DiecastXchange Forum banner

Best Engine on a Diecast Model

4K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  ws6_22 
#1 ·
What is the best engine you've ever seen on a diecast model? This can be from and manufacture, scale, or type of car.

Attach a picture so everyone can see all the best engines in one place!

At the end of every month, there will be a poll where everyone can vote for the DX engine of the month.

Cant wait to see what you guys think!

#5 ·
I don't have a Exoto D Type (yet) but I sure do fancy one!!!

#7 ·
I think the Exoto D-Type takes the prize here, I've personally seen two of them and they're just way beyond most models, only the best CMC's can get somewhere near, but definitely not there, and I've seen my share of CMC's too!
There's also the BBR Ferrari 375, if I remember correctly it can compete with the CMC's at least...

#8 ·
I got to say the ERTL F&F Mustang was by far hands down the BEST representation EVER of an engine!!! EVERRRRRRR. Just joking.

While I don't own anything CMC or Exoto (I wish a lot but will not) I have to say the Autoart Bugatti Atlantique and Zonda were very impressive overall with the details. Even the AUTOart McLaren F1 street recent release was impressive as well. But I'm easy to please. Unlike your mom.

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
In 1/18 the best I've ever seen - and most exciting IMHO - is (as Craig said) the CMC MB Uhlenhaut

Indeed it was on my 2015 wishlist........HOWEVER, there are reports of paint rash (...or mebbe ZINC PEST!!
) with this model....so if you're thinking of getting....make sure you get a good 'un..

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
My all time favorite model is of course the AUTOart McLaren F1, which i'm hoping I can get soon as the paychecks are starting to fly in, but an engine that no one has mentioned (or just did as i'm writing this) is the AUTOart Nissan R390. I was completely blown away by how intricate it is for an AUTOart model. Sure youll find that level or more on an Exoto or a CMC that has a $600+ USD price tag, but for around $200, it's unbelieveable. I even had it set to my phone background (the McLaren F1 by AUTOart fully opened is my current one. Yes I know it may be becoming a slight problem.....
)

#15 ·
^Hahaha! Nice one Smokey!
....but is that YOURS, or a googlepic??

#19 ·
Thought it was familiar Josh
....Congrats on a unique model - I missed one a few years back at a great price.....but now don't think I'll ever own one....

#27 ·
^ I've never owned one of these beauties Alej, but I can see from your photos that they'd be so very hard to beat...you simply can't imagine you could get finer detail than the throttle linkages on the D-type....or the hose clamps on the sharknose....just

Do you have them all then?

#28 · (Edited by Moderator)
are the most detailed car,but are very very very fragile

I have this Exoto XS

Alfa Romeo 159M #22 J.M.Fangio Winner GP Spain F1 1951 (Exoto)

Ferrari Dino 246F1 #34 l.Musso GP Monaco F1 1958 (Exoto)

Ferrari Dino Tipo 156/120º Sharknose #2 W.Von Trips GP Belgium F1 1961 (Exoto)

Jaguar D-Type Short Nose #16 P.Frere/F.Rousselle 24H of le mans 1957 (Exoto)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.