#1 OFFLINE   Kostas Tsintzos

Kostas Tsintzos

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 152 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Bburago
  • Proud Citizen of: gr

Posted 20 March 2015 - 05:48 AM

I am trying to disassemble a Kyosho Countach for a friend and I am ready to drop it from the window. The model had some paint problems and as he didn't like the WW version we are gonna repaint it but to do so we must disassemble it. We have removed the wheels (the easy part) and we are stuck now.  What must be removed to open it and don't make it fly (from the window as I said before)?

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   audirs6

audirs6

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 3108 posts
  • Interests:Photography
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart and CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: si

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:39 AM

There must be some screws on the chassis ;)

#3 OFFLINE   Kostas Tsintzos

Kostas Tsintzos

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:55 AM

I have unscrewed everything visible (under wheels too) but it seems glued or something near the doors. First chance I will post photos!

#4 OFFLINE   Nocky

Nocky

• DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 5254 posts
  • Interests:Diecast, models, customized cars
  • Proud Citizen of: nz

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:05 PM

How did you get the wheels off?

Also, sometimes screws can be hidden on the chassis under the mufflers or exhusts... You have to pry them off first to get at the screw...

Custom Diecast, Just DO IT!
Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   Kostas Tsintzos

Kostas Tsintzos

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:17 AM

For the wheels you have to remove the Lambo logo from the center and you can see the screws that hold each wheel.

#6 OFFLINE   Kostas Tsintzos

Kostas Tsintzos

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:40 PM

After a while, we had some progress!!!
I found some hidden screws!

Posted ImageCountach Open by Nikos Alefantos, on Flickr

Edited by Kostas Tsintzos, 22 June 2015 - 07:03 AM.

#7 OFFLINE   kevinb120

kevinb120

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1415 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho, TSM
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 21 June 2015 - 10:49 PM

oh man can you repost some pics?  I have 5 of them and one's a basket case, may get creative on one :)

#8 OFFLINE   looney

looney

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1539 posts
  • Favorite Brands:UT
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:57 AM

yes I would also like to see some pics of how to disassemble it. I want to remove the spoiler from mine.

#9 OFFLINE   Kostas Tsintzos

Kostas Tsintzos

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:04 AM

Reposted the deleted photo!
There are 2 hidden screws there.

#10 OFFLINE   kevinb120

kevinb120

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1415 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:55 AM

Ohh,  I have a WW red with a bunch of issues but no missing parts.  I was thinking about wing delete and a metallic electric blue re-spray including the flares :yahoo:  All the window frame paint is on the glass itself so it's probably not terribly difficult with some time invested.

#11 OFFLINE   Kostas Tsintzos

Kostas Tsintzos

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 04:25 PM

There are screws hidden by the wheels too.
To remove the wheels you have to remove the bull badge from the center of each wheel and there are screws there too.

#12 OFFLINE   kevinb120

kevinb120

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1415 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 09:58 AM

Wow, taking mine apart was an exercise in futility!  It has screws hidden in and under the spare tire and the copious amounts of glue make it nearly impossible to avoid damaging something.  The parts count is also amazing for this car.  The center caps of the wheels were a nightmare alone.  The slightest pressure on the delicate lips of the wheels damages them, and two were glued in so tightly I had to drill them out to avoid any further damage.  Wheel removal is required to get to the screws in the fender wells.  Mine is a WW red that had damaged pop-ups so I decided what the heck.  After all the frustration getting it stripped down with all the new repairs required, this one is shelved for a while until I find some new patience to start working on it.  This one I didn't care much for as you could see a lot of the assembly glue and the paint wasn't great.  It was the newest version of the WW and the quality control was horrid compared to my earlier ones which are all essentially perfect.  On top of everything, the front bonnet hinges are spot welded to the frame, making removal very difficult as well.  Not easy to repaint with a hinged panel!  

I did get it very cheap(under $70) so I can live with it if it is a sacrifice.  No way in hell am I attempting to take apart my nicer ones.  If I get around to it, it will now need delicate wheel repair, some interior part touch ups, tons of glue removal, and repairing/reworking some of the plastic body parts.  I'll also have to make new center caps for the wheels. I added 20+ hours of work while taking it apart.  Reassembly will require all kinds of fiddling to fit the opening body panels while not damaging what will be fresh paint.

I highly recommend leaving them alone :)  This thing has more parts then an auto art signature lemans car, all in a ~$120 model. Pretty amazing actually. The body is so woven into the model's layered construction it is very difficult to break this car down.  If you own one with any issues, just display it with the best side showing :yahoo:

Edited by kevinb120, 20 July 2015 - 10:59 AM.

#13 OFFLINE   HighVoltage

HighVoltage

• DX Community
  • 33 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Lamborghini, Volvo

Posted 22 February 2021 - 09:26 AM

Bump on this very old topic.

View Postkevinb120, on 20 July 2015 - 09:58 AM, said:

Wow, taking mine apart was an exercise in futility!  It has screws hidden in and under the spare tire and the copious amounts of glue make it nearly impossible to avoid damaging something.  The parts count is also amazing for this car.  The center caps of the wheels were a nightmare alone.  The slightest pressure on the delicate lips of the wheels damages them, and two were glued in so tightly I had to drill them out to avoid any further damage.  Wheel removal is required to get to the screws in the fender wells.  Mine is a WW red that had damaged pop-ups so I decided what the heck.  After all the frustration getting it stripped down with all the new repairs required, this one is shelved for a while until I find some new patience to start working on it.  This one I didn't care much for as you could see a lot of the assembly glue and the paint wasn't great.  It was the newest version of the WW and the quality control was horrid compared to my earlier ones which are all essentially perfect.  On top of everything, the front bonnet hinges are spot welded to the frame, making removal very difficult as well.  Not easy to repaint with a hinged panel!  

I did get it very cheap(under $70) so I can live with it if it is a sacrifice.  No way in hell am I attempting to take apart my nicer ones.  If I get around to it, it will now need delicate wheel repair, some interior part touch ups, tons of glue removal, and repairing/reworking some of the plastic body parts.  I'll also have to make new center caps for the wheels. I added 20+ hours of work while taking it apart.  Reassembly will require all kinds of fiddling to fit the opening body panels while not damaging what will be fresh paint.

I highly recommend leaving them alone :)  This thing has more parts then an auto art signature lemans car, all in a ~$120 model. Pretty amazing actually. The body is so woven into the model's layered construction it is very difficult to break this car down.  If you own one with any issues, just display it with the best side showing :yahoo:

Kevin, can you give me any tips on removing the doors off a Kyosho Countach? I recently got one really cheap but one of the doors doesn't close right (leaves a gap) - I can see the metal rod that holds the door is bent, so if I can remove the door and straighten the rod, I'm fairly certain I can fix it.

But how do I get to remove the doors themselves?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.