#1 OFFLINE   Grovertje

Grovertje

• DX Community
  • 5 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto
  • Proud Citizen of: sg

Posted 06 July 2015 - 03:50 PM

Hi guys,

Why do Exoto still allow you to pre-order new to be released Ferrari models when they lost the license?
Thats a bit of a scam to me as you make the down payment but never get your model unless they get back the license to build new models from Ferrari.
Shouldnt they suspend that for now?

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   ssiddi2

ssiddi2

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 160 posts
  • Favorite Brands:CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:13 AM

they don't advertise them as ferrari's...  thats how they try to get around the legal ramifications.  its still a risky purchase though because they won't produce the model until they have a certain number of pre-orders and who knows if and when they reach that target number.

#3 OFFLINE   Grovertje

Grovertje

• DX Community
  • 5 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Exoto
  • Proud Citizen of: sg

Posted 17 July 2015 - 05:43 AM

I emailed them today, had the Ferrari 126C2 on preorder for 7 years (since August 2008!).
Asked them if i could use the 100 bucks as store credit instead as i had waited long enough and had little faith in it ever being released.
Within five minutes i had a personal email from Tony in my inbox. Very quick. I agreed to change the order to another model and was very impressed with how quick they got back. So my experience has been good.
Pity that 126 is not coming, but put my money with BBR instead who now also delayed it. Lets see

#4 OFFLINE   ws6_22

ws6_22

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 1763 posts
  • Favorite Brands:gmp
  • Proud Citizen of: es

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:18 AM

cancel the preorder

you dont see that car made by exoto in your life

#5 OFFLINE   audirs6

audirs6

• DX Elite
  • Pip
  • 3108 posts
  • Interests:Photography
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart and CMC
  • Proud Citizen of: si

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:52 PM

View PostGrovertje, on 17 July 2015 - 05:43 AM, said:

I emailed them today, had the Ferrari 126C2 on preorder for 7 years (since August 2008!).
Asked them if i could use the 100 bucks as store credit instead as i had waited long enough and had little faith in it ever being released.
Within five minutes i had a personal email from Tony in my inbox. Very quick. I agreed to change the order to another model and was very impressed with how quick they got back. So my experience has been good.
Pity that 126 is not coming, but put my money with BBR instead who now also delayed it. Lets see

Good experience ?
Oh cmon.. They had your money for 7 years.. This is bad and sad!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.