mairandeddy

Die-cast Happy Clappy!

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,955 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho,GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

I must say, according to the feedback from DXers, OTTO's track record would appear 'not good'....  :lamende:

MOTORHEAD - 21ST CENTURY - MOTORHEAD ALRIGHT!!!

Fast Eddy's

Weddings........................and .....................FUNERALS!

Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#27 OFFLINE   CitroFriend

CitroFriend

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,490 posts
  • Number of Models:50
  • Favorite Brands:OttO/Norev/AUTOart/GTS
  • Proud Citizen of: lt

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:35 PM

Soon I will get 4tc. We will see how it's ;)
Posted Image

#28 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,823 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

View PostOldirtybastard, on 21 February 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

They ask you to send unrecorded.

I would recommend not to do this. Make sure fully insured and recorded.

They said they hadn't received my returns until I sent them tracking info then suddenly they have. Good thing I chased it up after 7 days.

Cost me £22 something pence to send 2 models back recorded and insured.

T
Fair price that, you must have been lucky to get both in a parcel under 2KG, after that prices are nuts!

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#29 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Interests:Theology, motoring, and art
  • Favorite Brands:Spark, HPI, Bizarre, and Premium ClassiXXs
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

View Postmairandeddy, on 21 February 2013 - 03:23 PM, said:

I must say, according to the feedback from DXers, OTTO's track record would appear 'not good'....  :lamende:

Yeah, that was the impression I was getting as well. And, it would appear that this track record is getting a bit lengthy too. I can remember bad reports from DXers accruing a few years back.

View PostCitroFriend, on 21 February 2013 - 03:35 PM, said:

Soon I will get 4tc. We will see how it's ;)

Hope all goes well.  :hope:

#30 OFFLINE   neon-rc

neon-rc

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Pocher

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

CitroFriend, the girl in your picture is absolutely stunning :drool5:

i received an email back from otto:

Hello,

We apologies for the inconvenience.
Please send your model back at standard pricing (no signature) so we can exchange it.
You will be reimbursed for the shipping fees.

We must receive the model within 7 days of the return agreement, i.e. today 21/02/2013, in its original boxing. You must also write the following service number *************on your parcel. Without that number, we will be unable to accept the return.

Please accept our sincerest apologies.

it is now the 22nd and i will have no chance to post them untill thursday 28th, and i cant even get a courier to collect as i have a driving lesson and college tomorrow, will be away all weekend and monday,tues,wed im in college from 9am-5pm! but i am not happy with what they are saying either, send the models back at standard rate? if i do that and they "go missing", i will loose what i initially paid out for the models plus the cost of sending them back to otto!
i sent a email back to them stating that i will not return the cars unless they are going to pay for me to send the models back to them signed for and tracked and that it would have to be next day delivery for me to have any chance at all of meeting the deadline they have set. :mad2:

Edited by neon-rc, 21 February 2013 - 07:09 PM.

Who needs paint?

#31 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

OTTO sounds like another sketchy, "Exoto-like" operation. This is disappointing. Well, you definitely need to send the package with signature confirmation in order to protect yourself from losing more money (including the model). Are there any reputable OTTO dealers/retailers that you can purchase from, rather than going directly through these chumps?

#32 OFFLINE   ferrarianf1

ferrarianf1

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,865 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Still searching..........
  • Proud Citizen of: sg

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

Hope it will end well for you. After all, Otto has to take responsibility for their products. It's not as if the models were damaged durng shipping!

#33 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:18 PM

View Postferrarianf1, on 21 February 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

Hope it will end well for you. After all, Otto has to take responsibility for their products. It's not as if the models were damaged durng shipping!

Only a responsible company will take responsibility for their products, as well as take any corrective actions necessary to keep their customers.

Exoto is neither good at taking responsibility for their products, nor accepting the consequences of their practices. Rather, they're only good at taking their customers' money. And when the crap hits the fan, the good ol' folks at Exoto scatter!

The bottom line here is that it's never safe to assume that these companies will do the right thing until they've followed through with their promises. When it comes to handing over your hard-earned money and trust, both must be earned and maintained by these companies. And, from the sound of things, Otto has some work to do.

View Postneon-rc, on 21 February 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

i sent a email back to them stating that i will not return the cars unless they are going to pay for me to send the models back to them signed for and tracked and that it would have to be next day delivery for me to have any chance at all of meeting the deadline they have set. :mad2:

Smart move! If I were you, I would ask OTTO to mail you a pre-paid postage stamp with a tracking/delivery confirmation number.

#34 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,823 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:07 AM

Don't send it back un tracked.

I was all for getting this RS200, but most re seller sare asking £80 for it, they aren't really selling though. The stories of QC problems are putting me right off.

Posted Image

#35 OFFLINE   audirs6

audirs6

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,308 posts
  • Interests:Photography
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart and CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: si

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:13 AM

OTTO is really funny to me..
We all have the same reason why we write to OTTO.
1) For spare parts
2) Becouse we recived damadged models

Well everytime I have a problems with spare parts becouse they are sending only car badges and windowses..
But when we are on the part 2.. Damadged models.. Some got replay to send the models back to them insured, some got email back that send models back in 7 days untracked.. And some got replay that they will send new replacement on their costs - no need to return model to them..
I meen.. Wtf? Are they serious????

My M3 E36 GT was not that damadged as this RS200 is and I got replacement on their costs and keep the damadged M3..

#36 OFFLINE   neon-rc

neon-rc

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:08 AM

im guessing that the reason they arnt selling is that OTTO still have the models in stock, but i can imagine a steep rise from £80 when they do get sold out :(
as said im all for sending the models back to them, but im not going to be spending more of my own money to do so

i havnt had an email back from them yet and to be honest, im not expecting one!
Who needs paint?

#37 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,823 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:21 AM

View PostBiblitect, on 21 February 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

OTTO sounds like another sketchy, "Exoto-like" operation. This is disappointing. Well, you definitely need to send the package with signature confirmation in order to protect yourself from losing more money (including the model). Are there any reputable OTTO dealers/retailers that you can purchase from, rather than going directly through these chumps?

I think he bought direct from OTTO - all resellers run the risk of having damaged / faulty goods on their hands. Unless they open them up themselves they won't know if they're sending out damaged models - the packaging isn't just a case of opening a box & looking, you have to cut the sellotape between the poly box lid & base, then pull the car out of the plastic bag, then cut the sellotape off of the paper covering the model, all this without ripping of the roof antenna on the model  :rolleyes: :gaah:

View Postneon-rc, on 22 February 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

im guessing that the reason they arnt selling is that OTTO still have the models in stock, but i can imagine a steep rise from £80 when they do get sold out :(
as said im all for sending the models back to them, but im not going to be spending more of my own money to do so

i havnt had an email back from them yet and to be honest, im not expecting one!
People are already asking £80 for them - utter madness as like you say, OTTO have not sold out yet!

Posted Image

#38 OFFLINE   neon-rc

neon-rc

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

although im sure allot of people dont even know that OTTO has a website, or how to order from it

the rs200's come with the aerial wrapped up next to the spare ford badges, but the fiesta doesnt and when my fiesta arrived it had been opened, paper was missing and aerial was bent
Who needs paint?

#39 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

View PostCraig T, on 22 February 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

I think he bought direct from OTTO - all resellers run the risk of having damaged / faulty goods on their hands...

Right. But, at least you have a retailer in your corner who might be willing to go to bat against the manufacturer. By going through OTTO directly, you have no one in your corner when a deal goes bad (i.e. neon-rc's situation). And, OTTO most likely isn't going to be intimidated by one upset customer. However, OTTO might go out of their way to make things right if one of their retailers/carriers threatened to stop carrying their sketchy products. :twocents:

Well, I hope that neon-rc is able to get this issue resolved. It sucks to be out of money and a model... and it sucks even more to know that the manufacturer really does not have your best interest at heart. I don't think that I will be giving them any of my business, nor will I recommend them to anyone else in this hobby.

#40 OFFLINE   neon-rc

neon-rc

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

still no reply via email, i suspect they may have been upset by me wanting proof that the models turn up at their company!
Who needs paint?

#41 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:42 PM

View Postneon-rc, on 23 February 2013 - 09:31 PM, said:

still no reply via email, i suspect they may have been upset by me wanting proof that the models turn up at their company!

So sorry to hear that, friend. Sounds like they're more trouble than their worth... I beginning to wonder if OTTO is a subsidiary of Exoto.  :lamende:

#42 OFFLINE   BMW Fan

BMW Fan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,253 posts
  • Interests:Commercial Aviation, Cars, Food, Traveling
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, AutoArt, Minichamps (in their glory days)

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:13 PM

Gee, Exoto must have been one shady operation. I somewhat knew of their shadiness and business practices, but the Exoto fiasco happened before I began collecting.  

View Postneon-rc, on 21 February 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

CitroFriend, the girl in your picture is absolutely stunning :drool5:

i received an email back from otto:

Hello,

We apologies for the inconvenience.
Please send your model back at standard pricing (no signature) so we can exchange it.
You will be reimbursed for the shipping fees.

We must receive the model within 7 days of the return agreement, i.e. today 21/02/2013, in its original boxing. You must also write the following service number *************on your parcel. Without that number, we will be unable to accept the return.

Please accept our sincerest apologies.

it is now the 22nd and i will have no chance to post them untill thursday 28th, and i cant even get a courier to collect as i have a driving lesson and college tomorrow, will be away all weekend and monday,tues,wed im in college from 9am-5pm! but i am not happy with what they are saying either, send the models back at standard rate? if i do that and they "go missing", i will loose what i initially paid out for the models plus the cost of sending them back to otto!

When I received a pair of flawed M3 GT's and informed them of my disappointment, oddly, I got this exact damn email. The wording was nearly the same with the exception of a different date, return number and a "We wish you a happy 2013" phrase at the bottom.  

I told them that they would have to reimburse me $120 to ship the models back to them, and they told me to keep both flawed models and that replacements were on the way. I wasn't kidding around with the shipping either. USPS Worldwide Express insured for the full amount was literally $115. +$5 for fuel costs and my time to ship the models.

Hope this works out for you!

Edited by BMW Fan, 23 February 2013 - 10:16 PM.

Recent Additions:

AUTOart BMW E46 M3 CSL (Black)
AUTOart Lexus LFA (Matte Black)

Posted Image

#43 OFFLINE   Oldirtybastard

Oldirtybastard

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 156 posts
  • Interests:Mk1 Golfs, Model cars, Alloy wheels.
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:36 AM

Guys.

This is how I do it. I return the model back to them recorded/insured and then just send them the cost of shipping and they refund it.

You are normally down by about £1.50 as they send the payment as if they are buying something from you but too much hassle to argue over that.

If the postage is very high you are best of informing them of cost as they might just send out replacement without tha hassle of sending bad ones back.

T

#44 OFFLINE   Oldirtybastard

Oldirtybastard

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

Craig T

The reason sellers have to charge £80 plus for them is ebay/paypal take near on 15% of the total sale/postage price.

£80 means - minus £8 ebay fees then minus approx £4 to paypal. Seller is down to £68. The rallye cars cost about £56 including postage so its not much of a profit really. More hassle especially if faulty cars are arriving.

T

#45 OFFLINE   neon-rc

neon-rc

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

im not going to send the models to them and then send a bill for the shipping, because then i could still end up without the shipping being paid for!
still no email but ill put this down to it being the weekend, will check again monday
Who needs paint?

#46 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,823 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

View PostBiblitect, on 22 February 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

View PostCraig T, on 22 February 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

I think he bought direct from OTTO - all resellers run the risk of having damaged / faulty goods on their hands...

Right. But, at least you have a retailer in your corner who might be willing to go to bat against the manufacturer. By going through OTTO directly, you have no one in your corner when a deal goes bad (i.e. neon-rc's situation). And, OTTO most likely isn't going to be intimidated by one upset customer. However, OTTO might go out of their way to make things right if one of their retailers/carriers threatened to stop carrying their sketchy products. :twocents:

Well, I hope that neon-rc is able to get this issue resolved. It sucks to be out of money and a model... and it sucks even more to know that the manufacturer really does not have your best interest at heart. I don't think that I will be giving them any of my business, nor will I recommend them to anyone else in this hobby.
Very true Matthew, there is that - the main re sellers are big big players so could drop selling their models at the drop of a hat. To be fair to OTTO though, they do seem to have customer satisfaction at the heart of their operation, shame that lately their QC is really bad!

View PostOldirtybastard, on 24 February 2013 - 08:46 AM, said:

Craig T

The reason sellers have to charge £80 plus for them is ebay/paypal take near on 15% of the total sale/postage price.

£80 means - minus £8 ebay fees then minus approx £4 to paypal. Seller is down to £68. The rallye cars cost about £56 including postage so its not much of a profit really. More hassle especially if faulty cars are arriving.

T
No mate, the reason is because they are greedy, they place massive orders on them on pre-order to totally screw over actual collectors! By the time they come out they're already sold out & most of us have no choice but to give the £80 the re-sellers are asking  :rolleyes:  Also, remember that re sellers don't pay the prices on OTTO's website, they get trade price.

Posted Image

#47 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

View PostCraig T, on 24 February 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

Very true Matthew, there is that - the main re sellers are big big players so could drop selling their models at the drop of a hat. To be fair to OTTO though, they do seem to have customer satisfaction at the heart of their operation, shame that lately their QC is really bad!

Good! I am relieved to hear that. I've never dealt with OTTO before, so this is all a bit new to me. I have, however, been burned badly by Exoto. Thus, I tend to get up in arms whenever I see one of these die-cast makers jerking at the chains of good hobbyists.  :occasion14:

#48 OFFLINE   BMW Fan

BMW Fan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,253 posts
  • Interests:Commercial Aviation, Cars, Food, Traveling
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, AutoArt, Minichamps (in their glory days)

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

You may have experienced a different side of Otto's customer service.

When my M3 GT's were flawed, I contacted their customer service rep, and was quite frustrated. Day after day, I found myself getting "cookie-cutter" responses. The responses never really answered my questions fully and I would have to respond back. It took more than two weeks of a sending a message a day to get them to send two replacements.
Recent Additions:

AUTOart BMW E46 M3 CSL (Black)
AUTOart Lexus LFA (Matte Black)

Posted Image

#49 OFFLINE   Oldirtybastard

Oldirtybastard

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 156 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

I think it depends on how much you spend with them too. If you remind them that you spend about £300 with them most months they usually respond nicely.

The service has improved and I hope it stays that way.

T

#50 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,823 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:09 AM

View PostBMW Fan, on 24 February 2013 - 09:04 PM, said:

You may have experienced a different side of Otto's customer service.

When my M3 GT's were flawed, I contacted their customer service rep, and was quite frustrated. Day after day, I found myself getting "cookie-cutter" responses. The responses never really answered my questions fully and I would have to respond back. It took more than two weeks of a sending a message a day to get them to send two replacements.
I know that it is frustrating, but they're taking resposibility (as they should imo) When the M5 models came out with mistakes & breakages they were quick to issue a statement announcing what had happened, why it happened & how sorry they were about it & how they hoped to improve.

All in all I think they want their customers to be happy etc. I've never had a problem with a model exactly (I have spoken to them before though) but I do read the stories (good and bad) about them & how they set out to improve things.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use