• This topic is locked This topic is locked
108 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   BMW Fan

BMW Fan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Interests:Commercial Aviation, Cars, Food, Traveling
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, AutoArt, Minichamps (in their glory days)
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostE Rod_017, on 02 December 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

View PostBMW Fan, on 02 December 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

I just got my Sang Noir Veyron today. It doesn't have the issues mentioned above, but the EB logo on the back is already unglued at one corner. There was no protective film over the logo for some reason. The magnifying glass/door opener tool is also missing.
Same here my SS arrived the same way,no damage but no door opener tool thank god I have 3 already
I've got a couple myself, but I don't have the AutoArt ones. Was their a clear film on your EB logo? I was surprised that mine didn't have one. It came from a sealed box too.

Edited by BMW Fan, 02 December 2013 - 05:37 PM.

Recent Additions:

AUTOart BMW E46 M3 CSL (Black)
AUTOart Lexus LFA (Matte Black)

Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#27 OFFLINE   Ryan

Ryan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,678 posts
  • Interests:Cars and living life to the full
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Kyosho, FrontiArt..... Well anything except minichamps
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:39 PM

My sang noir never had the door opener or the cleaning cloth.
Can't remember if it had anything covering the EB badge.
Posted Image

#28 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,036 posts
  • Interests:Theology, motoring, and art
  • Favorite Brands:Spark, HPI, Bizarre, and Premium ClassiXXs

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:38 PM

View PostRyan, on 02 December 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

There's no way it can be fixed I'm afraid, Mathew :(
It's not the tire. It's the whole wheel, it's been fixed in place like that. There's no way it can be moved.

I've contacted carmodelz and they have said that they will refund me the shipping if I return it, and they will send me another one.
He wants pics aswel so he can inform AUTOart about it.

You said the right word "frustrating" that's how I feel, I was really anticipating having this model and its dodgy.

The rest of the car is perfect though. That's what disappoints me even more.

Sweet! Sounds like these guys are truly top-notch! Hopefully, your second model will be fine. Although it is unlikely, there could be an entire lot/batch of bad ones out there. So, be sure to inspect the next one.  :occasion14:

#29 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

View PostDiego Villavicencio, on 02 December 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

That's the thing. I don't know any seller who pays for return shipping. I prefer receiving a partial refund because of their mistake than spend $50 - $70 to return a model. I would be losing a lot of money just because they sent a broken or whatever item and that's not fair to any of us

If I would live in the US and the shipping cost $10, of course I'll return every broken model (if the purchase is in the States as well), but we all buy from international seller don't we?

Also, sellers prefer giving $20 - $30 of refund than paying $50 - $70 of return shipping if the buyer is ok with that

You bring up some valid points regarding the partial refund topic. My feelings on the topic of partial refunding? Hatred. Period. Unless the seller offers it, I don't believe for a second that the buyer should even have the option to ask demand for a partial refund. More often than not, it becomes a form of fraud against the seller.

There aren't too many sellers out there who will pay for return shipping. Nonetheless, it should be their responsibility to do so regardless! Unfortunately, eBay has made it so difficult for sellers to survive and thrive, that the partial refund has become a necessary affordable evil.

#30 OFFLINE   LFA

LFA

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,085 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, BBR, Frontiart, GTSpirit, MR
  • Proud Citizen of:sg

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:52 PM

What is up with autoart recently, so many defects for their models just like what happened to my wre! :gaah: I guess it is the way it is, when a model is so detailed they will surely have some problems.

Edited by agerasebbe, 02 December 2013 - 06:53 PM.

#31 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:58 PM

View Postagerasebbe, on 02 December 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

What is up with autoart recently, so many defects for their models just like what happened to my wre! Posted Image I guess it is the way it is, when a model is so detailed they will surely have some problems.

Good ol' AUTOart has lacked a QC department for the last decade. I do think that errors are becoming more and more frequent! Yikes! You'd think that AUTOart would be able to afford at least one or two quality inspectors considering the inflated prices that they're charging these days. :nice:

#32 OFFLINE   LFA

LFA

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:10 PM

View PostMatthew, on 02 December 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

What is up with autoart recently, so many defects for their models just like what happened to my wre! Posted Image I guess it is the way it is, when a model is so detailed they will surely have some problems.

Good ol' AUTOart has lacked a QC department for the last decade. I do think that errors are becoming more and more frequent! Yikes! You'd think that AUTOart would be able to afford at least one or two quality inspectors considering the inflated prices that they're charging these days. Posted Image
So very true! :gaah:

#33 OFFLINE   rac3r

rac3r

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,391 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Any

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:14 PM

EB badges fall off just by looking at them. If you're lucky most of it will stay on with only one corner bending off  :lamende:
Posted Image

#34 OFFLINE   BMW Fan

BMW Fan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Interests:Commercial Aviation, Cars, Food, Traveling
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, AutoArt, Minichamps (in their glory days)

Posted 02 December 2013 - 07:26 PM

View Postrac3r, on 02 December 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

EB badges fall off just by looking at them. If you're lucky most of it will stay on with only one corner bending off Posted Image

I'm still puzzled at why AutoArt hasn't caught on yet. Maybe it's so they can rip us off by selling us $0.10 replacement badges for $10?  :icon_scratch:
Recent Additions:

AUTOart BMW E46 M3 CSL (Black)
AUTOart Lexus LFA (Matte Black)

Posted Image

#35 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

View PostBMW Fan, on 02 December 2013 - 07:26 PM, said:

View Postrac3r, on 02 December 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

EB badges fall off just by looking at them. If you're lucky most of it will stay on with only one corner bending off Posted Image

I'm still puzzled at why AutoArt hasn't caught on yet. Maybe it's so they can rip us off by selling us $0.10 replacement badges for $10? Posted Image

Simply put, they don't care. At the end of the day, AUTOart is still making their money... even if you, the consumer, isn't happy. There's plenty of threads deep within the bowels of DX that tell the story of AUTOart's infamous business tactics, and how several retail/hobby stores get stuck with a stockpile of useless AUTOart product. :mad2:

#36 Guest_BMW633CSI_*

Guest_BMW633CSI_*

Posted 02 December 2013 - 08:54 PM

You'd think that AUTOart would be able to afford at least one or two quality inspectors considering the inflated prices that they're charging these days. Posted Image

This is one of the QC-Inspectors.

Posted Image

#37 OFFLINE   LFA

LFA

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:49 PM

View PostBMW633CSI, on 02 December 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

You'd think that AUTOart would be able to afford at least one or two quality inspectors considering the inflated prices that they're charging these days. Posted Image

This is one of the QC-Inspectors.

Posted Image
Lol that was funny!

#38 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

Haha! That made my day. Thanks for a good laugh!  :giggle:

#39 OFFLINE   Ryan

Ryan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,678 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, Kyosho, FrontiArt..... Well anything except minichamps

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:18 PM

^^^ haha that monkey reminds me of someone, cant think who though.

Good news everyone! I had an email from Rob at carmodelz today, he's sent me out another veyron :)
He hasn't even recieved the faulty one I sent back yet. I couldn't believe it. What a top guy!
Really happy with that.
Posted Image

#40 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,374 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:22 PM

Great news Ryan! I hope this one turns out ok  :hope:

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#41 OFFLINE   Ryan

Ryan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

Thanks! I just can't believe he was trusting enough and didn't bother to wait for the first one to get back to him.
He will be getting plenty more of my money from now on, that's fantastic service if you ask me.
Posted Image

#42 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,036 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 04:38 PM

View PostRyan, on 03 December 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

Thanks! I just can't believe he was trusting enough and didn't bother to wait for the first one to get back to him.
He will be getting plenty more of my money from now on, that's fantastic service if you ask me.

Sounds like an exceptional seller, Ryan! I'd definitely buy from him again in the future. We need more sellers like that!  :agreed:

#43 OFFLINE   Ryan

Ryan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:01 PM

I agree, Matthew. If only all sellers were that tidy.
Something which I first thought would be a real hassle has turned into a much happier and easier experience :)
Posted Image

#44 Guest_BMW633CSI_*

Guest_BMW633CSI_*

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:33 PM

Yeah. Nice move! I'll be sure to check them out. Business sense like this needs to be rewarded!

#45 OFFLINE   Ryan

Ryan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,678 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:10 PM

You should defiantly give him a try. He does some really good deals for you. And he puts a pack of very delicious sweets in the box with the car. Being from near Amsterdam I don't know what's in the sweets (they are lovely) but that I can't fault at all.
Posted Image

#46 Guest_BMW633CSI_*

Guest_BMW633CSI_*

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:29 PM

View PostRyan, on 03 December 2013 - 06:10 PM, said:

You should defiantly give him a try. He does some really good deals for you. And he puts a pack of very delicious sweets in the box with the car. Being from near Amsterdam I don't know what's in the sweets (they are lovely) but that I can't fault at all.
Haha. I know a company that sells airplane wheels and "undercarriages" and with every huge box comes a bag of peanuts.
People talk about how they bought a $5500 bag of nuts and... LOOK! They put some extra wheels in there for us, too!

#47 OFFLINE   littlerockshhd

littlerockshhd

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3,814 posts
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit

Posted 03 December 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostRyan, on 03 December 2013 - 04:18 PM, said:

^^^ haha that monkey reminds me of someone, cant think who though.

Good news everyone! I had an email from Rob at carmodelz today, he's sent me out another veyron :)
He hasn't even recieved the faulty one I sent back yet. I couldn't believe it. What a top guy!
Really happy with that.
George Burns?

#48 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,156 posts
  • Favorite Brands:doesnt matter as long as it is good
  • Proud Citizen of:au

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:23 PM

The lack of QC in AUTOart products has been going on for many years now. They have all these years to improve their QC but no they continuously jack up their price instead.  :lamende:  And if they know that they can't hire a competent QC person then at least have an official after sale channel that handles parts requests/return. Thankfully we have Steffi or else many of us would have incomplete Autoart models. However to be fair other makers are no better too I can't even find any contacts from Kyosho for parts even I offered to pay for it. (I emailed Kyosho US half a year ago they just handballed me to Minichamp distributor in US then I heard nothing from anyone since)

#49 OFFLINE   LFA

LFA

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

View Postjazzy426, on 03 December 2013 - 08:23 PM, said:

The lack of QC in AUTOart products has been going on for many years now. They have all these years to improve their QC but no they continuously jack up their price instead. Posted Image  And if they know that they can't hire a competent QC person then at least have an official after sale channel that handles parts requests/return. Thankfully we have Steffi or else many of us would have incomplete Autoart models. However to be fair other makers are no better too I can't even find any contacts from Kyosho for parts even I offered to pay for it. (I emailed Kyosho US half a year ago they just handballed me to Minichamp distributor in US then I heard nothing from anyone since)
I guess they don't really care about their customers now, they just do it for the cash! Autoart seriously needs to buck up! :mad2:

#50 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,670 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:55 PM

View PostRyan, on 03 December 2013 - 04:36 PM, said:

Yea I agree that Rob from carmodelz is a very nice guy to buy from. Hes always being helpful all the time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use