A Petition to CMC - DX Model Petitions - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums - Page 6

A Petition to CMC

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#126 OFFLINE   Mike K

Mike K

• DX Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 5459 posts
  • Number of Models:100-110
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Autoart, UT, Cult, Tecnomodel
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 15 April 2020 - 03:34 PM

View Postferrariforever, on 15 April 2020 - 12:07 PM, said:

If they really don't need to pay any license fee to the 1:1 brand if the model is old enough, then the most profitable model would be a Ferrari, any 60s Ferrari model will sell like hot cake.

I was told that their DB4 zagato, Talbot, and the type C are sold less than their Ferrari models.

I think as any other manufacturer, they should maximize their profit.

Other manufacturers don't have problems selling classic Astons and Jags.  Before AutoArt reissued the E-Type, it was selling for well into CMC money, and some others like the Cult XK120 are completely gone from the market.  I think that CMC has continued to make great choices as far as subject matter, the real question is if they're worth the money any more.  I've never pulled the trigger on the DB4 Zagato, even though it's one of my favorite cars, because of the glaringly wrong tires and wheels.  And then they did it again with the C-Type, after another price increase.  The Talbot seems to be by far the best out of those 3, but I waited to get one at a discount, just because it's not easy to justify $400+ on any one model, even when it's really good.
Maybe only their Ferraris and Mercedes can survive this trend.  Come to think of it, now I'd rather see reissues of the 250 California, GT SWB, Uhlenhaut than anything else.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#127 OFFLINE   jandro_f1

jandro_f1

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2037 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Autoart, Kyosho, Minichamps, Exoto, BBR, Spark, HPI
  • Proud Citizen of: cr

Posted 15 April 2020 - 03:41 PM

I would like to see a Bentley Embiricos or the blue train :drool5: , Mercedes 300SL gullwing, BMW 507, Porsche 356 GT, Porsche 910, Maserati A6GS and the 275/C Speciale.

#128 OFFLINE   rapide66

rapide66

• DX Community
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Ferrari, Aston Martin, Audi
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt
  • Proud Citizen of: hk

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:31 PM

View PostMike K, on 15 April 2020 - 03:34 PM, said:

If they really don't need to pay any license fee to the 1:1 brand if the model is old enough, then the most profitable model would be a Ferrari, any 60s Ferrari model will sell like hot cake.

I was told that their DB4 zagato, Talbot, and the type C are sold less than their Ferrari models.

Other manufacturers don't have problems selling classic Astons and Jags.  Before AutoArt reissued the E-Type, it was selling for well into CMC money, and some others like the Cult XK120 are completely gone from the market.  I think that CMC has continued to make great choices as far as subject matter, the real question is if they're worth the money any more.  I've never pulled the trigger on the DB4 Zagato, even though it's one of my favorite cars, because of the glaringly wrong tires and wheels.  And then they did it again with the C-Type, after another price increase.  The Talbot seems to be by far the best out of those 3, but I waited to get one at a discount, just because it's not easy to justify $400+ on any one model, even when it's really good.
Maybe only their Ferraris and Mercedes can survive this trend.  Come to think of it, now I'd rather see reissues of the 250 California, GT SWB, Uhlenhaut than anything else.

Totally agreed, those models seem to be selling above US$6xx (in some colours) and continue to be highly sought after. Since they already have the molding for models like the 250 SWB and 250 California, it would be interesting if they could release maybe 1-2 more colours for those.

Edited by rapide66, 15 April 2020 - 07:32 PM.

#129 OFFLINE   ferrariforever

ferrariforever

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2822 posts
  • Interests:European patent prosecution
  • Favorite Brands:no favorite
  • Proud Citizen of: nl

Posted 16 April 2020 - 06:33 AM

View PostMike K, on 15 April 2020 - 03:34 PM, said:

I agree that the AUTOart E-Type is selling quite well.
But looking at the recent CMC models, I think their Ferrari models are the best selling models. It can be argued that Ferrari has the largest fan base. The Talbot can be a beautiful car/model according to some people, but the brand is just too obscure.
So from a business point of view, I'm sure CMC knows how to maximize their profit.
BTW, I applaud for the diversity of making various models, but business is business.
Feel free to have a look of my collection on DX.
http://www.diecastxc...dels-kyosho-m5/

#130 OFFLINE   jandro_f1

jandro_f1

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2037 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 05:33 PM

I would buy a dark blue Ferrari 250 GT SWB competizione or normal with camel or tan leather interior. But if they decide to re-release the rosso I wouldn't complain!!! That's one of my favorite Ferraris.

#131 ONLINE   vulpex

vulpex

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1702 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: de

Posted 18 April 2020 - 07:51 AM

Meanwhile CMC has made all pre-war silver arrows by MB and Auto Union.
But they have the W154 only in the version of 1938. :gaah:

Hard to understand because the 1939er W154 represents the climax of silver arrows and is such a beautiful race car.

==> Please CMC, do the W154 of 1939, PLEASE!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

#132 OFFLINE   jandro_f1

jandro_f1

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2037 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 05:58 PM

Since CMC is making Ferraris, I would love a 250 LM and a Porsche 910 & 911R since they have the 901 base.

#133 OFFLINE   Guiddy

Guiddy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1782 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 29 May 2020 - 03:46 AM

View Postjandro_f1, on 28 May 2020 - 05:58 PM, said:

Since CMC is making Ferraris, I would love a 250 LM

+1 for sure! There are few classic Ferraris that are more stunning than the LM! It would sell well too

#134 OFFLINE   simondc07

simondc07

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3652 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Sports, Finance, Poker, and the Wild
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC, GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 29 May 2020 - 09:18 AM

View PostGuiddy, on 29 May 2020 - 03:46 AM, said:

+1 for sure! There are few classic Ferraris that are more stunning than the LM! It would sell well too

I have been waiting patiently for the Exoto XS Ferrari 250LM. But I am not game enough to pre-order from Exoto directly. The 250LM is my favourite Ferrari - I have the 1/18 Amalgam but would love a fully opening diecast version as well

Posted Image

#135 OFFLINE   jandro_f1

jandro_f1

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2037 posts

Posted 29 May 2020 - 05:48 PM

View Postsimondc07, on 29 May 2020 - 09:18 AM, said:

I have been waiting patiently for the Exoto XS Ferrari 250LM. But I am not game enough to pre-order from Exoto directly. The 250LM is my favourite Ferrari - I have the 1/18 Amalgam but would love a fully opening diecast version as well

The 250 Ferraris are among my favorite: 250GT, 250 GTO, 250P & 250LM. I have the Hot Wheels elite version, not that bad. But I would love a CMC model of that car! Also a 330 P4 would be just my dream! That's my favorite racing Ferrari of all.

#136 OFFLINE   Guiddy

Guiddy

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1782 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 01 June 2020 - 09:55 AM

Is it fair to say that is never coming? Are Exoto even making new models anymore?

#137 ONLINE   . . .

. . .

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1816 posts
  • Favorite Brands:. . .
  • Proud Citizen of: rs

Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:15 PM

View PostGuiddy, on 01 June 2020 - 09:55 AM, said:

Is it fair to say that is never coming? Are Exoto even making new models anymore?

I read somewhere that Exoto usually likes to wait to get certain amount of preorders and then to start production. However, since their preorders take at least forever if not longer, I really wouldn't feel comfortable making preorder on anything. In particular, I don't feel comfortable because in preorders you pay "full" price, while final product can cost several (3-4) times less.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.