#1 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4575 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:53 PM

So I received a damaged model from a seller in Italy. The seller agreed to let me send it back for repair. While waiting for the model to get back to the seller for repair, I received a letter from the post office saying they received an inquiry from te post office in Italy asking about the damaged item i received and they said I MUST report it if I received a damaged item. But the seller and I came to an agreement that I send it back for repair.

In the letter they gave me two options:
A. Tell them i receied a damaged model and which post office I reported to.

OR

B. Tell them no damage to item.

I believe the seller reported to their post office thats why I received the letter. But he agreed to let me send it back for repair, which means the post office should not get involved right? Before sending the model back I brought the damaged model to my local post office and they said if i reported it as damaged the item will be in the post office's possession since they will give me the money back, which is not what I wanted. I want my model to be repaired.
What should I do now? Thanks vm. Im so anxious...

Edited by blieu118, 02 March 2015 - 09:11 PM.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   kevinb120

kevinb120

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1370 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, TSM

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:20 PM

Yea, if they report damage right away you'll get the letter.  I've had this happen a couple times and one was sent back and one was worked out for a lower price that I fixed.  Just confirm the seller is accepting the model back, the insurance claim would be circumvented in that case anyway. If they sent you a return label, that shipping action is it's own transaction/label and not part of the original ticket/post.  You don't need to take any action.

#3 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4575 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 10:57 PM

View Postkevinb120, on 02 March 2015 - 10:20 PM, said:

Yea, if they report damage right away you'll get the letter.  I've had this happen a couple times and one was sent back and one was worked out for a lower price that I fixed.  Just confirm the seller is accepting the model back, the insurance claim would be circumvented in that case anyway. If they sent you a return label, that shipping action is it's own transaction/label and not part of the original ticket/post.  You don't need to take any action.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The model has been sent back to the seller for repair per his agreement before I received this letter. So theres nothing need to be done on my part correct? I can just ignore the letter am I right?

Edited by blieu118, 02 March 2015 - 10:58 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   kevinb120

kevinb120

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1370 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, TSM

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:36 PM

Yup nothing left to do.  I'd just keep it until you get your new/repaired model

#5 OFFLINE   ibj40

ibj40

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 5049 posts
  • Favorite Brands:.

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:41 PM

But watch out for black Suburbans or guys in really dark suits, walking around in your neighborhood, talking into their lapels.

:Jka:

#6 OFFLINE   blieu118

blieu118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4575 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 05:12 PM

Thanks guys!

View Postibj40, on 03 March 2015 - 03:41 PM, said:

But watch out for black Suburbans or guys in really dark suits, walking around in your neighborhood, talking into their lapels.

:Jka:

LOL!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.