#1 OFFLINE   jusali

jusali

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1341 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Too many to choose from
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:34 AM

With VW Polo and now opel kadette now being issued as sealed diecasts.....is this a new direction and likely to be standard for their new releases?
I hope not I really do!

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   Josh

Josh

• DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 9417 posts
  • Number of Models:350+
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOART Highway 61 Hot Wheels Elite Ertl Authentics
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:38 AM

I hope it is not either, but everyone is cutting costs now so I am sure we will see more of this from Norev and everyone else too.

Feel free to View My Collection Thread
http://www.diecastxc...and-collection/

It is an excellent source of Carbohydrates! Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   wrx_triggerhappy

wrx_triggerhappy

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 5206 posts
  • Number of Models:Lost count
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, ERTL, SC, Greenlight

Posted 08 June 2015 - 10:59 AM

View Postsmokeyfan, on 08 June 2015 - 09:38 AM, said:

I hope it is not either, but everyone is cutting costs now so I am sure we will see more of this from Norev and everyone else too.

They call it cost cutting yet they keep raising prices.....something is goin on here people....something not good.... :dunno: :dunno: :mad2:
Sam

Recent Additions:
Not much since the wife controls me and the money and the 93 octane isn't cheap!

my collection

#4 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Die-cast Happy Clappy!

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23366 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho,GMP

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:10 PM

...sad, just sad... :twocents: ... :bawling:

MOTORHEAD - 21ST CENTURY - MOTORHEAD ALRIGHT!!!

Fast Eddy's

Weddings........................and .....................FUNERALS!

Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   Josh

Josh

• DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 9417 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:07 PM

View Postwrx_triggerhappy, on 08 June 2015 - 10:59 AM, said:

View Postsmokeyfan, on 08 June 2015 - 09:38 AM, said:

They call it cost cutting yet they keep raising prices.....something is goin on here people....something not good.... :dunno: :dunno: :mad2:

I am hardly an economist Sam, but inflation is happening very quickly in ALL areas of expense for me. The global economy is going to hell and costs for things we want (not need) are being affected the worst. Like diecast :bawling:

#6 OFFLINE   sash07

sash07

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 558 posts
  • Number of Models:35
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart, GT Spirit, Norev, HWE
  • Proud Citizen of: za

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:19 PM

This is bad news for our hobby! I see Minichamps are also going down the same route. Their new Ford Focus ST model only has opening front doors, whereas their previous gen Focus RS had full opening parts. I hope this will not be a trend that will continue into the future.

#7 OFFLINE   . . .

. . .

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1812 posts
  • Favorite Brands:. . .
  • Proud Citizen of: rs

Posted 08 June 2015 - 10:36 PM

Seal diecast or resine, what is the point. There is no opening parts either way. . . So, next time time when you start saying how some resine is good take a sec or two and think about it. Maybe that will stop some diecast manufacturer from making opening parts because they can sell us the same model with way more less options for the same money. .

#8 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2342 posts
  • Interests:keeping it stock...
  • Number of Models:300++
  • Favorite Brands:doesnt matter as long as it is good
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:42 AM

Looks like this might very well be the direction most diecast makers will be taking. Currently it is in early stage and these makers look to be experimenting with sealed models. Obviously if we all vote with our wallets and they will know our displeasure. This new phenomenon kinda reminds me of the time Autoart tried to BS their way into making sealed body racers and selling them at the same price point as the normal fully working diecast models. I bet that didnt end well with them.

Edited by jazzy426, 09 June 2015 - 01:43 AM.

#9 OFFLINE   jusali

jusali

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1341 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Too many to choose from

Posted 09 June 2015 - 03:06 AM

I guess people want as much profit for as little effort in diecast.
Was a time when detailing and functionality was really important in 1/18 that's why one collected 1/18.
Nowadays if it's all gonna be sealed why not go for 1:43?

#10 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2342 posts
  • Interests:keeping it stock...
  • Number of Models:300++
  • Favorite Brands:doesnt matter as long as it is good
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:51 AM

View Postjusali, on 09 June 2015 - 03:06 AM, said:

I guess people want as much profit for as little effort in diecast.
Was a time when detailing and functionality was really important in 1/18 that's why one collected 1/18.
Nowadays if it's all gonna be sealed why not go for 1:43?

You got that right. When manufacturers see they can get away releasing sealed models for less cost and selling them at the same price as the traditional fully open diecast they will definitely do it. Makes perfect business sense.
I remember since young I always fancy a model car that has working doors boot and bonnet. I started off with 1/64 with only working front doors then eventually moved on to 1/24 with everything works minus the rear doors. Then 1/18 where all doors boot and bonnet all work. Now it looks like we are taking a big step backward and go back to completely sealed models. :(

I am happy with sealed 1/43 but a sealed 1/18 or 1/12 for that matter it is just pure laziness and major cost cutting for manufacturers' part. I don't mind occasional sealed resin myself otherwise those cars will never get made in 1/18 but if this is going to be a future trend I am afraid in 5 or 6 years time maybe the only maker left making operable 1/18 diecast is Maisto/Bburago. One of the pioneers in 1/18 scale diecast models.

#11 OFFLINE   Josh

Josh

• DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 9417 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:02 AM

I would not switch to 1/43 so easily, I like that ALL of my models are the same scale. That is really the number one reason I have not strayed from 1/18. I think I am to A type or something. I just stick with the same thing. I can deal with a sealed model here and there but I just won't enjoy them as much as the opening models. :twocents:

#12 OFFLINE   mohawk1975

mohawk1975

• DX Community
  • 87 posts
  • Number of Models:28
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart and Kyosho

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:32 AM

opening parts just gives additional display options - I also like steering in my wheels that gives the model a different look.  So sad if this is the way model makers are going.

#13 OFFLINE   wrx_triggerhappy

wrx_triggerhappy

• DX Hall of Fame
  • PipPip
  • 5206 posts
  • Number of Models:Lost count
  • Favorite Brands:AutoArt, Kyosho, ERTL, SC, Greenlight

Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:54 AM

If the community speaks out then we will be heard.....hopefully.....by the producers. But as many new collectors are coming from scale kits, the acceptance of having a fully sealed model at 1:18 scale with great details at a decent cost outweighs the costlier open model option. And it allows those producers to pay more attention to the outer details as some are overlooked as we have seen on the open model versions.
Sam

Recent Additions:
Not much since the wife controls me and the money and the 93 octane isn't cheap!

my collection

#14 OFFLINE   rodolfo

rodolfo

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 969 posts
  • Favorite Brands:All of them...
  • Proud Citizen of: mx

Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:03 PM

One issue is that they are cutting costs, but not passing the savings to the final customer
"Un fin de semana sin carreras...es un fin de semana perdido" [A weekend without racing...is a lost weekend]... Pedro Rodriguez

#15 OFFLINE   Uzair

Uzair

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 2107 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy and science, diecast, sim racing,
  • Favorite Brands:GMP, Exoto, CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: pk

Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:23 PM

Getting back into the forums now, and THIS is exactly the reason why the hobby's future is dead to me and why I have almost nothing on my wishlist to buy from the manufacturers, with the exception of CMC. I can't abide sealed models, purely as a matter of PERSONAL taste. Different folks different strokes, those who are happy with sealed models and willing to pay for cheap diecast and resins from the likes of Norev and GT Spirit or Ottomobile or pay a lot for expensive BBR, MR, Peako etc are welcome to indulge their own tastes. As for me, if the future of this hobby is plastic and/or sealed, then Uzair Out:

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#16 OFFLINE   slartibartfast229

slartibartfast229

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 4435 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Otto
  • Proud Citizen of: ie

Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:12 PM

What about the new BMW F80? All four doors open along with the other usual bits. A bit more expensive than the regular pricing, but not as expensive as an Autoart.

#17 OFFLINE   . . .

. . .

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 1812 posts
  • Favorite Brands:. . .
  • Proud Citizen of: rs

Posted 30 November 2016 - 10:46 PM

View PostUzair, on 29 November 2016 - 01:23 PM, said:

Getting back into the forums now, and THIS is exactly the reason why the hobby's future is dead to me and why I have almost nothing on my wishlist to buy from the manufacturers, with the exception of CMC. I can't abide sealed models, purely as a matter of PERSONAL taste. Different folks different strokes, those who are happy with sealed models and willing to pay for cheap diecast and resins from the likes of Norev and GT Spirit or Ottomobile or pay a lot for expensive BBR, MR, Peako etc are welcome to indulge their own tastes. As for me, if the future of this hobby is plastic and/or sealed, then Uzair Out:

Posted Image

Same here. . . I think in the future I will be getting only CMC or Exoto. With current prices and quality I really don't see any reason why should I spend my money on their models. I think I will start putting models money in my piggy bank to save for some 1:1 models I would like to get. . .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.