Your partner's opinion..

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

Poll: What does your partner think of your collection? (229 member(s) have cast votes)

What does your partner think of your collection?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Guest_Aipex_*

Guest_Aipex_*

Posted 14 March 2004 - 06:24 AM

My girlfriend loves diecasts, has a little collection of her own actually. She loves going to toy stores and hobbie stores with me to look for cars. I just bought her Autoart's Mini Cooper S with the optional body kit (skirts, foglights, etc.).

Shhhh, it's a surprise, she doesn't know I bought it for her yet.  :giggle Ever since she saw the new Italian Job she's been crazy about the "modified" looking Minis.

I just ordered an RX-8 and 350Z for myself, and I have a feeling she's going to try to take the Z home with her when I'm not looking because she loves that car. She's the best.  :danbanna

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#27 OFFLINE   MockingBird

MockingBird

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,873 posts
  • Interests:sleep...
  • Favorite Brands:明日花キララ
  • Proud Citizen of: sg

Posted 14 March 2004 - 06:24 AM

my gf doesn;t seem to like me spending so much on em....
i think i should divert some spending on her instead though..... she doesn't seem to mind THAT much after that :P
Posted Image

Visit Garage36!!!

#28 OFFLINE   Ducati-900SS

Ducati-900SS

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 8,810 posts
  • Interests:Muscle Cars, Guitar Playing, Sportbikes, Woodworking and Plastic Model Kit Building
  • Favorite Brands:Minichamps
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 09 December 2004 - 06:49 PM

My wife is OK with it!  I collect motorcycles now after collecting Funline's MM's.  She digs classic muscle so I might have to get her a 1/18 version of the Chevelle she always wanted.  It may not be the 1:1, but it's a start!!!

:cheers
Duc

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How To's, Facts and FAQ

Posted Image

Click HERE for my 1:1 Plymouth 'Cuda restoration project

Later in the evening, you lie awake in bed; With the echoes of the amplifiers ringing in your head; You smoke the day's last cigarette, remembering what she said... - Turn the Page by Bob Seger

#29 OFFLINE   Speedfiend

Speedfiend

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,856 posts
  • Interests:Acting, movies, 1:18th scale street model cars, James Bond, clothing, watches, & REAL cars.
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart!

Posted 10 December 2004 - 07:37 PM

I haven't had a girlfriend since ~July, but when she and I were dating, she didn't seem to mind much.  I'd go all dork on her and point out all the details of my AUTOart Mach I for instance and she'd just be like, "Cool."  Maybe that's I'm single now...  :lol
"Guess what. I've got a fever. And the only prescription is more diecast!"

Posted Image

#30 OFFLINE   lazard

lazard

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Proud Citizen of: cz

Posted 14 December 2004 - 08:29 AM

My wife is not interested in my collecting at all but she wants me not to spend so much money (the models are expensive in my country) for it. I have bigger support from my 3-year old daughter who like the models very much - I must soon buy her the 1959 Buick ambulance by Precission Miniatures because she likes ambulances.

#31 OFFLINE   redleaf

redleaf

Not so newbie anymore ;)

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 213 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC

Posted 08 January 2005 - 03:35 AM

A couple of days ago, i heard something i was really afraid to hear... My girlfriend told me "Hey, there is way too much cars in your room!" I was already imagining myself drooling at this forum and not able to buy... Then she added "Let's buy a couple of shelves at my place so you can put some there!" I felt so relieved :giggle
Posted Image

#32 Guest_timbo333_*

Guest_timbo333_*

Posted 18 February 2005 - 08:44 AM

I don't know.....................i haven't asked her.  :giggle  :giggle

She occassionaly shakes her head and gives me a sad look......too bad i say.  :wink

Timbo.

Edited by timbo333, 21 February 2005 - 10:45 PM.

#33 OFFLINE   StygianMax

StygianMax

Silver Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 18,387 posts
  • Interests:Most vehicles with wheels....just not shopping carts.
  • Favorite Brands:None at the moment
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 18 February 2005 - 09:42 AM

redleaf, on Jan 8 2005, 04:35 AM, said:

A couple of days ago, i heard something i was really afraid to hear... My girlfriend told me "Hey, there is way too much cars in your room!" I was already imagining myself drooling at this forum and not able to buy... Then she added "Let's buy a couple of shelves at my place so you can put some there!" I felt so relieved :giggle

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awesome!  What can I say but félicitations!!  :cheers
Felix (Click banner to see my diecast website)

Posted Image

#34 Guest_Getter 3_*

Guest_Getter 3_*

Posted 10 August 2005 - 06:58 PM

redleaf, on Jan 8 2005, 03:35 AM, said:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sounds like a sweet gal.  That's how it should be - loving and supportive.   :nicejob  :cheers

#35 Guest_Mr Vercetti_*

Guest_Mr Vercetti_*

Posted 10 August 2005 - 07:37 PM

I have been back in this great hobby since late 2003, and between then and now i have had 2 relationships with girls (at different times of coruse  :giggle not both at once) and both hated me buying any.

But did i care?

Did i heck :lol

#36 Guest_Vatabot_*

Guest_Vatabot_*

Posted 11 August 2005 - 03:59 AM

MockingBird, on Mar 14 2004, 01:24 PM, said:

my gf doesn;t seem to like me spending so much on em....
i think i should divert some spending on her instead though..... she doesn't seem to mind THAT much after that :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That sounds familiar to me !! She prefers I spend my money on buying presents for her than diecasts for me !!
By the way, she had once offered me an awesome 1/43  Renault 5 Alpine (which was my last 1/1) for my birthday and I was very very please so I think she doesn't mind if I am collecting or having interest in diecasts but she is becoming upset by the size of it (but only 35 models !!).
But globally I can't really complain.

Edited by Vatabot, 11 August 2005 - 04:01 AM.

#37 Guest_Vatabot_*

Guest_Vatabot_*

Posted 11 August 2005 - 03:59 AM

I agree with Felix redleaf, félicitations pour ta petite amie !! That is the way to go !!

Edited by Vatabot, 11 August 2005 - 04:01 AM.

#38 Guest_Vatabot_*

Guest_Vatabot_*

Posted 11 August 2005 - 04:00 AM

I find it is an awesome thread !! And I am also surprised to see that a big part of the GF or BF like their partner's hobby !

Edited by Vatabot, 11 August 2005 - 04:03 AM.

#39 Guest_BURN_*

Guest_BURN_*

Posted 11 August 2005 - 05:01 AM

I cant say that she doesn't mind that I collect so much. Bu she does encourage me on ONLY certain models...

but as everyone else, she prefers that I would spend so much money for more presents rather than my models :giggle

P.s. She did give me 4 excellent models till now! :danbana

#40 OFFLINE   mosteller

mosteller

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,848 posts
  • Interests:Primarily post -WWII and pre-1980 sports cars and road racing cars.
  • Favorite Brands:CMC

Posted 15 August 2005 - 10:18 PM

My wife (of 19 yrs.) certainly doesn't mind and at times may even even show appreciation for a certain model. However, as I have said before, the secret to a happy marriage for a DX addict is to make sure your spouse has a more expensive hobby! :cheers  For my wife it's dog shows. She shows miniture Greyhounds and is off to some show about every other weekend.

Another nice thing about DX: models don't eat, bark or need to see a vet! :giggle
Bob
Age and treachery will always overcome youth and ambition.

#41 OFFLINE   mattdesign

mattdesign

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 1,888 posts
  • Interests:Cars, designs, snow sports, and films
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart vs Kyosho

Posted 04 September 2005 - 09:42 AM

My girlfriend likes the diecast cars I bring home. Most of the time, we open the packages together and look at the models. She knows know what an Exoto is  :giggle

However, she is a bit concerned about the amount of space it takes to display them, especially when we are going to move in together soon. Some how, I con'ed her into giving me a whole wall in the LIVING ROOM of the house  :cheers

Posted Image

#42 OFFLINE   SWB

SWB

• DX Community
  • 91 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CC

Posted 06 October 2005 - 02:14 AM

As many of the replies have said my fiance would prefer me to save the money so that we could afford our wedding but she allows me to collect because she knows i enjoy it, but she doesnt like seeing all that money spent on 1 car.

#43 OFFLINE   Cuda Jeff

Cuda Jeff

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,512 posts
  • Interests:Movie & TV vehicles, Police cars
  • Favorite Brands:Hot Wheels Cult Classics
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:26 AM

I though I had already reply in this topic.....but I don't see my post...anyway...

Well for me, it fits well because my girlfriend is a crazy collector too.

She collects everything she can find with TAZ (Looney Tunes Tazmanian Devil) on it. Glass, cups, clocks, jewels, flags, licence plates, towels, plushes, slippers......I think you get the picture!!!! Up-to-date, her collection holds 417 DIFFERENT items!

So....she's really supportive and understands my passion for cars very well....I'm just afraid of what our house could look like if we get one together.... :lol

Edited by Cuda Jeff, 09 November 2005 - 02:28 AM.

**** Click my banner to see my entire 1/18 collection ****

**THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE 365,000+ VIEWS**

Posted Image

#44 Guest_BURN_*

Guest_BURN_*

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:42 AM

Cuda Jeff, on Nov 9 2005, 09:26 AM, said:

I though I had already reply in this topic.....but I don't see my post...anyway...

Well for me, it fits well because my girlfriend is a crazy collector too.

She collects everything she can find with TAZ (Looney Tunes Tazmanian Devil) on it. Glass, cups, clocks, jewels, flags, licence plates, towels, plushes, slippers......I think you get the picture!!!! Up-to-date, her collection holds 417 DIFFERENT items!

So....she's really supportive and understands my passion for cars very well....I'm just afraid of what our house could look like if we get one together.... :lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats gonna be one LONG display cabinet :giggle

#45 OFFLINE   joeyo387

joeyo387

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Number of Models:30
  • Favorite Brands:...

Posted 16 January 2008 - 09:25 PM

My girlfriend likes looking and asking questions, and has even bought me one. My models are at my place though, so if she ever becomes a wife, they could become a point of contention.
A focused or planned collection can tell a story, while a random collection talks mostly about the collector. Neither is better than the other, it's personal choice - Woobs
Posted Image
My Fastest Cars in History collection and my BMW Motorsport collection.

#46 Guest_Bugattitude_*

Guest_Bugattitude_*

Posted 17 January 2008 - 05:37 AM

The only time Heather and I argue is about what is to go where in a diorama !
Seriously, we have a wonderful relationship that has lasted 24 years, no bickering, no arguments, no bull.
But come the dios and her lawyers start rubbing their greedy little hands !!!Attached File  RantExplode.gif   13.36K   3 downloads
I guess you could call that over supportive  :lol
Wonderful to have that feminine touch so normally I just buckle down and do it half her way and half mine, lol.Compromise see!
Hen pecked, me???? Nah !!!! :dizzy
:zoom

BTW ! That gents toilet going into the T35 dio.....Heathers insistance !!
Wasted 1/8 th of my workshop floor !!!! Attached File  banghead.gif   904bytes   4 downloads
Darn, there were nearly divorce proceedings !!!

Edited by Bugattitude, 17 January 2008 - 05:47 AM.

#47 Guest_92camarodude_*

Guest_92camarodude_*

Posted 17 January 2008 - 11:18 PM

Well i cant say i have a wife so i will say mother. Well she realy does not care but now she doe's. couze the dining room tabel has cars all over it fireplace cars all in front of it my room cars all over. And i say let's get a case she sas no. But i went to wall mart and found a nice $15 doller case and she sas we will see if we have the room. And im like we would if we get the case. :confused LOL

#48 Guest_Bugattitude_*

Guest_Bugattitude_*

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:38 AM

See, compromise.
:lol

#49 OFFLINE   118supercars

118supercars

• DX Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 5,483 posts
  • Interests:Cars, photography, nature/outdoors.
  • Number of Models:60
  • Favorite Brands:none

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:39 AM

I don't have a girlfriend, but my mom and sister are OK with it.
Posted Image

#50 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Die-cast Happy Clappy!

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,955 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho,GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:05 PM

HONEST AL - it's NOT me 'resurrecting' these threads 'undercover of the night'!!!  :twocents:

However i've now voted, and it would seem to me that the wifey (Mair) is happy enough now i've created the 'Wormhole in my Wardrobe' and has even suggested that she looks after the grandchild this weekend while i do some more photos!!!  :occasion14:   :coolpics:

MOTORHEAD - 21ST CENTURY - MOTORHEAD ALRIGHT!!!

Fast Eddy's

Weddings........................and .....................FUNERALS!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use