Frontiart Aston Martin One-77 full open silver - disappointing quality and QC!

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   909

• DX Community
  • 78 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, MR, FrontiArt, TSM,
  • Proud Citizen of:nl

Posted 20 December 2013 - 02:31 PM

Very sad to see such high-end model passing the quality control despite all its flaws. I would contact FA and show them these pictures, because a model like this shouldn't have left the factory at all. Let's hope everything ends well, good luck with this unlucky purchase!

Edited by 909, 20 December 2013 - 02:31 PM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#27 OFFLINE   will1066

will1066

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,039 posts
  • Favorite Brands:autoart
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:27 AM

View PostDiego Villavicencio, on 20 December 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

That dealer is an extremely irresponsible person. Contact Tracy about this to see what she says. Maybe she's willing to receive your model and give you a new one because I don't think you'll receive a refund from her
That thought, maybe FA being sympathetic and sending me a new one, has crossed my mind. I might do that depending on the direction my transaction dispute goes.

View Post909, on 20 December 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Very sad to see such high-end model passing the quality control despite all its flaws. I would contact FA and show them these pictures, because a model like this shouldn't have left the factory at all. Let's hope everything ends well, good luck with this unlucky purchase!
It's really sad indeed. I will definitely be sending them these pics.

Never lift up anything on a model using the clear parts. Never.

#28 OFFLINE   will1066

will1066

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 01:33 AM

Update: Talking to Paypal didn't get anywhere. They won't refund me until they see a proof of delivery of the model back to the seller. A return tracking number is not good enough. They're not doing anything to reimburse me for the shipping cost of sending back the initial wrong model. I probably won't be able to recover that money. So now I'm trying my credit card bank.

#29 OFFLINE   Diego Villavicencio

Diego Villavicencio

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 1,599 posts
  • Favorite Brands:MR, Frontiart, AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of:ec

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:13 AM

Damn bro I would be so mad. I think it's time for you to tell us which dealer is that. I will definitely not buy from him as I always buy from international dealers

Posted Image

#30 OFFLINE   will1066

will1066

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:34 AM

View PostDiego Villavicencio, on 21 December 2013 - 10:13 AM, said:

Damn bro I would be so mad. I think it's time for you to tell us which dealer is that. I will definitely not buy from him as I always buy from international dealers
It's unfortunate to say that it's Carmodelz, because he is a well-known dealer.

#31 OFFLINE   will1066

will1066

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 10:55 AM

Here's the sealed silver he originally sent:

Posted Image
Posted Image

This one had some warping issues too:
Posted Image

He must've missed the product code before he shipped it:
Posted Image

#32 OFFLINE   Diego Villavicencio

Diego Villavicencio

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

View Postwill1066, on 21 December 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

Wow, that's actually shocking. Actually you can contact Tracy now about the problem and tell her that Carmodelz, which is an official dealer of them, does not answer to your emails. Once I did that with MR and they directly contacted the dealer and he contacted me so fast apologizing etc

Posted Image

#33 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6,036 posts
  • Interests:Theology, motoring, and art
  • Favorite Brands:Spark, HPI, Bizarre, and Premium ClassiXXs

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:10 PM

Perhaps this is something that is occurring post-inspection. Maybe the warping isn't visible at the time of assembly. I have worked in a production-based environment before, and sometimes defects aren't present until after the item reaches the retailer or consumer. :twocents:

#34 OFFLINE   will1066

will1066

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

View PostDiego Villavicencio, on 21 December 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

View Postwill1066, on 21 December 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

Wow, that's actually shocking. Actually you can contact Tracy now about the problem and tell her that Carmodelz, which is an official dealer of them, does not answer to your emails. Once I did that with MR and they directly contacted the dealer and he contacted me so fast apologizing etc

Good idea, Diego. Thanks. I think I will wait a couple of days though, since I am now working with the credit card bank. I hope I can get my money back first from the CC bank. Then I guess the scenario would be I get the transaction amount refunded to my CC, then I send the model back to Carmodelz, then email Tracy to complain about FA's QC and Carmodelz's service. Maybe my bank can also get back my two shipping costs. But at this point, I'm not confident I'll get back the cost of shipping the wrong model. I'll be ok getting back the shipping cost of returning the defective open/close. Chalk it up to bad luck. If all else fails, then my email to FA will be to complain and also try to get some kind of make-good from them. I will tell them that I have publicized my situation to other collectors. Nothing is worse for a business than bad publicity.

What do you think?

Edited by will1066, 21 December 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#35 OFFLINE   will1066

will1066

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostMatthew, on 21 December 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

Perhaps this is something that is occurring post-inspection. Maybe the warping isn't visible at the time of assembly. I have worked in a production-based environment before, and sometimes defects aren't present until after the item reaches the retailer or consumer. Posted Image
I hear ya. While I'm not saying that FA should be doing a recall like real cars, they should be aware of the issue and make adjustments in their production. Since mikum has sent feedback to FA before, they don't seem to be listening.

Edited by will1066, 21 December 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#36 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,306 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:46 PM

I wonder if the windows warp en route ? I've had a few resin models with warped windows  :rolleyes:  the last one I got had warped windows & other damage (due to the sellers very poor packing) I returned it & it cost me about £35 !!

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#37 OFFLINE   sileong

sileong

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2,110 posts
  • Interests:Cars, scale models
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:28 PM

Very sorry to hear about your model Will!  It's sad to see such a beautiful piece arrived with such defects.  Hopefully you'll get your money back soon!  I thought Carmodelz was a reputable seller because I always see them selling high-end items on eBay, didn't think they would pull something like that.
Posted Image

#38 OFFLINE   Morbo-Zim

Morbo-Zim

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2,356 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, BBR, CMC, Hotwheels Elite, Exoto, GMP

Posted 22 December 2013 - 08:16 AM

When did you last contact Rob?

If it's not die-cast, it won't have a crumple zone

#39 OFFLINE   will1066

will1066

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 09:00 AM

View PostCraig, on 21 December 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

I wonder if the windows warp en route ? I've had a few resin models with warped windows Posted Image  the last one I got had warped windows & other damage (due to the sellers very poor packing) I returned it & it cost me about £35 !!
You could be right. I guess warped windows are resins' version of diecast cancer or something.

View Postsileong, on 21 December 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

Very sorry to hear about your model Will!  It's sad to see such a beautiful piece arrived with such defects.  Hopefully you'll get your money back soon!  I thought Carmodelz was a reputable seller because I always see them selling high-end items on eBay, didn't think they would pull something like that.
Thanks, Si. I was very excited when I ordered it. I thought it was going to be my collection centerpiece. I also thought that Carmodelz was safe to buy since others here have good experiences.

View PostMorbo-Zim, on 22 December 2013 - 08:16 AM, said:

When did you last contact Rob?
My last unanswered email to him was Dec. 16, which was a follow up to an unanswered email three days before. The only email he answered was the first one I sent him about him sending me the sealed version by mistake. In that email he told me to send it back and promised to refund the shipping cost. I even sent him the tracking number and a photo of the U.S. customs form showing the cost of the package. After that he never responded again, not even to say whether he received back the sealed model.

#40 OFFLINE   Morbo-Zim

Morbo-Zim

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:23 PM

Are you sure he received it? It can take weeks for parcels to get from the US to EU. It's really surprising. Rob is a member here (carmodelz) and I deal with him a lot. He's a little hard to reach sometimes, but his intentions are 100% honest and service has never bene an issue. If all fails, try to call him on his cell-phone and sort it out.

#41 OFFLINE   will1066

will1066

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:03 PM

View PostMorbo-Zim, on 22 December 2013 - 01:23 PM, said:

Are you sure he received it? It can take weeks for parcels to get from the US to EU. It's really surprising. Rob is a member here (carmodelz) and I deal with him a lot. He's a little hard to reach sometimes, but his intentions are 100% honest and service has never bene an issue. If all fails, try to call him on his cell-phone and sort it out.

No I cannot confirm he received it. I am tracking the package as well, and as far as I can see, its status is in Netherlands customs. That is why when Paypal told me to send the sealed one back to him in order to expedite the refund process, and because they require signature confirmation of delivery before they credit me back, I said no way. I don't want to risk it sitting in customs again.

As far as I trying to reach him, in this day in age, I can't see how email fails. I honestly don't think he's trying to rip me off, but if you can't service your customers, then that is a problem.

#42 OFFLINE   Morbo-Zim

Morbo-Zim

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

You're right, but dealers deal with issues all the time, and I guess he just waits for the model to arrive. Instead of wasting so much of your energy here, a single phone call can solve it. Rob is the kind of guy who answers and e-mails when he has news. If he doesn't have news, he stays silent. It's annoying to be sure, especially if you are very annoyed and anxious, but just understand that for a dealer, a single customer with a problem is just an exception amongst loads of work. I'm sure he'll get back to you, and I;m also sure if you call him he will just tell you he's still waiting for the model. No news is good news right? Otherwise try using whatsapp or text him. Easy. Having said that, I'd also react like you if it's be someone else, but I just know this dealer well enough to anticipate what's going on. Peter Zhao also had some issues with a delivery, same story and turned out fine. Hang in there and otherwise send a PM to Carmodelz on DX :occasion14:

Edited by Morbo-Zim, 22 December 2013 - 03:48 PM.

#43 OFFLINE   will1066

will1066

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

View PostMorbo-Zim, on 22 December 2013 - 03:48 PM, said:

You're right, but dealers deal with issues all the time, and I guess he just waits for the model to arrive. Instead of wasting so much of your energy here, a single phone call can solve it. Rob is the kind of guy who answers and e-mails when he has news. If he doesn't have news, he stays silent. It's annoying to be sure, especially if you are very annoyed and anxious, but just understand that for a dealer, a single customer with a problem is just an exception amongst loads of work. I'm sure he'll get back to you, and I;m also sure if you call him he will just tell you he's still waiting for the model. No news is good news right? Otherwise try using whatsapp or text him. Easy. Having said that, I'd also react like you if it's be someone else, but I just know this dealer well enough to anticipate what's going on. Peter Zhao also had some issues with a delivery, same story and turned out fine. Hang in there and otherwise send a PM to Carmodelz on DX Posted Image
Coincidentally, I got an email from Rob this morning. As you said, Morbo, he was awaiting a response from Frontiart about the defective model and now can proceed on fixing the situation. As you said, he stayed silent until he had news. Personally, I would have contacted and informed the customer first, but fine.

So based on Rob's email, he forwarded my pics of the model to Frontiart, and Frontiart is "really ashamed about the model." Rob will send the defective model back to Frontiart once he receives it from me. He also acknowleged that the model was "ridiculously bad" and that he has not had "such a bad situation with any order before."

He has not received the wrongly sent sealed model, so it has probably been sitting in Netherlands customs for the past two weeks. I am going to try and work it out with him directly instead of through Paypal because of Paypal's return rules for items costing more than $250 US. If he credits me back, I'll cancel the Paypal claim and send the model back. I still feel I should my money back in a reasonably efficient manner if another return package that I send is likely going to sit in customs for weeks. Now awaiting Rob's reply.

He also offered me a free model up to 100 EUR for the trouble. He wants to get both models back before he refunds my shipping costs, which I said is fine. It's good that he replied and is attempting to fix the situation and offered a make-good, so my view of the matter has improved. Let's see what happens.

#44 OFFLINE   Morbo-Zim

Morbo-Zim

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2,356 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 02:57 PM

Well good, you know these things are also really crap for dealers I imagine. You can be sure he's making a loss on your order, and I don't expect FrontiArt to compensate for that. I received the CMC 312P spyder as well from him, with defects and I'm sending it back. Difference is, that just works fast between 2 Dutch bank accounts and shipping adresses. Good luck on resolving the last leg of the issue and may your future models turn out better!

#45 OFFLINE   Diego Villavicencio

Diego Villavicencio

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:48 PM

That's good news. Hope everything ends well

Posted Image

#46 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,306 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

Good news there, FA should be ashamed at themselves for sending it out, it is a real shame that you (and Rob) have to go through this whole process.

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#47 OFFLINE   will1066

will1066

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:59 AM

Update: Nothing much to update, actually. I've sent the defective model back to Rob, since Paypal had a deadline and working outside Paypal and through credit card company was not a viable option. But as I expected, the package is a slow-go. Last tracking update was on the 28th, and it seems the package hasn't left the U.S. yet. So just gotta wait patiently, I guess. Also took up Rob's offer on a free model as a "make-good," and made my selection but heard nothing back from him.

#48 OFFLINE   Pz67

Pz67

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 385 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of:nz

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:25 AM

View Postwill1066, on 02 January 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

Update: Nothing much to update, actually. I've sent the defective model back to Rob, since Paypal had a deadline and working outside Paypal and through credit card company was not a viable option. But as I expected, the package is a slow-go. Last tracking update was on the 28th, and it seems the package hasn't left the U.S. yet. So just gotta wait patiently, I guess. Also took up Rob's offer on a free model as a "make-good," and made my selection but heard nothing back from him.

Give him a few days since it's New Years.
I made contact with him purchasing a magma red one.
He even sent it before I paid him so he's definitely legitimate guy.
Just bad timing since it's the end of year and everything gets delayed

#49 OFFLINE   Diego Villavicencio

Diego Villavicencio

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:06 PM

View PostPeter Zhao, on 02 January 2014 - 09:25 AM, said:

View Postwill1066, on 02 January 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

Give him a few days since it's New Years.
I made contact with him purchasing a magma red one.
He even sent it before I paid him so he's definitely legitimate guy.
Just bad timing since it's the end of year and everything gets delayed
Yes trust me everything it's delayed. Specially internationally packages. I bought like 5 models the first days of December and nothing yet!

Posted Image

#50 OFFLINE   will1066

will1066

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:58 AM

Package has made it to Netherlands customs. With my luck, it will probably just sit there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use