HELP! 670-SV side windows - will they retro-fit into 2001 Murchie?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Silver Member

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,526 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: gb
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Kyosho,GMP

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:44 AM

What do you think guys?   :icon_scratch:   Would it work?  

Could someone who has both models perhaps have a look and see if the door castings are the same....and give me any thoughts on the viability of the idea?   :hope:

MOTORHEAD - 21ST CENTURY - MOTORHEAD ALRIGHT!!!

Fast Eddy's

Weddings........................and .....................FUNERALS!

Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   lambodiecast

lambodiecast

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 933 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: be
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:AutoArt - MR - Kyosho

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:25 AM

They look rather similar, naturally the rear view mirror is different, but the rest looks the same to me, so I would give it a try anyway.

I do think the 'mechanism' is different, there is a spring on the new model to keep the door open, this is not there on the old 6.2 model, so perhaps 'inside' the front wheel arch there is a difference, but that can only be seen when you open up the model.
Isn't there a thread somewhere with pictures of a white SV completely taken apart ? I remember seeing that somewhere.
Mark
Posted Image
The Lamborghini scale car collection - 612 models with 3991 photos online

#3 OFFLINE   lambo

lambo

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,071 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: nl
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:AutoArt

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:28 AM

If you want to put the windows from the LP670 into the old Murcie, it won't fit. Just checked the door of my demolitisch LP670 and compared it with the old Murcie, from the outside the doors are pretty the same, but the part of the window that's going into the door has a different shape. If you have yellow version you could try to replace the whole door, the yellow shades look exactly the same. You only have different side mirrors and a different door at the inside.
Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Silver Member

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,526 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 11:43 AM

View Postlambo, on 05 May 2012 - 11:28 AM, said:

If you want to put the windows from the LP670 into the old Murcie, it won't fit. Just checked the door of my demolitisch LP670 and compared it with the old Murcie, from the outside the doors are pretty the same, but the part of the window that's going into the door has a different shape. If you have yellow version you could try to replace the whole door, the yellow shades look exactly the same. You only have different side mirrors and a different door at the inside.

Thanks for that info lambo    :occasion14: .....I guess if I pursue it I'll probably try to make some out of some clear plastic then..    :rolleyes:

Fast Eddy's

Posted Image

#5 Guest_feelsgood2buy_*

Guest_feelsgood2buy_*

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

Beg to differ, I think it will work. The door can't be swapped due differet profiles at the closing end of the door (SV is sharper angle causing a tighter fit). However the door frames of these cars are plastic and glued inbetween the metal door and plastic doors planel. You may have to form new holes to hold the 670 frames at the right height but it should work. I have an early Murc that I have dismantled but I'm not touching my one an only 670-4. If I score a China ed. I may take it apart as I want to swap it with an orange SV 670-4.

#6 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Silver Member

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,526 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 05:28 PM

View Postfeelsgood2buy, on 05 May 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

Beg to differ, I think it will work. The door can't be swapped due differet profiles at the closing end of the door (SV is sharper angle causing a tighter fit). However the door frames of these cars are plastic and glued inbetween the metal door and plastic doors planel. You may have to form new holes to hold the 670 frames at the right height but it should work. I have an early Murc that I have dismantled but I'm not touching my one an only 670-4. If I score a China ed. I may take it apart as I want to swap it with an orange SV 670-4.

Oh boy.....now I am in a dilemma!!  Thanks for your thoughts fg2b!   :occasion14:   I reckon I'll have a good look at the doors...

Having taken one apart already, do you think they would have to come off to do the mod?  Do you have to remove the whole underside to get at them??  Any pitfalls - did you have any problems?  (sorry to bombard you with questions!!  :rolleyes: )..

Fast Eddy's

Posted Image

#7 Guest_feelsgood2buy_*

Guest_feelsgood2buy_*

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:20 AM

View Postmairandeddy, on 05 May 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

Oh boy.....now I am in a dilemma!!  Thanks for your thoughts fg2b!   :occasion14:   I reckon I'll have a good look at the doors...

Having taken one apart already, do you think they would have to come off to do the mod?  Do you have to remove the whole underside to get at them??  Any pitfalls - did you have any problems?  (sorry to bombard you with questions!!  :rolleyes: )..

Honestly I think it will work best if you disassemble the car, it will give you more working room. However you could just open the door and put a thin screwdriver or blade between the plastic door panel and the metal door and pry it very slowly. 2001 Murc is pretty straight foward very simple, Im assuming the 670-4 would only be slighly more complicated due to a few more parts and AUTOart finding a better glue as of lately. Im here if you got any questions, now I kinda wanna take a 670-4 apart, just not my yellow

#8 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Silver Member

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,526 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

View Postfeelsgood2buy, on 06 May 2012 - 11:20 AM, said:

View Postmairandeddy, on 05 May 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

Honestly I think it will work best if you disassemble the car, it will give you more working room. However you could just open the door and put a thin screwdriver or blade between the plastic door panel and the metal door and pry it very slowly. 2001 Murc is pretty straight foward very simple, Im assuming the 670-4 would only be slighly more complicated due to a few more parts and AUTOart finding a better glue as of lately. Im here if you got any questions, now I kinda wanna take a 670-4 apart, just not my yellow

I've just had a good look and I can see what you mean fg2b....i take it the SV and LP640 have the window and window frame all in one. with the frame being painted?  :icon_scratch:  

As you've done it before, could you give me any tips on  how do I remove the bottom of the car, is it just undo the screws and it comes away easily or are there hidden tight spots, like glue points or the steering wheel linkage??  :icon_scratch:

Fast Eddy's

Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Silver Member

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,526 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:05 PM

*update*....tried to fit clear plastic windows to the original frames, but not very good....so gave up....

Took the plunge and got 2 SV windows from AUTOart Germany for EUR 13,0.....and guess what.....they fit !!!  :10: - or at least they will do with minor mods....!  :hope:

I've managed to strip down the car but need some epoxy now to glue the windows in........ will keep you informed of progress...  :wavetowel2:

Fast Eddy's

Posted Image

#10 Guest_feelsgood2buy_*

Guest_feelsgood2buy_*

Posted 03 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

Kool I wondered if this would work? You may be the only person with an AUTOart Murc 6.2 with raised windows.

#11 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Silver Member

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,526 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

View Postfeelsgood2buy, on 03 July 2012 - 08:58 PM, said:

Kool I wondered if this would work? You may be the only person with an AUTOart Murc 6.2 with raised windows.

I reckon it will FG2B   :hope: , but still a WIP tho'.....  :lamende: I hit a problem as the mountings of the mirrors are COMPLETELY different ......

Fast Eddy's

Posted Image

#12 Guest_feelsgood2buy_*

Guest_feelsgood2buy_*

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

Can you shave the pegs and do a clean glue?

#13 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Silver Member

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,526 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

View Postfeelsgood2buy, on 19 July 2012 - 06:49 PM, said:

Can you shave the pegs and do a clean glue?

The main problem fg2b is that the SV's mirror assembly is moulded in with the a triangular insert that fits into the front corner of the window (with a single fixing peg) whereas the corner area of the 6.2 is moulded into the frame and has 2 holes one for each 'leg' of the older design mirror mounting....perhaps this pic makes it clearer.....NB the new 'closed' SV window is on the left, and the old 6.2 'open' window on the right.....

Attached File  MURCHIEMIRRORS (Large).jpg   62.95K   2 downloads

What I plan to do is to widen out the (single) hole in the SV window frame and smooth some epoxyputty into the corner area so I can then push the two pegs on the old 6.2 mirror into the putty....I think this will be a more secure fixing than cutting the pegs and butting the join....

...am I making sense??  :icon_scratch:

Main thing is getting round to it tho'!!  :rolleyes:  :lamende:

Fast Eddy's

Posted Image

#14 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

The easiest thing to do, would be to buy a thin sheet styrene plastic (should be available in any hobby shop that sells trains) and cut a new triangular pies to cover the entire corner (what you are missing) and just cut two correct holes in it. Paint it black and you are going to be like new. No putty, waiting, sanding, enlarging. Work smart, not hard. :nice:

#15 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Silver Member

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,526 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:07 PM

View Postmrm, on 19 July 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

The easiest thing to do, would be to buy a thin sheet styrene plastic (should be available in any hobby shop that sells trains) and cut a new triangular pies to cover the entire corner (what you are missing) and just cut two correct holes in it. Paint it black and you are going to be like new. No putty, waiting, sanding, enlarging. Work smart, not hard. :nice:

That sounds like a good idea Mike....only thing is trying to get the right size drill bits......  :icon_scratch:......

....I suppose if the plastic card were thin enough I could make the holes by twisting round the end of  pointed scalpel blade on it.....

Fast Eddy's

Posted Image

#16 Guest_feelsgood2buy_*

Guest_feelsgood2buy_*

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

Yup you made sense. I was going to tell you about the styrene idea, because that's what came first to my mind. As for the new holes use new blade #11 or so Xacto knife. Poke a hole then spin it to widen to the desired diameter no drilling.

#17 OFFLINE   VRVPROD

VRVPROD

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 564 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: sg
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:All!

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

So how did the project go? If it works I may get a murcie and some windows from an SV to retrofit.
Forza Bianchi!

Posted Image

Visit my diecast website! http://www.vrvdc.com/

Latest 'Loots':
1/18 Autoart Nissan GTR R33
1/18 Autoart Lamborghini LP570-4 STS
1/18 Maisto Playerz Range Rover

1/18 Norev Mercedes S600
1/18 Anson Lamborghini Miura

#18 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Silver Member

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,526 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:39 PM

It really looks a go-er Jek, with the main issue being trimming the door linings to accommodate the thickness of the window 'glass'....but this is as far as I've got....  :rolleyes:

Attached File  LUDOLFSACTION (Medium).jpg   44.46K   0 downloads

:lamende:
To a man of your ability I'm sure  it would be a piece of cake... :twocents:

I really must get round to finishing it....  :hope:

Fast Eddy's

Posted Image

#19 OFFLINE   smokeyfan

smokeyfan

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2,497 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: us
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:highway 61 ertl GMP autoart Lane Hot Wheels Elite

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

thats a really cool pic eddy
Feel free to View My Collection Thread
http://www.diecastxc...and-collection/

#20 OFFLINE   guywithazonda

guywithazonda

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,703 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: ye
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:all

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

View Postmairandeddy, on 16 January 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

Like I said in an earlier thread, those ludolfs just can't be trusted to get the job done!  :giggle:

#21 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Silver Member

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 19,526 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

View Postguywithazonda, on 22 January 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

View Postmairandeddy, on 16 January 2013 - 07:39 PM, said:

Like I said in an earlier thread, those ludolfs just can't be trusted to get the job done!  :giggle:

I know Gwaz....see what they did to my GTR...

Attached File  post-4303-0-28690600-1296605895.jpg   42.61K   0 downloads

:giggle:

Fast Eddy's

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use