USPS "Delivery status not updated" - FedEx | UPS | USPS - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

USPS "Delivery status not updated"

11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4583 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:57 AM

I sent out an insured item without signature confirmation because the buyer preferred not to. The status was "Out for delivery" yeaterday morning.

So today I checked the status, it says "delivery status not updated". What should my next move besides calling the usps? Should I ask the buyer if he received the package or not. Im afraid by asking I might give them a chance to make thing up like "oh I havenot received it". OMG when it rains it pours...problem after problem...

Have anyone here experienced this and the result turned up good due to the post man didnot scan the item upon delivery?

Edited by blieu118, 18 February 2015 - 08:55 AM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   littlerockshhd

littlerockshhd

• DX Moderator
  • Pip
  • 4485 posts
  • Favorite Brands:GT Spirit

Posted 18 February 2015 - 08:57 AM

Maybe the postman didn't deliver it. Just wait and see If the buyer leaves feedback. If they didn't receive it, they'll let you know, trust me!

#3 OFFLINE   Craig

Craig

Administrator

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31620 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC/ Exoto/ FrontiArt/ OttO Mobile/ UT Models
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:06 AM

Brandon, Brandon, Brandon!!

Has being on here taught you nothing? NEVER send something unsigned because a buyer asks you too!!!! I'd leave it be. If he doesn't get it (or decides to con you) he'll be on to you complaining.

F**k you Photobucket.

Please feel free to check out my 1/18 collection HERE

#4 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4583 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:14 AM

View PostCraig, on 18 February 2015 - 09:06 AM, said:

Brandon, Brandon, Brandon!!

Has being on here taught you nothing? NEVER send something unsigned because a buyer asks you too!!!! I'd leave it be. If he doesn't get it (or decides to con you) he'll be on to you complaining.

I know what you mean Craig but I understand how frustrating it is to miss a delivery and have to go pick it up or not able to pick it up at all due to work and wait until the weekend to pick it up. Thats why I fulfilled his request. Plus I bought insurance for it...well just hae to go through the trouble to file a claim if it does happen...thanks for the reminder though. Its better to be hassle to the buyer and gives myself a piece of mind like you said.

#5 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 4416 posts
  • Interests:NFL, Auto racing, playing pool, collecting large-scale diecast racing cars (1/18th and up)
  • Number of Models:1/10th: 2; 1/12th: 1; 1/18th: 176; 1/43rd: 5
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, GMP, Minichamps, Carousel 1, Auto Art

Posted 18 February 2015 - 09:36 AM

"Delivery status not updated" is actually a USPS issue, not a recipient problem. All it means is the delivery person has not posted any additional information as to the status of the package. Unfortunately, not all USPS people are reliable when it comes to doing so; I've had problems with mailpersons failing to update the system as to the status of a delivery, thereby leaving me in the same limbo you're trapped in, or, worse, marking a package as delivered when in fact it hadn't been. I live in an large apartment complex with tiny mailboxes and no structure to receive packages on residents' behalf so when the recipient doesn't respond to getting buzzed by the doorman on the deliverer's behalf, the mailperson will take the package to the local station and leave a pink slip (but not always the same day!).

Give it another day or two and then, if the status hasn't changed, call the USPS and ask for the numbers of the branch servicing the address AND of the depot servicing the branch. If the package isn't at the branch waiting for the recipient to pick it up, call the depot and have the manager question the delivery person for that route.

Good luck!
I just want someone whose baggage goes with mine [from "Rent"]...
- Red

My 1/18th collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...16/#entry557038

My 1/43rd collection thread: http://www.diecastxc...d-riverside-300

#6 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4583 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:17 AM

View PostJersey_Devil, on 18 February 2015 - 09:36 AM, said:

"Delivery status not updated" is actually a USPS issue, not a recipient problem. All it means is the delivery person has not posted any additional information as to the status of the package. Unfortunately, not all USPS people are reliable when it comes to doing so; I've had problems with mailpersons failing to update the system as to the status of a delivery, thereby leaving me in the same limbo you're trapped in, or, worse, marking a package as delivered when in fact it hadn't been. I live in an large apartment complex with tiny mailboxes and no structure to receive packages on residents' behalf so when the recipient doesn't respond to getting buzzed by the doorman on the deliverer's behalf, the mailperson will take the package to the local station and leave a pink slip (but not always the same day!).

Give it another day or two and then, if the status hasn't changed, call the USPS and ask for the numbers of the branch servicing the address AND of the depot servicing the branch. If the package isn't at the branch waiting for the recipient to pick it up, call the depot and have the manager question the delivery person for that route.

Good luck!

Thanks Jersey thats very informative. Appreciate it!
I just called the post office. They said the "out for delivery" was an error scan and item is still in the post office. The receipient has been notified for pick up.

Edited by blieu118, 18 February 2015 - 10:18 AM.

#7 OFFLINE   JRP

JRP

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 710 posts
  • Interests:Wildlife Photography, Scale-models, ceramic model houses
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC, Pocher, AutoArt
  • Proud Citizen of: nl

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:12 AM

View Postblieu118, on 18 February 2015 - 08:57 AM, said:

I sent out an insured item without signature confirmation because the buyer preferred not to.

For my education because I don't understand why the recipient doesn't want to 'sign'.

1. You send 'with signature' and recipient isn't at home to take delivery - I assume mailman takes it to a central point and leaves a note behind
2. You send 'withOUT signature' and recipient isn't at home to take delivery - I assume mailman takes it to a central point and leaves a note behind

1. Recipient picks up from central point but you will never know
2. Recipient picks up from central point AND signs for it and you will know.

What's the benefit for the recipient to say "No sig" please???
Or is it a higher transport charge he's not willing to pay?
Rob

#8 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 4416 posts
  • Interests:NFL, Auto racing, playing pool, collecting large-scale diecast racing cars (1/18th and up)

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:16 AM

Just proved my point - I'm glad things look better today, blieu.

I actually have had minimal problems with our Postal Service, but all it takes is one person "out to lunch" about their own procedures to make us customers start looking at FedEx, et al. What good is an advanced tracking system if a noodge responsible for updating it refuses to use it properly?
- Red

#9 OFFLINE   wrx_triggerhappy

wrx_triggerhappy

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 5221 posts
  • Number of Models:Lost count
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, ERTL, SC, Greenlight

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:45 AM

View PostJersey_Devil, on 18 February 2015 - 11:16 AM, said:

I actually have had minimal problems with our Postal Service, but all it takes is one person "out to lunch" about their own procedures to make us customers start looking at FedEx, et al. What good is an advanced tracking system if a noodge responsible for updating it refuses to use it properly?

Exactly! Doesn't take much to make a trip for a package plus it keeps everything secure in case the model is expensive. If they don't want to sign then the package will be returned to sender and you will just have to refund the buyer.
Sam

Recent Additions:
Not much since the wife controls me and the money and the 93 octane isn't cheap!

my collection

#10 OFFLINE   Jersey_Devil

Jersey_Devil

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 4416 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:06 PM

View PostJRP, on 18 February 2015 - 11:12 AM, said:

View Postblieu118, on 18 February 2015 - 08:57 AM, said:

I sent out an insured item without signature confirmation because the buyer preferred not to.

For my education because I don't understand why the recipient doesn't want to 'sign'.

1. You send 'with signature' and recipient isn't at home to take delivery - I assume mailman takes it to a central point and leaves a note behind
2. You send 'withOUT signature' and recipient isn't at home to take delivery - I assume mailman takes it to a central point and leaves a note behind

1. Recipient picks up from central point but you will never know
2. Recipient picks up from central point AND signs for it and you will know.

What's the benefit for the recipient to say "No sig" please???
Or is it a higher transport charge he's not willing to pay?

View Postwrx_triggerhappy, on 18 February 2015 - 11:45 AM, said:

Because that would blow his witness protection cover :giggle:

View PostJersey_Devil, on 18 February 2015 - 11:16 AM, said:

Exactly! Doesn't take much to make a trip for a package plus it keeps everything secure in case the model is expensive. If they don't want to sign then the package will be returned to sender and you will just have to refund the buyer.

Actually, the "noodges" I was referring to are USPS employees, but your point still stands :smile: !
- Red

#11 OFFLINE   mobius

mobius

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1456 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, and Elite.

Posted 18 February 2015 - 12:44 PM

In my 12+ years of buying diecasts online, I've never once had to sign for a package.  The only time sellers added signature-confirmation are for large purchases (i.e. camera, laptop, etc). I also have this happen all the time where USPS doesn't update status while enroute. The status doesn't get updated until the package is delivered - so you see all of the stops it has made + delivery time once it has been delivered.

#12 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4583 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:29 AM

Parcel finally delivered but more nightmare to be followed:
http://www.diecastxc...__fromsearch__1

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.