1/18 figures - Aftermarket parts & Materials - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

1/18 figures

26 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Xtreme Diecaster

Xtreme Diecaster

• DX Community
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Duh!

Posted 09 August 2003 - 01:52 PM

Does anyone know where one could possibly purchase 1/18 size people to go along with their dioramas? I have never seen any. :?

I have even thought about painting up one of my sons GI Joe figures to look like a mechanic. ;-)
Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 Guest_J Racer_*

Guest_J Racer_*

Posted 09 August 2003 - 05:07 PM

Minichamps make 1/18 scale pit crews! :sm:

#3 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*

Posted 10 August 2003 - 12:05 AM

Hey Johny,

Any links to the pit crews. :?:

#4 Guest_MclarenF1_*

Guest_MclarenF1_*

Posted 10 August 2003 - 12:22 AM

johny posted some pics way back if i remember correctly.  xtreme, i have tried the gi joe thing.  it works for motorcycles, but not hte cars.  i cannot fit the legs under the steering wheel, or else it would work out fine.  

#5 Guest_Kamikaze_*

Guest_Kamikaze_*

Posted 10 August 2003 - 02:58 AM

Hey Johny,

Any links to the pit crews. :?:

Here we go:

http://www.minichamp...t3=510&cat4=515

http://www.minichamp...t3=510&cat4=517

http://www.minichamp...t3=510&cat4=519

#6 OFFLINE   Xtreme Diecaster

Xtreme Diecaster

• DX Community
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 07:40 PM

I don't see anyhting with those links...just a header and no pic. :?
Posted Image

#7 Guest_Kamikaze_*

Guest_Kamikaze_*

Posted 10 August 2003 - 08:34 PM

I don't see anyhting with those links...just a header and no pic. :?

Donīt understand this, yesterday it works ???

Okay go to http://www.minichamps.de/default.asp , than "Produkte", "Accessories", "Kategorie" and then "Jack Set", "Refuller Set" or "Tyre Change Set" .....

#8 OFFLINE   Xtreme Diecaster

Xtreme Diecaster

• DX Community
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 01:52 PM

Thanks for the link, but thats not really what I am looking for. I was looking for more on the lines of someone (street clothes) laying down, like changing the oil or something or even possibly someone bending over and working on the engine compartment of the car.
Posted Image

#9 Guest_Kamikaze_*

Guest_Kamikaze_*

Posted 11 August 2003 - 02:03 PM

Thanks for the link, but thats not really what I am looking for. I was looking for more on the lines of someone (street clothes) laying down, like changing the oil or something or even possibly someone bending over and working on the engine compartment of the car.

Sorry, something like this i have seen only in 1:43  :cry:

#10 Guest_Gregory_gdp_*

Guest_Gregory_gdp_*

Posted 29 August 2003 - 05:52 PM

STIKFAS!  Well maybe not what your looking for but they are fun to mess with and paint.  Their feet detach so you can fit them in the models alright and they seem to look to scale.

#11 Guest_Monte Carlo_*

Guest_Monte Carlo_*

Posted 23 October 2003 - 07:52 PM

If you are still looking, the GMP Dale Earnhart and Wink with the ATV's are perfect size and posable. Unfortunately they are in hunting/fishing apparel. I just painted their close to look like jeans.

#12 Guest_RHD_*

Guest_RHD_*

Posted 29 October 2003 - 12:15 AM

does anyone know how to make figurines from scratch?

#13 Guest_Monte Carlo_*

Guest_Monte Carlo_*

Posted 29 October 2003 - 06:24 AM

You can make these with some skill of a sculptor and patience. Start with a wire frame (skeleton) Pose it, then cover it with sculpy (found at kraft stores) clay. Detail the sculpture to your desired level. Then bake the figure as instructed by sculpy. Once it cools, paint the figure as desired. It won't be posable at this point. The baking hardens the clay. It doesn't shrink during this process, which is nice.

#14 OFFLINE   Domin8

Domin8

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 817 posts
  • Interests:Too many!
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOArt, Biante, Classic Carlectables
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 29 October 2003 - 09:31 AM

You can make these with some skill of a sculptor and patience. Start with a wire frame (skeleton) Pose it, then cover it with sculpy (found at kraft stores) clay. Detail the sculpture to your desired level. Then bake the figure as instructed by sculpy. Once it cools, paint the figure as desired. It won't be posable at this point. The baking hardens the clay. It doesn't shrink during this process, which is nice.

Thanks for that, Learnt something .. I did  ;-)
Posted Image

#15 OFFLINE   Xtreme Diecaster

Xtreme Diecaster

• DX Community
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 October 2003 - 07:25 PM

ThanX for the tip Monte. :mrgreen:
Posted Image

#16 Guest_RHD_*

Guest_RHD_*

Posted 30 October 2003 - 12:43 AM

thanx monte carlo,
                            is that stuff safe to use in a oven that you put food in a lot or am i better off buying a cheap oven to bake the clay?

#17 Guest_Monte Carlo_*

Guest_Monte Carlo_*

Posted 30 October 2003 - 06:15 AM

This stuff is perfectly safe. I've been using my oven. It says on the instructions that its OK too. It bakes at a very low temp for like 15 minutes. I've only used the sculpy product (I, II, III). There are other "sculping clays" on the market, you would need to read the lable to know about them. I also use it for things other than figures, I use it for molds for use with cast resin, even tiny tools to go in my diorama. The limit is your imagination.

#18 OFFLINE   Xtreme Diecaster

Xtreme Diecaster

• DX Community
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 October 2003 - 05:12 PM

Do you have any pics of the stuff you have made?
Posted Image

#19 Guest_Monte Carlo_*

Guest_Monte Carlo_*

Posted 30 October 2003 - 08:42 PM

I will be taking pics of my whole diorama when its finished. I plan on getting it done this weekend. (the wife will be gone sat.) I will try and post those pics on Sunday. It will entail stuff I bought from Chris at MCG. And stuff I have dreamed up myself. I built my own lift, and have made use of different stuff I have found in craft stores. Things that aren't made for this but are adaptable.
I had Mark make me a hitch for my Dodge truck, I made a tool box (the kind that goesjust behind the cab, across the bed (silver). A bumper guard and a set of those step-up rails instead of a running board.
I plan on using the diorama to photograph my whole collection 2 at a time. (two bays)
My diorama is like the ones Chris has on MCG, but his are 1/24th where mine is 1/18th of course.

#20 Guest_RHD_*

Guest_RHD_*

Posted 31 October 2003 - 12:41 AM

so i could use sculpy 2 make a chin and ducktail spolier?

#21 Guest_Monte Carlo_*

Guest_Monte Carlo_*

Posted 31 October 2003 - 06:14 AM

Most definately!  Scoops and skirts, all kinds of stuff. And if your baked goods are not as nice as you would like the clay (in this form) sands very nice. I made some fog lamps and they came out OK, then I sanded them and painted them, put on a lens and WA LA.

#22 Guest_RHD_*

Guest_RHD_*

Posted 09 November 2003 - 12:41 AM

what tools do I need to do details with the sculpy clay and does it come with the wire?

#23 Guest_Monte Carlo_*

Guest_Monte Carlo_*

Posted 09 November 2003 - 04:38 PM

RW,
You'll find tools close to the clay. It does not come with the wire, since they don't know what you're going to use it for. Where ever you get the clay, you should be able to get the wire. It's nothing special, just thick enough to hold the clay inplace while it bakes. After that the clay will hold itself.
:mrgreen:

#24 Guest_RHD_*

Guest_RHD_*

Posted 10 November 2003 - 12:11 AM

cool,
       thanx monte, wat sorta paint do I use on em and do I need primer or any of that stuff on it??

#25 Guest_Monte Carlo_*

Guest_Monte Carlo_*

Posted 10 November 2003 - 06:31 AM

No primer is necessary. Any kind of paint should work. Use flat paints as they look more real. You might even try "dry brushing" which would give them an even more real look. Dry brushing is when you paint the item one color, then use a different shade with very little paint on it. Dip the brush, then wipe it off. You want the brush to be wet only. Then brush it across the item quickly. This highlights with contrasting color(shade). Different combinations can give verying results. Some good, some not. But when it works, its great.
Have fun.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.