Does Anyone Have/Or Have Seen "Hobby Master" 1:48 Planes?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Kirk

Kirk

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:Florida Gators football, anything racing, diecast cars and more now, dreaming of the lotto, riding my trike (go ahead, ask me). I also speak golf, NASCAR, hot girls, hmmmm.
  • Proud Citizen of:us
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:???

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

Just what the topic asks.  Hows the detail??  How do they compare to FM 1:48??

:icon_scratch:

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   aztom

aztom

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 565 posts
  • Interests:Farm & Construction toys, Diecast Cars, Trucks and Planes. Customizing diecast and Hubley Kits.
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Most of them

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:22 AM

Kirk, I have not seen these but a quick search looks like they are done very well.  I'm in the process of selling a lot of my stuff that I no longer have room for so I won't be adding any more planes, although they do look temping.

AzTom

#3 OFFLINE   acisne

acisne

Silver Member

• DX Administrative Staff
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 16,137 posts
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Anything that is has value for my money

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:32 AM

The ones I have seen (at either Hobby Lobby or Tuesday Morning) looked pretty good!

Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)

#4 OFFLINE   Kirk

Kirk

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 134 posts
  • Interests:Florida Gators football, anything racing, diecast cars and more now, dreaming of the lotto, riding my trike (go ahead, ask me). I also speak golf, NASCAR, hot girls, hmmmm.
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:???

Posted 15 May 2012 - 03:18 PM

View Postacisne, on 15 May 2012 - 10:32 AM, said:

The ones I have seen (at either Hobby Lobby or Tuesday Morning) looked pretty good!

What were the 1:48's goin' for, ballpark??

:icon_scratch:

#5 OFFLINE   bigdeano

bigdeano

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,337 posts
  • Interests:Supercars, Group B, Group C, Group 5, FIA GT1/GT2/GT3, JGTC, Warbids, and Reno Air Racing.
  • Proud Citizen of:au
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:HPI, HobbyMaster, Carrera

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:32 AM

I've got several Hobby Master 1/72 aircraft and they are all look fantastic. They're like the AUTOart of the diecast aircraft business, except the prices are usually quite reasonable. Shape, paint, tampos and finish are all high quality and quite simply look fantastic. If you want some enormous, high detail photos of any Hobby Master models just go to http://hobbymastercollector.com/ . As for pricing, well the 1/48's generally go for between $50 and $70 without shipping on evilbay. IMO they're a little bit pricey for my liking but if you don't have the time, patience or equipment available to make a decent plastic kit of the aircraft you want then they are a very good alternative. Just be aware that the tailplanes on their spitfire models all seem to be wonky for some reason. Other than that I haven't seen any issues with them.

By the way, if you want me to I can take some photos of my 1/72's. on Tuesday this week. I've got a Skyraider, F-100, F-22 and a Lavochkin LA-5 made by Skymax which is an offshoot of Hobby Master.

Hope that helps mate!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use