A Petition to GT Spirit - DX Model Petitions - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums - Page 2

A Petition to GT Spirit

• Please log in to reply
269 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   Gavin

Gavin

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 9008 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:29 PM

being a huge fan of the Porsche marque, I've been really happy with their selections thus far.  I only have 3, but they've so far been pretty much perfect.

Can't wait to add more.  Also, I believe a collector known as Impression was a former member here...from what I've read, he is the driving force behind GTS.

Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#27 OFFLINE   guggga

guggga

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2500 posts
  • Favorite Brands:No preference.
  • Proud Citizen of: in

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:16 PM

Mercedes CLR, I'd buy multiples!

#28 OFFLINE   Blitz

Blitz

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2080 posts
  • Favorite Brands:depends on the subject matter

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:23 PM

Jaguar F-type  V8 coupe

#29 OFFLINE   BMW Fan

BMW Fan

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1179 posts
  • Interests:Commercial Aviation, Cars, Food, Traveling
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, AutoArt, Minichamps (in their glory days)

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:34 PM

Now that GT Spirit has made the 1M, they should continue and make the M4. It would fly out the doors.
Recent Additions:

AUTOart BMW E46 M3 CSL (Black)
AUTOart Lexus LFA (Matte Black)

Posted Image

#30 OFFLINE   Autobahn

Autobahn

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3294 posts
  • Interests:F1, TopGear, and the St. Louis Cardinals
  • Number of Models:140
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit, Norev, OTTO

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:40 PM

View PostBMW Fan, on 04 September 2014 - 09:34 PM, said:

Now that GT Spirit has made the 1M, they should continue and make the M4. It would fly out the doors.

Second that.  I am stunned and severely disappointed that Paragon or another manufacturer hasn't even hinted at making a 1/18 M4 yet.  :gaah:
Matt

Recent Purchases:
Auto World 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS, Blue Velvet Metallic
OTTO Ford Focus RS, Frozen White

#31 OFFLINE   udo

udo

• DX Community
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Bmw cars
  • Favorite Brands:kyosho

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:05 AM

Yes m4   and in the future the m4 gts

#32 OFFLINE   Josh

Josh

• DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 9417 posts
  • Number of Models:350+
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOART Highway 61 Hot Wheels Elite Ertl Authentics

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:19 AM

My petition is please diversify beyond BMW and Porsche. I would like to see some more challenging subject matter. 911's and BMW's are rather dull, I would love to see this company tackle the high end supercars that MR, BBR, Peako, and Frontiart do and do them at a much lower price. I am convinced people are getting ripped off paying 500 and 600 and 700 dollars for resin supercars, so it would be interesting to see what a company like GTS could do pricewise. GT spirit seems to be the most "affordable" resin company. So far the biggest reason I have not bought resin, is because I cannot seriously consider paying 600 dollars for a sealed model made from an inferior material to diecast. If GTS or Otto were to do Pagani Zondas for example that looked as good or better as a Peako and charged 150 dollars for them I believe they would have many collectors placing orders.

I am not trying to insult those who like BMW or Porsche, but there are plenty of BMW and Porsche models out there, Pagani is a company that has been under produced in scale models. Also The F type for me please, and the new Vette would be great and the Viper, Challenger Hellcat, Huracan, SLS Black, and if they want to keep doing Porsches, than do a proper street 918!

Feel free to View My Collection Thread
http://www.diecastxc...and-collection/

It is an excellent source of Carbohydrates! Posted Image

#33 OFFLINE   Autobahn

Autobahn

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3294 posts
  • Interests:F1, TopGear, and the St. Louis Cardinals
  • Number of Models:140
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit, Norev, OTTO

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:01 PM

View Postsmokeyfan, on 05 September 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

My petition is please diversify beyond BMW and Porsche. I would like to see some more challenging subject matter. 911's and BMW's are rather dull, I would love to see this company tackle the high end supercars that MR, BBR, Peako, and Frontiart do and do them at a much lower price. I am convinced people are getting ripped off paying 500 and 600 and 700 dollars for resin supercars, so it would be interesting to see what a company like GTS could do pricewise. GT spirit seems to be the most "affordable" resin company. So far the biggest reason I have not bought resin, is because I cannot seriously consider paying 600 dollars for a sealed model made from an inferior material to diecast. If GTS or Otto were to do Pagani Zondas for example that looked as good or better as a Peako and charged 150 dollars for them I believe they would have many collectors placing orders.

I am not trying to insult those who like BMW or Porsche, but there are plenty of BMW and Porsche models out there, Pagani is a company that has been under produced in scale models. Also The F type for me please, and the new Vette would be great and the Viper, Challenger Hellcat, Huracan, SLS Black, and if they want to keep doing Porsches, than do a proper street 918!

I agree completely, except someone needs to make the new M3 and M4 ASAP!  I can't believe I can buy a 1/18 S-Class Coupe before I can go see the 1/1 at my Mercedes-Benz showroom, yet the M3/M4 are relatively old news and I still can't find a model for either car in any scale?  I miss the days when Kyosho released just about every Bimmer and AUTOart had Porsche covered well.  Going back to your point, however, I absolutely agree about the need for companies like GT Spirit to make supercars at much more affordable prices than BBR, Frontiart, etc.  I look at the $500+ models and those from GTS and OTTO and I just don't get why the former models are worth hundreds of dollars more than the latter.

BTW, I'd love to see them make several of the cars you mentioned, including the Corvette Stingray, Jaguar F-Type, the SRT Viper, Hellcat Challengers and Chargers, etc.
Matt

Recent Purchases:
Auto World 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS, Blue Velvet Metallic
OTTO Ford Focus RS, Frozen White

#34 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6036 posts
  • Interests:Theology, motoring, and art
  • Favorite Brands:Spark, HPI, Bizarre, and Premium ClassiXXs

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:09 PM

View Postsmokeyfan, on 05 September 2014 - 10:19 AM, said:

This! :agreed:

I certainly hope that our friends at GT Spirit are reading this thread. I couldn't agree with you more, Josh. I'm certain most everyone here feels the exact same way as you. They definitely need a bit of diversity, and hopefully that will come as they continue to establish themselves as a reputable company. :occasion14:

View PostAutobahn, on 05 September 2014 - 05:01 PM, said:

I look at the $500+ models and those from GTS and OTTO and I just don't get why the former models are worth hundreds of dollars more than the latter.

Matt, you raise an extremely valid point. While I don't mean to diss other resin model makers, the high prices do seem a bit absurd. And, the absurdity is no longer an exclusive problem with the 1:18 scale... even the 1:43 scale has seen some awkward price hikes from the makers of premium resin models.

#35 OFFLINE   Josh

Josh

• DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 9417 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:00 PM

Well guys lets hope that GT spirit does see this, I think they are one of the few that are looking at places like this to hear what collectors have to say. They seem like a company with a lot to offer and a lot to like, now I just wish they would do some non german cars so I could support them some.

#36 OFFLINE   Pegasus Seiya

Pegasus Seiya

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 434 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Bburago
  • Proud Citizen of: ad

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:17 PM

I say let's not get happy with the petitions - As much as I like the releases, I would MUCH rather have any of those models mentioned with full-opening features.  It's not like GT Spirit models are that cheap anyway.
Posted Image

#37 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6036 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:33 PM

View PostPegasus Seiya, on 05 September 2014 - 09:17 PM, said:

I say let's not get happy with the petitions - As much as I like the releases, I would MUCH rather have any of those models mentioned with full-opening features.  It's not like GT Spirit models are that cheap anyway.

There are plenty of other manufacturers who are making models with opening features. If you don't like what GT Spirit has to offer, then perhaps you could start a petition to a model manufacturer who caters toward your taste. :occasion14:

I think GT Spirit's prices are very competitive considering what other resin model manufacturers are asking these days. Simply put, models are becoming more and more expensive. :twocents:

#38 OFFLINE   Pegasus Seiya

Pegasus Seiya

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 434 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 09:59 PM

View PostMatthew, on 05 September 2014 - 09:33 PM, said:

There are plenty of other manufacturers who are making models with opening features. If you don't like what GT Spirit has to offer, then perhaps you could start a petition to a model manufacturer who caters toward your taste. Posted Image

I think GT Spirit's prices are very competitive considering what other resin model manufacturers are asking these days. Simply put, models are becoming more and more expensive. Posted Image

Thing is, I really like what they've been offering; the 3.8 RS, the RS 4, the M3 GTS and 1M Coupe to name a few. And it's not like there aren't enough petition threads for full-opening models that haven't been made before out there.  I think every forum I've been to has a thread like that -- How well are those working?  What I would like, personally, is for a diecast model maker to not be turned off from making a specific full-opening model because GT Spirit or Otto beat them to it, or worse, make them lazy (Minichamps) because they realize that openings aren't all that important when people are now buying curbside models.
Posted Image

#39 OFFLINE   VeeDub Matt

VeeDub Matt

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 6036 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:06 PM

View PostPegasus Seiya, on 05 September 2014 - 09:59 PM, said:

What I would like, personally, is for a diecast model maker to not be turned off from making a specific full-opening model because GT Spirit or Otto beat them to it, or worse, make them lazy (Minichamps) because they realize that openings aren't all that important when people are now buying curbside models.

Companies like GT Spirit, Otto, MR, and other sealed resin makers don't exactly compete in the same arena as die-cast makers like AUTOart, Minichamps, or Maisto. In other words, resin models tend to appeal to a specific audience. I don't think GT Spirit is making companies like Minichamps "lazy." Rather, Minichamps has been on a decline for a few years now (despite their inflated price tags).

The production of die-cast models with opening features can be costly, so most die-cast companies try to produce models that will sell in large volume. Not to mention, these manufacturers tend to favor model moulds that can be "milked" for several years to come. It's all about recouping production costs.

Resin models are not nearly as complex to produce. The majority of the production costs are spent on the appearance of the model, and not complex assembly. As a result, resin model manufacturers are able to produce subject matter that is not heavily represented in the die-cast medium. Typically, resin model makers will favor automobiles that attract the discerning collector.

#40 OFFLINE   momodels

momodels

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 848 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, CMC, Kyosho
  • Proud Citizen of: sk

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:58 AM

BMW M8 Prototype E31
BMW 850CSi E31
BMW M745i E23 (South Africa version)
BMW 750iL Highline E32
BMW L7 E38
BMW 760Li E66 (prefacelift with styling 101 wheels)
BMW 320iS E30
BMW M5 Touring E34
BMW M5 Touring E61
BMW X5 4.8iS E53
BMW X5M E70
BMW Z4M Roadster E85
BMW M3 CRT Sedan E90

#41 OFFLINE   audirs6

audirs6

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3108 posts
  • Interests:Photography
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart and CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: si

Posted 25 September 2014 - 04:34 PM

RS6 C5 Limo please!

#42 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 14574 posts
  • Interests:Family. LFC. F1. WEC. Model Cars. Movies. The Grand Tour. Top Gear
  • Favorite Brands:Gulf & Martini Porsche's.
  • Proud Citizen of: uk

Posted 25 September 2014 - 05:23 PM

I am very sorry, But I have to disagree with you there, GT S are making models that the main stream model maker's aren't making yet, And I am sure there are plenty here that would agree with me here, Their prices are extremely competitive in today's  over inflated market!!!  To take a model that is highly desirable and be able to sell it for less that £70 is awesome in my opinion. Plus they are making models NOW... That could take the likes of AUTOart or Minichamps years to come out with!

So to say they aren't that cheap is a little silly really.   :twocents:

Edited by Dave7872, 25 September 2014 - 05:30 PM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If one does not fail at times, Then one has not challenged himself "

Ferdinand Porsche.

My Showcase Pictures.... Click here

#43 OFFLINE   Pegasus Seiya

Pegasus Seiya

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 434 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:06 PM

You're entitled to your opinion.  You find my post silly; I find yours ignorant - My $0.02 also - To put it into perspective, for the price of a GT Spirit model in the US, I can buy 10 Maistos.  Maybe once GTS is widely distributed then the price could be lower and maybe then I would have less of a hard time buying one.  Again, I like what they make but at $100+, I hesitate a little.
Posted Image

#44 OFFLINE   Josh

Josh

• DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 9417 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:24 PM

Whoa Lets not go saying someone's else's post is ignorant! Cmon Peg those statements will earn you nothing but disrespect, c'mon man.

#45 OFFLINE   Pegasus Seiya

Pegasus Seiya

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 434 posts

Posted 25 September 2014 - 06:27 PM

Sorry, sorry...
Posted Image

#46 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 14574 posts
  • Interests:Family. LFC. F1. WEC. Model Cars. Movies. The Grand Tour. Top Gear
  • Favorite Brands:Gulf & Martini Porsche's.
  • Proud Citizen of: uk

Posted 26 September 2014 - 01:53 AM

@ Pegasus.... I can only dream of being able to pick up models like this for around $100. Not GBP but Dollar's.

Yes its a shame GT S aren't more available to you guys in the states, But on the other hand, Just have a look at the prices you guys in the US pay for the likes of Exoto and AUTOart. Over here in the EU ( not in mention the prices in Asia/Australia too )  we have to pay twice what you guys pay!  Maybe even more.

Anyways.... I think this is getting a touch off the subject.

Edited by Dave7872, 22 October 2014 - 06:08 PM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If one does not fail at times, Then one has not challenged himself "

Ferdinand Porsche.

My Showcase Pictures.... Click here

#47 OFFLINE   . . .

. . .

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1815 posts
  • Favorite Brands:. . .
  • Proud Citizen of: rs

Posted 18 October 2014 - 09:21 PM

View Postmomodels, on 06 September 2014 - 01:58 AM, said:

BMW M8 Prototype E31
BMW 850CSi E31
BMW M745i E23 (South Africa version)
BMW 750iL Highline E32
BMW L7 E38
BMW 760Li E66 (prefacelift with styling 101 wheels)
BMW 320iS E30
BMW M5 Touring E34
BMW M5 Touring E61
BMW X5 4.8iS E53
BMW X5M E70
BMW Z4M Roadster E85
BMW M3 CRT Sedan E90
Except tourings I would buy every one you mentioned. . .
With Z4 M in dark red pleas :D

#48 OFFLINE   UDPride

UDPride

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 438 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AutoArt

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:25 AM

Id rather have a resin model done right with no opening features, than a metal model done half-arse. Which is why I stopped buying Minichamps about 5 years ago.

Throw the bad fruit at me for saying this, but who cares if a $15 Maisto has opening doors and hood. The entire engine bay is one giant molded piece of single-colored plastic with two giant industrial sized dog legs holding the hood up -- usually sprayed only halfway. Id be happier if Maisto sealed every model they manufactured, spent more time making their exteriors halfway respectable, and charged the same amount. I guess my attitude is, if you are only charging $15-20 for a model, there is only so much value you can put into it and still make a profit. Rather than try to thin the product's quality down so much by trying to do far too much with far too little, perhaps you'd be better served scaling back your model's features that add additional cost such as opening doors and hoods and trunks and pose-able steering -- and instead concentrated your modest goals in the places where folks would see the most ROI and satisfaction.

Don't get me wrong however. All things being equal, I prefer models with opening features. But thats an important caveat.  I have no issues with sealed companies like GT Spirit and Spark, nor their price points. From what I have seen thus far in the models I own (aside from a manufacturer defect on a GTS I own), the places they are concentrating their R&D on (exterior and fixed interiors) is quite evident and obvious compared to other models at the same price point attempting to hit every note on the piano.

Edited by UDPride, 19 October 2014 - 01:29 AM.

2006 CAYMAN S GUARDS RED | 1988 911 TURBO COUPE GUARDS RED | 2005 BMW M3 COUPE PHOENIX YELLOW | 1997 BMW M3 SEDAN HELLROT

#49 OFFLINE   VarioCam+

VarioCam+

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1033 posts
  • Interests:Cars,Movies,Tech,Model Cars,Photography...
  • Favorite Brands:Whatever looks Good.
  • Proud Citizen of: de

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:28 AM

For the love of all that is good in the world please make  an RWB ( they can even use their wierd colour schemes i dont mind) ,these models would be sold out in a flash..i personally would buy 3.

#50 OFFLINE   W16

W16

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 127 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, FrontiArt, BBR, MR,
  • Proud Citizen of: de

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:46 PM

Seeing the new GT3 RS for a "cheap" 299€ I feel like GTS has to make one too!!!

PS: I don´t mind if they make all 4 colours...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.