• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Ryan

Ryan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,797 posts
  • Interests:Cars and living life to the full
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Kyosho, FrontiArt..... Well anything except minichamps
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:59 AM

Just received my bugatti sang noir. Took it out of the box and noticed a problem straight away.

The front wheel is inverted to hell. It doesn't look as bad on these pics, but in real life it looks shocking.
Posted Image
Posted Image

How the front wheel should be
Posted Image

Now I don't know what to do. It's been sent all the way from the Netherlands, so it's gonna be hassle to send it back. But every time I'm looking at that wheel it's making my stomach go. It's really really annoying me and I'm starting to hate the model now. And I payed 200 for this thing.
Any help or advice please?? I don't think it can be fixed at all :(

Cheers.

You can see the angle on it a bit better by here

Posted Image
Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   OkaAdrindra

OkaAdrindra

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 102 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of:id

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:03 AM

so sorry to hear that ryan, i hope there's someone who can help you..

#3 OFFLINE   giamino

giamino

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 2,862 posts
  • Favorite Brands:kyosho, maisto, bbr
  • Proud Citizen of:my

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:03 AM

Sorry to hear that. Is something broken? Does the wheel turn or rotate? If it's broken then I think sending it back would probably be the best option.

#4 OFFLINE   Diego Villavicencio

Diego Villavicencio

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 1,662 posts
  • Favorite Brands:MR, Frontiart, AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of:ec

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:05 AM

How freaking awful! I would contact the seller immediately. I hope he offers you a partial refund, and if he doesn't well you can ask for it. But if he doesn't want to, the only thing you can do is keep the model and put him a negative feedback or return the model and lose a lot of shipping money, leaving negative feedback as well. What a bad thing honestly

Edited by Diego Villavicencio, 02 December 2013 - 07:07 AM.

Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   Ryan

Ryan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,797 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Kyosho, FrontiArt..... Well anything except minichamps

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:09 AM

It's not broken. The wheel rotates fine. It was the way it was put on the car when it was being made. It's stuck in that inverted position. Even when I place it on the ground the weight of the model doesn't straighten the wheel out.
I'm very very disheartened :(

Can't leave negative feedback either, I bought it from carmodelz.com

I hope my wrc veyron doesn't arrive like this!!!
Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   Diego Villavicencio

Diego Villavicencio

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:10 AM

Like a month ago I sold a Murcielago Roadster Concept. The seller received it with a little part broken which was totally fixable. He immediately demanded a partial refund of $30. I had to do it, but I offered $25 instead

OH not via eBay???? Then................... I really don't know

Posted Image

#7 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Interests:Theology, motoring, and art
  • Favorite Brands:Spark, HPI, Bizarre, and Premium ClassiXXs
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:23 AM

Very frustrating, Ryan.

But, if I were you, I would attempt to mend this car rather than waste the time and money to send it back. It's really not worth the trouble, in my opinion. There has got to be a way to adjust that tire... somehow.

Perhaps you could contact someone in the DX community that is good at customizing? I'm sure that somewhere here in our modifying department could give your car a proper alignment. :twocents:

#8 OFFLINE   Ryan

Ryan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:28 AM

There's no way it can be fixed I'm afraid, Mathew :(
It's not the tire. It's the whole wheel, it's been fixed in place like that. There's no way it can be moved.

I've contacted carmodelz and they have said that they will refund me the shipping if I return it, and they will send me another one.
He wants pics aswel so he can inform AUTOart about it.

You said the right word "frustrating" that's how I feel, I was really anticipating having this model and its dodgy.

The rest of the car is perfect though. That's what disappoints me even more.
Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,540 posts
  • Interests:Pink supercars and ugly French cars
  • Number of Models:175
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:28 AM

I think you have to return it. You have no idea if it will lead to complete suspension failure and the wheel comes off. Then it is really ruined.

#10 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,233 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:35 AM

View PostRyan, on 02 December 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

There's no way it can be fixed I'm afraid, Mathew :(
It's not the tire. It's the whole wheel, it's been fixed in place like that. There's no way it can be moved.

I've contacted carmodelz and they have said that they will refund me the shipping if I return it, and they will send me another one.
He wants pics aswel so he can inform AUTOart about it.

You said the right word "frustrating" that's how I feel, I was really anticipating having this model and its dodgy.

The rest of the car is perfect though. That's what disappoints me even more.
Rob is a fair bloke, hope you get a new one soon.

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#11 OFFLINE   Ryan

Ryan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:35 AM

Yeah that's good thinking. Best to send it back before it gets worse..I'll have my breakfast and send it back
Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,233 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:40 AM

View PostDiego Villavicencio, on 02 December 2013 - 07:05 AM, said:

How freaking awful! I would contact the seller immediately. I hope he offers you a partial refund, and if he doesn't well you can ask for it. But if he doesn't want to, the only thing you can do is keep the model and put him a negative feedback or return the model and lose a lot of shipping money, leaving negative feedback as well. What a bad thing honestly
It's not the sellers fault at all! It's AUTOart & their crap QC!!

I hate the part refund culture, either accept the thing or send it back. People who look to get money back for things that the manufacturer screwed up really suck!! They are sucking the life out of the hobby!

Also, I know this wasn't an ebay sale - but if it were & I received a negative from someone for something that was nothing to do with me I'd be livid!! absolutely fuming!!!

View PostDiego Villavicencio, on 02 December 2013 - 07:10 AM, said:

Like a month ago I sold a Murcielago Roadster Concept. The seller received it with a little part broken which was totally fixable. He immediately demanded a partial refund of $30. I had to do it, but I offered $25 instead

Imo you should have told them to jump!

Posted Image

#13 OFFLINE   Diego Villavicencio

Diego Villavicencio

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:11 AM

View PostCraig, on 02 December 2013 - 07:40 AM, said:

I hate the part refund culture, either accept the thing or send it back. People who look to get money back for things that the manufacturer screwed up really suck!! They are sucking the life out of the hobby!

Also, I know this wasn't an ebay sale - but if it were & I received a negative from someone for something that was nothing to do with me I'd be livid!! absolutely fuming!!!

I actually don't like to ask for money when this stuffs happens. I NEVER do that, I remember receiving a completely broken model and another one incorrect by the same seller and he was here. We talked about it at "what did you buy today?" and he never refunded anything or send me the right box and certificate of the second model, and I didn't ask for it either. Most of the times I just suck it up. I receive a lot of models with some damages, but as long they are fixable I don't care. What I'm trying to say is when I receive a model with a fault which I know THE SELLER KNEW and he just didn't say anything at their listing, that's when I agree when you should receive a partial refund because you payed for a condition model and received another one. In this case, I thought he bought the model from eBay, that's why I thought the seller should knew about the fault. I also didn't knew it was AUTOart mistake, I thought the seller sold the model because of this, trying to get rid of it

Posted Image

#14 OFFLINE   Ryan

Ryan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

Thanks, Craig. Rob is a decent bloke.
It's funny because when I bought it I asked then to check over it before they ship it, which they did.
And it was a fault on the model that they wouldn't have seen while it was still screwed to the styrofoam base.
I only noticed it after I unscrewed it. My heart sank haha
Posted Image

#15 Guest_BMW633CSI_*

Guest_BMW633CSI_*

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:14 AM

If they offer to refund return shipping, take it and send the model back. Simple.
It would be a cold day in hell when I complain about a model like that and then pay for return shipping.
That's like getting double slammed for someone not doing their job right.

Any discussion and drama? Pick it up with your credit card company. They'll refund your money real quick. :twocents:

I wasn't aware I was one of those sucking the life out of the hobby, I just accepted a partial refund on a model that wasn't up to snuff.
Both seller and manufacturer but made out like bandits on my willingness to keep the model at reduced price.

What's sucking the life out of the hobby is to release crap and have improper quality control on models that the buyer, by any means, has a RIGHT to expect to be perfect. If I am buying a Maisto model, its something different but hell, its getting tiring when Maisto releases better models without so many flaws. God knows these clowns charge god darn good money for this stuff. Its a business, they should get their act together or get the hell out of the way.

Right now, we're experiencing a drop in quality for added pricing. No need to be in the hobby if that's expected standard.

So, manufacturers and dealers are well advised to QC their models better, rather than selling and releasing stuff like this to the guy with the credit card.

Good luck with your Veyron, Ryan. I am sure you'll get this sorted out with the seller. Sounds/ looks like a good company to deal with.

Edited by BMW633CSI, 02 December 2013 - 09:15 AM.

#16 OFFLINE   Ryan

Ryan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:27 AM

Cheers, BMW633CSI. :)
I just sent the model off now, it cost me £18 and it will take 5 days, so I wing have another veyron now till next week. :(

Rob from carmodelz said he will refund me the postage so that's fine.
It wasn't his fault anyway, there's no way he could have known it was a dud.

It's AUTOart who I'm pissed off at!  Why do they keep sending crap out?

I've had 3 Zonda R's, 3 koenigsegg CCX's, and 2 Reventon's, all because I was sent faulty ones... I like AUTOart, they make the models I want at the detail level I want, but honest to god every time I buy one I'm terrified until it arrives.
My bleu centenaire and my mclaren F1 were both perfect, so I started to think AUTOart got they're QC sorted. Obv not.

Oh yeah, and my Aventador arrived with only one bonnet hinge holding it on, but I never sent it back.

I'm not as big into this hobby like before, and things like this just puts me off even more.
Posted Image

#17 OFFLINE   - Sunny -

- Sunny -

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 761 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Super Car Collector

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:27 AM

sorry to hear when you spend that much money you dont expect this......when they send you out another one ask them to take detailed pictures of the whole car and send you them before they send it out to you again....it happened to me once.
My Collection So Far....Click ===> ME :nice:
Posted Image
Projects: MB A-Class "Night Editon" | MB SLS AMG | Lamborghini Gallardo Bicolore

- Sunny -

#18 OFFLINE   brambo009

brambo009

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Cars and Call Of Duty
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Kyosho, HWE, Frontiart, TSM/Spark
  • Proud Citizen of:be

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:43 AM

That sucks :/ Let's hope the next one is perfect  :hope:
My bleu Centenaire has a 3mm positive camber :gaah:
I should have bought the sang noir(€150) or pur sang(€200!!) they had at the AUTOart booth at Essen...
Latest adds:
Bugatti Veyron Vitesse MR
Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series GT Spirit
Ford GT 2017 TSM/Topspeed
Mercedes Benz G63 AMG 6X6 AUTOart

#19 OFFLINE   Diego Villavicencio

Diego Villavicencio

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:44 AM

View PostBMW633CSI, on 02 December 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

If they offer to refund return shipping, take it and send the model back. Simple.
It would be a cold day in hell when I complain about a model like that and then pay for return shipping.
That's like getting double slammed for someone not doing their job right.

Any discussion and drama? Pick it up with your credit card company. They'll refund your money real quick. Posted Image

I wasn't aware I was one of those sucking the life out of the hobby, I just accepted a partial refund on a model that wasn't up to snuff.
Both seller and manufacturer but made out like bandits on my willingness to keep the model at reduced price.

What's sucking the life out of the hobby is to release crap and have improper quality control on models that the buyer, by any means, has a RIGHT to expect to be perfect. If I am buying a Maisto model, its something different but hell, its getting tiring when Maisto releases better models without so many flaws. God knows these clowns charge god darn good money for this stuff. Its a business, they should get their act together or get the hell out of the way.

Right now, we're experiencing a drop in quality for added pricing. No need to be in the hobby if that's expected standard.

So, manufacturers and dealers are well advised to QC their models better, rather than selling and releasing stuff like this to the guy with the credit card.

Good luck with your Veyron, Ryan. I am sure you'll get this sorted out with the seller. Sounds/ looks like a good company to deal with.

Exactly my point. Now good luck Ryan

Posted Image

#20 OFFLINE   wrx_triggerhappy

wrx_triggerhappy

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 4,946 posts
  • Number of Models:Lost count
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, ERTL, SC, Greenlight

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:48 AM

Sorry to hear about the wheel issue Ryan but you did the right thing and went to Rob directly. He's a great guy overall and they communicate so quickly. Don't be disheartened but we all do need to accept that these models are made by humans so there will always be a % in error. Course we've beaten the AUTOart QC to death and back but I hear you and agree, sometimes they just have to make the extra effort to ensure quality to price.

Chin up. Have a pint and look at the the rest of the collection.  :occasion14:

Posted Image

Sam

Recent Additions:
Not much since the wife controls me and the money and the 93 octane isn't cheap!

my collection

#21 OFFLINE   Ryan

Ryan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:00 AM

Thanks, Diego and WRX :)

It always seems to be AUTOart though, every Minichamps, BBR and kyosho I've ever had has been fine.

And now to make my day even worse, I've just found out my bearded dragon has got an infection and needs the vet. :(
Posted Image

#22 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,233 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:08 AM

View PostDiego Villavicencio, on 02 December 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

I actually don't like to ask for money when this stuffs happens. I NEVER do that, I remember receiving a completely broken model and another one incorrect by the same seller and he was here. We talked about it at "what did you buy today?" and he never refunded anything or send me the right box and certificate of the second model, and I didn't ask for it either. Most of the times I just suck it up. I receive a lot of models with some damages, but as long they are fixable I don't care. What I'm trying to say is when I receive a model with a fault which I know THE SELLER KNEW and he just didn't say anything at their listing, that's when I agree when you should receive a partial refund because you payed for a condition model and received another one. In this case, I thought he bought the model from eBay, that's why I thought the seller should knew about the fault. I also didn't knew it was AUTOart mistake, I thought the seller sold the model because of this, trying to get rid of it
That's your choice - but if I was in that situation I'd ask to return it. There is no point not receiving what you think you should be getting.

The second part I do not agree with one bit!! if the seller knew it wasn't as listed, return it !! Don't try and chip them for a part refund, that part absolutely sucks!! You either want it or you don't!!

I'll use an item I recently purchased as an example - it said "good condition" I asked the seller if it had any problems etc, they said "Perfect" it came & had glue on it, did I try & chip them for money off ? no way!! I told them about it & offered up pics & asked to return it. Then sent it back.

Posted Image

#23 OFFLINE   Diego Villavicencio

Diego Villavicencio

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 1,662 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:34 AM

View PostCraig, on 02 December 2013 - 11:08 AM, said:

View PostDiego Villavicencio, on 02 December 2013 - 08:11 AM, said:

That's your choice - but if I was in that situation I'd ask to return it. There is no point not receiving what you think you should be getting.

The second part I do not agree with one bit!! if the seller knew it wasn't as listed, return it !! Don't try and chip them for a part refund, that part absolutely sucks!! You either want it or you don't!!

I'll use an item I recently purchased as an example - it said "good condition" I asked the seller if it had any problems etc, they said "Perfect" it came & had glue on it, did I try & chip them for money off ? no way!! I told them about it & offered up pics & asked to return it. Then sent it back.

That's the thing. I don't know any seller who pays for return shipping. I prefer receiving a partial refund because of their mistake than spend $50 - $70 to return a model. I would be losing a lot of money just because they sent a broken or whatever item and that's not fair to any of us

If I would live in the US and the shipping cost $10, of course I'll return every broken model (if the purchase is in the States as well), but we all buy from international seller don't we?

Also, sellers prefer giving $20 - $30 of refund than paying $50 - $70 of return shipping if the buyer is ok with that

Posted Image

#24 OFFLINE   BMW Fan

BMW Fan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,253 posts
  • Interests:Commercial Aviation, Cars, Food, Traveling
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, AutoArt, Minichamps (in their glory days)

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:04 PM

I just got my Sang Noir Veyron today. It doesn't have the issues mentioned above, but the EB logo on the back is already unglued at one corner. There was no protective film over the logo for some reason. The magnifying glass/door opener tool is also missing.

Edited by BMW Fan, 02 December 2013 - 05:15 PM.

Recent Additions:

AUTOart BMW E46 M3 CSL (Black)
AUTOart Lexus LFA (Matte Black)

Posted Image

#25 OFFLINE   E Rod_017

E Rod_017

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,238 posts
  • Interests:Cars cars and more cars
  • Favorite Brands:Anything that has great detail for low prices

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostBMW Fan, on 02 December 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

I just got my Sang Noir Veyron today. It doesn't have the issues mentioned above, but the EB logo on the back is already unglued at one corner. There was no protective film over the logo for some reason. The magnifying glass/door opener tool is also missing.
Same here my SS arrived the same way,no damage but no door opener tool thank god I have 3 already
TO SEE MY COLLECTION CLICK RIGHT HERE!!!
THANKS FOR THE 20,000 VIEWS!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use