preisman

• DX Administrator
  • PipPip
  • 9,537 posts
  • Interests:Pink supercars and ugly French cars
  • Proud Citizen of:us
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Hot Wheels Elite, GT Spirit, Exoto, CMC

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:42 PM

Here are two 1/43 Onyx Ferrari's. The #27 is driven by Nicola Larini. The #28 is driven by Gerhard Berger.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Join me at TheWheelHouseClub.com for great discussions about automobiles, hobbies and more! We have cake.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   guggga

guggga

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,255 posts
  • Proud Citizen of:in
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:No preference.

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:06 PM

Very cool models there and the fotos are awesome - especially the 3rd and 5th one. They pack in a lot of detail for the size! Are these expensive?
Lately, I've been contemplating going 43rd for racers cus I just can't afford to buy 1:18 scale anymore!

#3 OFFLINE   grinbergs

grinbergs

Collector of the italian reds

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 848 posts
  • Proud Citizen of:se
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Budget models

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:12 AM

Very nice F1 Ferraris, I also have one F1 Ferrari by Onyx, this makes me want to add more of them.  :wavetowel2:
My thread in members spotlight http://www.diecastxc...s/page__st__250

#4 OFFLINE   guywithazonda

guywithazonda

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,703 posts
  • Proud Citizen of:ye
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:all

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:36 AM

Why do models of F1 cars often have treaded tyres? I've noticed this on quite afew. Does it make them road legal?  :lol:

#5 ONLINE   preisman

preisman

• DX Administrator
  • PipPip
  • 9,537 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:00 AM

View Postguggga, on 11 July 2012 - 09:06 PM, said:

Very cool models there and the fotos are awesome - especially the 3rd and 5th one. They pack in a lot of detail for the size! Are these expensive?
Lately, I've been contemplating going 43rd for racers cus I just can't afford to buy 1:18 scale anymore!

Thanks

I got them both for about $20 and free shipping. There are a couple on ebay for a resonable price. The detail is nice, the scale looks good, but the Hot Wheels 43s are much better, but twice the price-ish.
Join me at TheWheelHouseClub.com for great discussions about automobiles, hobbies and more! We have cake.

#6 OFFLINE   rac3r

rac3r

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Proud Citizen of:gb
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:Any

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:08 AM

View Postguywithazonda, on 12 July 2012 - 03:36 AM, said:

Why do models of F1 cars often have treaded tyres? I've noticed this on quite afew. Does it make them road legal?  :lol:

Treaded are usually wet tyres
Posted Image

#7 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:12 PM

Very nice. These are some of the nicest Onyx models. Especially compared to their earlier releases, which are quite crude. This is from the period after Vitesse acquired Onyx. These same models were also marketed under the Quartzo name. In my opinion these models are underrated and are just as good as the Minichamps F1 models from the same era, which somewhat overrated.

#8 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

• DX Administrator
  • PipPip
  • 9,537 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:17 PM

Thanks for the info. I have been very unsure of which models to go with. Minichamps seemed to much for what I was looking for, Hot Wheels is nice, but then there are other makes. I was able to pick these up for a good price and took the gamble. It worked out, they look very good.

#9 ONLINE   guywithazonda

guywithazonda

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,703 posts
  • Proud Citizen of:ye
  • Favorite Diecast Brand:all

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:26 PM

View Postrac3r, on 12 July 2012 - 08:08 AM, said:

But on display they usually have slicks so it seems alittle strange that they would be made with treads as models.

#10 Guest_mrm_*

Guest_mrm_*

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

View Postguywithazonda, on 12 July 2012 - 01:26 PM, said:

View Postrac3r, on 12 July 2012 - 08:08 AM, said:

But on display they usually have slicks so it seems alittle strange that they would be made with treads as models.

Because these cars change from race to race, a lot of manufacturers make a model from a specific race. And if that race was held in the rain, the model is made with rain tires.

View Postpreisman, on 12 July 2012 - 01:17 PM, said:

Thanks for the info. I have been very unsure of which models to go with. Minichamps seemed to much for what I was looking for, Hot Wheels is nice, but then there are other makes. I was able to pick these up for a good price and took the gamble. It worked out, they look very good.

Minichamps made some really nice models, but our day Mattel Elite in 1:43 are just as good. They are actually the best Ixo has to offer made for mattel because of the license issues.

I would definitely recommend them, as they go for about $30-$35 and worth every penny. Also they started releasing models that before were exclusive to the handbuilts. Like lauda's six wheel Ferrari test car and Villeneuve's 312 T5.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use