DiecastXchange Forum banner

c110 skyline gt without r

9K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  rockabillydude 
#1 ·
for those who dont know yet this is how the skyline kenmeri coupe looks without gtr package

mine will most likely be a pearly off white

See less See more
#2 ·
Looking forward to seeing more of your project, Should be another great DX custom build....

#12 ·
This is a first i never knew this model existed, anyways yours looks outstanding i love it. I dont mean to steal you post or anything but i just wanted to let you know that this post inspired me to make this.

let me know what you think (big fan of your work)

#14 ·
Looking better, but not a fan of the way the wheels look. It is a personal thing but I think the Skyline would look great with just a normal wheel/suspension set up.

#18 ·
i`l redo the trunk lid soon and get me a new one like this

good thing i have acces to 3d printing and scanning techniques on my new school maybe i`d be capable of producing some nice lil goodies like a yonmeri transkit(that would make me the happiest guy alive)

#20 ·
MAN i have got to get one of these (once i get the cash)Those two look great together and I hope you don't mind if I ask two questions.
Do the wheels still roll?
How did you get that camber?
I just super glue the wheels to the wheel well which stinks :/
Anyways I love this model hope to see more!!!

#21 ·
thanks man!

they still streer but dont roll anymore
the skylines have 2 piece wheels by taking out the iner bushing and replacing that with putty i can mount them on any camber i like and still use the original parts(how to coming soon)

my next skyline plan would be to make a 4 door version of either the hako or kenmeri using 3d printing.

#25 · (Edited by Moderator)
time to refresh this one!

i used a razor to cut the gtr badge of a taillight panel so i can put a gt-x badge there instead or another lower trim level skyline badge.

i also made some nice parcel shelf speakers, redid the body a bit lowered it and the engine will become an ancient hks blowthrough carburated turbo setup for the l series

#26 · (Edited by Moderator)
so i did some assembly work today, all it needs now is an engine, plates and some minor stuff.

if you want to lower a kyosho skyline here`s how to!
first you disassemble the model. then you screw out the screws indicated with the red arrows. if you place a filler ring in between the crew an the strut tower it pushes the wheels up in the wheel wells without having to cut springs

that was the back, now for the front!

if you want to do this the easy way all you need to do is compress the suspension and place a little bushing below the wheel mount part.
as indicated by the red arrows.

and there you have it a rolling AND steering lowered kenmeri!

#27 ·
made another few steps with the l-series transplant.

looks right at home eh?

now to make the HKS surge tank

this HKS turbo kit was if i am correct the first aftermarket turbo kit ever and it made a 40% power increase from the stock l-series with SU carburators.

this is the one i`m making

this is the version two that was made differently so it would work with triple carbs and an intercooler could be built in easyer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.