Finding the right Dubs (Guide) - Wheels, Brakes and Stance works - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

Finding the right Dubs (Guide)

5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gafotes

gafotes

Wake Work Sleep

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 173 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart

Posted 14 October 2004 - 01:42 PM

:welcome This is a quick guide for determining wheels sizes from Dub City and Import Racer cars as applied to 1:18 vehicles.  Scroll further down for examples.  If you need more images visit my site or send me an email.

18"s
The rims found on the 1:24 Import racers, when put on a 1:18 vehicle equate to 18" rims.  You can see this by measuring the 1:24 rims, they're exactly one inch.

20"s
The rims found on the 1:24 Dub City Trucks equate to about 20"s.  There are a few exceptions with the cars (18"s) and the new Hummer H2 (22"s or so).

22"s
The rims found on a few of the 1:18 Dub City (The impala) cars and all of 1:18 Import Racers are 22"s or 23"s.  The larger size of replacement rims found on ebay and collectablediecast.com are also 22"s or 23"s.

26"s and up
The rims from 1:18 Dub City Trucks are mostly 26"s (or within one inch).  There are some exceptions though.  Again the Dub City Hummer H2 in 1:18 probably has larger rims (I haven't actually seen it) and I know that the rims from the Yukon Denali are 28"s.

Trucks
For trucks I recommend either the rims from 22 or 26 and up.  Generally the 26s and larger only look good on Hummers, there are very few other trucks that can even fit them.  See the picture below:
Posted Image
As you can see the Hummer is sporting some large 26" Oasis B1s.  The Evo is equipped with 19" Ro_ja GT M rims from a 2Fast2Furious Honda S2000.

Here is an example of a truck on 22s:
Posted Image

Sedans
Normal Sedans and larger cars can usually look appealing with 20s.  There are a few cars you may be able to get away with putting 22s on though.  Here is an example of 22s and 20s on two cars.

Wide image, load in seperate window

Sports Cars
An example of 18s; these are actually fitted onto the stock tires, only some slight chassis modifications were required:

Posted Image

The right size of wheel is up to you but a good rule of thumb for keeping the image of the car balanced is to fit on tires that make the new tire and rim the same diameter as the old tire and rim.  If you increase the size of the cars rims from 18" to 20" your tire size needs to drop.

For instructions on installing your choice of rim click here.

Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 Guest_nadav_86_*

Guest_nadav_86_*

Posted 14 October 2004 - 01:50 PM

Posted Image

great work :tongue  :tongue

#3 OFFLINE   Nocky

Nocky

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 5254 posts
  • Interests:Diecast, models, customized cars
  • Favorite Brands:Bburago
  • Proud Citizen of: nz

Posted 14 October 2004 - 02:11 PM

Thanks for the info!
I have heard that 26" plus wheels are actually TOO large for the brakes to handle! Apparently the rotating mass is more than they can cope with. So if you see a H2 with 26"'s on it behind you, PULL OVER!

Peter

Custom Diecast, Just DO IT!
Posted Image

#4 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*

Posted 14 October 2004 - 08:49 PM

Thanks for taking the time to post the information :cheers

#5 OFFLINE   gafotes

gafotes

Wake Work Sleep

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 173 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Autoart

Posted 15 October 2004 - 09:12 AM

DiecastX, on Oct 15 2004, 02:49 AM, said:

Thanks for taking the time to post the information :cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hope to I was helpful to everyone! :rockon
Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   agvancouver

agvancouver

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 462 posts
  • Interests:Diecasts,Film photography
  • Favorite Brands:autoart, kyosho, norev, maisto, tamiya
  • Proud Citizen of: ca

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:33 AM

i was just wondering about this today
View my photos!
www.redbubble.com/people/adriangeronimo

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.