How to lower an Ertl/Anson Dodge Ram/Durango (Guide) - Wheels, Brakes and Stance works - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

How to lower an Ertl/Anson Dodge Ram/Durango (Guide)

2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Nocky

Nocky

• DX Elite
  • PipPip
  • 5254 posts
  • Interests:Diecast, models, customized cars
  • Favorite Brands:Bburago
  • Proud Citizen of: nz

Posted 17 November 2004 - 01:29 PM

Just thought I would post this here. This was in response to a guy called Eddie on the Scale18 Bburago asking about how to lower an Anson Dodge Ram or Durango truck. Thought you guys might be interested. I have rephrased some things and added some more information too.

Hi there Eddie. I have lowered an Ertl Dodge Ram and it would be the same as doing an Anson Ram/Durango (I have several Ertl and Anson Rams and also have a Durango). How low do you want to go? Do you want to lower the Ram (which I think is a 3500 Dually?) or the Durango?

For the Ram below, I removed the rear suspension, cut the axle from the leaf spring then re-attached it on top of the spring (called an axle drop in 1:1 truck modifying). You can see some square brass tubing around the axles where they touch the leaf spring. I think I might have cut the axles off there and placed the square tubing around it for strength (I don't remember doing this, but there would be no other way of getting the tubing around the axle. This was a mod that I did a few years ago………and still haven't quite finished!).

I also cut a C loop in the rear chassis to give the axle some room to move.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Here is a pict showing the moded rear suspension with a standard rear suspension.

Posted Image

Peter

Custom Diecast, Just DO IT!
Posted Image

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 Guest_DiecastX_*

Guest_DiecastX_*

Posted 17 November 2004 - 01:56 PM

Thanks for the write up :cheers

#3 Guest_nadav_86_*

Guest_nadav_86_*

Posted 17 November 2004 - 03:10 PM

:cheers Peter

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.