Jump to content


OTTO RS200 has arrived! BROKEN


  • Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   neon-rc

neon-rc

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Pocher
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

okay so my pair of RS200's have arrived finally
first thing i noticed was how good this model looks! it is a real beauty for any classic ford enthusiast
#1472 has scratching on every window but i havnt noticed anything apart from that :(
#329 has glue on the bottom of the chassis, the rear screw falls out if you put the car on its wheels (tried screwing it back in and theres no thread for it to go into), it has a couple of spots of black paint on the spoiler, scratched windows, badly painted rear registration plate lights, decal peeling off the right hand side, scratched wheels, a bubble in the paint and, unfortunately, something was rattling around in the engine bay :( so here are what i think are the first pictures of a disassembled otto rs200 on the internet
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Who needs paint?

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

  • DieCastXChange.com



#2 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

    Administrator

  • DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,421 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:51 AM

Have you contacted them yet?

Posted Image



Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE


#3 OFFLINE   mach504

mach504

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,072 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Right Here, USA
  • Interests:cars, watches, headphones, Warhammer 40000, Halo, music, paper weapons
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Kyosho, BBR, GMP, HWE/SE, Minichamps,
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

i'm sorry to see that they arrived broken.

View PostCraig T, on 20 February 2013 - 08:51 AM, said:

Have you contacted them yet?
that would be a good idea

#4 OFFLINE   neon-rc

neon-rc

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Pocher
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

no, do you happen to have their phone number?
i wouldnt be so bothered if there was only a problem with 1 car, but  both is very annoying, especially having bits rattling around and scratched wheels!

it isnt going to stop me buying from them however as they are great models when they arnt flawed
Who needs paint?

#5 OFFLINE   mmc

mmc

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,137 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Die Cast Cars, Real Cars, Nitro RC Cars, Grand Turismo, Formula One, Basketball, Guitars, Music, Movies, Travelling, Photography.
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Kyosho, CMC, Exoto, TSM, Spark, GTSpirit, MR, BBR, HWElite... etc.
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

Nice!  Congrats!  Still great looking cars, despite the quality issues.  TFS.

"Toy Cars... Real People"
Posted Image

https://www.facebook.com/mikeystoys


#6 ONLINE   audirs6

audirs6

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ljubljana
  • Interests:Photography
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart and CMC
  • Proud Citizen of:si

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:28 AM

Contact them first via email. They replay in on day.
For the first car you will recive new windowses and it's easy job so you can replace it yourself.
For the second one I think you should get replace for free!

#7 OFFLINE   neon-rc

neon-rc

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Pocher
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:47 AM

if they do end up sending a replacement i like the look of this
Posted Image

Edited by neon-rc, 20 February 2013 - 09:47 AM.

Who needs paint?

#8 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

    Administrator

  • DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,421 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

^ Mutant Sierra.

Posted Image



Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE


#9 OFFLINE   johneli1

johneli1

    Member

  • DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 602 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Mainly 1/18 Lamborghini diecasts but also Ferrari and any other super exotics!
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart/Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

I love the RS200 and I love the look of Otto models but that's what worries me about resins. As we speak I have a TSM Ferrari F50GT on its way to me that I've bought cheap as it has a missing badge off the front and a torn box. I'm really hoping it gets to me in one piece and that all I need to do is put a new badge on it. I'd be inclined to buy a few more resins if the front wheels steered a bit and they were all as reasonably priced as Otto. I'm really tempted by their Fiesta XR2!

Hope you get them sorted.

Edited by johneli1, 20 February 2013 - 10:41 AM.


#10 OFFLINE   neon-rc

neon-rc

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Pocher
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:56 AM

you can see my fiesta xr2 bodyshell inbetween the two rs200's in my first post, i got it for £75 posted, it was a nice model but it had paint bubbles etc, my friend however also bought a fiesta xr2 from otto and his is perfect
Who needs paint?

#11 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

    Administrator

  • DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,421 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

View Postjohneli1, on 20 February 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

I love the RS200 and I love the look of Otto models but that's what worries me about resins. As we speak I have a TSM Ferrari F50GT on its way to me that I've bought cheap as it has a missing badge off the front and a torn box. I'm really hoping it gets to me in one piece and that all I need to do is put a new badge on it. I'd be inclined to buy a few more resins if the front wheels steered a bit and they were all as reasonably priced as Otto. I'm really tempted by their Fiesta XR2!

Hope you get them sorted.
Haha, so you won that one Warepoint had! I went in on it, low balled it so I got outbid.

If they're packed up well they'll be ok. The need cushioning in the parcel for when the box is dropped / thrown about.

Posted Image



Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE


#12 OFFLINE   johneli1

johneli1

    Member

  • DX Sponsor
  • Pip
  • 602 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Mainly 1/18 Lamborghini diecasts but also Ferrari and any other super exotics!
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart/Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

View PostCraig T, on 20 February 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

View Postjohneli1, on 20 February 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

I love the RS200 and I love the look of Otto models but that's what worries me about resins. As we speak I have a TSM Ferrari F50GT on its way to me that I've bought cheap as it has a missing badge off the front and a torn box. I'm really hoping it gets to me in one piece and that all I need to do is put a new badge on it. I'd be inclined to buy a few more resins if the front wheels steered a bit and they were all as reasonably priced as Otto. I'm really tempted by their Fiesta XR2!

Hope you get them sorted.
Haha, so you won that one Warepoint had! I went in on it, low balled it so I got outbid.

If they're packed up well they'll be ok. The need cushioning in the parcel for when the box is dropped / thrown about.
Yep, that was me - not a complete bargain but the cheapest I've seen. Will let you know if it's ok!

#13 OFFLINE   BMW Fan

BMW Fan

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington, DC
  • Interests:Commercial Aviation, Cars, Food, Traveling
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, AutoArt, Minichamps (in their glory days)
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

I'm officially done with resins. They scratch much easier than die-cast, and every one I've seen has some degree of manufacturing flaw. Resins look nice, but don't feel nice.

I suggest sending them a message. I think they will definitely replace one car. Depending on where you live, you may be asked to send the model back for exchange. However, if you are like me and live in the states, they will tell you to keep the model because it costs $100+ to send the models back.
Recent Additions:

AUTOart BMW E46 M3 CSL (Black)
AUTOart Lexus LFA (Matte Black)

Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   Oldirtybastard

Oldirtybastard

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 154 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bradford, UK
  • Interests:Mk1 Golfs, Model cars, Alloy wheels.
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

Thats a shame. First time in a very long time that all 6 of my otto models came perfect.

I would get in contact with them via there email address.

T

#15 OFFLINE   neon-rc

neon-rc

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Pocher
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

i have emailed them including photos and said that i would happily return the models if they are willing to pay the postage fees, they shouldn't be too much as i live in england and OTTO is based in france, but would have thought it would be cheaper to just send a new model and replacement windows then have to pay for the return of both models and to send a pair of models back to me

if they do send out a pair of models and leave me to dispose of the two i already have i will strip one for parts for my fiesta and probably make a project of the other

its a shame because the models do look brilliant, i would rather have one than an autoart zonda r or something like that (im a ford kinda guy) but it seems the models are rushed through production, how many models do they make per month? 4000? 6000?

Edited by neon-rc, 20 February 2013 - 05:56 PM.

Who needs paint?

#16 OFFLINE   BMW Fan

BMW Fan

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Washington, DC
  • Interests:Commercial Aviation, Cars, Food, Traveling
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, AutoArt, Minichamps (in their glory days)
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

I'd sell the flawed models. They sell for a good amount even flawed.
Recent Additions:

AUTOart BMW E46 M3 CSL (Black)
AUTOart Lexus LFA (Matte Black)

Posted Image

#17 OFFLINE   neon-rc

neon-rc

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Pocher
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:21 PM

i would rather keep them and use the seats, headlights, wheels etc, maybe even convert one into a mild pikes peak version, instead of selling them
Who needs paint?

#18 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

    Bronze Member

  • DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,109 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Good Old Blighty.
  • Interests:Family. Diecast. LFC. Movies. Top Gear UK.
  • Favorite Brands:If its a Porsche... It'll do me!!
  • Proud Citizen of:uk

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

Otto QC issues again here at DX, this is becoming a regular thing these days it seems... Sorry to hear they arrived like this mate... :mad2:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Posted Image ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If one does not fail at times, Then one has not challenged himself "

Ferdinand Porsche.


My Showcase Pictures.... Click here

#19 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

    Senior Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,036 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia
  • Interests:Theology, motoring, and art
  • Favorite Brands:Spark, HPI, Bizarre, and Premium ClassiXXs
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

View Postneon-rc, on 20 February 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

i would rather keep them and use the seats, headlights, wheels etc, maybe even convert one into a mild pikes peak version, instead of selling them

Great idea, and excellent way of turning lemons into lemonade. I hope that you're able to salvage something from these flawed models. Otherwise, I too would suggest that you try to redeem your money.


View Postbigdave7872, on 20 February 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

Otto QC issues again here at DX, this is becoming a regular thing these days it seems... Sorry to hear they arrived like this mate... :mad2:

Yep. Unfortunately, OTTO is gaining quite the negative reputation. You have my condolences, friend! There's nothing worse - or more disappointing - than receiving a couple of bum models in the mail. I sincerely hope everything works out for you.  :occasion14:

#20 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

    Administrator

  • DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,421 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

Postage back with be about £16 per car.

View Postjohneli1, on 20 February 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

View PostCraig T, on 20 February 2013 - 11:13 AM, said:

View Postjohneli1, on 20 February 2013 - 10:32 AM, said:

I love the RS200 and I love the look of Otto models but that's what worries me about resins. As we speak I have a TSM Ferrari F50GT on its way to me that I've bought cheap as it has a missing badge off the front and a torn box. I'm really hoping it gets to me in one piece and that all I need to do is put a new badge on it. I'd be inclined to buy a few more resins if the front wheels steered a bit and they were all as reasonably priced as Otto. I'm really tempted by their Fiesta XR2!

Hope you get them sorted.
Haha, so you won that one Warepoint had! I went in on it, low balled it so I got outbid.

If they're packed up well they'll be ok. The need cushioning in the parcel for when the box is dropped / thrown about.
Yep, that was me - not a complete bargain but the cheapest I've seen. Will let you know if it's ok!
Hopefully it arrives ok, yeah I decided it was a bit too close to the regular price, so bailed on it.

Posted Image



Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE


#21 OFFLINE   CitroFriend

CitroFriend

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,389 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Vilnius,Lithuania
  • Number of Models:50
  • Favorite Brands:OttO/Norev/AUTOart/GTS
  • Proud Citizen of:lt

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:47 AM

View PostCraig T, on 21 February 2013 - 08:12 AM, said:

Postage back with be about £16 per car.
Why so much?
Posted Image

#22 OFFLINE   Gavin

Gavin

    Senior Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 9,008 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Columbus, OH...GO BUCKS!
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

View PostBiblitect, on 20 February 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

View Postbigdave7872, on 20 February 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

Otto QC issues again here at DX, this is becoming a regular thing these days it seems... Sorry to hear they arrived like this mate... :mad2:

Yep. Unfortunately, OTTO is gaining quite the negative reputation.

It really is too bad.  Their selection is outstanding, IMO...filing a much need hole in many collections.

Posted Image


#23 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

    Administrator

  • DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,421 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

View PostCitroFriend, on 21 February 2013 - 08:47 AM, said:

View PostCraig T, on 21 February 2013 - 08:12 AM, said:

Postage back with be about £16 per car.
Why so much?
That price includes tracking & insurance. I'd never sent a model without either.

Posted Image



Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE


#24 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

    Senior Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,036 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Virginia
  • Interests:Theology, motoring, and art
  • Favorite Brands:Spark, HPI, Bizarre, and Premium ClassiXXs
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

View PostGavin, on 21 February 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

View PostBiblitect, on 20 February 2013 - 07:10 PM, said:

View Postbigdave7872, on 20 February 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

Otto QC issues again here at DX, this is becoming a regular thing these days it seems... Sorry to hear they arrived like this mate... :mad2:

Yep. Unfortunately, OTTO is gaining quite the negative reputation.

It really is too bad.  Their selection is outstanding, IMO...filing a much need hole in many collections.

I know, right? What a shame. Who knows, maybe they'll clean up their act if enough people complain. If they don't make changes, then they'll be out of business... that's simply basic economics. :twocents:

#25 OFFLINE   Oldirtybastard

Oldirtybastard

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 154 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bradford, UK
  • Interests:Mk1 Golfs, Model cars, Alloy wheels.
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

They ask you to send unrecorded.

I would recommend not to do this. Make sure fully insured and recorded.

They said they hadn't received my returns until I sent them tracking info then suddenly they have. Good thing I chased it up after 7 days.

Cost me £22 something pence to send 2 models back recorded and insured.

T




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users





©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use