DiecastXchange Forum banner

Accident with Superleggera

5K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  FastMerc55 
#1 ·
Hey guys the most outrageous thing happened. I dropped my Orange Superleggera. Luckily, Maistos tough quality acted upon keeping the body out of damage. However the rear bonnet did not break out of the hinges but went inside the engine bay! I could not put it back up because the two metal pieces on the body could not let it go back up. I fixed it, but now the bay never locks and the hinges are not secure (look like it's not straight). Pics coming soon. (Before that happened, I was admiring how it was locked in place.)

#2 ·
Sorry hear that happened to you man. It is always a bad feeling when our decasts suffer accidents! It happened to me as well about 2 years ago and 3 models were involved. Unfortunatelly they were pretty badly damaged and i had to part with them later on. But none of them was a Maisto...which makes me thing based in other stories I have heard that they are pretty tough cars.

Anyway, regarding your model, can u take it apart and try to see if it can be fixed that way? Pics will definitely help. I hope u can come up with something to fix it and make it look like it never happened. Let us know...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.