DiecastXchange Forum banner

Oh Spark models

3K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Dave7872 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Got two new models, each with its own issues I am assuming there is no fix for a glue spot on the black rocker planel? How they can get 99% there and mess up something like this. Last one was crooked Porsche decal on the wing and crooked diffuser. Too bad I can't pick and choose defects.

I guess I am just gonna have to pick one and deal with it.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, I may have to keep the one in the second photo, this model is sold out, no more nada. I checked every source, all gone and no more, I think I can use touch up paint on the one in the second photo, but the glue spot is a real bummer, no way to fix that.

This time I ordered from another vendor, their last one, I was hoping to get a better model but was blown away when I saw the glue spot, I hate sending another back to them but giving me $20 off of $200 is not gonna cut it. I don't even think I could sell this on eBay, lol.

How does spark even let these out the door, I feel bad for the retailer, I hope they can send it back to Spark. I tried contacting Spark twice now, emails go into a black hole.

Now the first one I got is the one with the scape on the side of the rocker, that's the first of three I got, I should have quit while I was ahead, the second had the Porsche decal on the rear wing crooked, the E was messed up and the decals on the rear were crooked as was the diffuser, figured I would roll the dice one more time, nope.

#8 ·
That's a tough one. Even with light sanding, it would probably take away the matte finish of the rocker panel, and you'll end up with a larger shiny spot shaped the way you polished over and around the glue spot. Maybe sand down and find a close-matching matte black paint and re-paint the whole rocker panel, like with a 1:1.

And my biggest pet peeve is probably crooked or misplaced or badly positioned decals.

#10 ·
Spark's QC is pretty bad, but if the problem is missing parts instead of these paint chips and such, they might send you what you need. I've been through two of the Dauer 962s, the first one I sent back, the second one had missing parts, but I messaged them on FB and they sent them to me.
Maybe message them on FB and see if they have an answer.

#12 ·
Well this model has been giving me fits, I think I a don with ordering from Ck models and Europe in general, the damn shipping cost 25-30% of the model. Now my delimia, I am into this for like $180. $30 shipping to me, and it will cost me $55 to ship it back to them. So I basically spent $80 to open a defective model and spend the time to ship it back. Think this is sellable on eBay for more that the loss due to shipping?

What a pain.

#13 ·
Don't they do return shipping labels? They do for the EU.

You're not having much luck lately!

#14 ·
Actually they communicated they would reimburse me for shipping, I feel bad for them, but they should look at at these before shipping them out. Would save a lot of time and money.

It's going back.

Yes, a spell of bad luck on models. Heck I had two Gt3 911s shipped with the wing broken off in the box, minichamps. Just nuts.

#15 ·
That's not so bad. With a seller as big as this, they won't have time to inspect before they ship. Also, it won't be new if they've opened it.

#16 ·
The glue spot is not too difficult to fix, sanding and repainting matte black, but its really scary if you havent done anything like that before. Same with the other problem.

But yeah, I think Spark is rubbish compared to price. Meant to be admired through glass, not close up.

#17 ·
Why did you not just buy a small tube of super glue remover? Very easy to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.