#51 OFFLINE   looney

looney

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1497 posts
  • Favorite Brands:UT
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 24 March 2017 - 02:31 PM

Sorry to hear it. It's very frustrating I'm sure.

But think of it like this.  It now has Patina.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#52 OFFLINE   MXV

MXV

• DX Community
  • 73 posts
  • Number of Models:55
  • Favorite Brands:CMC, AutoART, Spark
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 27 September 2018 - 09:00 PM

This is horrific...I shall have to inspect my Bug forthwith.

#53 OFFLINE   will1066

will1066

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1614 posts
  • Favorite Brands:autoart
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 30 September 2018 - 09:21 AM

View PostUzair, on 05 May 2015 - 01:45 AM, said:

Gah that's a nightmare! Sorry that it happened to your model Marcio. CMC make good models but I've heard of their paint rash issues. They should definitely help you out, even if you bought it from a dealer in my personal opinion they need to stand behind their product.

Since electronics have been mentioned, at least there we get a warranty in the purchase contract. There is no such thing with diecast and as such this hobby is totally skewed towards the manufacturers. It is somewhat understandable that they themselves are not sure how the models would behave after 5 or 10 years, but then again these are very VERY expensive items and it is HIGH TIME that the big names such as CMC, Exoto, and AUTOart do the proper research in metals and paint to ensure that the finished product basically lasts forever.

When I am buying my models, especially the "high-end" diecast such as CMC, I am damn sure I want to keep it forever, pass it on to my next generation as heirlooms when the time comes. If however I start seeing paint rash or hearing more stories like this I will get out of this hobby. Therefore to keep collectors like me and I assume most of us here the manufacturers should come up with better paints and techniques. And plastic (ABS, resin, whatever) is not the answer if the model is to be called "diecast" :)

Paint rash doesn't discriminate. I would bet my bottom dollar that the manufacturers from the cheapest to the highest ends don't have strict controls over their factories half a world away on where and from whom they source their casting material. Chances are, they source from the same number of Zamac suppliers. And if their metal alloying processes are still less than pure, then that is likely causing the problems.

Sad to see the Bugatti destroyed. A number of my Autoarts are showing very early signs of paint rash.

Edited by will1066, 30 September 2018 - 09:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.