1-18 figures - Aftermarket parts & Materials - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Jump to content


1-18 figures


36 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   kenrobinson6

kenrobinson6

    Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 1420 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oxford, England
  • Interests:Diecast & Plastic model kits
  • Favorite Brands:Airfix
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:08 AM

This is my first post, so please be gentle with me.

My father has been given an 1-18 scale of a 1933 Maybach (Hitlers car),
absolutely beautifully made model.

He did wonder if there was any figures available of the man himself.

Ideally for standing in the back of the car.  The only figures I seem to be able to find are German Army figures, but they don't seem to be quite right.

Hopefully someone amongst you guys will be able to point us in the right direction

Thanx

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

  • DieCastXChange.com



#2 OFFLINE   LUW

LUW

    Senior Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 7424 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brazil
  • Favorite Brands:None right now
  • Proud Citizen of:br

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:22 AM

http://www.diecastxc...tyle_emoticons/default/welcome.gif aboard ken! :cheers
I think it will be pretty hard for you to find a figure of ol' ridiculous-moustach Adolf in 1:18 (in fact, it probably will be hard to find him in any scale), since Hitler is somekind of a taboo all around the world. The only alternative would be to custome make one or modify a 1:18 figure.
Luciano

#3 OFFLINE   kenrobinson6

kenrobinson6

    Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 1420 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oxford, England
  • Interests:Diecast & Plastic model kits
  • Favorite Brands:Airfix
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:35 AM

thanks I did wonder :iagree
Posted Image
DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ
Knowledge is knowing, that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing, not to put it in a fruit salad.

#4 OFFLINE   Ronan

Ronan

    Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3381 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dublin, Ireland
  • Interests:Cars, cars and more cars! (And Diecastxchange too of course!)
  • Favorite Brands:CMC
  • Proud Citizen of:ie

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:36 AM

LUW, on May 26 2004, 02:22 PM, said:

http://www.diecastxc...tyle_emoticons/default/welcome.gif aboard ken! :cheers
I think it will be pretty hard for you to find a figure of ol' ridiculous-moustach Adolf in 1:18 (in fact, it probably will be hard to find him in any scale), since Hitler is somekind of a taboo all around the world. The only alternative would be to custome make one or modify a 1:18 figure.
:welcom2 Ken!!! I think Luciano is right, the only way to get a figure of Hitler in 1:18th would be to modify an existing figure yourself. The man is so despised generally (and rightly so in my opinion) that I doubt there would be a big enough market for figures of him for any model maker to mass produce them. :cheers

#5 OFFLINE   kenrobinson6

kenrobinson6

    Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 1420 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oxford, England
  • Interests:Diecast & Plastic model kits
  • Favorite Brands:Airfix
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:47 AM

Thanks Ronan

It was a long shot, but I thought I would ask

By the way, a couple of days ago I signed your questbook again, I also mentioned that had a
1-18 scale Maisto (Red) Porsche Carrera GT, well on next Sundays (30th May)
Top Gear BBC2 @ 20.00, they are roadtesting one.

Should be a pretty awesome roadtest for a car that can cost 310,000.00!!
Posted Image
DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ
Knowledge is knowing, that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing, not to put it in a fruit salad.

#6 OFFLINE   Ronan

Ronan

    Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3381 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dublin, Ireland
  • Interests:Cars, cars and more cars! (And Diecastxchange too of course!)
  • Favorite Brands:CMC
  • Proud Citizen of:ie

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:59 AM

kenrobinson6, on May 26 2004, 02:47 PM, said:

Thanks Ronan

It was a long shot, but I thought I would ask

By the way, a couple of days ago I signed your questbook again, I also mentioned that had a
1-18 scale Maisto (Red) Porsche Carrera GT, well on next Sundays (30th May)
Top Gear BBC2 @ 20.00, they are roadtesting one.

Should be a pretty awesome roadtest for a car that can cost 310,000.00!!
No problem Ken!!! Yes! I saw that you signed my guestbook! Thanks again!

The Carrera GT test next Sunday should be outstanding, the Merc SLRs Top Gear track record is about to be broken I think!!! (As it said in this months magazine!!!). Doesn't Jeremy Clarkson have the best job in the whole world??? :cheers

#7 OFFLINE   StygianMax

StygianMax

    Senior Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 8936 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Most vehicles with wheels....just not shopping carts.
  • Favorite Brands:None at the moment
  • Proud Citizen of:ca

Posted 26 May 2004 - 08:23 AM

Welcome to the DX Forum Ken!  We're very glad you found us.  You don't need to worry about being "flamed" around here.  Everyone is very polite and helpful.  Sorry I can't offer you any suggestions on top of what LUW and Ronan mentioned.

http://www.diecastxc...tyle_emoticons/default/welcome.gif  https://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/public/style_emoticons/default/welcome.gif  :welcom2  https://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/public/style_emoticons/default/welcome.gif  https://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/public/style_emoticons/default/welcome.gif
Felix (Click banner to see my diecast website)

Posted Image

#8 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*
  • Guest

Posted 26 May 2004 - 08:29 AM

Welcomne to the forum and glad to have you aboard http://www.diecastxc...tyle_emoticons/default/welcome.gif

Hope you enjoy the forum :cheers

#9 OFFLINE   SilentHobbes

SilentHobbes

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 169 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Maryland
  • Interests:Diecast model cars, plastic model cars (when I get back to it), cars in general...
  • Favorite Brands:Maisto
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 26 May 2004 - 08:40 AM

http://www.diecastxc...tyle_emoticons/default/welcome.gif  Ken   :cheers  :cheers
You'll like it here.
A very fine work done by calgary7er

Posted Image

#10 Guest_Malik_*

Guest_Malik_*
  • Guest

Posted 26 May 2004 - 09:16 AM

http://www.diecastxc...tyle_emoticons/default/welcome.gif  https://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/public/style_emoticons/default/welcome.gif  https://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/public/style_emoticons/default/welcome.gif  https://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/public/style_emoticons/default/welcome.gif  https://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/public/style_emoticons/default/welcome.gif  https://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/public/style_emoticons/default/welcome.gif

#11 OFFLINE   Domin8

Domin8

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 817 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Mandurah, Western Australia
  • Interests:Too many!
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOArt, Biante, Classic Carlectables
  • Proud Citizen of:au

Posted 26 May 2004 - 10:14 AM

http://www.diecastxc...tyle_emoticons/default/welcome.gif  to DX!... the place where many model loving people come to meet and greet and have a great time. I do hope you enjoy yourself here!  :cheers  :cheers
Posted Image

#12 OFFLINE   kenrobinson6

kenrobinson6

    Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 1420 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oxford, England
  • Interests:Diecast & Plastic model kits
  • Favorite Brands:Airfix
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 26 May 2004 - 10:39 AM

Thank you all, for the welcome posts, you have given me

But I still wish I could find 1-18 scale figures for the Hitlers' Maybach car, because to be honest,
it would improve an already impressive die-cast model !!

I got it from Kevins Hobbies in Canada (very impressively quick service)
dispatched Thursday, arrives Tuesday!. It has taken much longer for my models to arrive,
even if it has been ordered from a UK address.

Will keep visiting this very good forum

ps. Ronan - whilst I will never have over 600 models, I still want to get a lot more
Posted Image
DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ
Knowledge is knowing, that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing, not to put it in a fruit salad.

#13 OFFLINE   Ronan

Ronan

    Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3381 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dublin, Ireland
  • Interests:Cars, cars and more cars! (And Diecastxchange too of course!)
  • Favorite Brands:CMC
  • Proud Citizen of:ie

Posted 26 May 2004 - 10:55 AM

kenrobinson6, on May 26 2004, 05:39 PM, said:

Thank you all, for the welcome posts, you have given me

But I still wish I could find 1-18 scale figures for the Hitlers' Maybach car, because to be honest,
it would improve an already impressive die-cast model !!

I got it from Kevins Hobbies in Canada (very impressively quick service)
dispatched Thursday, arrives Tuesday!. It has taken much longer for my models to arrive,
even if it has been ordered from a UK address.

Will keep visiting this very good forum

ps. Ronan - whilst I will never have over 600 models, I still want to get a lot more
:lol Never say never Ken!!! 600 seems like alot (and it is) but it is the sum total of nearly 8 years collecting 1:18ths in my case! :cheers

#14 Guest_Rat_*

Guest_Rat_*
  • Guest

Posted 26 May 2004 - 10:57 AM

:welcom2 to DX Ken, we're glad you decided to join us.

As far as Adolf goes, I've seen a 1:43 scale model with him in it, not 1:18 but like others have said, modifying something is probably the only way to go. The hardest part will be finding a 1:18 scale figure.  :cheers

#15 OFFLINE   acisne

acisne

    Bronze Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10816 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston
  • Interests:Cars!
  • Favorite Brands:Anything that is has value for my money
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 26 May 2004 - 11:13 AM

http://www.diecastxc...tyle_emoticons/default/welcome.gif to the forum!  Like it has been stated you can find it in 1:43 and 1:6 but not 1:18.
Have you tried www.21stcenturytoys.com ?
This officer can be moded to look close.

German officer

I figure that with them making Patton, that they would continue and make all of WWII's figure, but they haven't soo far.

Good luck!

Interesting fact that I learned, Hitler did not have a swastika on his Iron Cross as most German soldier did after 1939. His was awarded to him in WWI.

Attached Files

  • Attached File  german   23.26K   0 downloads

Where is it written that the more diecast $$$ equals a better diecast?

DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of diecast shyster is for good collectors to do nothing" (Sorry Mr. Burke)


#16 OFFLINE   kenrobinson6

kenrobinson6

    Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 1420 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Oxford, England
  • Interests:Diecast & Plastic model kits
  • Favorite Brands:Airfix
  • Proud Citizen of:gb

Posted 26 May 2004 - 11:17 AM

thanks for that information.

i will be able to look at that website very shortly
Posted Image
DiecastXchange Help, Tutorials, Guidelines, How to's, Facts and FAQ
Knowledge is knowing, that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing, not to put it in a fruit salad.

#17 Guest_Getter 3_*

Guest_Getter 3_*
  • Guest

Posted 26 May 2004 - 11:25 AM

:welcom2  to DX!!!   :cheers  :cheers  :cheers

Good luck with the project.  Do post pics of the figure & vehicle together when everything's done.   :cheers

#18 Guest_CollectorX_*

Guest_CollectorX_*
  • Guest

Posted 26 May 2004 - 11:35 AM

:welcom2 kenrobinson6Hope you like it here!!!!! :cheers  :cheers

#19 OFFLINE   JSB 33

JSB 33

    Bronze Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10432 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Bedford
  • Interests:Family, Cars (1:1 & 1:43) Automotive books, Guns, yard work and gardening
  • Favorite Brands:M/C, Spark, Bizarre
  • Proud Citizen of:us

Posted 26 May 2004 - 02:05 PM

http://www.diecastxc...tyle_emoticons/default/welcome.gif  https://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/public/style_emoticons/default/welcome.gif  https://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/public/style_emoticons/default/welcome.gif  https://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/public/style_emoticons/default/welcome.gif
Jeff

Like things in a smaller scale? Try Scale143

Click on my banner to see my website

Posted Image

#20 Guest_onoitsawrx_*

Guest_onoitsawrx_*
  • Guest

Posted 26 May 2004 - 02:55 PM

Ronan, on May 26 2004, 09:36 AM, said:

No problem Ken!!! Yes! I saw that you signed my guestbook! Thanks again!

The Carrera GT test next Sunday should be outstanding, the Merc SLRs Top Gear track record is about to be broken I think!!! (As it said in this months magazine!!!). Doesn't Jeremy Clarkson have the best job in the whole world???:cheers
:welcom2 kenrobinson6!

No BBC here but I managed to see that SLR make history...  VERY IMPRESSIVE!

Hammond had an interesting point, though.  The 911 Turbo ran in the wet, and so did the NSX-R as well as others and I think they deserve a better shot.  I read that the Stradale CS is up next and that should be interesting to see, along with the Carrera GT.  I wonder if they'll get the Enzo as well.

How did that Lambo get ahead of the Pagani??? And wasn't the Stig gone??? :confused

Edited by SundaysM3, 26 May 2004 - 03:07 PM.


#21 Guest_riconijhof_*

Guest_riconijhof_*
  • Guest

Posted 26 May 2004 - 03:01 PM

http://www.diecastxc...tyle_emoticons/default/welcome.gif  :welcom2  https://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/public/style_emoticons/default/welcome.gif

#22 OFFLINE   Ronan

Ronan

    Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3381 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dublin, Ireland
  • Interests:Cars, cars and more cars! (And Diecastxchange too of course!)
  • Favorite Brands:CMC
  • Proud Citizen of:ie

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:18 PM

SundaysM3, on May 26 2004, 09:55 PM, said:

How did that Lambo get ahead of the Pagani??? And wasn't the Stig gone??? :confused
:lol They got a new Stig!!! :cheers

#23 Guest_onoitsawrx_*

Guest_onoitsawrx_*
  • Guest

Posted 26 May 2004 - 08:44 PM

Ronan, on May 26 2004, 09:18 PM, said:

SundaysM3, on May 26 2004, 09:55 PM, said:

How did that Lambo get ahead of the Pagani??? And wasn't the Stig gone??? :confused
:lol They got a new Stig!!! :cheers
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!! :lol

So the new Stig managed a better time than the older one on the lambo?!

#24 OFFLINE   Ronan

Ronan

    Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3381 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Dublin, Ireland
  • Interests:Cars, cars and more cars! (And Diecastxchange too of course!)
  • Favorite Brands:CMC
  • Proud Citizen of:ie

Posted 27 May 2004 - 05:20 AM

SundaysM3, on May 27 2004, 03:44 AM, said:

Ronan, on May 26 2004, 09:18 PM, said:

SundaysM3, on May 26 2004, 09:55 PM, said:

How did that Lambo get ahead of the Pagani??? And wasn't the Stig gone??? :confused
:lol They got a new Stig!!! :cheers
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!! :lol

So the new Stig managed a better time than the older one on the lambo?!
:lol  :lol  :lol He must have!!! :cheers

#25 OFFLINE   BVR

BVR

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 993 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Music, classic cars
  • Number of Models:19 on current display
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, CMC
  • Proud Citizen of:nl

Posted 27 May 2004 - 08:52 AM

SundaysM3, on May 26 2004, 09:55 PM, said:

No BBC here but I managed to see that SLR make history...  VERY IMPRESSIVE!

Hammond had an interesting point, though.  The 911 Turbo ran in the wet, and so did the NSX-R as well as others and I think they deserve a better shot.  I read that the Stradale CS is up next and that should be interesting to see, along with the Carrera GT.  I wonder if they'll get the Enzo as well.

How did that Lambo get ahead of the Pagani??? And wasn't the Stig gone??? :confused
http://www.diecastxc...tyle_emoticons/default/welcome.gif  https://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/public/style_emoticons/default/welcome.gif  https://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/public/style_emoticons/default/welcome.gif  Ken!!! I'm sure you're gonna enjoy it here!  :cheers
Sorry, I have no clue about the Hitler figure. Could you post pics of the car? I'd like to see it, and I'm sure i'm not the only one here!  :cheers

Gian: Last Sunday they ran the Stradale AND the Porsche GT3RS over the track. They had exactly the same time!  :danbanna
Even cooler is the fact that they landed in 2nd place, behind the SLR, but they were faster than the Pagani and the Murci!  :happy  :happy  :happy  That's really cool!

Edited by BVR, 27 May 2004 - 08:53 AM.




Reply to this topic



  


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users





Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.