Post-War American Passenger Cars - 1:43 (and smaller) Brands - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Post-War American Passenger Cars

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lub oswego

lub oswego

• DX Community
  • 30 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Spark - Bizarre
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:38 PM

Your opinion please. What 1/43 brands consistently produced the best post WW II (up to about 1960) models of American passenger cars? Examples: Plymouth, Packard, Mercury, Hudson, etc. I found some Buby Collector Classics (Argentina) that are pretty decent. Brooklins seem very expensive and the pictures of them show a "clumsiness" in execution. What other brands should I consider?

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   preisman

preisman

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 12135 posts
  • Interests:Pink supercars and ugly French cars
  • Number of Models:Far too many
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:33 AM

Neo has some great looking cars and they do a lot of American cars from the 70s and 80s. They are expensive but look really on point. Minichamps might have some choices too. True Scale has made some good looking Cadillac 75 Series. Sometimes they can be found pretty cheap. Also look at Matrix and PremiumX.

#3 OFFLINE   JSB 33

JSB 33

Bronze Member

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPipPip
  • 10432 posts
  • Interests:Family, Cars (1:1 & 1:43) Automotive books, Guns, yard work and gardening
  • Favorite Brands:M/C, Spark, Bizarre

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:53 AM

Not a fan of Brooklins, charming in some ways but not very realistic and extremely expensive. But, they make cars of the era that you desire.
As Jon mentioned, there is a smattering of offerings from a few makers, but not a lot of choice.
Jeff

Like things in a smaller scale? Try Scale143

Click on my banner to see my website

Posted Image

#4 OFFLINE   David H

David H

• DX Community
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Collector of 1:43 models, older toy cars, and the like.
  • Favorite Brands:Brooklin

Posted 26 October 2015 - 09:39 AM

Sorry  that  I  missed this a year ago.  I have several models from your favorite era, and I confess quickly that Brooklins are my favorite.  It helps that I also like to work with Bare-Metal chromium foil.   Durham Classics in Canada has some fine models, and more recently Matrix is doing great work in resin.  I have a Matrix Rambler on order right now. I suggest you go to Forum 43 of the Legacy site and see what's being discussed.  It's a fine hobby, and I enjoy my 1:43 models.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.