D N'D-Land's 1/43rd & 1/64th Showecases....(Updated 01/02/2018) - DX 1:43 (and smaller) Collectors - DiecastXchange.com Diecast Cars Forums

D N'D-Land's 1/43rd & 1/64th Showecases....(Updated 01/02/2018)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11494 posts
  • Interests:Creative Design/Diecasts/Travel/Music/Friends & Family/Foodie
  • Favorite Brands:Best Product Made(Especially Dealer Promos)
  • Proud Citizen of: us

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:16 AM

I'm doing this showcase completely as a everything I have 1/43rd...starting with five few my favorite JDMs (Including 2 new 1987 Toyota Mark II Hardtop GX71 Grande G)

1/43 1987 Toyota Mark II Hardtop Grande G by Hi-Story...(Plus a few friends)

This car alone got me interested in JDMs when I seen one in a movie when I was around 11 years old I thought, is that a Cressida? :dunno:  Then later after Fujimi started releasing (Hard to get at that time) models of this car along with it's brothers the Chaser/Cresta and Mark II Sedan (This is the Hard top 4 door)..the Mark II Sedan was the US Cressida :eusa_clap:

It's crazy to see how Hi-Story and others get metal Chrome Detailing applied at 1/43rd scale, but then I remember my insanely detailed Oversteer Mazdas in 1/64th scale :yahoo:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Loved this design so much and missing out on the 1/24th Fujimi as a kid, I really am making up for that lost with two as I had to add the GORGEOUS Bordeaux Mark II as well! :drool5:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Direct competition..Nissan's Cedric/Gloria twins...(also by Hi-Story)
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

80s Group Shot with "One" 90s intruder..
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hoped that Y'all enjoyed this posting!!! :occasion14:

Make the Best Out of Life!

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

http://www.diecastxc...wcase-up-dated/

Remove Advertisements User is offline Advertisement

• DieCastXChange.com

#2 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11494 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:26 AM

Link Here: 1990 Toyota Soarer 3.0 GT Limited

Well, it's been a very long time for me to purchase a 1/43rd given the fact that model cars in all scales have skyrocketed to the point that you have to pic a scale or even just a theme these days to not end up busted due to collecting! With that said, I paid more for this 1/43 than of one of the 1/18 Mazda 3 Axelas that I posted over the weekend...but, I had to have this as it was one of my teenage JDM Icons.

For me the Soarer was the Ultimate Coupe from the late 80s to 1991(Until it was replaced by a 3rd Gen Soarer which was sold in the US as the Lexus SC Coupe). This car was basically the 3rd Gen Toyota Supra, but in notchback form. With that said, I built  a few 1/24 scale Tamiyas & Fujimis of this car and now, I'm so glad that I could just buy these magnificently detailed miniatures in 1/43rd scale! Mark43 dd an AMAZING job on this model! This car's resin body has crisp sharp defined cut lines everywhere, the car is loaded with PE trim/grill and even the wiper blades are unbelievable in the fact that someone had to make these and then be so neat about it!!! :omg:  The interior is outstanding as well, in two tone tan/beige with all instruments and and details in tact like the real car's but in 1/43rd scale. :occasion14:

I honestly recommend this model to JDM fans and to 1/43rd scale collectors that want super high quality in something rare and unusual. I have to give this model a 9.85 out of ten :eusa_clap:

Pics:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(1986-1990) 1990 Toyota Soarer 3.0 GT-Limited...
Posted Image

Feel Free To have a look at my 1/18th Collection Showcase. Link Below Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   bmp118

bmp118

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 598 posts
  • Favorite Brands:ALL HAVE SOMETHING GOOD!

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:45 AM

Great collection of 1/43s.  They may be small, but your right,some of them cost more than pretty penny.

#4 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11494 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 07:57 AM

View Postbmp118, on 15 February 2016 - 06:45 AM, said:

Great collection of 1/43s.  They may be small, but your right,some of them cost more than pretty penny.
Unfortunately the days of the $30 bucks 1/43rd are far behind us!! :bawling:

Link Here: 1991 Mazda Sentia 929 by Hi-Story

Again, it's been a very long time for me to purchase a 1/43rd given the fact that model cars in all scales have skyrocketed to the point that you have to pic a scale or even just a theme these days to not end up busted due to collecting! With that said, I paid more for this 1/43 than of one of the 1/18 Mazda 3 Axelas that I posted over the weekend...but, I had to have this as it was one of my teenage JDM Icons.

For me the Sentia(929 in N.America) was the Ultimate Sedan Design of it's era from 1991 until it was ultimatly replaced by the Mazda Millenia replaced in the mid to late 90s. This car was basically Mazda's Luxury flagship, with a fluid organic form masking a RWD tradition platform. With that said, I really loved seeing my parent's friends that had one in this color when they pulled into the driveway with this massive and gorgeous machine! :drool5: These days, I'm so glad that I could just buy these magnificently detailed miniature in 1/43rd scale! Hi-Story have done an AMAZING job on this model! This car's resin body has crisp sharp defined cut lines everywhere, the car is loaded with PE trim/grill and even the wheels and badging are unbelievable in the fact that someone had to make these and then be so neat about it!!! :eusa_clap:   The interior is outstanding as well, in two tone tan/beige with all instruments and and details in tact like the real car's but in 1/43rd scale. :occasion14:

I honestly recommend this model to JDM fans and to 1/43rd scale collectors that want super high quality in something rare and unusual. I have to give this model a 9.75 out of ten :eusa_clap:

Pics:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
They even mimicked the solar paneled Sunroof that always powered the air-condition to kept the car cool on hot days when it was parked out in the heat... :eusa_clap:
Posted Image
You can just read the inside's HVAC & IP Cluster dials!! Magnificent!
Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11494 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:29 AM

Link Here: 1989 Nissan Cedric 4door Hardtop Gran Turismo SV Late-version by Hi-Story

So, here I find myself buying more and more 1/43rd scale models of 1/24th scale plastic kits that I built back in the 80s and 90s..this time in the same color as i had airbrushed my 1/24 Fujimi Cedric kit :yahoo:  How lucky ha? :eusa_clap: With that said, I'm really happy that I was fortunate enough to get this rare model as they have been sold out for a looong time in general. :adore:
Basically in the late 80s in Japan if you were a businessman that didn't drive one of Toyota's products, you were probably in one of these or the twin Gloria version if not the triplet Cima version. The first time that I'd ever seen a real one was in the movie "Black Rain" and I was so excited to see one beyond renderings in my Fujimi yearly catalogs.. :drool5:
Fast forward, now, I don't build kits as I collect diecasts mainly and the older I get the more I miss the inspiring things from my youth and this just happened to be one of those. I'm really grateful to have it. The quality is really well done and the model looks the part as well as the finish overall is topnotch. Details like the P.E. badging/trim, accurate wheels and the front as well as rear lamp details are spot on. the interior is replicated well and in the same color as the kit I painted and built decades ago. What a coincidence! :dunno:  This car is very Japanese and probably only a select few of us go for this type of thing, but for me it was a must have model.

Because of high quality and accuracy in addition to outstanding build quality on such a small scale I'm giving it a 9.75 out of 10 :eusa_clap:  

If you can find one, I highly recommend it! :occasion14:

A few shots of the Cedric/Gloria...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Gloria Twin to Cedric..
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

High level of interior detail...
Posted Image

One of Nissan Best looking RWD Sedans during the 80s...
Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11494 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:21 AM

Link Here: 1/64 80s 90s JDMs by Tomica (Tomeytec Neo Vintage)/Kyosho/AUTOart/ Konami

So, as I promised myself last year, I would spread my focus between 1/18th, 1/43rd & 1/64th scales again as more and more cars that I liked growing up in the 80s & early 90s are becoming available in detailed high quality replicas.. Specifically 1/64th scale.

So, here's some reason shots of "some" of my JDM childhood heros!! :occasion14:

Posted Image

Edited by D N'D-Land, 16 March 2016 - 11:46 AM.

#7 OFFLINE   jazzy426

jazzy426

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2342 posts
  • Interests:keeping it stock...
  • Number of Models:300++
  • Favorite Brands:doesnt matter as long as it is good
  • Proud Citizen of: au

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:24 AM

David those small scale models look absolutely impressive. If u didn't mention the scale I would have thought those Hi story models are 1/18. Even the 1/64 tommytec looks as big as the 1/43 cousin. The details are amazing.

#8 OFFLINE   Josh

Josh

• DX Community
  • PipPip
  • 9417 posts
  • Number of Models:350+
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOART Highway 61 Hot Wheels Elite Ertl Authentics

Posted 15 February 2016 - 12:13 PM

Great looking small scale collection and lots of pics. I grew up with Mitsubishi Mirage, and Galant from this era and learned to drive in a Celica manual from 86 or so. SO I car relate to the design of these quite a bit :yahoo:

Feel free to View My Collection Thread
http://www.diecastxc...and-collection/

It is an excellent source of Carbohydrates! Posted Image

#9 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11494 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:54 PM

View Postjazzy426, on 15 February 2016 - 10:24 AM, said:

David those small scale models look absolutely impressive. If u didn't mention the scale I would have thought those Hi story models are 1/18. Even the 1/64 tommytec looks as big as the 1/43 cousin. The details are amazing.
Thanks Jazzy!! :danke:  I'm really happy that you found them impressive as well! :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:  I was really surprised that Hi-Story and Mark43  are beating PMA and the usual 1/43rd makers with super high quality levels of detailing! :drool5:  I am truly Amazed!! :occasion14:

View PostJosh, on 15 February 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

Great looking small scale collection and lots of pics. I grew up with Mitsubishi Mirage, and Galant from this era and learned to drive in a Celica manual from 86 or so. SO I car relate to the design of these quite a bit :yahoo:
Thanks Josh!!! :danke:  Yes, Totally the era when I really and truly fell in love with cars and these are like my hardcore foundations for what a car means to me!!! :yahoo: :yahoo: ..okay so are Jaguar XJ-S' and Porsche 928s.. :drool5: :drool5: but you know what I mean :nice:  Glad you liked it and that it also brought back memories for you as well! :occasion14:

#10 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11494 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:06 PM

Link Here: 1/64th 21st Century JDMs by..Tomica Tomeytec Neo Vintage/Oversteer/AUTOart

Nissan Vision 2020 Gran Turismo Concept...

Posted Image

Nissan IDx FreeFlow Concept Detroit...

Posted Image

Overview 21st Century JDMs...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by D N'D-Land, 16 March 2016 - 11:30 AM.

#11 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11494 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:22 PM

Link Here: 1/64 Light Weight Sports Cars Set by Aoshima

I also collect 1/64th scale diecast cars too..I really like the true scale cars as they are more realistic like(1/87th scale) but in metal versus plastic.

Here's one of my recent purchases from Japan(I also bought some Tomytec Neo Vintage cars as well which I will post later). These are really very detailed to be such tiny things.. separate front & rear lights, true designed wheels and accurate paint jobs make these all winners in my eyes.. :occasion14:

Posted Image

Edited by D N'D-Land, 16 March 2016 - 11:26 AM.

#12 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 14574 posts
  • Interests:Family. LFC. F1. WEC. Model Cars. Movies. The Grand Tour. Top Gear
  • Favorite Brands:Gulf & Martini Porsche's.
  • Proud Citizen of: uk

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:43 PM

Very nice to see other 1/18 collectors with other scales too. :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If one does not fail at times, Then one has not challenged himself "

Ferdinand Porsche.

My Showcase Pictures.... Click here

#13 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11494 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:47 PM

View PostDave7872, on 15 February 2016 - 06:43 PM, said:

Very nice to see other 1/18 collectors with other scales too. :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
Hey Dave!! :nice:  Thanks!! :danke: ...I really love cars and I have held off from 1/43rds for some years until I bought a BMW i8 Dealer Promos in 2014 and the itch came back when I noticed that many of my favorite 80s & 90s Japanese models were being made in 1/43rd scale. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:  Do you collect other scales as well too? :occasion14:

#14 OFFLINE   Dave7872

Dave7872

Bronze Member

• DX Elite
  • PipPipPip
  • 14574 posts
  • Interests:Family. LFC. F1. WEC. Model Cars. Movies. The Grand Tour. Top Gear
  • Favorite Brands:Gulf & Martini Porsche's.
  • Proud Citizen of: uk

Posted 16 February 2016 - 06:09 PM

Hi mate, I do have have other scales, I have only about about 40 1/43 models, Lots of Porsche, Alfa and Mercedes, road and race.

I'll try and get some pics taken soon.

:occasion14:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Posted Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If one does not fail at times, Then one has not challenged himself "

Ferdinand Porsche.

My Showcase Pictures.... Click here

#15 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11494 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:27 AM

View PostDave7872, on 16 February 2016 - 06:09 PM, said:

Hi mate, I do have have other scales, I have only about about 40 1/43 models, Lots of Porsche, Alfa and Mercedes, road and race.

I'll try and get some pics taken soon.

:occasion14:
Hey Dave!!! :nice:  I'm looking forward to seeing your 1/43rds when you get the time to post them!! :yahoo: Cheers!!! :occasion14:

#16 OFFLINE   seppuku

seppuku

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 2936 posts
  • Interests:Eat, sleep, work, collecting 1/43, repeat....:)
  • Number of Models:179 as of 2/25/2018
  • Favorite Brands:Makeup/Eidolon, BBR, Tecnomodel, MR,

Posted 20 February 2016 - 10:48 AM

Nice collection you got going there...Keep up the good work...:)

"I have to admit I dont understand 1:43. 1:12 and larger I get, but most 1:43 I have seen (MOST) dont look like real cars. They are usually off in some way."

-lateapex

#17 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11494 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 06:54 PM

View Postseppuku, on 20 February 2016 - 10:48 AM, said:

Nice collection you got going there...Keep up the good work...:)
Thanks! :danke:  I have sooooooo many of these that I hate to un-pack the cases and then put them back in the same order :bawling:  Notice how I tried to take as many group shots of my newest ones..LOL! :giggle: :giggle: :giggle:  Thanks for your comments! :occasion14:

#18 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11494 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 09:17 PM

Link: Norev Mini-Jets 3inch New Renault Dealer Editions

Well, here's Norev's answer to Hot Wheels/Matchbox/Siku & Majorette Norev's Minijets 3" inch Dealer Edition Series! :yahoo:

So much detail, Matchbox should be making models like this...
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by D N'D-Land, 16 March 2016 - 11:24 AM.

#19 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11494 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 10:31 AM

Link: 1/64th New Mazda MX-5 Roadster/CX-5 & CX-3 by Oversteer

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 OFFLINE   mik65

mik65

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 332 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, GMP, Lane Exact, Ertl
  • Proud Citizen of: ru

Posted 10 April 2016 - 08:37 AM

Wow, so many little but interesting cars!!! :yahoo:

#21 OFFLINE   Batman

Batman

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 691 posts
  • Interests:Batman, Beatles and Bond! Wine, women and song!
  • Number of Models:Enough! Enough is enough... but never enough!
  • Favorite Brands:Lesney Matchbox, Hot Wheels (Redlines) and Corgi

Posted 10 April 2016 - 08:59 AM

View PostD N, on 03 March 2016 - 09:17 PM, said:

Well, here's Norev's answer to Hot Wheels/Matchbox/Siku & Majorette Norev's Minijets 3" inch Dealer Edition Series! :yahoo:

Awesome looking models. I wish Matchbox would do something like this too! Unfortunately, they've become a low priority, step-child since Mattel took ownership.  Mattel favors Hot Wheels and has let the Matchbox brand suffer.

Edited by Batman, 10 April 2016 - 09:00 AM.

#22 OFFLINE   mairandeddy

mairandeddy

Die-cast Happy Clappy!

• DX Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23366 posts
  • Favorite Brands:Kyosho,GMP
  • Proud Citizen of: gb

Posted 10 April 2016 - 11:52 AM

Missed this til today David so apologies   :rolleyes:  don't know how... :lamende:  Great pics but somehow got a 'deja vue' on you 1/43 JDMs...have you posted them before?? :dunno:

MOTORHEAD - 21ST CENTURY - MOTORHEAD ALRIGHT!!!

Fast Eddy's

Weddings........................and .....................FUNERALS!

Posted Image

#23 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11494 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 11:00 PM

View Postmik65, on 10 April 2016 - 08:37 AM, said:

Wow, so many little but interesting cars!!! :yahoo:
Thanks Mik! :danke: These are fun to collect when you can get them new and cheap before ebay dealer charge 3 to 5 times their worth! :yahoo:

View PostBatman, on 10 April 2016 - 08:59 AM, said:

View PostD N, on 03 March 2016 - 09:17 PM, said:

Awesome looking models. I wish Matchbox would do something like this too! Unfortunately, they've become a low priority, step-child since Mattel took ownership.  Mattel favors Hot Wheels and has let the Matchbox brand suffer.
Thanks Batman! :danke: Obviously, but it seems like in recent years Matchbox has stepped up their game a bit..I'd still buy a Matchbox over an Hot Wheels when they release similar cars :nice:

View Postmairandeddy, on 10 April 2016 - 11:52 AM, said:

Missed this til today David so apologies   :rolleyes:  don't know how... :lamende:  Great pics but somehow got a 'deja vue' on you 1/43 JDMs...have you posted them before?? :dunno:
Thanks Ed! :danke:  Well, I think that I had the 1/43rds located in another showcase a week before I moved them here, if I remember correctly :dunno:  Thanks though & Cheers!!! :occasion14:

#24 OFFLINE   mik65

mik65

• DX Community
  • Pip
  • 332 posts
  • Favorite Brands:AUTOart, GMP, Lane Exact, Ertl
  • Proud Citizen of: ru

Posted 12 April 2016 - 04:16 AM

View PostD N, on 11 April 2016 - 11:00 PM, said:

Thanks Mik! :danke: These are fun to collect when you can get them new and cheap before ebay dealer charge 3 to 5 times their worth! :yahoo:

Not a word more about it !!! :occasion14:

#25 OFFLINE   D N'D-Land

D N'D-Land

Bronze Member

• DX Moderator
  • PipPipPip
  • 11494 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 10:30 PM

View Postmik65, on 12 April 2016 - 04:16 AM, said:

View PostD N, on 11 April 2016 - 11:00 PM, said:

Not a word more about it !!! :occasion14:
Mik, sorry that I just noticed this message!! :duh:  CHEERS!! :occasion14:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.