Frontiart Aston Martin One-77 full open silver - disappointing quality and QC!

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#51 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Die-cast Happy Clappy!

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,989 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho,GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 04 January 2014 - 10:03 AM

Don't be disheartened Will.... :twocents:   Agreed, this one is not acceptable....but this poor QC thing seems to be pretty much across the board these days........but that doesn't mean that there aren't a lot of perfect models on the secondary market......and finding the model that you want - in the right condition - and at the right price - is a major part of the hobby IMHO... :twocents:

MOTORHEAD - 21ST CENTURY - MOTORHEAD ALRIGHT!!!

Fast Eddy's

Weddings........................and .....................FUNERALS!

Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#52 OFFLINE   will1066

will1066

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,011 posts
  • Favorite Brands:autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 18 January 2014 - 12:50 PM

After a month-plus ordeal, I finally saw a refund on my credit card. Even as Rob promised me a refund of my shipping costs and a free model for all my troubles, I have not seen him do one thing he has said. It was Paypal that got my purchase money back. What's the saying? A man is only as good as his word? Both the wrong model and the defective model have been delivered back to him, according to shipment tracking. So Rob, if you're reading this, are you going to fulfill your promises? I wash my hands of Frontiart.

Edited by will1066, 18 January 2014 - 12:53 PM.

Never lift up anything on a model using the clear parts. Never.

#53 OFFLINE   dviper

dviper

• DX Community
  • 16 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC,Exoto,AUTOart,MR,FrontiArt

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:36 PM

Sorry to hear you received such a bad model from Frontiart. And sure don't blame you for being upset.  Maybe my experience with them can be a little reassuring for you. Even though i do not have a One-77.  :) I have two 1:18 Open & Close Aventadors from them. Both are almost a year old.  Both models have no issues at all. And hope it stays that way.  I have exchanged many emails with Jessie at that time. And found her to be very friendly and helpful.  And more than once i mentioned. To make sure the model is inspected very carefully for any flaws before it's shipped.  I even mentioned the type of flaws that can happen with resins. And that i am very fussy,etc,etc. I was firm but polite regarding this. Jessie left last year. And Tracy took over. And she seems to be ok, with my dealings with her.  I would be very surprised if they don't take care of you. Like getting you another model. If that's what you really would like.  Because there's no doubt about it.  QC was sleeping at the wheel when they made your model.  If i may say. Maybe you should insist that they make things right for you.  Would be surprising if they don't.  Just my 2 cents here. Anyway, hope this helps. Best of luck in whatever you decide.

#54 OFFLINE   will1066

will1066

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:40 PM

Eddy and dviper, thanks. Funny that you bring up Tracy. Coincidentally I just got her email about them shutting down for CNY, and I replied telling her to remove me from their list. This has been a negative experience both from the model quality and the dealer selling it.

#55 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,669 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart

Posted 27 January 2014 - 12:13 AM

Sorry for the experience you went through with them. I could understand how frustrating this can be. Hope you better luck next time with whatever company you purchase from.

#56 OFFLINE   will1066

will1066

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

UPDATE:

After some communication and clarification from Rob, I want to be fair and say that he has paid me back my shipping costs. And unbeknownst to me until yesterday, he sent me a free model that he offered me as compensation for all the troubles, a week ago, and which is on the way. So in the end, everything is squared and there's a happy ending. In the end, Rob did what he said he would do. It also seems that he was trying to refund me quicker, before the defective model was returned to him, but Paypal apparently did not tell me this and had to go by their procedure. So I thanked Rob and since he will talk to Frontiart at Nuremberg, I asked him to tell them about their production techniques and QC.

#57 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,863 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ GT Spirit/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 29 January 2014 - 04:30 AM

That's great news! Rob is a stand up guy, he's great to deal with.

Posted Image

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#58 OFFLINE   Morbo-Zim

Morbo-Zim

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2,418 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, BBR, CMC, Hotwheels Elite, Exoto, GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: nl

Posted 29 January 2014 - 03:52 PM

Good to hear indeed

If it's not die-cast, it won't have a crumple zone

#59 OFFLINE   dviper

dviper

• DX Community
  • 16 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC,Exoto,AUTOart,MR,FrontiArt

Posted 29 January 2014 - 11:16 PM

:) Glad to hear the good news. If you decide to give Frontiart another shot.  There should be no problems this time.

#60 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3,669 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

Glad it all worked out even though it did take a lot of your time and patience :D

#61 OFFLINE   CalMul

CalMul

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 107 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Bikes, IT
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: za

Posted 13 March 2016 - 11:18 AM

Wow, what a roller coaster ride, very glad all was resolved, but still, all the time and hassles going into this, damn.

I really hope this wont happen ever to you again.
:yahoo: Please have a look and enjoy my collection here:
CalMul's Collection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

©2003-2014 DiecastXchange - The Complete Diecast Car Collectors Message Forum | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use