Biante News. - Archived model news. - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums - Page 3

Biante News.

86 replies to this topic

#51 Guest_bazzel_*

Guest_bazzel_*

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:33 PM

hi tony i dont no if i can get one i have asked larry but hereckons im to late bloody spewing.

cheers barry.

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#52 Guest_vxfan_*

Guest_vxfan_*

Posted 09 January 2007 - 04:47 PM

Oh Baz,that's a shocker mate! :omg
Only thing I can suggest is that you get on the old dog and bone and try a few diecast shops mate  :sos
I'll see what I can find for u too  bud.
:cheers
Tony.

#53 Guest_bazzel_*

Guest_bazzel_*

Posted 10 January 2007 - 04:51 PM

hi tony i sent larry a reminder that if someone does not pick there up im there.

cheers baz.

#54 Guest_vxfan_*

Guest_vxfan_*

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:15 PM

Hope he comes thru for u mate.
Tony.

#55 Guest_Sir Gary_*

Guest_Sir Gary_*

Posted 01 February 2007 - 08:01 PM

Mike (RR72) recently told me about these newly announced Biante Porsche race cars . Thanks buddy .

Gentleman Jim Richards Porsche GT3 Carrera cup. Finished 4th overall in the 2006 championship.

http://www.biante.co...oduct_18474.htm

Mike  kindly supplied this link so you can see pics of the real car Click Here

Another Porsche GT3 Cup car of Peter Fitzgerald has also been announced . He finished 14th overall in 2006

http://www.biante.co...oduct_18473.htm

See pics of the real car here Fitzgerald racing

2 very interesting cars if you fancy adding an Australian Porsche to your collection .

Thanks for the heads up Mike  :cheers

#56 Guest_vxfan_*

Guest_vxfan_*

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:01 PM

I like the look of these Gary.I would prefer the 2003 winning car but I may just get this one anyway.
Jim certainly has a very impressive resume eh?
Tony.

#57 OFFLINE   Road Runner 72

Road Runner 72

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3790 posts
  • Interests:Diecast ;)
  • Favorite Brands:Biante/GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: cx

Posted 03 February 2007 - 09:35 AM

No problems Gary, but this is going to be a world wide release, so it might mean a standard AUTOart release, feels same as the Aisan Cars?

Man I can't wait for the Jimbo car  :happy
Mad Mike
Posted Image

#58 OFFLINE   ajrichar

ajrichar

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1490 posts
  • Favorite Brands:HPI
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 04 February 2007 - 03:59 AM

I might have to put my hand up for this one.  Jim Richards is the consummate professional, and has an awesome track record (excuse the pun).
Anders
Posted Image

#59 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*

Posted 04 February 2007 - 10:23 AM

Will these be branded as AUTOart or Biante?

#60 OFFLINE   Road Runner 72

Road Runner 72

• DX Hall of Fame
  • Pip
  • 3790 posts
  • Interests:Diecast ;)
  • Favorite Brands:Biante/GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: cx

Posted 04 February 2007 - 10:24 AM

Going by the link from Biante, I feel the will be AUTOart.
Mad Mike
Posted Image

#61 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*

Posted 04 February 2007 - 10:29 AM

Thats what I saw as well.

#62 OFFLINE   ciprian

ciprian

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 681 posts
  • Interests:Diecast, Auto History, Music, Sports
  • Favorite Brands:GMP, Highway 61
  • Proud Citizen of: ro

Posted 10 June 2011 - 12:58 PM

Does anyone have the 1980 Holden Commodore VC SL/E painted in black/silver by Biante? (I tried searching around here, but no luck). If so, i would be grateful if you would post some pictures and some info regarding the quality. I know the VB brown version is very good, but i'm wondering about the paint on this one, as it has a two-tone scheme.

I'm also having trouble in finding detailed info about the real car, and i mean the SL/E option, not the VC Commodore in general. What kind of engine did they use? 3.3 litre or bigger?

Thanks!

Posted Image

Edited by ciprian, 10 June 2011 - 12:59 PM.

"If i can come up with a better mousetrap that is within the regulations, i ought to be allowed to use it", Jim Hall

#63 OFFLINE   El Cheapo

El Cheapo

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1221 posts
  • Interests:Long walks on the beach. But not really.
  • Favorite Brands:Biante, Classic Carlectables
  • Proud Citizen of: nz

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

I can't help you with the engines, but I do have pics, and I think I recall seeing a magazine advert with Peter Brock standing in front of a Commodore with this colour scheme. I'm positive it's a genuine paint scheme.

Here's some of my friend's pics   :10: They're an excellent model.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

[img]http://img156.images...ommodore011.jpg[/img

Edited by El Cheapo, 10 June 2011 - 03:22 PM.

Posted Image

#64 OFFLINE   MattyH

MattyH

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 201 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Biante

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:17 PM

hey.

from what i've seen of the model its a 4.2L V8.
On the 1:1 there was 2x 4.2L V8 options and 2x 5.0L V8 options.

Here's pics of a 1:1

http://australianmus...cle_view/101942

In terms of 1:18 - its a very well built model, good paint quality etc and can picked up for around $140 or less (AUS $)  which is pretty good for an Australian model.

#65 OFFLINE   ciprian

ciprian

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 681 posts
  • Interests:Diecast, Auto History, Music, Sports
  • Favorite Brands:GMP, Highway 61
  • Proud Citizen of: ro

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:00 AM

This is great! Your posts answered all of my questions. Your support is much appreciated  :10:
"If i can come up with a better mousetrap that is within the regulations, i ought to be allowed to use it", Jim Hall

#66 OFFLINE   ozzibaz

ozzibaz

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Diecast, Cars, Motor racing, Racing Games, Lego, Photography, Sci-Fi/Action/Animation movies/tv shows
  • Number of Models:about 140
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, Biante, Hot Wheels Elite

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:56 PM

I had a newsletter from Bridge Model Cars mentioning that Biante are planning to release a new tooling of the 1970 XW GTHO 64E Moffat Bathurst winner. This is what he said about it:

B18403H 1970 XW GTHO 64E  Moffat Bathurst winner (new  tooling)................$240 Due Dec  2011 NOTE: This  model was produced by BIANTE as part of the Moffat Collection about 10 years ago  and if this 2nd one goes ahead it will be the first time an Australian model  company has produced a 2nd version of a limited edition car.   New collectors that have only been collecting for a few years may  consider this great as they will have the chance to secure this car at retail  price however the majority of collectors will be very unhappy with this and it  will instill a fear that BIANTE are going to do this with many of their cars.   I feel that a programme of repeating other cars will not happen as  there are not too many cars that they would sell enough of to do this.   My view on this XW64E (if it goes ahead) is that it will be the  most destructive thing I will have seen a model company do to their own market  (and my business) since I entered the diecast industry 12 years ago.   Already some 1:18 collectors have stopped collecting after hearing  about this on forums etc. PEOPLE POWER: I have advised  BIANTE of my views on this as I am sure many other retailers have done however I  am only one voice, you as collectors need to let BIANTE know how you feel about  this. Don't ring them, send correspondence as it is more  powerful. EMAIL: [email protected] MAIL: Biante Model Cars, PO box 185, Bellmont 6984, WA.   FAX:  08-94795130
I am torn on this - for a new collector like me it seems like a great thing to be able to get a brand new model of a famous car that is long out of production and expensive to buy second hand. However, I understand what he is saying - it is not fair on collectors who have already purchased the model, some probably for rather inflated prices, all because of the understanding this was a limited edition model not to be repeated. As we know both Autoart and Kyosho have reissued models and in some cases made 'upgraded models'. As this is a new tooling, it seems like Biante is following the same route. Part of the thrill of collecting is wondering if the value of your model will go up in future, and if you want to sell later, that you will at least get a reasonable percentage on most models. With this plan, its probably going to erode the future values of all collectable Australian model cars. That said, I believe Classic Carlectables have been remaking some of the models that Biante made, so that has probably happened to a certain degree on those models anyway.

I think for a manufacturer like Biante that focuses on mainly Australian cars, there are only a limited number of 'famous and desirable' cars out there they can make. Its going to get harder and harder to find historic models they can produce that people will buy in quantities that are viable. Otherwise they would end up just making the current V8 Supercars series cars and current Ford/Holdens. I think as long as they don't rehash old models and make them improved somehow, then I am OK with that. I am sure many will think otherwise though. Perhaps they can be premium models so as to keep the value in the older products?

What do you think?

#67 OFFLINE   El Cheapo

El Cheapo

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1221 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:11 PM

I'm very with you on this. I've voiced my thoughts on the Biante forum, as have many others.

But, the biggest problem, as many have always said, is that price-tag. Moons ago, Biante said they'd try to scale back prices - and did with a few releases (the recent Holden VR/S V8 Supercars being some), but that pledge hasn't lasted long at all.

The remake of a 'limited edition' is what irks me most about this. If it happens to one car, where's the line to be drawn? There's still plenty of subjects sitting out there waiting to be made. Johnson/Moffat Mustangs, Super Tourers, Falcon XA Coupes, etc.

My retailer has already told me that 1:18 as a scale is on a decline, and 1:43 is going to be the way of the future. Sure, there's plenty who are fine with that. But the reliance on Australian diecast for sales puts both shop and consumer between a rock and a hard place. Our only real option is to kick up a fuss, not just for us, but for our retailers.
Posted Image

#68 OFFLINE   ozzibaz

ozzibaz

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 645 posts
  • Interests:Diecast, Cars, Motor racing, Racing Games, Lego, Photography, Sci-Fi/Action/Animation movies/tv shows

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:01 PM

I think the Super Tourers would have limited appeal going by how well the 1:1 series went, and same with Johnson's Mustang - he was never really competitive in that car so its really only for true Mustang/Johnson fans/completists Edit - sorry it did finish 2nd to Jim in 1985 but never won a championship race. It did look rather nice though :). But it kind of proves my point - there aren't alot of significant cars left that haven't been made already. I would really like models of George Fury's Bluebird Turbo and the R31 Peter Jackson Skyline, but I'm not sure there are enough people who would buy them. I notice they are releasing the #9 Bathurst Camaro and the JPS Jim Richards BMW M3, which would have similar interest levels so I guess its possible. Even if they did make them, I'm not sure I'd be willing to pay over $200 for them though.... A 1:43 for around $40-50 would be much easier to accept. I really hope 1:18's don't die, but the way prices are going there are only going to be a select few who can afford them. Either that or everyone will be buying much less of them!

I do like Biante/Autoarts, but there needs to be manufacturers like Welly/Maisto for Australian cars who can make reasonable efforts. Or perhaps Biante need to copy Hot Wheels and have several model levels - I'm not too concerned about lack of details or too much plastic, as long as they are to scale, and from the outside look reasonably close to the real thing, especially the wheels/tyres and the stance. And seeing what the difference in models are, if people got interested in the lower spec model they might be tempted to go for the high end version. Plus it would help get more people into collecting 1:18 again....

Edited by ozzibaz, 13 June 2011 - 11:16 PM.

#69 OFFLINE   Super Snail

Super Snail

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2174 posts
  • Interests:Sportscars, Prototype racers, Motorcycles, Cobra's, GT40's, Porsche
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:20 PM

Could not agree more about companies re releasing Limited Editions no matter how they are wrapped or presented. Minichamps were going to re release some limited edition Rossi collection motorcycles but the amount of stick they got they seam to have stepped back. AUTOart on the other hand are still intent on re releasing the Mazda 787B and after writing to them to complain I got the answer that this one was different due to the inclusion of a model of the 24 hour Trophy; big deal they just will not listen to reason. I can understand why some collectors are happy as they will be able to fill a spot but just were will it end? We paid a premium for the model in the first place due to it being a limited edition why bother if they are going to re releases it. The resale value will drop not that that bothers me to much but some people will be peeved about that. No Limited Edition means that it’s limited there are not going to be millions of them; they become a little bit special. I for one will never purchase a Limited Edition from AUTOart again unless it can be gotten cheap its just no worth it. All it means is that the company has no ethics and is chasing the all mighty dollar to the detriment of its collectors; it would never happen in any other biasness so why die cast?
I have often heard collector say why is it bothering you, your just being selfish, you have one we don’t it’s a great opportunity for us to obtain the same as you; all I can say is how are you going to feel in a few years time when they do the same again but this time you have the Limited Edition model?

Edited by Super Snail, 13 June 2011 - 11:23 PM.

Steve

#70 OFFLINE   ozzibaz

ozzibaz

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 645 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:32 PM

I'm agreed on the do not remake limited editions, otherwise why call them "limited editions"?

Just curious how you'd feel about something like the earlier Hot Wheels Elite models like the Enzo. Would you be opposed to Hot Wheels having another go at the Schumacher Enzo with their current quality levels vs the generally pretty patchy original quality, even though the original releases were limited editions?

Edited by ozzibaz, 13 June 2011 - 11:32 PM.

#71 OFFLINE   El Cheapo

El Cheapo

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1221 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:44 PM

ozzibaz, on 13 June 2011 - 11:32 PM, said:

I'm agreed on the do not remake limited editions, otherwise why call them "limited editions"?

Just curious how you'd feel about something like the earlier Hot Wheels Elite models like the Enzo. Would you be opposed to Hot Wheels having another go at the Schumacher Enzo with their current quality levels vs the generally pretty patchy original quality, even though the original releases were limited editions?

For me there's no exceptions. Anything with Limited Edition stamped on its base should be final. In Biante's defence slightly, the new Falcon will be a new mold from the ground up, and not just the old thing with a trophy/plaque. But still, no excuses.

IMO Super Tourers could be reasonable sellers overseas. In this case, Biante could pressure AUTOart to get some more going (we saw the first at the beginning of the year, perhaps more are on the horizon). Remembering there's 2 Bathurst Winning ST's out there. As for the DJ Mustangs, I'd liken them to the Moffat RX7's, which have sold reeeeasonably well themselves.
Posted Image

#72 OFFLINE   Super Snail

Super Snail

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2174 posts
  • Interests:Sportscars, Prototype racers, Motorcycles, Cobra's, GT40's, Porsche
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto, CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 13 June 2011 - 11:50 PM

I’d be two faced to say “why not” no a limited edition is just that. I have no problem with a company remaking models with a higher detail as long as they were not re leased as limited editions. In a few years time if Autoart made the 787B again but more detailed but made it an ordinary release I can understand that but to just make a Limited Edition again so that they can cash in on the demand its wrong.
Steve

#73 OFFLINE   El Cheapo

El Cheapo

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1221 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:41 PM

Brilliant news from Biante   :giggle:  Chris Roche issued this statement in the thread of complaints today:

To All Biante Collectors,

There has been some very vigorous debate of late with regards the following product:

B18403H - Ford XW GTHO Phase II - #64E Allan Moffat – 1970 Bathurst Winner

We included this item in our Annual Model Guide and more recently we included it in our Monthly Newsletter and Order Form.

As with all Models we announce, there is no guarantee that we will manufacture them, as there are a number of factors that go into the final decision making process. Order numbers, from you our stores and collectors, as is public feedback.

Your feedback on this particular model has been very strong and can I tell you, its one of the things I love about being in this Industry. Passion is heart of this industry and your reaction to this particular model is shows that this is still strong.

Based on that, I have decided to cancel B18403H. This item will be removed from our website in the coming days, and we will no longer process store orders for this item.

Once again, thanks for your passionate response and happy collecting.

Chris Roche

Posted Image

#74 OFFLINE   ozzibaz

ozzibaz

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 645 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:55 PM

Thanks for the info. Hopefully that puts the issue in the dust for a while... although I'm sure they'll try it again at some point. Good to know they listen to the collectors though!

#75 OFFLINE   El Cheapo

El Cheapo

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1221 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:10 AM

I think they'd be silly to try judging by this last response. Sad that prices are still staying put. Though, baby-steps.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.