Who thinks BBR should make diecast again? - BBR | Blue Moon - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums - Page 2

Who thinks BBR should make diecast again?

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   roman.gras

roman.gras

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 473 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: es

Posted 10 September 2014 - 01:53 PM

I really would like them to come back to diecast!! models like the BB512 or Ferrari 375 Plus look very nice! Although I'm not sure the prices would be as cometitive as when they launched these 2 models...

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#27 OFFLINE   Alex

Alex

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2109 posts
  • Interests:Sports Cars and Exotics: 90's-Present
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:37 PM

View PostRafael Oliveira, on 26 May 2014 - 08:14 PM, said:

The joy that you get by having such an awesome piece of engineering, with every little detail replicated in the exact material that it is made of in 1:1...

Forget about the shape, if you can't open it to see what's inside, discover things that you could never find in real life and feel the mechanics of the machine, you're loosing a lot more than 50%... and you are paying for not getting it... it's like Ferrari charging you for taking away the radio and the carpets Posted Image

You took the words right out of my mouth. More diecasts is never a bad thing. However pricing, paint issues (Kyoshos) and a lack of diversity in their offerings make me almost certain that endeavor would flop.

#28 OFFLINE   Morbo-Zim

Morbo-Zim

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2356 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, BBR, CMC, Hotwheels Elite, Exoto, GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: nl

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:46 AM

View PostPhatboi101, on 17 June 2014 - 06:16 AM, said:

Thanks for the insight Rosso, very interesting. I bet a lot of collectors wished they finished the Scuderia and 16M before making the decision to stop diecast production (myself included).
I guess the Enzo has been milked to death to recoup some of the loss on the 375 and 512BB production. They really should have done the Scuderia first as it surely would have been more popular.
Opening resins, with current market prices, is not the way to go IMO. Resins are expensive enough already unless they can figure a cost effective way of doing it, and do it well.

I also heard from BBR customer service that the 16M would have to be prohibitively expensive to be cost efficient, and they don't believe people wouild by it at a higher price. I though their estimate was around €450 - 500 a year ago

If it's not die-cast, it won't have a crumple zone

#29 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 8963 posts
  • Number of Models:not sure anymore
  • Favorite Brands:whoever makes opening JDMs
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 11 September 2014 - 07:58 AM

If CMC can make a profit on some obscure old cars some collectors haven't even heard of, how does BBR not make a profit on making a diecast model of a Ferrari? Has to be cause of Mattel Elite (which will soon be out of the picture)
I mod stuff

Wes

#30 OFFLINE   Alex

Alex

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2109 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:19 AM

So you're saying that the only way BBR can be successful is if they have no competition. With their prices I agree with you 110% :giggle:

#31 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 8963 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:27 AM

Lol yeah I think so. Especially cheaper quality competition
I mod stuff

Wes

#32 OFFLINE   Alex

Alex

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2109 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

Apples and oranges. Since you want to put it that way the REAL question is: Is a BBR $500 better? It's none of my business how you guys spend your money, but it seems foolish IMHO.

#33 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 8963 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:38 AM

Well I paid $250 for my 512BB and it's probably the best model I have, CMCs and Exotos included. Is it worth $100-150 more than an Elite? Without question.
I mod stuff

Wes

#34 OFFLINE   Alex

Alex

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2109 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 11:47 AM

Agreed. But the VAST majority of their offerings are in the $500 plus range. And you know the proposed d iecasts will be AT LEAST double what you paid for yours. The news was posted here yesterday.

#35 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 8963 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 12:06 PM

Oh are they actually considering making them? Sorry, I missed the news.
I mod stuff

Wes

#36 OFFLINE   Alex

Alex

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2109 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:00 PM

Whoops, I misread. However, for the sake of conversation their current prices of the resin LaFerrari, 458 Italia, F430 and F12 should be a good indicator of where things would stand.

#37 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 8963 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 01:19 PM

Resin is always more expensive though, for some odd reason.
I mod stuff

Wes

#38 OFFLINE   Alex

Alex

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2109 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:22 PM

Strange. It seems to me like it would be so much more tedious to create a diecast with all the added engine, suspension and opening bits. Not to mention you are working with metal instead of resin. I know it's directly related to the lifespan of the molds. Personally I don't really care. Just as you I am 100% resin-free. No husks for me.

#39 OFFLINE   Josh

Josh

• DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 9417 posts
  • Number of Models:350+
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOART Highway 61 Hot Wheels Elite Ertl Authentics

Posted 11 September 2014 - 02:39 PM

Resin is much cheaper to work with than diecast, but they cannot make nearly as many models. I have a friend who makes custom farm toys from Resin, Diecast, and Brass. Of those three Resin is by far the least  expensive he has told me. So that is one reason why I do not buy Resin, people complain about Autoart ripping us off, but to me the Resin companies are even worse.

Feel free to View My Collection Thread
http://www.diecastxc...and-collection/

It is an excellent source of Carbohydrates! Posted Image

#40 OFFLINE   Alex

Alex

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2109 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 03:04 PM

View Postsmokeyfan, on 11 September 2014 - 02:39 PM, said:

people complain about Autoart ripping us off, but to me the Resin companies are even worse.
Precisely.

As for my last post, I wanted to delete it and can't, so I put that mark there. Admin please delete. That's one thing about this place I don't like.

#41 OFFLINE   Autobahn

Autobahn

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3294 posts
  • Interests:F1, TopGear, and the St. Louis Cardinals
  • Number of Models:140
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit, Norev, OTTO

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:23 PM

View PostAlex, on 11 September 2014 - 02:22 PM, said:

Strange. It seems to me like it would be so much more tedious to create a diecast with all the added engine, suspension and opening bits. Not to mention you are working with metal instead of resin. I know it's directly related to the lifespan of the molds. Personally I don't really care. Just as you I am 100% resin-free. No husks for me.

I don't get it either.  I prefer die-cast to resin.  The only resin models I own are E34 and E39 BMW M5s, and that's because (1) OTTO models are MUCH cheaper than BBR, FrontiArt, etc. and (2) these cars will probably never be offered as 1/18 die-casts.  I have this temptation to buy the BBR C7 Stingray because I think it's the best looking Corvette since the C2 Sting Ray of the 1960s, but at $300, I'd much rather have an AUTOart Huayra and admire the many opening features and insane level of detail.  For a low-end model, the Maisto C7 Stingray gets the job done, and if I want to see the C7 in more detail, I'll flip open my brochure or look at the pictures of the 1:1 that I downloaded.  I don't mind paying more for high-detail models, but value matters, and resins generally don't offer much value, at least not in my humble opinion.

Edited by Autobahn, 11 September 2014 - 05:06 PM.

Matt

Recent Purchases:
Auto World 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS, Blue Velvet Metallic
OTTO Ford Focus RS, Frozen White

#42 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 8963 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:33 PM

View PostAutobahn, on 11 September 2014 - 04:23 PM, said:

I have this temptation to buy the BBR C7 Stingray because I think it's the best looking Corvette since the C2s of the 1960s, but at $300, I'd much rather have an AUTOart Huyara and admire the many opening features and insane level of detail.  

That's funny, I had the same urge to get the BBR C7R racing version. It just looks totally perfect.
I mod stuff

Wes

#43 OFFLINE   Victor Lam

Victor Lam

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 305 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOART
  • Proud Citizen of: nz

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:34 PM

same here. I cannot understand the price tag on those resin models at all. Those price for a sealed model?! really? and ppl are pissed off for AUTOart's huayra? well, not that I think the huayra's rice tag is lovely, but hey, that is a model with hundreds of parts at least. and what is the average amounts of parts in a resin? 20? :dunno:
Further, some of those expensive resin model clearly looked like a sealed model because of those panel lines are too shallow. While a lot of times diecast model having the opposite problem, but when its been nicely done, the panel lines on a diecast could be more realistic than a resin. might be just me tho.

And I assume BBR will making a lot more profit keep making resin, and seeing no reason for change if ppl buying their resin models. The scary thing is, if resin keep selling good, more company could be doing resin instead of diecast. It seems many new company into the business are mostly doing resin only, isn't it?

Edited by Victor Lam, 11 September 2014 - 04:37 PM.

checkout my collection here:
http://www.diecastxc...ate-31-01-2014/
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#44 OFFLINE   StratosWRC

StratosWRC

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 8963 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 04:46 PM

Yeah it's a terrifying new trend. I shudder to think what this hobby would be without opening bits! Don't think that would ever happen though.
I mod stuff

Wes

#45 OFFLINE   Alex

Alex

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2109 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:36 PM

AUTOart isn't going anywhere. Kyosho and Minichamps need to step-up their game because they're currently flat-lining in my opinion. And, I'm really sad HWE will be no more :bawling:

Those are really the only companies I'm interested in. Everything else is resin, expensive and resin or stuff that I'm not interested in :twocents:

#46 OFFLINE   Z06Bob

Z06Bob

• DX Community
  • 26 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, AutoArt, Welly, well, Most of 'em! Don't like resin though...

Posted 18 October 2014 - 04:20 PM

Price for price I prefer CMC products over BBR resins, even if CMC doesn't do (many) modern subjects. I would definitely buy other BBR C7 Stingrays (have the red resin model) if they were opening diecast items (with rotating wheels PLEASE!) Autoart help us here! I will pay for a premium offering of my favorite cars but give me eye candy, interesting features and excellent quality for my money. I think resin is a too easy way out.

Edited by Z06Bob, 18 October 2014 - 04:25 PM.

#47 ONLINE   kevinb120

kevinb120

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1370 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, TSM

Posted 16 January 2015 - 04:45 PM

Maybe the Porsche 934 RSR would of been a better choice then the 375 to get things to take off, there's about 150 liveries with very little differences in the car's build... Still can't believe it's only been ever made by one company.

#48 OFFLINE   ws6_22

ws6_22

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1763 posts
  • Favorite Brands:gmp
  • Proud Citizen of: es

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:21 AM

never,for them is more profitable and and earn more money,continue with the resin cars than the diecast cars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.