GMP 1967 Camaro Street Fighter - Crooked steering wheel - GMP - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

GMP 1967 Camaro Street Fighter - Crooked steering wheel

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MotoFanatic

MotoFanatic

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 116 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart/Minichamps/Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:07 PM

So I'd like fellow diecaster's opinion on this situation.  I was fortunate enough to purchase a 1967 Camaro Street Fighter by GMP in red with white stripe as "new".  The box shows a little shelf wear but I don't see any dust or scratches on the model itself that would lead me to think that it's not "new".  Everything looks great with the exception of the steering wheel which looks to be upside down with the wheels straight (see 2nd pic).  Is this part of GMP's lack of quality control?  I've read of people having other issues with GMP models but nothing about the steering wheel.  Is it correctable (ie can I pop it off and put it back on straight)?  Is this something that is considered acceptable and not worry about?

As a side note, it's a great looking model and love the detail.  Probably one of my favorites in the muscle car realm but my experience with muscle cars are limited.

Thanks for any opinions.

-Moto

Attached Files

Edited by MotoFanatic, 04 March 2014 - 08:10 PM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   DC4ME

DC4ME

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1314 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, BBR, Auto Art and many more.
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:26 PM

It is normal on GMP Camaro's to have crooked steering wheels. I have many and have not tried to repair it. Nice car :occasion14:

Gilles

#3 OFFLINE   MotoFanatic

MotoFanatic

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 116 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart/Minichamps/Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:37 PM

Thanks for the quick reply and compliment.  I guess it's good to know it's not just mine.  It's pics like yours in the signature block that makes me want to collect more.  Too bad I can't afford it not to mention I don't have the room.  lol

View PostDC4ME, on 04 March 2014 - 08:26 PM, said:

It is normal on GMP Camaro's to have crooked steering wheels. I have many and have not tried to repair it. Nice car Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.