DiecastXchange Forum banner

Cmc Bugatti type 35

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  CarNut 
#1 ·
Hello gents,
Has onyone tried ( successfully ) to correct the extreme positive camber of the CMC Bugatti T 35?
Can you please explain how you managed?
Thanks in advance.
BTW, CMC has corrected this on the new T 35 models

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Eric, the CMC Bugatti Type 35's are great cars arn't they? I have now 4 of them and I'm planning on finish collecting the whole nation colours series : ) I only have the problem with the original sky blue M-063 version and I suppose your one too, all the rest of my nation colours Type 35's are all free from the extreme positive cambers..

I do not know if any other memebers have fixed this issue with their own solutions and shared before however, this is what I have done to fix my extreme camber on the M-063, you need to prepare and do the following:

0) ask yourself: are you brave enough? If yes then read on, if no let it be and accept it as it is..
1) prepare a pair of long nose plyer (make sure the nose is not too fat or too long) even better if you can find the automotive circlip plyers where the plyer nose are round on either sides
2) you can use electrical tape to tape up the nose tips a few rounds of the plyer (this is to protect the paint on the arm)
3) fit the plyer just like my example photo and squeeze and rotate the plyer to counter the extreme positive camber, but do it very little by little, till the camber is to the point that you want. (The arm is made of metal however DO NOT apply too much force at first). I did check out some photos of the historical photos that there were quite a bit of positive camber on the real car, I only adjusted mine a tiny fraction (still a bit of positive chamber) and that makes all the difference to the stance of the model..
4) you might have to touch up the silver paint on the axle arm a little bit after the adjustment..

Note: Left hand side is easy, but the right hand side you need to take extreme care, first by turning the steering wheel so the steering linkage is clear of the main axle arm and then use the plyer to do the adjustment.. Remember adjust little by little! and check it after every tiny bit of adjustment you make..

Hope this helps..

This is what I have done to adjust mine to share the experience with you. If you want to try it, it is completely at your own risk...

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Man... Now that is one very helpful bit of information indeed...

You are very brave to do this, I would be terrified....

Just been looking through some pics... Man this is some crazy camber!!

#4 ·
Wow, did not expect such a swift respons! Thanks a lot CarNut!
I've completed this minor adjustment according to your instructions and T35 looks great now!
Still some positive camber but not that extreme.
However I didn't manage to replicate that lovely CMC shiny silver finish on the axle arm.
Still worth the effort.
Much appreciated!

#5 ·
Hi eric, glad you have made done it without problems. You can try wrapping a fine cotton bud with a small piece of 900-1000 wet and dry sandpaper and sand the arms a little, and just touch up of the shiny paint finish with Tamiya X11 enamel paint pots with fine cotton bud and you will be fine and you won't really notice the adjustment....

Come on, share with us the photo of your T35 : )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.