2nd Release FX Aventador - Welly | FX | GT Autos - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

2nd Release FX Aventador

19 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   VRVPROD

VRVPROD

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 540 posts
  • Favorite Brands:All!
  • Proud Citizen of: sg

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:31 AM

I did a review of the 1st release FX Aventador a while back and was very pleased with it. People were satisfied at how well built and detailed the general model was at its price point. They were unhappy however, that FX left out detail in the front and rear lights. FX then put them in for the 2nd release.

Posted Image

With FX’s latest Aventador releases, there are even less reasons to purchase an AUTOart over an FX. Compared to the initial release, the new model has improved lights both front and rear. In the original release, the projector headlights were left out, and in its place, is a blank piece of silver plastic. The 2nd batch of Aventadors have the projector headlights, and they have been replicated rather well! The rear lights have been improved too! The original has well defined rear lights, but lacked the texture of the ones on the real car. FX rectified the issue with the updated car, and added the textures. Looking smart! They have improved on the mould lines as well. Most of the lines have been ground off before paint, which makes them either disappear altogether, or a lot less obvious. One other improvement is in the interior, where all the previously glossy bits have been finished in a nice shade of satin, which is a lot more realistic and classy. Thankfully, they didn’t fettle with that already perfect dashboard! I do believe the FX dash is better than the AUTOart version, for FX not only looks more realistic, but is more detailed too.

Posted Image

That said, it isn’t all better. For some strange reason, FX decided to paint the discs in a lighter colour shade of gunmetal. This makes the discs look less like carbon ceramics and more like steel brakes.

Best thing about the whole package is the price. FX has kept the price the same as before, even though it has more details.

More pics over at : http://www.vrvdc.com...nd-release.html (Too many pics to copy over :P)

Edited by VRVPROD, 11 April 2014 - 05:32 AM.

Visit my diecast website! http://www.vrvdc.com/

Latest 'Loots':
1/18 Autoart Nissan GTR R33
1/18 Autoart Lamborghini LP570-4 STS
1/18 Maisto Playerz Range Rover

1/18 Norev Mercedes S600
1/18 Anson Lamborghini Miura

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12761 posts
  • Interests:Pink supercars and ugly French cars
  • Number of Models:Far too many
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:37 AM

Good to see they fixed the lights. IMO, I still do not like the model. It feels plastic-like and is a bit off scale. I still have my pink one, which I am thinking of selling again. And I would not mind having the chrome version whenever it comes out.

Anyways, it is a good model, and great value.

Thanks for showing off the improvements.

#3 OFFLINE   mt_jt

mt_jt

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1042 posts
  • Favorite Brands:.
  • Proud Citizen of: kr

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:48 AM

I have the original release FX Aventador in this same matte black finish and I agree that they've made a very nice model. They're great,  but they're not quite the bargain they were on release originally when you could get these FX ones for about $80AUD. Having said that, AUTOart prices have also shot up so it's all relative I guess.
One thing that is annoying is how Welly fix certain things and then inexplicably leave other simpler issues as they are. The small "LP700-4" badge on the side of the rear of the model fixed too low, the silver insides of the exhausts and unpainted interiors of the A pillars being my main ones. I guess these aren't huge problems unto themselves, they're just niggles and relatively easy to fix yourself if you're that way inclined. Welly are right on the money as far as scale and bodyshape accuracy is concerned.
Credit where credit's due - thank you Welly for getting the important bits right and giving us plenty of colour options! I'm hoping that the earlier publicity Toy Fair colours make production. Then there's the latest photos including the "Dubai" chromed colour schemes too.

#4 OFFLINE   mt_jt

mt_jt

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1042 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:53 AM

View Postpreisman, on 11 April 2014 - 05:37 AM, said:

Good to see they fixed the lights. IMO, I still do not like the model. It feels plastic-like and is a bit off scale. I still have my pink one, which I am thinking of selling again. And I would not mind having the chrome version whenever it comes out.

So would you say the AUTOart Aventador is a bit off scale also?
http://www.diecastxc...lly-vs-autoart/

#5 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12761 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:55 AM

View Postmt_jt, on 11 April 2014 - 05:53 AM, said:

I am comparing it to my MR. I'll take photos, but the Welly is slightly larger.

#6 OFFLINE   VRVPROD

VRVPROD

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:56 AM

It is rather plasticky. I've held the AUTOart and the Bb units before, and they both felt heavier than the FX.

Latest 'Loots':

1/18 Norev Mercedes S600

#7 OFFLINE   mt_jt

mt_jt

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1042 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:01 AM

View Postpreisman, on 11 April 2014 - 05:55 AM, said:

Photos would be great but measurements would be even better.

View PostVRVPROD, on 11 April 2014 - 05:56 AM, said:

It is rather plasticky. I've held the AUTOart and the Bb units before, and they both felt heavier than the FX.

Not sure why if it feels lighter than other models that is a negative? Okay, if it looks "plasticky" then that's a problem but I take it you don't push your model around on the floor like a kid would a Burago?
This thing about weight seems a bit weird to me. I've heard others talk about it endlessly and I just don't get it. Not suggesting you are, BTW.

#8 OFFLINE   VRVPROD

VRVPROD

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:09 AM

View Postmt_jt, on 11 April 2014 - 06:01 AM, said:

Not sure why if it feels lighter than other models that is a negative? Okay, if it looks "plasticky" then that's a problem but I take it you don't push your model around on the floor like a kid would a Burago?
This thing about weight seems a bit weird to me. I've heard others talk about it endlessly and I just don't get it. Not suggesting you are, BTW.
I guess the general impression is that heavier = better made :/

Latest 'Loots':

1/18 Norev Mercedes S600

#9 OFFLINE   mt_jt

mt_jt

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1042 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:11 AM

View PostVRVPROD, on 11 April 2014 - 06:09 AM, said:

Yes I can see how that could be assumed but it's not always the case.

#10 OFFLINE   VRVPROD

VRVPROD

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 540 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:15 AM

View Postmt_jt, on 11 April 2014 - 06:11 AM, said:

View PostVRVPROD, on 11 April 2014 - 06:09 AM, said:

Yes I can see how that could be assumed but it's not always the case.

I agree. If memory doesn't fail me, the Bburago is actually heavier than the FX. Is the Bburago better made than the FX? Well, no.

Latest 'Loots':

1/18 Norev Mercedes S600

#11 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12761 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 08:10 AM

It feels like plastic, and sounds like it. When I close the doors it sounds cheap. When I pick it up everything about it feel like a toy, not a model. There have been few models that feel this way, and most of those have been from Welly.

#12 OFFLINE   Talha Ahmad Farooqui

Talha Ahmad Farooqui

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1916 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Gaming, Photography
  • Number of Models:50ish
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart/ Kyosho.
  • Proud Citizen of: pk

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:37 AM

I'd love to add one of these, It'd look great besides my AUTOart and BB. Yet the shipping costs are high :(
Click here to see my collection! :)
Posted Image
Also check out my Flickr

#13 OFFLINE   haveblue

haveblue

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 209 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Spark, CMC

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:07 PM

I had no idea they were even making this second improved release - good news for me since I didn't want to pay AutoArt's price for an Aventador.

#14 OFFLINE   mt_jt

mt_jt

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1042 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:10 AM

View Postpreisman, on 11 April 2014 - 08:10 AM, said:

It feels like plastic, and sounds like it. When I close the doors it sounds cheap. When I pick it up everything about it feel like a toy, not a model. There have been few models that feel this way, and most of those have been from Welly.

So now the fact that it "sounds like plastic" according to you this is another mark against Welly?
You don't like the Welly Aventador for your own stated reasons, fair enough. But I will add that I've seen three AUTOart Aventadors up close at retail and was a bit surprised by a couple of things with those too. I had my heart set on buying one but as I had the FX one, and after seeing the AUTOart versions, I didn't feel like spending the $200 to replace the FX.
But yes, if you say the AUTOart ones are heavier and sound less plasticky then that could be important to some collectors.

#15 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12761 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:53 AM

View Postmt_jt, on 12 April 2014 - 04:10 AM, said:

So now the fact that it "sounds like plastic" according to you this is another mark against Welly?
You don't like the Welly Aventador for your own stated reasons, fair enough. But I will add that I've seen three AUTOart Aventadors up close at retail and was a bit surprised by a couple of things with those too. I had my heart set on buying one but as I had the FX one, and after seeing the AUTOart versions, I didn't feel like spending the $200 to replace the FX.
But yes, if you say the AUTOart ones are heavier and sound less plasticky then that could be important to some collectors.

It is what is important to the collector themselves. Everyone has their own reason why they like or dislike a model. And for myself, a $100 model should not feel like a toy.

#16 OFFLINE   VRVPROD

VRVPROD

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 540 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:05 AM

View Postpreisman, on 12 April 2014 - 04:53 AM, said:

It is what is important to the collector themselves. Everyone has their own reason why they like or dislike a model. And for myself, a $100 model should not feel like a toy.
It myay feel like a toy, but when you display it in a glass cabinet with the doors open, no one will think its a toy

Latest 'Loots':

1/18 Norev Mercedes S600

#17 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12761 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:11 AM

View PostVRVPROD, on 12 April 2014 - 05:05 AM, said:

It myay feel like a toy, but when you display it in a glass cabinet with the doors open, no one will think its a toy

Haha, I am sure the majority of people in the world think these are toys

#18 OFFLINE   mt_jt

mt_jt

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1042 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 06:18 AM

View Postpreisman, on 12 April 2014 - 05:11 AM, said:

Yeah no kidding, of course they're toys. But so are the 1:1 scale ones!

#19 OFFLINE   mazspd3jase

mazspd3jase

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 797 posts
  • Interests:Cars, billiards, bowling, the outdoors
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit/Otto, Norev, Welly/Welly FX, Minichamps, & yes even Bburago/Maisto

Posted 26 May 2016 - 08:42 PM

View Postpreisman, on 12 April 2014 - 05:11 AM, said:

+1 man....NONE of my close friends collect diecasts....and all view them as nothing more than expensive toys and trinkets.......doesnt matter how cheap or expensive a model is.  If someone isnt aware of the different brands/levels of companies out there, ALL models are seen as toys by them.  As someone else said, "value" is subjective to the collector essentially....and the eventual rarity/availability of any given model.  in the end, we pay for our addictions....and in the "used market" the initial cost of a model at release time also becomes somewhat subjective.  Hard to put a $ value on models because at any given time, the final price one can get for a model depends on whether or not there's another person out there "craving it".

#20 OFFLINE   xxx

xxx

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 120 posts
  • Favorite Brands:xxx
  • Proud Citizen of: wf

Posted 26 May 2016 - 11:51 PM

Wow, you ressurected this old thread to say that on a forum for model car collecting!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.