A Petition to CMC - DX Model Petitions - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums - Page 6

Jump to content


A Petition to CMC


  • Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#126 OFFLINE   Mike K

Mike K

    Senior Member

  • DX Moderator
  • PipPip
  • 5602 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Humboldt County, California
  • Number of Models:120+
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, older Autoart and UT, Cult, Tecnomodel
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 15 April 2020 - 03:34 PM

View Postferrariforever, on 15 April 2020 - 12:07 PM, said:

If they really don't need to pay any license fee to the 1:1 brand if the model is old enough, then the most profitable model would be a Ferrari, any 60s Ferrari model will sell like hot cake.

I was told that their DB4 zagato, Talbot, and the type C are sold less than their Ferrari models.

I think as any other manufacturer, they should maximize their profit.

Other manufacturers don't have problems selling classic Astons and Jags.  Before AutoArt reissued the E-Type, it was selling for well into CMC money, and some others like the Cult XK120 are completely gone from the market.  I think that CMC has continued to make great choices as far as subject matter, the real question is if they're worth the money any more.  I've never pulled the trigger on the DB4 Zagato, even though it's one of my favorite cars, because of the glaringly wrong tires and wheels.  And then they did it again with the C-Type, after another price increase.  The Talbot seems to be by far the best out of those 3, but I waited to get one at a discount, just because it's not easy to justify $400+ on any one model, even when it's really good.
Maybe only their Ferraris and Mercedes can survive this trend.  Come to think of it, now I'd rather see reissues of the 250 California, GT SWB, Uhlenhaut than anything else.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

  • DieCastXChange.com



#127 OFFLINE   jandro_f1

jandro_f1

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2117 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Autoart, Kyosho, Minichamps, Exoto, BBR, Spark, HPI
  • Proud Citizen of: cr

Posted 15 April 2020 - 03:41 PM

I would like to see a Bentley Embiricos or the blue train :drool5: , Mercedes 300SL gullwing, BMW 507, Porsche 356 GT, Porsche 910, Maserati A6GS and the 275/C Speciale.

#128 OFFLINE   rapide66

rapide66

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 296 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hong Kong
  • Number of Models:<40
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt
  • Proud Citizen of: hk

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:31 PM

View PostMike K, on 15 April 2020 - 03:34 PM, said:

View Postferrariforever, on 15 April 2020 - 12:07 PM, said:

If they really don't need to pay any license fee to the 1:1 brand if the model is old enough, then the most profitable model would be a Ferrari, any 60s Ferrari model will sell like hot cake.

I was told that their DB4 zagato, Talbot, and the type C are sold less than their Ferrari models.

I think as any other manufacturer, they should maximize their profit.

Other manufacturers don't have problems selling classic Astons and Jags.  Before AutoArt reissued the E-Type, it was selling for well into CMC money, and some others like the Cult XK120 are completely gone from the market.  I think that CMC has continued to make great choices as far as subject matter, the real question is if they're worth the money any more.  I've never pulled the trigger on the DB4 Zagato, even though it's one of my favorite cars, because of the glaringly wrong tires and wheels.  And then they did it again with the C-Type, after another price increase.  The Talbot seems to be by far the best out of those 3, but I waited to get one at a discount, just because it's not easy to justify $400+ on any one model, even when it's really good.
Maybe only their Ferraris and Mercedes can survive this trend.  Come to think of it, now I'd rather see reissues of the 250 California, GT SWB, Uhlenhaut than anything else.

Totally agreed, those models seem to be selling above US$6xx (in some colours) and continue to be highly sought after. Since they already have the molding for models like the 250 SWB and 250 California, it would be interesting if they could release maybe 1-2 more colours for those.

Edited by rapide66, 15 April 2020 - 07:32 PM.


#129 OFFLINE   ferrariforever

ferrariforever

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3386 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Netherlands
  • Interests:European patent prosecution
  • Favorite Brands:no favorite
  • Proud Citizen of: nl

Posted 16 April 2020 - 06:33 AM

View PostMike K, on 15 April 2020 - 03:34 PM, said:

View Postferrariforever, on 15 April 2020 - 12:07 PM, said:

If they really don't need to pay any license fee to the 1:1 brand if the model is old enough, then the most profitable model would be a Ferrari, any 60s Ferrari model will sell like hot cake.

I was told that their DB4 zagato, Talbot, and the type C are sold less than their Ferrari models.

I think as any other manufacturer, they should maximize their profit.

Other manufacturers don't have problems selling classic Astons and Jags.  Before AutoArt reissued the E-Type, it was selling for well into CMC money, and some others like the Cult XK120 are completely gone from the market.  I think that CMC has continued to make great choices as far as subject matter, the real question is if they're worth the money any more.  I've never pulled the trigger on the DB4 Zagato, even though it's one of my favorite cars, because of the glaringly wrong tires and wheels.  And then they did it again with the C-Type, after another price increase.  The Talbot seems to be by far the best out of those 3, but I waited to get one at a discount, just because it's not easy to justify $400+ on any one model, even when it's really good.
Maybe only their Ferraris and Mercedes can survive this trend.  Come to think of it, now I'd rather see reissues of the 250 California, GT SWB, Uhlenhaut than anything else.

I agree that the AUTOart E-Type is selling quite well.
But looking at the recent CMC models, I think their Ferrari models are the best selling models. It can be argued that Ferrari has the largest fan base. The Talbot can be a beautiful car/model according to some people, but the brand is just too obscure.
So from a business point of view, I'm sure CMC knows how to maximize their profit.
BTW, I applaud for the diversity of making various models, but business is business.
Feel free to have a look of my collection on DX.
http://www.diecastxc...dels-kyosho-m5/

#130 OFFLINE   jandro_f1

jandro_f1

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2117 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Autoart, Kyosho, Minichamps, Exoto, BBR, Spark, HPI
  • Proud Citizen of: cr

Posted 17 April 2020 - 05:33 PM

I would buy a dark blue Ferrari 250 GT SWB competizione or normal with camel or tan leather interior. But if they decide to re-release the rosso I wouldn't complain!!! That's one of my favorite Ferraris.

#131 OFFLINE   vulpex

vulpex

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2605 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: de

Posted 18 April 2020 - 07:51 AM

Meanwhile CMC has made all pre-war silver arrows by MB and Auto Union.
But they have the W154 only in the version of 1938. :gaah:

Hard to understand because the 1939er W154 represents the climax of silver arrows and is such a beautiful race car.

==> Please CMC, do the W154 of 1939, PLEASE!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

#132 OFFLINE   jandro_f1

jandro_f1

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2117 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Autoart, Kyosho, Minichamps, Exoto, BBR, Spark, HPI
  • Proud Citizen of: cr

Posted 28 May 2020 - 05:58 PM

Since CMC is making Ferraris, I would love a 250 LM and a Porsche 910 & 911R since they have the 901 base.

#133 OFFLINE   Guiddy

Guiddy

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2121 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sunny Essex
  • Favorite Brands:CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 29 May 2020 - 03:46 AM

View Postjandro_f1, on 28 May 2020 - 05:58 PM, said:

Since CMC is making Ferraris, I would love a 250 LM

+1 for sure! There are few classic Ferraris that are more stunning than the LM! It would sell well too

#134 OFFLINE   simondc07

simondc07

    Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3824 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Melbourne
  • Interests:Cars, Sports, Finance, Poker, and the Wild
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC, GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 29 May 2020 - 09:18 AM

View PostGuiddy, on 29 May 2020 - 03:46 AM, said:

View Postjandro_f1, on 28 May 2020 - 05:58 PM, said:

Since CMC is making Ferraris, I would love a 250 LM

+1 for sure! There are few classic Ferraris that are more stunning than the LM! It would sell well too

I have been waiting patiently for the Exoto XS Ferrari 250LM. But I am not game enough to pre-order from Exoto directly. The 250LM is my favourite Ferrari - I have the 1/18 Amalgam but would love a fully opening diecast version as well

Posted Image


#135 OFFLINE   jandro_f1

jandro_f1

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2117 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Autoart, Kyosho, Minichamps, Exoto, BBR, Spark, HPI
  • Proud Citizen of: cr

Posted 29 May 2020 - 05:48 PM

View Postsimondc07, on 29 May 2020 - 09:18 AM, said:

View PostGuiddy, on 29 May 2020 - 03:46 AM, said:

View Postjandro_f1, on 28 May 2020 - 05:58 PM, said:

Since CMC is making Ferraris, I would love a 250 LM

+1 for sure! There are few classic Ferraris that are more stunning than the LM! It would sell well too

I have been waiting patiently for the Exoto XS Ferrari 250LM. But I am not game enough to pre-order from Exoto directly. The 250LM is my favourite Ferrari - I have the 1/18 Amalgam but would love a fully opening diecast version as well

The 250 Ferraris are among my favorite: 250GT, 250 GTO, 250P & 250LM. I have the Hot Wheels elite version, not that bad. But I would love a CMC model of that car! Also a 330 P4 would be just my dream! That's my favorite racing Ferrari of all.

#136 OFFLINE   Guiddy

Guiddy

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2121 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sunny Essex
  • Favorite Brands:CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 01 June 2020 - 09:55 AM

View Postsimondc07, on 29 May 2020 - 09:18 AM, said:

View PostGuiddy, on 29 May 2020 - 03:46 AM, said:

View Postjandro_f1, on 28 May 2020 - 05:58 PM, said:

Since CMC is making Ferraris, I would love a 250 LM

+1 for sure! There are few classic Ferraris that are more stunning than the LM! It would sell well too

I have been waiting patiently for the Exoto XS Ferrari 250LM. But I am not game enough to pre-order from Exoto directly. The 250LM is my favourite Ferrari - I have the 1/18 Amalgam but would love a fully opening diecast version as well

Is it fair to say that is never coming? Are Exoto even making new models anymore?

#137 OFFLINE   . . .

. . .

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1966 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston, TX
  • Favorite Brands:. . .
  • Proud Citizen of: rs

Posted 01 June 2020 - 02:15 PM

View PostGuiddy, on 01 June 2020 - 09:55 AM, said:

View Postsimondc07, on 29 May 2020 - 09:18 AM, said:

View PostGuiddy, on 29 May 2020 - 03:46 AM, said:

View Postjandro_f1, on 28 May 2020 - 05:58 PM, said:

Since CMC is making Ferraris, I would love a 250 LM

+1 for sure! There are few classic Ferraris that are more stunning than the LM! It would sell well too

I have been waiting patiently for the Exoto XS Ferrari 250LM. But I am not game enough to pre-order from Exoto directly. The 250LM is my favourite Ferrari - I have the 1/18 Amalgam but would love a fully opening diecast version as well

Is it fair to say that is never coming? Are Exoto even making new models anymore?

I read somewhere that Exoto usually likes to wait to get certain amount of preorders and then to start production. However, since their preorders take at least forever if not longer, I really wouldn't feel comfortable making preorder on anything. In particular, I don't feel comfortable because in preorders you pay "full" price, while final product can cost several (3-4) times less.

#138 OFFLINE   takumiae86

takumiae86

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 200 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:1/18 Model cars mostly
  • Number of Models:more than 200 but electronically limited to 300
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, BBR, Autoart, Exoto, Almost Real
  • Proud Citizen of: jp

Posted 15 July 2020 - 05:00 PM

Since they are making the BMW 328, they should do the BMW 507 as their next BMW model. There is no "good" 507 model which I find incredible.

As for race cars, they should do the Alfa Romeo Alfetta 159. That is the only Fangio winning car they dont make. I know Exoto makes one but the price is too high and I have never seen it at dealers. At a price point similar to the D50 Lancia with similar details is good for me.

#139 OFFLINE   simondc07

simondc07

    Member

  • DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3824 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Melbourne
  • Interests:Cars, Sports, Finance, Poker, and the Wild
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC, GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 15 July 2020 - 06:58 PM

View Posttakumiae86, on 15 July 2020 - 05:00 PM, said:

Since they are making the BMW 328, they should do the BMW 507 as their next BMW model. There is no "good" 507 model which I find incredible.

As for race cars, they should do the Alfa Romeo Alfetta 159. That is the only Fangio winning car they dont make. I know Exoto makes one but the price is too high and I have never seen it at dealers. At a price point similar to the D50 Lancia with similar details is good for me.

I agree about the 507 BMW - it is too pretty to be overlooked. I would also love to see a Lamborghini 350GT / 400GT and perhaps some Pegasos. But the one model I would really like to see from CMC would be a Ferrari 365 GTBS4 - aka Daytona Spyder. There are a couple of older copies around but a CMC rendition I certainly would desire.

Posted Image


#140 OFFLINE   jandro_f1

jandro_f1

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2117 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Autoart, Kyosho, Minichamps, Exoto, BBR, Spark, HPI
  • Proud Citizen of: cr

Posted 15 July 2020 - 07:48 PM

View Posttakumiae86, on 15 July 2020 - 05:00 PM, said:

Since they are making the BMW 328, they should do the BMW 507 as their next BMW model. There is no "good" 507 model which I find incredible.

As for race cars, they should do the Alfa Romeo Alfetta 159. That is the only Fangio winning car they dont make. I know Exoto makes one but the price is too high and I have never seen it at dealers. At a price point similar to the D50 Lancia with similar details is good for me.

Yes the 507 is really a nice sportscar! As for race cars, I would like CMC to do a 910 Porsche or the 917K winning car.

#141 OFFLINE   . . .

. . .

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1966 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston, TX
  • Favorite Brands:. . .
  • Proud Citizen of: rs

Posted 16 July 2020 - 10:05 AM

I don't think CMC will do 507. I don't think there is a big market for it. I always thought if CMC does one BMW, it will be 2002 turbo. I was quite surprised to see they are doing 328. I do understand historical importance of that car (somewhere I read once, it won almost all races it started or it has the biggest number of victories), but taking into the account how much trouble AUTOart had to sell it out, and taking into the account how good AUTOart 328 is, I really don't understand why they are making it instead of turbo. However, I am going to get it for sure. I just hope they will do 328 coupe because AUTOart is now on $300+ and I don't like it. . .

#142 OFFLINE   Arnage

Arnage

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1211 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Canada
  • Interests:Modern and classic cars
  • Number of Models:160
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, AUTOart, BBR, Tecnomodel
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 16 July 2020 - 12:24 PM

Even if I would like a 507 to be done I agree that the chances are pretty slim.

I believe the window of opportunity is starting to get narrower for CMC to do cars from the 30's to the 50's besides historically significant ones. The majority of their buyers are born in the 60's to 90's  and are much more interested in 60's, 70's and 80's cars. That's where the market is now for classic cars whether they are 1:1 or 1:18.
See my collection here
Instagram:
@stradale333

#143 OFFLINE   ferrariforever

ferrariforever

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3386 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:The Netherlands
  • Interests:European patent prosecution
  • Favorite Brands:no favorite
  • Proud Citizen of: nl

Posted 16 July 2020 - 02:43 PM

Totally agree with above, that's why I'm very surprised by their newest announcement of the BMW 328 and the Alfa Romeo car pre-war car.

Statistically the 60's style just resonates much more with the current collectors than the 30's style.

If CMC doesn't need to pay license fee, they should just make any 60's Ferrari, like 250lm, guaranteed big sells.


Feel free to have a look of my collection on DX.
http://www.diecastxc...dels-kyosho-m5/

#144 OFFLINE   rapide66

rapide66

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 296 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Hong Kong
  • Number of Models:<40
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt
  • Proud Citizen of: hk

Posted 31 August 2020 - 09:13 AM

View Postferrariforever, on 16 July 2020 - 02:43 PM, said:

Totally agree with above, that's why I'm very surprised by their newest announcement of the BMW 328 and the Alfa Romeo car pre-war car.

Statistically the 60's style just resonates much more with the current collectors than the 30's style.

If CMC doesn't need to pay license fee, they should just make any 60's Ferrari, like 250lm, guaranteed big sells.

Yes I do hope the 250 LM is in the pipeline, along with a 330 P4 and 275 GTB/C Speciale.

I recently came across this stunning DB4 GT Zagato in a completely original Peony Red that's about to be auctioned by Gooding & Company. Would it be too much of an ask for them to add a limited run in this colour using existing molds?

https://www.youtube....h?v=EV0y4TXBMmI
Posted Image

#145 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

    Administrator

  • DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33063 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 01 September 2020 - 08:21 AM

Oh my!!! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: I'd buy one!!

F**k you Photobucket.



Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE


#146 OFFLINE   Guiddy

Guiddy

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2121 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sunny Essex
  • Favorite Brands:CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 02 September 2020 - 02:16 AM

View Postrapide66, on 31 August 2020 - 09:13 AM, said:

View Postferrariforever, on 16 July 2020 - 02:43 PM, said:

Totally agree with above, that's why I'm very surprised by their newest announcement of the BMW 328 and the Alfa Romeo car pre-war car.

Statistically the 60's style just resonates much more with the current collectors than the 30's style.

If CMC doesn't need to pay license fee, they should just make any 60's Ferrari, like 250lm, guaranteed big sells.

Yes I do hope the 250 LM is in the pipeline, along with a 330 P4 and 275 GTB/C Speciale.

I recently came across this stunning DB4 GT Zagato in a completely original Peony Red that's about to be auctioned by Gooding & Company. Would it be too much of an ask for them to add a limited run in this colour using existing molds?

https://www.youtube....h?v=EV0y4TXBMmI


Or realize that this is the actual shape of a DB4 GT Zagato and not that roof chopped monstrosity that got released!

#147 OFFLINE   . . .

. . .

    Member

  • DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1966 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Houston, TX
  • Favorite Brands:. . .
  • Proud Citizen of: rs

Posted 06 September 2020 - 11:14 PM

Suggestion for CMC, just go to Jay Leno's garage and start making models of all cars made before 1950 one by one. I don't know how other people feels, but every time when I watch him if he presents car from before 1950, I get a wish to own it. In particular when I see his Bugattis. . . Man. . . It is such a beautiful craftsmanship.

Edited by . . ., 06 September 2020 - 11:14 PM.


#148 OFFLINE   vulpex

vulpex

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2605 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: de

Posted 25 October 2020 - 09:43 AM

Mercedes 770, Autobahn-Kurier and Maybach Zeppelin, please!! :yahoo:

#149 OFFLINE   vulpex

vulpex

    Member

  • DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2605 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, Exoto, AUTOart
  • Proud Citizen of: de

Posted 04 June 2021 - 05:45 AM

Having the W100 Pullman out it should be small step for CMC to build the famous Nallinger Coupe… :yahoo:




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users





Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.