What do you have on pre-order right now?

• Please log in to reply
706 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,216 posts
  • Interests:NFL, Auto racing, playing Pool, collecting large-scale diecast racing cars (1/18th and up)
  • Number of Models:123 (with two on the way)
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, GMP, Minichamps, Carousel 1, Auto Art
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:17 AM

View Posttyper317, on 09 August 2012 - 07:09 AM, said:

Hey Jersey_Devil,

The dealer that I ordered the #78 M3 GT2 from told me back in April that it had been discontinued by BMW and he refunded my money. I would at least confirm with the dealer that he can still get the model and get your money back if he can't.   I lucked out as i had pre-ordered the hobby edition as well.

I had heard that from a variety of sources here before I called the BMWpartssource dealer and spoke to him directly in June and he told me that there was some hope of getting it yet. Sounds like it's time for another phone call :mad2: !

View Posttyper317, on 09 August 2012 - 07:16 AM, said:

I forgot the reason I was going to post in this thread...    :giggle:

Obviously you were overwhelmed with your desire to prevent a fellow DXer from being ripped off  :nice: - I applaud you  :occasion14: !
I just want someone whose baggage goes with mine [from "Rent"]...
- Red

My 1/18th collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...16/#entry557038

My 1/43rd collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...d-riverside-300

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#27 OFFLINE   typer317

typer317

• DX Community
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Racing, Models
  • Favorite Brands:Truescale

Posted 09 August 2012 - 04:31 PM

:occasion14:  Hopefully, I was actually able to help.  I just hate to see it when good people get taken advantage of.  I checked the place I got my hobby version from and they have sold out.  If you want, I can stay on the lookout for one for you.  

Pre-orders...  there, I stayed on topic.   :rolleyes:   LOL

#28 OFFLINE   Heaty

Heaty

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 128 posts
  • Interests:1/18 Diecast Car Collector
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

Im really tempted to Pre-Order a Honda civic type R EK9.  The first ever civic type R.  the brand is Frontiart never heard of them before. Release date Aug30
Goes well with my honda s2k, integra type r and maybe the future autoart nsx-R, of course all white.
-Car is 1/18 scale limited 1 of 100 pieces

very pricey $1080RM equivalent to $345.00CAD/US currency.  That's what I call Ultra, Super, Mega Rare for a JDM
http://www.diecast-e......<br /><br />

Attached Files

Edited by Heaty, 10 August 2012 - 01:11 AM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

New Additions to my JDM Collectiion

• 1/18 Autoart Berlina Black Honda NSX
  • 1/18 Autoart Bayside Blue Nissan R34 GTR -from a fellow member "Kezza"
  • 1/18 Kyosho Red Toyota Supra

#29 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,273 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:01 AM

Frontiart are fantastic!!! They make the Mclaren MP4-12C model & the Aventador (and others) not cheap but they're on par with MR models imo.

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#30 OFFLINE   b-ry89

b-ry89

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 5,450 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, Movies, Paranormal, UFO, Photography.
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, GT Spirits, Norev, Hotwheels Elite (Ferrari)

Posted 11 August 2012 - 07:58 AM

The only model on pre-order for me is the HWE Ferrari 458 Spider and Ferrari F12.

I'd like to pre-order the AUTOart Aventador in Torquise now, but fear it might be canceled later as the release date gets closer. I'm gonna wait and see  :occasion14:
Brian's Recent Haul(s):

AUTOart Chevy Corvette C7 Z06
AUTOart Lamborghini Huracan
Triple 9 Nissan Skyline GT-R (R35)

#31 OFFLINE   Paulo R. Plentz

Paulo R. Plentz

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 145 posts
  • Interests:Model cars, photography and Mountain Bike!
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, TSM, Exoto, BBR, Minichamps and Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of:br

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:53 PM

I ordered this one last week, Ferrari 458 Italia Team Corse, 1st Le Mans 2011 in its class:

Posted Image

#32 OFFLINE   david5

david5

• DX Community
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Model cars, motorsport, old cars, fire engines.
  • Favorite Brands:biante
  • Proud Citizen of:au

Posted 14 August 2012 - 01:56 AM

1/18 Spark Audi Bathurst Spider car, 1/18 Spark 68 LM winnig GT40, Biante 1/18 BMW M3 Mobil Brock/Richards, 1/18 Classis Carlectable Norm Beechey S4 EH Holden & 1/18 Classis Carlectable F5000 Kevin Bartlett Lola. Hope they don't all come at once.
Posted Image

#33 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,429 posts
  • Interests:Family. Diecast. LFC. Movies. Top Gear UK.
  • Favorite Brands:Gulf & Martini Porsche's.
  • Proud Citizen of:uk

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:56 AM

View Postdavid5, on 14 August 2012 - 01:56 AM, said:

1/18 Spark Audi Bathurst Spider car, 1/18 Spark 68 LM winnig GT40, Biante 1/18 BMW M3 Mobil Brock/Richards, 1/18 Classis Carlectable Norm Beechey S4 EH Holden & 1/18 Classis Carlectable F5000 Kevin Bartlett Lola. Hope they don't all come at once.
Some awesome pre orders there David.. Look forward to seeing all these new ones in a group shot.  :hope:  :wavetowel2:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Posted Image ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If one does not fail at times, Then one has not challenged himself "

Ferdinand Porsche.

My Showcase Pictures.... Click here

#34 OFFLINE   david5

david5

• DX Community
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Model cars, motorsport, old cars, fire engines.
  • Favorite Brands:biante
  • Proud Citizen of:au

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:18 PM

View Postbigdave7872, on 14 August 2012 - 03:56 AM, said:

View Postdavid5, on 14 August 2012 - 01:56 AM, said:

Some awesome pre orders there David.. Look forward to seeing all these new ones in a group shot.  :hope:  :wavetowel2:

I'd love to post some pictures, but the skill alludes me on this forum for some reason.
Posted Image

#35 OFFLINE   wrx_triggerhappy

wrx_triggerhappy

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Number of Models:Lost count
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, ERTL, SC, Greenlight

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:37 PM

Trying to decide on the 458 GT2 Hankook and the Minichamps RS500.....still havent' found a dealer for the RS500.....bummer......anyone know of a dealer?

Posted Image

Sam

Recent Additions:
Not much since the wife controls me and the money and the 93 octane isn't cheap!

my collection

#36 OFFLINE   typer317

typer317

• DX Community
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Racing, Models
  • Favorite Brands:Truescale

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:40 AM

wrx...

Are you looking for the Matt Black version from Minichamps?  If so, Replicarz has it available for pre-order.  One word of warning though, Replicarz will not guarantee the price even if you pre-order until they have the item in stock.  

David5...

Awesome set of pre-orders.  That M3 has been on my radar for awhile now but Biante models have become very difficult to obtain in North America and the prices have gone through the roof.  :-(

#37 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,273 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

View Postwrx_triggerhappy, on 14 August 2012 - 09:37 PM, said:

Trying to decide on the 458 GT2 Hankook and the Minichamps RS500.....still havent' found a dealer for the RS500.....bummer......anyone know of a dealer?
What RS500 are you after? A Sierra or the Focus?

Posted Image

#38 Guest_toronto_T5_*

Guest_toronto_T5_*

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:40 AM

Interesting - the title of this thread made me log into my Exoto account, as I have, for years and years, had a few goodies on pre-order (Mario's Lotus 78, McLaren M8 and something else I don't recall).  Notice that none of my pre-orders are there any more - just as well, don't think they will ever get around to them and the prices have *mysteriously* gone up.  What a joke Exoto is, such great product and crap management

#39 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,216 posts
  • Interests:NFL, Auto racing, playing Pool, collecting large-scale diecast racing cars (1/18th and up)

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:10 PM

View Posttoronto_T5, on 15 August 2012 - 09:40 AM, said:

Interesting - the title of this thread made me log into my Exoto account, as I have, for years and years, had a few goodies on pre-order (Mario's Lotus 78, McLaren M8 and something else I don't recall).  Notice that none of my pre-orders are there any more - just as well, don't think they will ever get around to them and the prices have *mysteriously* gone up.  What a joke Exoto is, such great product and crap management

Preachin' to the choir, T5. I hope you didn't lose any money on those - too many buyers have had Extorto charge their credit cards for never-released diecasts and had to either file charges to get their money back or bite the bullet and eat the losses. I have 25 Exotos (16 bought directly from them or from Exoto fronts on eBay) and have had few issues with the transactions except for a lack of communication, but I'd never pre-order because of their user-unfriendly (and frequently illegal) business practices for that type of purchase.
- Red

#40 Guest_toronto_T5_*

Guest_toronto_T5_*

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:26 PM

View PostJersey_Devil, on 15 August 2012 - 03:10 PM, said:

Preachin' to the choir, T5. I hope you didn't lose any money on those - too many buyers have had Extorto charge their credit cards for never-released diecasts and had to either file charges to get their money back or bite the bullet and eat the losses. I have 25 Exotos (16 bought directly from them or from Exoto fronts on eBay) and have had few issues with the transactions except for a lack of communication, but I'd never pre-order because of their user-unfriendly (and frequently illegal) business practices for that type of purchase.

Nope, got lucky on that one - no charges.  I've probably got about a dozen Exotos, same as you no real problem ordering anything in stock (except they ship UPS to Canada, and they are $**&& pirates), and I'd be getting some of the XS stuff if there prices weren't out of sight - I have a strong pain threshold, but 600 bucks is a bit out there for a 1:18.  If they got those down to 400 bucks I'd be all over them like a fat kid on a candy bar!

#41 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

View Posttoronto_T5, on 15 August 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

Nope, got lucky on that one - no charges.  I've probably got about a dozen Exotos, same as you no real problem ordering anything in stock (except they ship UPS to Canada, and they are $**&& pirates), and I'd be getting some of the XS stuff if there prices weren't out of sight - I have a strong pain threshold, but 600 bucks is a bit out there for a 1:18.  If they got those down to 400 bucks I'd be all over them like a fat kid on a candy bar!

I've been willing to shell out a few shekels myself for a quality item, but I agree with you about the XS prices. In addition, regardless of how rare an item is, I won't go ridiculously over what I perceive was the original price with its value to ME factored in. The only times I've gone over $300 for any diecast have been for Exoto's 1/10th #2 GT40, the 1/18th Le Mans 1-2-3 GT40 set and the 1/18th #1 Mk.IV Le Mans-winner, and in each case what I paid was the lowest available price relative to what it originally cost, not Exoto's greed-inflated numbers.

I have a 2005 Exoto catalog that lets me know what they were previously priced; I won't pay 2012 prices for a six-or-more-year-old model. The XS models are new and have levels of detail superior to even the best older Exotos so some price inflation is understandable, especially considering current increases in labor costs. But $600-800+ for a 1/18th? Not for me!
- Red

#42 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,429 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 05:23 PM

View PostJersey_Devil, on 15 August 2012 - 03:48 PM, said:

View Posttoronto_T5, on 15 August 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

I've been willing to shell out a few shekels myself for a quality item, but I agree with you about the XS prices. In addition, regardless of how rare an item is, I won't go ridiculously over what I perceive was the original price with its value to ME factored in. The only times I've gone over $300 for any diecast have been for Exoto's 1/10th #2 GT40, the 1/18th Le Mans 1-2-3 GT40 set and the 1/18th #1 Mk.IV Le Mans-winner, and in each case what I paid was the lowest available price relative to what it originally cost, not Exoto's greed-inflated numbers.

I have a 2005 Exoto catalog that lets me know what they were previously priced; I won't pay 2012 prices for a six-or-more-year-old model. The XS models are new and have levels of detail superior to even the best older Exotos so some price inflation is understandable, especially considering current increases in labor costs. But $600-800+ for a 1/18th? Not for me!
Dont blame you in the slightest Red.. i could not justify it to myself paying that much for any model, not matter how detailed it is.. :twocents:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Posted Image ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ferdinand Porsche.

#43 Guest_toronto_T5_*

Guest_toronto_T5_*

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

Jersey_Devil, how are you liking the GT40 1/10? Every time they flog it for 995 I get an itchy trigger finger... my main problem is space to display a monster like that properly

#44 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:48 PM

View Posttoronto_T5, on 15 August 2012 - 08:07 PM, said:

Jersey_Devil, how are you liking the GT40 1/10? Every time they flog it for 995 I get an itchy trigger finger... my main problem is space to display a monster like that properly

I LOVE it - it's everything I saw in the 1/18th #2 that came with the 1-2-3 '66 Le Mans set and more, just as I expected:

Posted Image

I was after it since shortly after it was released in 2003, having stalked a similarly detailed 1/12th resin kit of the #2 from Creative Miniatures Associates since 1993 (both were well out of my reach in the high $400 range, plus I didn't have the time or motivation to return to model building).

Now that my resources are somewhat greater, the fact that the Exoto big boy could be bought for the same price as in 2005 (actually, $3.95 LESS - it was $998.95 back then) made it conceivable to grab it as my all-time #1 Holy Grail. I have no regrets, though that and other recent purchases have put a crimp in my diecast spending for the rest of this year  :rolleyes: .

As for space, none of my babies are out of their boxes yet - they're waiting for my planned move home to NJ next year. I'll apartment-shop then based on making sure I have a room just for their display - that has a lock for when I have guests :nice: !

Edited by Jersey_Devil, 16 August 2012 - 06:52 AM.

- Red

#45 Guest_toronto_T5_*

Guest_toronto_T5_*

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:49 AM

Thanks for the pic, I knew the dimensions but nice seeing it next to a 1/18.   Agreed they are a screaming deal, maybe I should just get the bloody thing even if I do leave it sitting in it's box until I figure out what to do with it...

Edited by toronto_T5, 16 August 2012 - 06:49 AM.

#46 OFFLINE   Paulo R. Plentz

Paulo R. Plentz

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 07:53 AM

My pre order just arrived! Shipped aug/10 from Hong Kong and arrived today here, south of Brazil. Very fast!

Better pics later on the DX Motorsport forum! Awesome model, I didnt knew, but its limited to 5.000 pieces max.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Paulo R. Plentz, 18 August 2012 - 07:54 AM.

#47 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,273 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 08:52 AM

That's mint!!

Posted Image

#48 OFFLINE   Paulo R. Plentz

Paulo R. Plentz

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:45 AM

Already took the pics, soon will be on the DX Motorsports.

Tha car is really well packed! As you can see the rear and front hoods come out of the box and the rear hood comes inside a plastic case cause the mesh on both sides are photo etched (right? are real metal). The front hood also have a photo etched mesh inside to protect the fan I guess.

Edit:
http://www.diecastxc...f-corse-winner/

Edited by Paulo R. Plentz, 18 August 2012 - 03:15 PM.

#49 OFFLINE   The Big Yin

The Big Yin

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:Drifting, Diecasts, Motorsport, Cinema and Xbox
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, AUTOart, UT, Minichamps

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

I have the Sun Star Colin McRae 555 Subaru Impreza on pre order. From my local Brick and Mortar store. No Deposit paid. He just hold's them for me.
Drifting is an ART FORM not for the weak hearted

Posted Image

#50 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,429 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:27 PM

Andy pass us his store name so i can have a look at it please, that is one model i would love to have.. nice 1 mate.

Ferdinand Porsche.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use