Kyosho F40 Lightweight with LM Wing - High End - wrong windows!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   johneli1

johneli1

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:Mainly 1/18 Lamborghini diecasts but also Ferrari and any other super exotics!
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart/Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:40 AM

Nightmare, I already have the standard Kyosho F40, and the standard 'Light-weight' but I pulled the trigger on the 'High End' Light-weight with LM wing' last week as I really like the wing.

Anyway I made the purchase through eBay- no trouble with the dealer and it's arrived today. I've literally just opened all the lovely packaging and to my amazement it has the standard F40 doors on it - not the ones with the perspex openings! This is some collosul Kyosho cock up. I have loads of their models and this must be the first incorrectly built model I've had from them.

I mean - it doesn't look like the model on the box! Also one of the rear 'fog' lights is missing - absolutely nowhere to be found in the packaging. I'm gutted and may be even more gutted when the dealer comes back to me to say he doesn't have anymore  :bawling: . Has anyone else seen anything like this where the model is built to the wrong spec?

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   audirs6

audirs6

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,060 posts
  • Interests:Photography
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart and CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: si

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

I've got Silver Range Rover Sport in box for white Range Rover Sport 1:18 Autoart.. Box was original closed bought from online shop..

#3 OFFLINE   johneli1

johneli1

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 602 posts
  • Interests:Mainly 1/18 Lamborghini diecasts but also Ferrari and any other super exotics!

Posted 28 August 2012 - 01:13 PM

The dealer has got back to me already and confirmed that the others they have are the same! Dodgy batch - I don't think I'll get another with the correct windows - gutted!

#4 OFFLINE   Teejay

Teejay

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 900 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: pt

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:03 PM

The red Kyosho LW were all produced wrong. It was a mistake by Kyosho. Some dealers were even invited to return the models in stock. Kyosho will produce the correct model (like it is pictured on the box), but with their usual delay at sending models out of the factory, I don´t know when we should expect it.

I noticed that due to a seller on ebay that had the actual car in the picture, so now before buying I ask sellers to check the box and let me know the window style. Still haven´t got a correct red version... But I think that the blacks are all correct.

#5 OFFLINE   johneli1

johneli1

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 602 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

Yes, I think you're right - my dealer checked his remaining red ones and they're the same - they've actually got the wrong doors on them, not just the windows! His black ones are ok. I'm wondering whether I might keep my red one and swap the doors with the standard lightweight that I have...

#6 OFFLINE   mobius

mobius

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,456 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, and Elite.
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:01 PM

That's weird because having looked at a bunch of pictures of this model that was shot by the sellers, it appears their models has the correct sliding windows.

#7 OFFLINE   johneli1

johneli1

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 602 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:55 AM

View Postmobius, on 28 August 2012 - 06:01 PM, said:

That's weird because having looked at a bunch of pictures of this model that was shot by the sellers, it appears their models has the correct sliding windows.

Which dealers? There don't appear to be hardly any selling the 1/18 Lightweight with LM wing. The ones that are  have library pictures

#8 OFFLINE   The Paladin

The Paladin

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 254 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: cl

Posted 29 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

I was suprised to when i saw the first pictures of the car, in my case i love it with the full windows, also, i know im not the only one who likes it more those windows, so you should ask other collectors if they want to exchange windows with you, its a fairly easy mod, all you need its a kyosho opening tool (the black rod that comes with many models) and a dremel to remove the windows once you separate plastic inside from the door.
I can take pictures if you like, i have changed the windows of 2 of my F40s LW for the stock ones.

#9 OFFLINE   johneli1

johneli1

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 602 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:00 PM

View PostThe Paladin, on 29 August 2012 - 12:28 PM, said:

I was suprised to when i saw the first pictures of the car, in my case i love it with the full windows, also, i know im not the only one who likes it more those windows, so you should ask other collectors if they want to exchange windows with you, its a fairly easy mod, all you need its a kyosho opening tool (the black rod that comes with many models) and a dremel to remove the windows once you separate plastic inside from the door.
I can take pictures if you like, i have changed the windows of 2 of my F40s LW for the stock ones.

Could you post pics? I think I'll do this mod!

#10 OFFLINE   alwyzl8t

alwyzl8t

THE PORSCHE EXPERIENCE

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 208 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Kyosho, CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 29 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

I received a black high end LM wing and the exhaust is incorrect, its the standard F40 exhaust...I was told by my retailer that Kyosho as well ordered them back to the factory as it was a screw up also.  Still waiting for the red ones!

I hope Kyosho gets their sh*t in gear!

#11 OFFLINE   snowman

snowman

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 644 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Many!

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:42 AM

My Kyosho F40 (standard one) has no gear lever! :(

Lovely model, but they must have employed a load of crack addicts to assemble them!

M

#12 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,596 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:33 AM

What's really annoying is that all of their F40 models are really hard to come by now - imagine the disappointment finally nailing one & it having QC problems etc :gaah:

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#13 OFFLINE   johneli1

johneli1

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 602 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

Well I've got round this issue. I've swapped the doors from my 'standard' Lightweight F40 with those on the High End version. Pretty straight forward swap!Attached File  f40s01.JPG   114.23K   27 downloadsAttached File  f40s04.JPG   72.74K   20 downloads

#14 OFFLINE   E Rod_017

E Rod_017

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4,669 posts
  • Interests:Cars cars and more cars
  • Favorite Brands:Anything that has great detail for low prices
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:09 AM

Looks good
TO SEE MY COLLECTION CLICK RIGHT HERE!!!
THANKS FOR THE 20,000 VIEWS!!!!!

#15 OFFLINE   johneli1

johneli1

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 602 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 04:49 AM

Some more news - I just won a Black High-end F40 Lightweight off ebay - has a 'loose' screen and damaged rear badge (easy fixes!) and I got it for an unbelievable £46!!!! I'm hoping to swap the silver OZ wheels with the Black ones. So, my disaster has turned out fine!

#16 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,596 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models

Posted 10 September 2012 - 05:03 AM

View Postjohneli1, on 10 September 2012 - 04:49 AM, said:

Some more news - I just won a Black High-end F40 Lightweight off ebay - has a 'loose' screen and damaged rear badge (easy fixes!) and I got it for an unbelievable £46!!!! I'm hoping to swap the silver OZ wheels with the Black ones. So, my disaster has turned out fine!
Ah so that was you! I was thinking of going for it but didn't bother in the end. GWAZ on here wanted it too.

Edited by Craig T, 10 September 2012 - 05:03 AM.

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#17 OFFLINE   lambodiecast

lambodiecast

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt - MR - Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: be

Posted 10 September 2012 - 06:32 AM

I've heard Kyosho changed factories ? Could be why you guys have these issues. Heard from a fellow collector the new blue Walter Wolf Countach in 1/18 with the different exterior mirrors is painted really bad ... quality is slipping away if I read all this ... damn, and Kyosho had such nice models coming up.
Mark
Posted Image
The Lamborghini scale car collection - 681 models with 4561 photos online

#18 OFFLINE   guywithazonda

guywithazonda

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,677 posts
  • Favorite Brands:.
  • Proud Citizen of: ad

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:19 PM

View Postjohneli1, on 10 September 2012 - 04:49 AM, said:

Ah, the one that got away!!  :rolleyes:
Congratulations on that mate. I feel better knowing your maximum bid was alot higher than I could match. You did end up with a steal though!  :wavetowel2:
Black on black wheels would look awesome with the contrasting red seats :drool5:

#19 OFFLINE   johneli1

johneli1

• DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 602 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:59 AM

So far, I've replaced the Ferrari badge on the rear hood and glued the windscreen in with 'canopy glue' and it looks perfect. In fact it looks so good I think I'm going to keep the silver rims on it. I did want all my Ferraris in Red but the F40 LW looks so mean in black!

#20 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Die-cast Happy Clappy!

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,006 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho,GMP

Posted 16 September 2012 - 07:29 AM

View Postjohneli1, on 16 September 2012 - 06:59 AM, said:

So far, I've replaced the Ferrari badge on the rear hood and glued the windscreen in with 'canopy glue' and it looks perfect. In fact it looks so good I think I'm going to keep the silver rims on it. I did want all my Ferraris in Red but the F40 LW looks so mean in black!

I don't own an LW, but I do agree with you johneli..there's something about it in black..... :drool5:

MOTORHEAD - 21ST CENTURY - MOTORHEAD ALRIGHT!!!

Fast Eddy's

Weddings........................and .....................FUNERALS!

Posted Image

#21 OFFLINE   guywithazonda

guywithazonda

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,677 posts
  • Favorite Brands:.
  • Proud Citizen of: ad

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:09 AM

I think this release looks better than the black on black version, as the rims and red seats contrast well. Post some pictures of it :drool5:

#22 OFFLINE   Troy Elliott

Troy Elliott

• DX Community
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:ANYTHING to do with real and toy cars.
  • Number of Models:1500 plus in 1:18th. about 30 1:12.
  • Favorite Brands:Auto Art kyosho Hotwheels
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:01 AM

Don't know if it has been mentioned yet. But the  LM with LM wing also has LM door panels in blk not red ???? Haven't seen a real one yet any version of red F40 that has LM blk panels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use