it look good in person, as photos so far leave me a little undecided.

Furthermore what is the story with the XC Ford Falcon Cobra Coupe - that is a real rarity in Australia, let alone US. Couldn't be many over there at all.

You know - the vector kind of looked like a kit car to me.  Didn't look very refined.   I was surprised and happy to see that car here.  The McLaren?  Doesn't seem to differentiate itself from other cars in theat class very much.  Beautiful looking car, just not overly exciting to me.  I think I've seen that Falcon at local shows before - may even have been at one of the weekly meets.  That's the only one of those I've ever seen.

Mark

Thanks again Mark.
I hear you what you are saying about the Vector. It pretty much IS a kit car and this is why it looks like one. Even if I have a kadzillion buck I would never own one. The Countach is the biggest disappointment I ever experienced in a car. It is such a bad car in real life. But if I could afford it, I would definitely have one. It just defines a generation in a way. The Vector on the other hand was just some sort of homemade wannabe.

#10 OFFLINE   simondc07

simondc07

    Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3,309 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Melbourne
  • Interests:Cars, Sports, Finance, Poker, and the Wild
  • Proud Citizen of:au
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Exoto, CMC, GMP

Posted 24 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

The Vector M12 actually has a Lamborghini Diablo sourced engine. This M12 is probably one of the most sorted of the entire production run and had received a recent mechanical and cosmetic overhaul. I remember it being one of the standout lots at a Mecum Auction receiving top billing alongside an even fiercer Mosler. It you were to dip you toe into Vector M12 ownership, this yellow beastie on paper at least, is the one to get.

Posted Image


#11 OFFLINE   S40

S40

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,959 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Seattle
  • Proud Citizen of:us
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Autoart

Posted 24 March 2012 - 07:36 PM

I was there today too. We did an M6 group drive over there this morning. To be honest, nothing too exciting over there. Last year was my first year and it was exciting seeing new things, but this time it was more of the same save the Vector and McLaren. I feel the same way about the McLaren as you do, Mark, it's nice looking but kind of boring compared to let's say the 458.

#12 OFFLINE   mark

mark

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,292 posts
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:17 PM

View PostS40, on 24 March 2012 - 07:36 PM, said:

I was there today too. We did an M6 group drive over there this morning. To be honest, nothing too exciting over there. Last year was my first year and it was exciting seeing new things, but this time it was more of the same save the Vector and McLaren. I feel the same way about the McLaren as you do, Mark, it's nice looking but kind of boring compared to let's say the 458.

"nothing too exciting.."  WHA?   I know, I know....after you go to these meets a few times you see the same Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Porsches,....but you're right - usually only a couple of standouts each time.   However, we should be *happy* we get to see a meet like this so often!   I don't care if I have to see sir mix-a-lot again.    :wavetowel2:

Mark


Mark

#13 OFFLINE   Gavin

Gavin

    Senior Member

  • DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 7,860 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Columbus, OH...GO BUCKS!
  • Proud Citizen of:us
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Kyosho

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:07 AM

Great stuff, Mark...thanks for posting.

That blue 599 looks outstanding.

Posted Image






Also tagged with verctor, noble, mclaren FF, lambo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users





©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use