Interchangeable Wheels - Wheels, Brakes and Stance works - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Interchangeable Wheels

3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   collector62

collector62

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 349 posts
  • Interests:Collecting diecast models & collecting swords
  • Favorite Brands:Best Bang for Buck!!!!
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 22 January 2015 - 10:11 AM

Can anyone share personal experience or knowledge as to which model manufacturers 1:18 wheels are interchangeable, (i.e. putting Norev wheels on a Maisto, etc.). Which have similar posts, and so on?

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Nocky

Nocky

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 5254 posts
  • Interests:Diecast, models, customized cars
  • Favorite Brands:Bburago
  • Proud Citizen of: nz

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:36 AM

Well Maisto and MotorMax wheels can be swapped easily if you take out the inner "fitting" on the Maisto wheel, and Bburagi - Maisto swaps can usually be done with a little change...
Universal Hobby Landrovers have a central screw holding the wheels and so can be swapped with any other wheels that use a central screw...

I haven't taken wheels of a Norev model... I may have a look later today if they come off easily... Cheers

Custom Diecast, Just DO IT!
Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   3rd gen owner

3rd gen owner

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 334 posts
  • Interests:Cars big and small especially my 1:1 1987 Pontiac Firebird
  • Favorite Brands:Any one really

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:25 PM

I'm not much for modding. But I did play around with wheel swaps a few times and I do know that Motormax wheels fit on welly hubs. And greenlight cars. At least the 3rd generation firebirds once you remove the wheels the wheel hub is held on by a screw,so if you remove the screw that allows for other wheels to fit
1987 Pontiac Firebird base model
2.8 V6. 4 speed automatic overdrive transmission
American racing outlaw II wheels
All original except for a possibly lowered front suspension and 29,000 miles on a rebuilt engine

#4 OFFLINE   PDDispatcher

PDDispatcher

• DX Community
  • 2 posts
  • Interests:Collecting Diecast. Hunting and fishing. B&W movies, (the only TRUE style of movie)
  • Favorite Brands:Anyone who makes MoPar

Posted 24 January 2015 - 09:09 PM

Well, this is actually the question I have to ask.  I have about 45 1/18 scale American Muscle, Hot Wheels, Motor Max and Ertl's.  Which brand is it easiest to do complete wheel/tire swaps?  On some models, those "dogdish" wheels sure leave something to be desired!  So I'm just trying to improve the looks on a few that I have but don't want to get into a disaster and destroy something. I'm very mechinally inclined so not going to get lost. I just want to make a few I have look better.  If someone knows of either a video or directions on any of those I've listed, I'd appreciate it.  And if someone has an opinion on which maker of wheels is better than another, I'd also be happy to hear that.  Thanks.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.